VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 54 55 56
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-27 21:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Drgg said: »
They're not "Forcing" you to pay for another month of anything. And honestly, if the only reason you resubbed to XI was for this, then you really need to rework your priorities.
Entering for a chance at winning a mythic while you're on a break is so wrong... shame on them!
[+]
 Odin.Drgg
Serveur: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-07-27 21:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
They're not "Forcing" you to pay for another month of anything. And honestly, if the only reason you resubbed to XI was for this, then you really need to rework your priorities.
Entering for a chance at winning a mythic while you're on a break is so wrong... shame on them!
Shame indeed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Elistriell
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elistriell 2012-07-27 21:32:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Korialstrasz said: »
Cerberus.Elistriell said: »
Bismarck.Sorra said: »
This is just mind boggling. What is the honest excuse for taking so long? One click of a button, and it sends the items to us. Don't want to make it by delivery box? That's cool, just use the moogles that have no real purpose sitting around starter cities. I just want my loot already. It's seriously back-handed, yet brilliant on their part to force another month's payment out of people just to collect their prizes.

SE said they were testing the Athena Orb today. And since that is part of the prize bag, it makes sense that they haven't distributed them yet.

Why people are getting so bent out of shape is beyond me. It's only a game.
Only a game that we're paying for, yes.

I'm payin for it too, but yet I've managed to not get my panties in a bunch. It'll happen, when it happens.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-27 21:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Not even the mythic, forgoing a scythe that's all jobs, when you know you're going to play again is silly. There's not much game content atm and I've been subscribing off and on only getting on when friends really wanna do something. But I remember not having that stupid pitchfork and kicking myself in the butt for not getting it every month till last October.
By Ophannus 2012-07-27 21:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Not sure why people assume SE owes us anything. These prizes are gifts. We didn't pay anything to enter, there was no fee. It was a 100% chance easy question to answer which took 2 seconds of your time. People getting mad at not receiving something free as if they deserve it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Emmm
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Emmm
By Leviathan.Emmm 2012-07-27 21:46:58
Link | Citer | R

Free? lol
These aren't free - - this is part of what they are offering with your membership subscription.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-07-27 22:02:16
Link | Citer | R

It's free because the giveaway is a bonus. They could have not given us one at all, they get nothing out of it. At least the JP bonanza was profitable to them because they charged an actual fee. They're doing this for other regions as a courtesy.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-07-27 22:16:09
Link | Citer | R

actually they didnt have to do this in the first place. the only reason people are eligible to enter is the fact that you are a subscriber to their GAME. if you would put more effort into actually doing things than expecting everything handed to you, you might feel what is known as a sense of accomplishment,?not a sense of entitlement. Mom! I Want my chocolate chicken potpie! NAOW!!! be grateful if you are fortunate. after all, it is a lottery. with that being said, if youre only hanging around thinking you have a RIGHT to these GIFTS, the game will probaby be better off without you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-27 22:21:55
Link | Citer | R

Summary of this thread:
[+]
By Zackan 2012-07-27 23:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said: »

Not even the mythic, forgoing a scythe that's all jobs, when you know you're going to play again is silly. There's not much game content atm and I've been subscribing off and on only getting on when friends really wanna do something. But I remember not having that stupid pitchfork and kicking myself in the butt for not getting it every month till last October.

the bold part.. huge lie
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-27 23:23:46
Link | Citer | R

Zackan said: »

the bold part.. huge lie

First that's my opinion, there's not enough content in this game atm to keep me entertained enough to maintain a subscription. I've been playing this game since NA launch and am not really interested in doing the same things I was doing at 75 so these updates to nyzul, salvage, and dynamis aren't really appealing. I do enjoy a bit of voidwatch but it's hard to get the 18 man group whenever you want to go and I clear most new VW content within a few weeks.

The main content that is missing, and what I enjoyed most, was leveling. Leveling in this game is laughably boring. I use to plan what gear I was going to get, merit some skills before leveling up and then join some people for a bit of fun and grinding. As it stands leveling is a day long event to go from 30-99 and you're likely to be in an alliance that is 2/3rds afk. There is 0 demand for low level gear and it's a shame what abyssea has done to the game in that respect.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2012-07-27 23:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Really? Because I thought they were! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

The comment was to the "it's only a game", not the fact that they're being slow with distributing prizes.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-27 23:35:26
Link | Citer | R

the bold part.. huge lie

First that's my opinion, there's not enough content in this game atm to keep me entertained enough to maintain a subscription. I've been playing this game since NA launch and am not really interested in doing the same things I was doing at 75 so these updates to nyzul, salvage, and dynamis aren't really appealing. I do enjoy a bit of voidwatch but it's hard to get the 18 man group whenever you want to go and I clear most new VW content within a few weeks.

The main content that is missing, and what I enjoyed most, was leveling. Leveling in this game is laughably boring. I use to plan what gear I was going to get, merit some skills before leveling up and then join some people for a bit of fun and grinding. As it stands leveling is a day long event to go from 30-99 and you're likely to be in an alliance that is 2/3rds afk. There is 0 demand for low level gear and it's a shame what abyssea has done to the game in that respect.
I miss this the most. Only problem is I almost never sold the gear I purchased, and stuffed it somewhere ; ;
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2012-07-27 23:40:10
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
It's free because the giveaway is a bonus. They could have not given us one at all, they get nothing out of it. At least the JP bonanza was profitable to them because they charged an actual fee. They're doing this for other regions as a courtesy.

Sure they get something out of it. Look at all the people claiming to have resubscribed specifically to take part in the contest. Beyond them there could be people that put off cancelling to see if they might win something good. They do these things for customer retention, obviously.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-07-28 01:28:18
Link | Citer | R

the bold part.. huge lie

I miss this the most. Only problem is I almost never sold the gear I purchased, and stuffed it somewhere ; ;

Going out of the way to get some neat r/ex gear was always my favorite. I'd hoard things like nardrs and those lvl 50 jse just to use on the off chance I might level a job. All that gear is on a mule now because I couldn't part with it, but the mule isn't active because I'll probably never need that stuff.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-07-28 18:33:27
Link | Citer | R

..so.. who else is wanting that VW body more than anything right now..?

0/365 on Anhur and rising.. and SE will do something not nice to my face -.-

Edit: man I remember when I dinged 75 for the first time... that right there is an accomplishment I miss D:
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-28 18:39:58
Link | Citer | R

Be sure to notify me when your opinion on my financial expenditures means anything to me.

$13 for a 1 in 584730354 shot at a mythic was fine by me, particularly since there were loose ends that I had to tie up. I mostly did it for the much more reasonable chance at a scythe, however, as that isn't something that can be guaranteed as readily available and is actually pretty useful.

What I did not realize, however, was that "prizes will be distributed in the month of July" meant July 30th, or actually meant "the month of August".
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-28 18:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Long story short; SE couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery :/
[+]
By Avitori 2012-07-28 18:47:45
Link | Citer | R

So when am I getting my free mythic? Hurry it up SE!
 Cerberus.Thore
user: thore147
By Cerberus.Thore 2012-07-28 19:33:51
Link | Citer | R

Maybe no one won, and they can't find anyone to deliver the news?
By Otomis 2012-07-28 19:45:05
Link | Citer | R

I have not seen anyone I know get anything, I have only seen some JP players with scythe.
By Quiznor 2012-07-28 22:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Otomis said: »
I have not seen anyone I know get anything, I have only seen some JP players with scythe.

Thats because the prizes arent out yet for the US/EU draws.

Its only been said over 9000 times
By Zackan 2012-07-28 22:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
Otomis said: »
over 9000
 Bahamut.Kaisuko
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kaisuko
By Bahamut.Kaisuko 2012-07-28 22:14:45
Link | Citer | R

If I server hopped before the drawing would I be disqualified from it?
Seeing as when we filled out the application we had to put our server and name, and I'm now on a different server with a different name.
 Fenrir.Duvelamilla
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Duvelamilla 2012-07-28 22:16:13
Link | Citer | R

I would say yes your prolly sol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-28 22:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kaisuko said: »
Seeing as when we filled out the application we had to put our server and name, and I'm now on a different server with a different name.
Yea :\ They are going to look at the server and character you entered and will probably not waste their time looking up where you are now.
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2012-07-28 22:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Brb making a mule with Kaisuko's old name on his previous server,lol.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-28 22:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Legendarycloud said: »
Brb making a mule with Kaisuko's old name on his previous server,lol.
You have to have a matching POL ID as well, so that won't work.
By Quiznor 2012-07-28 22:25:54
Link | Citer | R

Someone didnt read the T&C when signing up!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-07-28 22:25:54
Link | Citer | R

I specifically remember them saying that you would be disqualifed.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 54 55 56