VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 54 55 56
 Siren.Mithradee
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Mithradee
By Siren.Mithradee 2012-07-31 14:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Meant to throw in mule won one of them. Just not sure which. Different accounts but put dee down to receive both.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2012-07-31 14:43:49
Link | Citer | R

Josiahfk Protest. Find whoever pick those winners 75% = mules.. I want my damn scythe.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 14:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitsukun said: »
You can do that if you have multiple SE accounts, but if every one of your characters is attached to the same SE account, you have one entry, and that was it. Sucks for those of us that attached our POL IDs when SE accounts first came out, but CG to those that waited.
The ridiculous part is that my "mule" account hadn't been paid for well over a year, perhaps well over 2 years.

I just thought "hey, I'll link it to an SE account and get 2 entries" and that's what I did.

What I'm nearly sure is the legal problem of all previous bonanzas is that they are sweepstakes where purchase is necessary to enter, which within the US, is expressly forbidden of any sweepstakes. Thus they couldn't and didn't say "it has to be a paying FFXI account" because that would have been illegal.
 Bismarck.Renasci
Serveur: Bismarck
user: syllreve
By Bismarck.Renasci 2012-07-31 14:45:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
I wish people would quit saying a relic takes a month. it's such BS. I could see 2-3 months if you are hardcore 18 hour-a-day gamer. for us casuals that live in reality, it's a year. don't get me wrong, this guy should've picked mythic anything, for obvious reasons, but it's really getting stupid how people think you can make a relic over the weekend, it's just not accurate. so if this guy has 2-4 hours a day to play, homeboy just saved himself a years worth of work, not that he shouldn't have saved himself 4-5 years of work, & got a mythic, but I makes my points.
If he has 2-4 hours a day to play he could have finished in 2 months or less just by running Dyna once a day. Idk where you're getting a year from

I would replace the term "casual" with either "stupid" or "lazy". The implication that all gamers who can accomplish something are virgin male neckbeard basement dwellers should have become extinct a decade ago.

Also, if someone is a "casual" gamer, why are you playing an MMO? The term "casual" gamer is at BEST an excuse used repetitiously to explain why some people can't get anything done in a game originally designed to target young teens.

"Casual" is better defined by play time, than by intelligence or drive. Some people (myself included) simply do not have the time available to commit as many hours we'd like to XI. The carrier doesn't care if I have a static; the boat leaves when it leaves and I damn well better be on it >.>;

Also, MMOs are cheap entertainment, that don't require hiring a babysitter. That's reason enough for me to continue playing.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 14:49:33
Link | Citer | R

sort of does piss me off that there's people gloating about how 2~3 of their accounts won when there's those of us that got nothing. But whatever, flawed system is flawed.
[+]
By Chrisstreb 2012-07-31 14:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Vijara said: »
Sylph.Chrisstreb said: »
Greatest Meme ever from Futurama

How the heck could I miss Zoidberg...
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 14:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
sort of does piss me off that there's people gloating about how 2~3 of their accounts won when there's those of us that got nothing. But whatever, flawed system is flawed.
I'd say making 9 mules and being able to create every 2 digit number from 00 to 99 and get yourself a Valhalla Helm to be equally flawed, but that was a very long time ago, and soon this will be too.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 15:00:44
Link | Citer | R

At least there they weren't *** over other people from doing the same thing since prizes weren't limited
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-31 15:03:26
Link | Citer | R

If you think about it, this way is even less flawed - if even flawed at all. Each additional chance (or set of chances, for the marbles) for this contest costs at least 12.95/month, while for marbles, it was $1/month.

But isn't the idea just the same as "one lottery ticket costs $1, two lottery tickets cost $2?"

And when does "not winning a contest" = "getting *** over?"
Edit: nvm, answer is "when I don't win" apparently.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 15:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Right, it was just how much you were willing to pay to win.

If you don't see the problem in that, I have nothing more to say.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-31 15:06:20
Link | Citer | R

I really don't see what's wrong with that. We're not talking about access to drinking water or being able to answer the charges against you... these are contests.

If I perform twice as much work as someone else, should I not get paid twice as much?

If I pay twice as much for a watch as another person, shouldn't my watch be nicer?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 15:06:43
Link | Citer | R

If that's how you want to interpret it be my guest, I'm not going to argue about it. Fact of the matter is it should have been regulated differently so that people had a more equal chance at success rather than *** Mc401k being able to fire up 5 accounts and win 4 times.

Comparing an event that had unlimited prizes to one with a far, far, far more limited prize pool and saying that the one with a more limited pool is somehow more fair/less broken is silly.
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-07-31 15:08:16
Link | Citer | R

I would assume it is when you get beat by people are gloating their alt characters are the ones winning as well (or in some peoples cases only wins)
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 15:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Hard to qualify something on the condition of being broken. I simply regard them equally since I can't substantiate what between them would make one more or less broken than the other.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2012-07-31 15:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Honestly if they had enough forethought to put their 2boxes on different SE accounts, they deserve the second chance.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-07-31 15:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Renasci said: »
"Casual" is better defined by play time, than by intelligence or drive. Some people (myself included) simply do not have the time available to commit as many hours we'd like to XI. The carrier doesn't care if I have a static; the boat leaves when it leaves and I damn well better be on it >.>;

Look up casual games and the (lack of) complexity of their game design and control schemes, let me know how "casual" doesn't equate to intelligence level required to play the game.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 15:11:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Hard to qualify something on the condition of being broken. I simply regard them equally since I can't substantiate what between them would make one more or less broken than the other.

I dunno, my point being, mog bonanzas gave you a 100% shot at something if you really wanted to spend $100 on a Valhalla helm. Anyone could do that equally, there was no luck involved at that point, and the people getting the Valhalla helms weren't removing potential prizes from a collective pool.

In this case, people with several accounts were removing potential prizes from the pool, and people who can't or don't want to pay $100 to activate multiple accounts were ***out of luck.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-31 15:12:08
Link | Citer | R

Which I'm guessing is why it was based on SE accounts and not individual characters.

also

"Like what?"

1 account with one name on a credit card. Another with my wife's name. Another with the name of the dude I bought the account from. Another paid with Crysta using a fake name.

But "not gonna argue" is right. People are going to *** about everything that SE does no matter what, so I don't know why I'm here. SE could say, "we're mailing everyone $100 checks, yayaya!" and instantly the forums would be filled with "but I moved" "I am homeless" "I don't have a bank account to cash it"
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-31 15:13:37
Link | Citer | R

You're entirely missing the point. I can only assume you're one of the people who had several entries or something, and you don't like being ostracized (by one person, mind you).

If you don't see how entering the contest multiple times, then gloating about how you won 4 prizes next to people who won 0 isn't cool, then idk what to tell you.
[+]
By Unexpekted 2012-07-31 15:17:17
Link | Citer | R

Where do you enter stuff like this? SE site or Playonline?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-31 15:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Renasci said: »
"Casual" is better defined by play time, than by intelligence or drive. Some people (myself included) simply do not have the time available to commit as many hours we'd like to XI. The carrier doesn't care if I have a static; the boat leaves when it leaves and I damn well better be on it >.>; Also, MMOs are cheap entertainment, that don't require hiring a babysitter. That's reason enough for me to continue playing.

I pretty much agree aside from semantics. My frustration with the comment was that even the "most casual" player should be able to finish a relic in under a year. It's just cliche enough to say "Only people who have no life can do xyz". I've seen the same thing applied to (at one time or another): ground kings, maat's cap (lol), salvage, dynamis, finishing cop, having any and all applicable subjobs, owning a PCA, making an empyrean (off the top of my head. Basically "casual" player SHOULD refer to someones time alloted to play, but sadly pissing and moaning has turned it into "insert excuse for not being able to accomplish trivial task here".

That's like someone saying "I can't figure out 15% tip because i am a casual mathmatician". "You can parralell park? OMFG you must have no life outside of driving." If I spent all the time I've been in dynamis on learning an instrument, I'd still sound worse than a kid in elementary school... That doesn't mean anyone who can play one SPENDS 9000 HOURS A DAY doing it. It just means I suck at the guitar lol. At least I can admit it without projecting my shortcomings on someone else.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 15:20:26
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth, I felt as bad as when I entered twice as I do now, and I wish I could give someone else one of my scythes. I can't. Instead, I will keep it as testament to the retardedness of SE, one in a myriad of likewise prized possessions.

Edit: Finally, the non-rare nature of both the orbs and the weapons indicate (and on behalf of at least the orbs, this aspect was expressly altered by SE of its original RA/EX attribute) to me that these all will be obtainable to everyone by some means in the coming future. All you have to do is wait for it and keep paying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-07-31 15:40:32
Link | Citer | R

Quick question im sure no one will no the answer to but i was rrecently hacked and my account is going through a roll back.. Now lets say i won a rank 2 prize (highly unlikely),, and then the roll back goes through would the items be taken from my D box???? O.o any thoughts or suggestions appreciated
By Avitori 2012-07-31 15:43:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Acey said: »
Quick question im sure no one will no the answer to but i was rrecently hacked and my account is going through a roll back.. Now lets say i won a rank 2 prize (highly unlikely),, and then the roll back goes through would the items be taken from my D box???? O.o any thoughts or suggestions appreciated

You were hacked and you're worried about winning the lottery? You should think about that one, but no one could give you an answer regardless, except SE maybe.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-07-31 15:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Avitori said: »
You were hacked and you're worried about winning the lottery? You should think about that one, but no one could give you an answer regardless, except SE maybe.

I tried asking SE when i called even they said they had no clue and im not worried because i got hacked they said i would have everything returned when they are finished ina few days xD :D!!!!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-31 15:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Avitori said: »

I tried asking SE when i called even they said they had no clue and im not worried because i got hacked they said i would have everything returned when they are finished ina few days xD :D!!!!
Do you have another character you can try to dbox yourself something? I imagine characters in limbo are placed on hold for deliveries, which means in all likelihood even if you did win, you will not get your prizes; however, if you can successfully dbox your character something and you don't get an error, this might be a sign of hope.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-07-31 15:58:25
Link | Citer | R

actually i do thank you for the idea kong :D greatly appreciate it :D
 Phoenix.Dinah
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-07-31 16:04:29
Link | Citer | R

I could be wrong...but on Martinius's player page it shows that he had a Yoichi the last time he was scanned...4 months ago. So it's fake right?

*I apologize if I missed this being pointed out, but have a crappy work computer that doesn't show all the posts sometimes.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-31 16:06:42
Link | Citer | R

There's also Guildwork.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 16:07:06
Link | Citer | R