VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 54 55 56
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-19 23:28:06
Link | Citer | R

2 years ago 80m for a KC would have been fine, VW didnt exist and synergy was still in its infancy. Dynamis hadn't been adjusted yet so relics were still far off for most people, and mythics pretty much remained the same dream. Everything was R/E abyssea stuff, there was literally nothing to buy, so why not buy a KC.

Nowadays we have VW gear, synergized gear, currency, marrows, HMP, abjs, a shitload to spend gil on, so no reason to overpay for a barely useful weapon.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-06-20 01:35:17
Link | Citer | R

It's still the best off-hand TP weapon for WHM, the best TP weapon for RNG in situations where accuracy is not a problem, and the best offhand weapon for doing 1h relic trials.

If Gil were difficult to make, I'd see a point, but honestly the only thing it's "restricting" is progress in a mythic and given how much Gil those take, the price of a Kraken Club is quite honestly pretty negligible.

It's also one of the best novelty items in the game. I like shiny.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-06-20 02:28:31
Link | Citer | R

I don't think you really need to justify why you bought it at that price. Things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Glad you enjoy your item.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: sunpride
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-20 03:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Saw someone shouting two days ago for KC for 80m... I hoped it was a troll but I bet people really pay that lol.

ITT: Gil has a use. I paid about that for mine. What should I be buying instead?

Buy whatever you want ? There are plenty of things you can do with that gil though that doesn't involve a barely useful club.

People get offended because you wouldn't pay a high amount for something. Not sure why though.

Buyers remorse.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Instigating Troll.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-06-20 07:44:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure who can't ignore who: sixteen hours or something after that last post, and you're back, calling people names. I don't really know either of you at all, but if I had to pick between "let's move on" and "Still can't ignore me, eh" I'm probably going to go with moving on.

This is supposed to be a thread about how unfair an in game contest is to various people in whatever situation, and why SE sucks in general.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-20 08:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I'm still talking about it but let's move on.

One day I will have a green bar, it is my dream.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-06-20 08:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ambivalent said: »
Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I'm still talking about it but let's move on.

One day I will have a green bar, it is my dream.

No, see, you missed the part where A. I didn't actually try to rerail a thread, and B. I never said chill. I don't actually care - whining about SE, the future of the game, how unfair something is, or whatever is just as meaningless to me as whether or not someone wants to feel important.

Same idea here: the plan was to provoke Keriam some more, then maybe Narb would say something else. Yay drama. But I don't really care if Keriam gets snarky or if you do. It's all good.

So chill, alright?

edit: which doesn't make sense, just had to put it in somehow. Nothing but happy face fun time around here. :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ambivalent
By Carbuncle.Ambivalent 2012-06-20 08:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Could you explain in more depth please?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-20 08:37:31
Link | Citer | R

Posted it in the other thread, but it also involves this one so... double post I guess.

06-19-2012 12:43 AM
[source]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Quote:
Ok so EU and NA get 1 Golden Gobbiebag I winner total. Japan gets 1 Golden Gobbiebag I winner in and of itself? I guess by SE reasoning that's fair. I guess you're going by total user population per region or something.
The Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway is the alternative event for NA and EU users that are unable to participate in the Nomad Mog Bonanza. There isn't a Japanese version of the GGG, as they have the Nomad Mog Bonanza.

Quote:
Why is the new Heroine's Battle access being so limited? I know I'll never win a R/M/E or pulse armor and I couldn't care less about ark weapons or that godawful moogle suit, but I would very much like to be able to do the new fight. At least with the old Mog Bonanza one could guarantee themselves a Rank 5 prize by choosing their numbers properly while more than likely sacrificing a chance at higher tier prizes. Now, there's a good chance most of us will never see the inside of the new battlefield if this is the sole means of orb distribution. That's kinda screwed up.
Our goal is to give the orb out to as many players as possible in the future, and this giveaway is only the beginning of that. As for the "guaranteed rank 5 prize", as I said in a previous reply, this isn't a replacement for Mog Bonanza, and does not function the same way (users can purchase marbles with different digits to try and guarantee a rank 5 prize). In the future, we'll be evaluating how to give away the fun things that have been included in Bonanzas throughout the years (statues, event battlefields, etc.)

Quote:
I know I'm just shouting into the wind as far as the devs go and will probably be told in various ways to stop whining by my fellow posters, but it would be nice if we could all get Athena Orbs.
You're not shouting in the wind - we're here. Hopefully my explanation above can give some insight into the thought process, but like I said, we'll be continuing to look for ways to get content like the Heroines' Holdfast out to many players.
Subscribe
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-20 08:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Screw the orb, where's my ark scythe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-20 08:58:36
Link | Citer | R

06-20-2012 12:33 AM
[source1] [source2]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Quote:
Tier one and two silly odds aside, kinda sad you can't be sure to win at least one lowest tier item like in the mog bonanza. :/ I guess everyone getting a cosmetic weapon is too game breaking.
Just to be clear, this isn't a replacement for the Mog Bonanza in-game event. The Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway is the NA/EU alternative event to the Nomad Mog Bonanza being held for Japanese players. Just like the Nomad Mog Bonanza, it's one entry per person, and not the Mog Bonanza style of "buy 10 marbles and cover all your bases in the digits" event.

As we said previously, there will not be any more Mog Bonanzas held in the future. Going forward, we'll be deciding how to go about distributing the fun prizes that were included in the lowest tier (things like statues, battlefield orbs, etc.).

Quote:
On top of JP getting an actual mog bonanza of which I don't really mind, probably the statistical chances of winning each tier are about the same, but I would have preferred to have a bonanza myself. The NA/EU tier 1 can get you a chance at a 90 relic/mythic/emp. WHILE the JP bonanza tier 1 gives a chance at a 99 afterglow ver of a relic/mythic/emp.... Not that I would win either or but come on SE............
The reason for the differences in the tier one prizes is due to the fact the Nomad Mog Bonanza functions just like previous Nomad Mog Bonanza event, in that you are allowed one entry and must choose your numbers. The chances of winning a tier one prize in the Nomad Mog Bonanza are quite low, as you must get every single digit correct. However, in the Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway, there is going to be a guaranteed tier one winner. Due to this, we selected the prize level accordingly. Hopefully this clears up the reasoning behind the differences in tier one prizes.
Subscribe
 Phoenix.Esaias
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2012-06-20 09:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Like I said answer is ....

Balance!
[+]
 Leviathan.Pixter
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Pixter
By Leviathan.Pixter 2012-06-20 09:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
06-20-2012 12:33 AM
[source1] [source2]
Bayohne
Community Rep

Quote:
Tier one and two silly odds aside, kinda sad you can't be sure to win at least one lowest tier item like in the mog bonanza. :/ I guess everyone getting a cosmetic weapon is too game breaking.
Just to be clear, this isn't a replacement for the Mog Bonanza in-game event. The Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway is the NA/EU alternative event to the Nomad Mog Bonanza being held for Japanese players. Just like the Nomad Mog Bonanza, it's one entry per person, and not the Mog Bonanza style of "buy 10 marbles and cover all your bases in the digits" event.

As we said previously, there will not be any more Mog Bonanzas held in the future. Going forward, we'll be deciding how to go about distributing the fun prizes that were included in the lowest tier (things like statues, battlefield orbs, etc.).

Quote:
On top of JP getting an actual mog bonanza of which I don't really mind, probably the statistical chances of winning each tier are about the same, but I would have preferred to have a bonanza myself. The NA/EU tier 1 can get you a chance at a 90 relic/mythic/emp. WHILE the JP bonanza tier 1 gives a chance at a 99 afterglow ver of a relic/mythic/emp.... Not that I would win either or but come on SE............
The reason for the differences in the tier one prizes is due to the fact the Nomad Mog Bonanza functions just like previous Nomad Mog Bonanza event, in that you are allowed one entry and must choose your numbers. The chances of winning a tier one prize in the Nomad Mog Bonanza are quite low, as you must get every single digit correct. However, in the Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway, there is going to be a guaranteed tier one winner. Due to this, we selected the prize level accordingly. Hopefully this clears up the reasoning behind the differences in tier one prizes.
Subscribe

Was there a time where we didnt get a tier 1 winner over the years? I think there was always one, so for me this one is just a cheap excuse -.- srsly
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-20 14:06:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pixter said: »
Was there a time where we didnt get a tier 1 winner over the years? I think there was always one, so for me this one is just a cheap excuse -.- srsly
Mog Bonanza is not the same as Nomad Mog Bonanza, two different contests.

Only had Nomad once before where you only picked 1 set up numbers, I didn't hear of anyone winning rank 1 either.
VIP
By alyria 2012-06-20 18:15:45
Link | Citer | R

*blinks*
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-20 18:22:52
Link | Citer | R

If you do win rank 1. Mythic onry choice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2012-06-20 18:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Novadragon said: »
If you do win rank 1. Mythic onry choice.
Everyone knows the person who wins will pick empy BST axe or something.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-24 03:25:23
Link | Citer | R

Bumping this, as the post-Vanafest surveys will go live tomorrow (Monday, 25-JUN-12) as per Kalilla's OP.

I'm sure with the power of teh internetz (i.e. wikis and game community forums) on our side, the "Gobbie Question" (or questions, if they are randomly assigned) cannot be too difficult...but just in case, maybe we can all collaborate on the answers. :p
 Unicorn.Sanyon
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sanyon
By Unicorn.Sanyon 2012-06-25 15:02:35
Link | Citer | R

They edited the post on the official forums, this is taking place from
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 to Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 11:59pm (PDT) (NA) and
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 to Wednesday, July 4, 2012 at 7:59am (GMT) (EU) now.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-25 15:03:33
Link | Citer | R

ty for the info Sanyon :) I'll update the OP
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-25 15:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Bumping this, as the post-Vanafest surveys will go live tomorrow (Monday, 25-JUN-12) as per Kalilla's OP.

I'm sure with the power of teh internetz (i.e. wikis and game community forums) on our side, the "Gobbie Question" (or questions, if they are randomly assigned) cannot be too difficult...but just in case, maybe we can all collaborate on the answers. :p
I'm sure people will post the answers to the question(s), shouldn't have to worry about that.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-25 15:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Hm, looking at the rewards again I'm sort of confused.

TI - Ok this one makes sense, obligatory relic category. Could do without useless ***like KC, but no one's picking that anyway.

TII - This one's weird. Neo Nyzul gear, Aura weapons, Marrow, Scoria, and scrolls? Don't know anyone who'd choose a scroll over the marrows. Nyzul gear maybe, but even that... why would you when you can buy whatever piece of nyzul gear you want with the gil you'd get from marrows... it gets even more confusing when...

TIII - ...you can get a piece of +1 abjuration gear + an augment item by winning the "inferior" prize. Wat? Am I the only one who thinks that the Nyzul gear and abjuration stuff should have been in opposite reward categories? The glow bodies and stuff are pretty ***so no one gives a *** about those, but the abjuration gear is decidedly rarer than Nyzul gear...
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-25 15:16:55
Link | Citer | R

I am going to win a Mythic.
 Fenrir.Mariane
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-06-25 15:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Good luck for all participating. I earned nothing from nomad bonanza ... lol
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-25 15:19:00
Link | Citer | R

Also why isn't there a 1500 heavy Metal Plate option. :c
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-25 15:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Fenrir.Schutz said: »

I'm sure people will post the answers to the question(s), shouldn't have to worry about that.

Ah, er...thanks for the reassurance I guess? Was just a suggestion LOL.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Also why isn't there a 1500 heavy Metal Plate option. :c

I would think they are concerned about people selling them off should they win? Dumping in the majority of prizes as R/E items avoids that sort of thing, in their minds, perhaps.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-25 15:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Same will happen with Scoria and Marrows.
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-06-25 15:23:56
Link | Citer | R

Ah well, no clue as to that notion, then. The only thing I can imagine would be the relative values of each item at the current market rate (if liquidated--1500 HMP vs. 5 Marrow vs. 3 Scoria.)
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 54 55 56