VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
VanaFest Golden Gobbiebag Giveaway!
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 54 55 56
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-07-19 12:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
digiEndLS said: »
I wonder what the jp community said about this, damn jealous.

JP generally aren't as nit-picky about others gear as we are. I'm sure people wish it was them that won but they aren't going around posting it on forums saying stuff about the other gear they're wearing and how it would have went better on someone else. This website reminds me of what people used to think about Alla and KI in the old days. Now BG is this way too though so it's generally accepted in the new FFXI community.

I personally don't know, and I'm sure most of the people here don't but that BST could have been very new to the game and hasn't caught on how to make gil or play BST very well yet. Should just be happy for them and go on about our business but not something we do very well :)

INB4 my WHM mule wins Rank 1 and I get trolled to hell and back too!!! :D
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-19 12:43:51
Link | Citer | R

that looks like a fishing mule that accidentially won first prize.. he didnt even have the merit ws quest started until probably after he won that thing probably didnt even have the 95cap fight done etcetc obvious waste of a mythic
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-07-19 12:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he never quested the Primal Rend ws neither >.>
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-19 13:03:47
Link | Citer | R

*sets down a pitcher of hateraid*
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-19 13:04:29
Link | Citer | R

hurrdurr

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Xenshi 2012-07-19 13:12:07
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going to say anything about the winner cause anyone has a right to enter the contest if they wish and this just goes to prove it's random. I'm more so angry that JP got Mog Bonanza, which was out of SE control to apparently have in North America for somewhat still 100% unclear reasons. It was my understanding that we were getting the Golden Goobiebag to replace the Mog Bonanza though and that only the NA and EU would get it. Not this sort of unfair treatment to certian groups that pay the same amount of money.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-19 13:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Xenshi said: »
It was my understanding that we were getting the Golden Goobiebag to replace the Mog Bonanza though and that only the NA and EU would get it. Not this sort of unfair treatment to certian groups that pay the same amount of money.
Only NA and EU regions did get the gobbie bag. Back read please.

And technically the NA region is paying about 25% less than all other regions because the dollar is so damn worthless.

edit: math
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-07-19 13:26:00
Link | Citer | R

I chose Twashtar.

I figured the there's no chance of me realistically winning, but if I did, the amount of pure rage that would follow the screenshot of a Twashtar in my delivery box next to the Twashtar in my inventory would be worth not having a mythic (as I wouldn't have had one anyway).

People care soo much what winners do with their selection that there isn't a right choice no matter what.

...unless of course you already have the item and can't accept the prize anyway.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2012-07-19 13:28:04
Link | Citer | R

^Trying too hard.
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-07-19 13:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Quote:
If the Mog Bonanza was that segment where Tanaka chose the Numbered Balls then gauging by the crowd reaction there was only a 2nd place winner. Unless I'm mistaken and the bonanza was instead that segment where they pulled those slips of paper towards the end of the 2nd day's live stream. In which case it could have possibly been a unknown number of winners. I'm more inclined to believe it was the numbered balls segment because it had 5th place showcasing 1 digit and 1st place showcasing 5 digits. The 1st digit for 1st place was a 0 so its possible no one won.
From someone who actually watched the whole stream. The first part was for the nomad bonanza, and I guess it makes sense for the prizes to be lv99 with afterglow because the probability that anyone won at all is in the 50% range assuming active FFXI/SE JP accounts total under 100k.

The second part sounds exactly like what I would have expected of the real mog bonanza: they're drawing tickets out of a hat from a pool of people who were there at the event. Their prizes (and how many) are unknown, but I guess at least 1 person got a lv90 stage endgame weapon.

Huzzah.
So basically they found a work around to their original plans of the "vending machine" winners in addition to the normal rank 1 winners of the Mog Bonanza is what you are saying?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-19 13:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Please note that you will lose the right to obtain your prize if any of the following situations occur:

• The character name or world name was incorrect at time of application.

• The character receiving the prize was deleted.

• You select “Return” for the prize delivered from the MHMU.

• There are over 128 items in your delivery box.

• You already possess the item.

• Though thorough testing has been performed, in the case that you possess multiples of the same rare item, authority to claim the prize will be nulled and the item will be deleted.

Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-07-19 13:36:47
Link | Citer | R

Xenshi said: »
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Quote:
If the Mog Bonanza was that segment where Tanaka chose the Numbered Balls then gauging by the crowd reaction there was only a 2nd place winner. Unless I'm mistaken and the bonanza was instead that segment where they pulled those slips of paper towards the end of the 2nd day's live stream. In which case it could have possibly been a unknown number of winners. I'm more inclined to believe it was the numbered balls segment because it had 5th place showcasing 1 digit and 1st place showcasing 5 digits. The 1st digit for 1st place was a 0 so its possible no one won.
From someone who actually watched the whole stream. The first part was for the nomad bonanza, and I guess it makes sense for the prizes to be lv99 with afterglow because the probability that anyone won at all is in the 50% range assuming active FFXI/SE JP accounts total under 100k.

The second part sounds exactly like what I would have expected of the real mog bonanza: they're drawing tickets out of a hat from a pool of people who were there at the event. Their prizes (and how many) are unknown, but I guess at least 1 person got a lv90 stage endgame weapon.

Huzzah.
So basically they found a work around to their original plans of the "vending machine" winners in addition to the normal rank 1 winners of the Mog Bonanza is what you are saying?
No, relic/mythic/emp weapons were taken out of the vending machines.

The people who attended vanafest on the 24th were put into a real drawing and a number of them got prizes, presumably one of them got a "rank 1" prize which ended up being a lv90 end game weapon.

The JPs who didn't attend got the nomad bonanza where the numbers were chosen live by Tanaka at vanafest (and they only got to pick 1 number per SE account).

NA and EUs got the gobbie bag which statistically speaking has a better probability of winning a rank 1 prize. The rest of the prizes are more or less equal, the main difference being that we have a certainty of x amount of people winning any given prize whereas the JPs have no such certainty.

What happened is the JPs, the ones who were able to attend on the 24th, essentially got a double shot at goodies considering they had the nomad bonanza and the real life drawing at the event.

If you want to claim those handful of people have an unfair advantage, hell I'll just agree with you. Also I don't care.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-19 13:39:17
Link | Citer | R

I want my ark scythe already! Though top prize would be sweet too :P
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-19 13:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tragedie said: »
I chose Twashtar.

I figured the there's no chance of me realistically winning, but if I did, the amount of pure rage that would follow the screenshot of a Twashtar in my delivery box next to the Twashtar in my inventory would be worth not having a mythic (as I wouldn't have had one anyway).

People care soo much what winners do with their selection that there isn't a right choice no matter what.

...unless of course you already have the item and can't accept the prize anyway.
Kalilla highlighted why you're an idiot. Read the rules next time. You essentially threw your chance of winning anything away by picking something you already own. If you win, it will seriously be the ultimate insult to everyone.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-19 13:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I chose Twashtar.

Kalilla highlighted why you're an idiot. Read the rules next time. You essentially threw your chance of winning anything away by picking something you already own. If you win, it will seriously be the ultimate insult to everyone.
That was the point. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2012-07-19 13:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
I don't think we should be limiting the guy's perspective of rewards to bst axes "because he is a bst". It's certainly within the perspective of any rational person to say "Hey, I'd really like to be a great drg, so I'll ask for mythic polearm, even though my dragoon is level 1 and gear-less."

At least the guy had the common sense to pick a mythic I guess.

This is a good point. Getting a free Mythic would probably inspire most people to improve that job if they had mediocre stuff, or maybe the selection was made with the specific intent that it would be part of a plan to work toward getting a great BST. Getting the Mythic is certainly harder than upgrading from Perle armor to higher end gear, so who are you to laugh at someone for doing it in a highly unusual order? I say it's mostly jealousy.

Heck, I recently decided to level my 42RNG solely due to nearing completion on an Armageddon (from my 99COR) - I just figured I might as well take advantage of the weapon. Now in a fairly short time I have good endgame RNG gear, capped merits, and near capped skills. That's just one example of a piece of high end gear motivating someone to improve a job that was lackluster (or not even leveled) before.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-19 14:17:17
Link | Citer | R

all bs aside, let's remember they're awesome for doing this drawing/lottery, they absolutely didn't have to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-19 14:18:47
Link | Citer | R

So much animosity, someone come to sea, pop ix'drk for me
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-19 14:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
So much animosity, someone come to sea, pop ix'drk for me

I would, but I'm @ work & on Siren >.<
 Bismarck.Tragedie
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-07-19 14:21:32
Link | Citer | R

If you win, it will seriously be the ultimate insult to everyone.

That was the point of my post. Why is it so important what I win? What if I chose a mythic, and then quit a week later?

Kalilla highlighted why you're an idiot.

There isn't enough bold to highlight why I'm an idiot. 8)

Anyway, I did read the rules. My curiousity is more along the lines of "would the item be in my inbox and I'd be unable to claim it".
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-07-20 09:23:15
Link | Citer | R

So where do you claim your prize at?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-20 09:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind said: »
So where do you claim your prize at?

they'll deliver when we all praise nippon hard enough!
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-07-20 09:27:40
Link | Citer | R

oh so the prizes havent been destributed yet for NA & EU?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-20 09:28:57
Link | Citer | R

Correct.

I vote we change the name of this thread to "when do we get our stuff" because that's every other post :x
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-20 09:29:58
Link | Citer | R

no sir, our theory at the moment is around the 27th of july, but all SE has confirmed is that they will be delivered in july sometime.

we'll have to wait & see.
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2012-07-20 09:30:26
Link | Citer | R

My girlfriends last name is Tanaka so i'll ask her when we get our stuff.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-20 09:31:07
Link | Citer | R

So when are we getting our stuff? I read the thread carefully and I don't think this was discussed yet!
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-07-20 09:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I chose Twashtar. I figured the there's no chance of me realistically winning, but if I did, the amount of pure rage that would follow the screenshot of a Twashtar in my delivery box next to the Twashtar in my inventory would be worth not having a mythic (as I wouldn't have had one anyway). People care soo much what winners do with their selection that there isn't a right choice no matter what. ...unless of course you already have the item and can't accept the prize anyway.

I picked Toci's for rank 3 and got it as a drop like 3 days later. ._.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 54 55 56