First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-06-22 11:12:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Anyways...how much longer until Vana Fest?
8 hours and 15 min until the first stream!
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2012-06-22 11:20:16
Link | Citer | R

For me, it would make sense to take a boat ride from Selbina, just like the boat right from Mhaura to Whitegate. If it is to be an airship, then the Sandy port would work, but only as an airship, as the water the airship lands in is a lake that doesn't appear to be linked to the sea (as stated above). I also think SE wouldn't want one of the three starter cities to be the "host" to access the new region, due to the obvious Sandy immigration problems :/

If you wanted to get closer West then there is Tavnazia, but this would break the "no-progress in one expansion does not limit you in another" rule they seem to follow. With this rule in place, Bibiki Bay, Kazham and Norg would also not qualify due to their availability only with RotZ.

For me, Selbina for sure.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-22 11:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Damn immigrants spoiling the quality of life in San d'Oria!
[+]
By Tphantom 2012-06-22 11:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Heck said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
I would like to know how they plan on getting us there.

Will they be lazy and just create an NPC to teleport us, will they add an airship? (unlikely)

Maybe an extension of port sandy where we go by ship.

Maybe they will finally use the Norg airship for something!?

Thats what i said, but the sandy theory gainin in the debate room.
 Asura.Revelation
Serveur: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2012-06-22 11:38:03
Link | Citer | R

A dock at Cape Teriggan would be cool.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-06-22 11:43:49
Link | Citer | R

missdivine said: »
That's very nice, however it won't make me reactive unless they put 3 jobs (like they always do for each expansion) or new races. Specially when ff14 patch 2.0 is coming very soon ,Guildwars2 as well. But i guess they will put these Adoulin addons early on 2013? maybe

don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, but where do you get that this happens for every expansion?

it's only happened once...
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-06-22 11:46:42
Link | Citer | R

There is that tunnel zone, and it does look quite long, so it could lead from Altepa or Terrigan to the new areas.
 Phoenix.Nerji
user: Nerji
By Phoenix.Nerji 2012-06-22 11:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »
missdivine said: »
That's very nice, however it won't make me reactive unless they put 3 jobs (like they always do for each expansion) or new races. Specially when ff14 patch 2.0 is coming very soon ,Guildwars2 as well. But i guess they will put these Adoulin addons early on 2013? maybe

don't know if anyone mentioned it or not, but where do you get that this happens for every expansion?

it's only happened once...

RoZ:
Dragoon
Summoner
Ninja
Samurai

CoP:
Nothing

ToAU:
Blue Mage
Corsair
Puppetmaster

WotG:
Dancer
Scholar

Yeah they probably won't add any new jobs just yet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Spira
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2012-06-22 11:53:11
Link | Citer | R

RoZ technically added 3 only.
SMN was released as an original advanced job at the same time. You don't need RoZ to unlock SMN, but you do for the other 3 jobs, and the same is true for all other expansion jobs.

so its

3 -> 0 -> 3 -> 2

i'm thinking 2 will be enough if they add any, partly because we already have so many jobs.. and also because it looks nicer when you have an even number to select from in the menu.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-06-22 11:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Just throwing my theories out there.

A Norg airship is probably easiest since there's an existing port.
But that place is far east. I would expect something more west. But when you look at the areas west of our map, you don't see too many options. (besides sandy of course, but wheres the fun in that.)

Perhaps a smaller new zone in the main lands for transportation only since I don't see anywhere in altep, cape or even tavn where its really viable.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-22 11:59:57
Link | Citer | R

I'm not against new jobs, but I just don't want it to end up like SCH. SCH only became useful with Embrava. Disregarding usefulness, the job overlaps other jobs like crazy, so I just want to see something unique I guess.
 Bismarck.Evilbob
user: evilbob3
By Bismarck.Evilbob 2012-06-22 12:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
There is that tunnel zone, and it does look quite long, so it could lead from Altepa or Terrigan to the new areas.
This sounds plausable.

Also... WEEEE!! This is looking more and more like its really gonna happon, cant wait another 7 hours!
 Bismarck.Torvak
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2012-06-22 12:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Hells yeah, cant wait to get seeking the new 36-72hr HNM in Adoulin. Bring it baby yeehah

Or even random instancing instead of camping, eg: youll be fighting/exploring the land and when a HNM window opens your party might suddenly start fighting it. so your actually camping without knowing it.

oh and i bet $1000 this expansion crashes your xbox. gotta love SE's fake support for that platform.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-22 12:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I'm not against new jobs, but I just don't want it to end up like SCH. SCH only became useful with Embrava. Disregarding usefulness, the job overlaps other jobs like crazy, so I just want to see something unique I guess.

Didn't SCH hold no utility in events until the more capable players toyed with it for awhile, then eventually realized it was better at single nuking over the majority of BLMs, as well as put WHM out of a job so badly that SE had to buff up WHM into the beast it is today?

On the job front though, I wanna say it's a safe bet at this point that they'll probably add something new if they're tossing us an expansion of this scale from what we've seen. They really seem to be pulling off the gloves on this and making it more like ToAU with the amount of areas, compared to itty bitty WotG, so no telling what other awesome suprises we'll be seeing tonight.
 Siren.Dcon
Serveur: Siren
user: Dcon
By Siren.Dcon 2012-06-22 12:48:28
Link | Citer | R

awwwwww man... i quit this game for good 9 months ago.......and been fighting the urge to wanna play again for the past 2 weeks..... THIS!!!!!! does not help me......
 Leviathan.Tsolamogola
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tsolamogola 2012-06-22 12:53:04
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually pretty excited for this. Haven't played/been really interested in a while but exploring a new expansion could be fun!
By Turtles 2012-06-22 13:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
For me, it would make sense to take a boat ride from Selbina, just like the boat right from Mhaura to Whitegate. If it is to be an airship, then the Sandy port would work, but only as an airship, as the water the airship lands in is a lake that doesn't appear to be linked to the sea (as stated above). I also think SE wouldn't want one of the three starter cities to be the "host" to access the new region, due to the obvious Sandy immigration problems :/

If you wanted to get closer West then there is Tavnazia, but this would break the "no-progress in one expansion does not limit you in another" rule they seem to follow. With this rule in place, Bibiki Bay, Kazham and Norg would also not qualify due to their availability only with RotZ.

For me, Selbina for sure.

Abyssea requires past expansions doesn't it? so I don't know if the rule has been broken or not since they're considered add-ons or whatever.
 Bismarck.Torvak
user: TorvakUK
By Bismarck.Torvak 2012-06-22 13:07:20
Link | Citer | R

I dont think you can even buy a standalone ffxi anymore, so any of the first 4 expansions areas should be fine to travel from.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-22 13:12:31
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea required the old expansions in order to work, most notably Zilart and later on I think they snuck CoP into the fine print.

What I really wanna see them do is require you to COMPLETE old expansions so they can possibly expand on the storylines or use characters from it. I know I'm not the only person who wants to see a bit more Prishe and pals. Plus ACP would have been better with Ulia instead of what we got, for the story they presented, but they had to make it setup where players who haven't beaten CoP could still make sense of it and not get spoilers.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-06-22 13:20:38
Link | Citer | R

May explain the mystery of ROM9:

http://wilddragonchase.blogspot.sg/2012/06/ffxi-bgblog-mystery-of-rom9.html

Someone posted the pictures but if you click on the blog it goes into more detail about the pictures.
 Asura.Revelation
user: Oric
By Asura.Revelation 2012-06-22 13:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Just throwing my theories out there. A Norg airship is probably easiest since there's an existing port. But that place is far east. I would expect something more west. But when you look at the areas west of our map, you don't see too many options. (besides sandy of course, but wheres the fun in that.) Perhaps a smaller new zone in the main lands for transportation only since I don't see anywhere in altep, cape or even tavn where its really viable.

Assuming the world is round, Far East may be closer than you think! :P
By Hsieh 2012-06-22 13:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Revelation said: »
Just throwing my theories out there. A Norg airship is probably easiest since there's an existing port. But that place is far east. I would expect something more west. But when you look at the areas west of our map, you don't see too many options. (besides sandy of course, but wheres the fun in that.) Perhaps a smaller new zone in the main lands for transportation only since I don't see anywhere in altep, cape or even tavn where its really viable.

I was just thinking where that Norg in airship can go and if the world is round, can be short distance to the far west.
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-06-22 13:44:47
Link | Citer | R

At first i was like omg omg omg!
Then i was like, I WANT IT NOW omg omg omg!
Then i was like.... it will prolly suck anyway.. meh

on another note, new jobs -> Judge and Assassin yes please, or Green Mage :)
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2012-06-22 13:45:21
Link | Citer | R

What about the spot in Cape Teriggan where it seems they wanted to do more but never did. That could be the spot where you take off to get there. Also that area is right on the water to.
 Odin.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-06-22 13:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Looking forward to watching vanafest tomorrow, seem so far away now that I learned this exciting news :(

I didn't read all the thread, but where can I watch the vanafest stream that will work in the UK, and also what time will it be for me? Damn late I bet :( And when is it? Today or tomorrow?
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-06-22 13:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Calnus said: »
I'd look it up but i have a migraine >_< what time does vanafest coverage start tomorrow in EST time zone if possible pls >_<

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/event/vanafest2012/

I think this is the page with info on it, I'm rather horrible at converting timezones and thinking right now :(
I made the conversion here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31258/vanafest-2012-celebrating-a-decade-of-ffxi/

North America (West Coast)
June 22, 2012: 5:30pm ~ 1:00am (PDT)
June 23, 2012: 5:30pm ~ 12:00am (PDT)

North America (East Coast)
June 22, 2012: 8:30pm ~ 4:00am (EDT)
June 23, 2012: 8:30pm ~ 3:00am (EDT)

London
June 23, 2012: 1:30am ~ 9:00am
June 24, 2012: 1:30am ~ 8:00am
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-06-22 13:50:00
Link | Citer | R

i dunno where you can stream it tho
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-22 13:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Only became useful again after Embrava. It as exceptionally useful until Abyssea dropped.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 13:53:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Spira said: »
RoZ technically added 3 only.
SMN was released as an original advanced job at the same time. You don't need RoZ to unlock SMN, but you do for the other 3 jobs, and the same is true for all other expansion jobs.
I'd still consider SMN a ROZ job, because all the ROZ server data went live when it was added. So while you didn't need ROZ to unlock it, it was still part of that release.

It would be like saying Perle isn't Abyssea gear because you can buy it off the AH without Abyssea, despite the fact it clearly comes from Abyssea.

Plus the numbers line up so well when you do:
6 Basic jobs
5 Advanced jobs
4 Zilart jobs
3 Treasures jobs
2 Wings jobs
1 ??????
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 13:54:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Revelation said: »

Nearly positive it was stated somewhere that Vana'diel is a flat world
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9