First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 156 157 158
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-03 03:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Best group 1 merits have always been PR and QD recasts, no one really argues that.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-03 06:41:53
Link | Citer | R

OK I didn't realise the norm had shirfted to Phantom roll merits from QD Acc, I initially put the merits in when they first came out and back on Alla's forums when they were bursting with posters it was QD-Acc/DMG - The game has changed a lot since then, I didn't play COR at all during the level cap rises, I stuck to MNK and NIN, COR wasn't a needed job inside of Abyssea. I will do my switching when I am next online thank u sir. Yeah I know about 550 gift issues; I just need one more Double CP campaign and I will be there, it sucks theirs a cap on QD Recast, but then I don't have to make HQ W.Head now so I will see the full benefit of it when I get there.

If SE does lower the the potential QD Delay to 30secs then I have W.Head abj rdy.

I've been saving my JP's up ever since I heaerd about the raise to 15/15, 65JP's to go from 10/10 to 15/15, which category would you do first, the QD Damage to max or the Bust evasion to max.

On a side note I really wish SE would give us a propper combat skill rating for our gun's, I'm really feeling the gap on some of these new NM's - and a category where you can spend a total of 115 Job Points for an additional 15Racc is a kick in the bollocks, that category should of be 1 JP = 2RACC.

Edit - SE has messed with Phantom roll's XI number so much in the last few years, and I had to bring my COR back from the meripo days, and back then PR recast wasn't set in stone, it was debated left right and centre but when I checked my merits and saw I had group 1 setup like I had I thought it looked off.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-03 08:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
which category would you do first, the QD Damage to max or the Bust evasion to max.
Bust evasion is one of the least important things to level. Do QD damage.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 08:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bust evasion is one of the least important things to level.

Unless you're a *** like me who can't stop yourself from repeatedly trying to hit XI, even when it's highly inadvisable.

But we're gamblers, dammit!

Arrr!
By Ramyrez 2015-08-03 08:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Sandmaster said: »
which category would you do first, the QD Damage to max or the Bust evasion to max.

Mine's still sitting at 5/10(15, I guess); did they actually fix that glitch?
 Asura.Suteru
Serveur: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-05 13:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Of course they would put PR duration +20 on a shitty gun.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-05 13:35:19
Link | Citer | R

Alright, as announced earlier I will start researching what I've missed for these couple of months. I will try to get the guide up to date by the end of the week if all goes well.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2015-08-05 13:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
Do rolls with that, then swap in DP and hope the fight lasts less than 8 minutes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-05 13:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Do rolls with that, then swap in DP and hope the fight lasts less than 8 minutes.

I'll just deal with the shorter rolls.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-05 15:34:07
Link | Citer | R

By the way, 550 gift still caps out at 35 seconds.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 08:18:01
Link | Citer | R

Guide should be updated, I've been away for some time so forgive me if I forgot something.

New abj gear has been considered without any augment since we don't know them yet, please report any findings.

Also I need some assitence for the ideal snapshot set, I kinda lost track with all the confusion that went along with that gear.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-06 08:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the updates. It's always great having somewhere to direct people when they come to me with questions of how to gear their corsairs when I really don't feel like being assed. Especially when half the time I'm not 100% sure because I've grown lazy about updating my gear in my dotage.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 16:52:47
Link | Citer | R

*sighs* I forgot that new Escha gear would be augmentable too...well, lemme know any findings about that too <_< this guide will have to be updated a lot in the near future..stupid augments!!
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-06 19:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Path A:

Path B:

Path C:

Path D:
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-06 19:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Pretty nice base damage for a hexagun. WTB way to synergize that with Death Penalty.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-06 19:23:29
Link | Citer | R

Or Doomsday.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-06 19:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Nah, with DP.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-06 20:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Wait, COR isn't on ANY of the Sinister Reign weapons?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-06 20:35:49
Link | Citer | R

SE truly hates us. "Hey, look at this dagger with massive MAB and macc. What jobs use those stats again?" "Uh, WAR, SAM, and DRG, right?" "Brilliant!"
 Phoenix.Faloun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2015-08-07 09:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Wait, COR isn't on ANY of the Sinister Reign weapons?

Yeah, they kinda all have huge MAB/MAcc/Magic Damage, but none for COR... so sad, really... SE hates COR...
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-07 19:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Did they ever add the i119 ammo that they were talking about for us? I feel like they just totally glanced over COR this update. Big disappointment on our unique gifts too.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-08 16:44:37
Link | Citer | R

For the record, the Curio Moogle now sells Orichalcum Pouches for 13k with one of the new Rhapsody KIs!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-08 16:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Hallelujah! Running out of my last ones was my biggest fear at this point!
[+]
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2015-08-09 04:58:13
Link | Citer | R

Re-updated taking into consideration Sinister Reign augments.

Thanks to JP for his SR guide.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-09 11:42:51
Link | Citer | R

I Havn't played since the update but saw the campaigns starting tomorrow and jumping right back in their CP mad.

Two things, I think Doomsday needs to be added with a little detail to the Guide. The gun is a beast, its just a shame WSDMG can be so damn hard to get. I'm having to use STR&AGL+18 (goes up to +20) MAB&MACC+15 (I've heard the cap is actually MAB&MACC+20, I just havn't seen a COR with that yet) and STP+6 as I'm yet to get the wsdmg+ augment. The STP+6 Gives me a 5HIT if I don't use Quick Draw whilst shooting for TP. It would be nice if STP was was calculated at the beginning of the shot like Snapshot, Id have a reason to get AF3+1 legs then.

Secondly the guide says (advise's?) Cor's to do their JP's like this:

Quote:
Racc, Wild Card and Triple Shot are your primary upgrades, with Optimal range, QD, RD and PR duration as secondary. All of these however are something worth having so you can chose to upgrade them in a different order. Recycle is nice, but obviously just a quality of life thing.
Bust evasion is the most useless and with it Cutting Cards because the ja itself is pretty bad.

I have to completely diasagree and I can say why in another post because im a bit busy but talking RACC for example, as a COR, we are getting seriously boned with it. The first 5RACC costs 15JP's, thats nice, but then the next 10RACC cost 105JP's, and the Acc & ATT gifts we get are low. For example, Ranger got the massive gift with their skill in marks for nothing, then by around 280JP's they receive a 10RACC gift and a 15RACC gift so another 25RACC. We get +13RACC in gifts by the 280JP stage. This is ranting about SE I guess atm, I've looked over other jobs acc/att gifts and their is no real patern to their att/acc gifts. I think we get pretty much the lowest in gifts for a DD or Hybrid/DD job.

Also, being an XI *** at times, or definately not stopping on an unlucky roll I cannot see why Bust Evasion @ 15% is not helpful? I'm not sure how and where Bust Evasion kicks in, but simple % math will show rolling on an unlucky IX has a higher chance of success.

(Regarding Racc yeah I'd complete it before half the JP category's but Triple Shot, QD MD, Bust Evasion have been my first priorities).

Anything I've said my only intention is to debate certain aspect of our job. The guide is quite good and it is great you take the time to update it so than you for that, It is good to have somewhere to send people if they need to learn the basics of the job.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-09 12:04:31
Link | Citer | R

What is MD?

Cor suffers in the accuracy department so obtaining those job points is certainly one of the most useful things you can work on. I don't know what gifts even have to do with this, you can't chose them. This is about jp only.
Wild Card depends on the usage, but whenever you do use it the bonus is surely appreciable.

Bust evasion is not so useful, first cause bust only applies to you and nobody else, second cause there are multiple ways to remove it. Simply relatively to other things it is not so paramount.

And I think you talk about Doomsday? Certainly not DP.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-09 12:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I edited it for Doomsday.

The Gifts part was just me being annoyed with SE and the way we fall even further behind when we have completed our JP's to other jobs with similar amounts of JP's etc. The gifts SE give us with one exception is poor in comparison to other jobs.

I'm not sure I understand fully how Bust Evasion works then. I though it would stop me busting if it kicks in say when I roll on an unlucky IX which would increase the odds of getting a one or two with SE down.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-09 12:47:05
Link | Citer | R

Bust evasion simply means that if you bust you don't keep the status "bust". But actual busting, as in rolling over 11 still happens at the same rate.

Unless it's me who interpreted it wrong.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-09 13:12:40
Link | Citer | R

I have 10/15 bust evasion, doesn't actually bust, no penalty, basically a redo on the roll for free.

Edit: Also fun to see people wonder how you can recast phantom roll over and over if you're lucky and bust evasion goes off like 6 times in a row

Should also mention that if you use the timers for windower, you'll notice Phantom Roll recast will be around 15~10 second recast on rolls that will usually result in bust evasion.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-09 14:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm

I had this long post written out about how beneficial bust evasion would be if it gave an invisible re-roll for a chance at not busting, but becasue I have 10/15 in it, I remember now a few times I have busted I have busted but the bust symbol didn't appear. I thought like an idit it had something to do with fold, don't ask me why, but now I'm thinking, well, pretty much knowing its because 10% of the time I bust I won't get a bust symbol and can carry on.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 156 157 158