Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-12-18 05:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:
probably still less work that 119 almace, though.

Well assuming someone already had 99 Almace to begin with, the boulders are stupid cheap, now 30~50K cheap. So 9~15M isn't really that much overall.

I was meaning someone with 85/90 almace or none at all. It's a no-brainer if you already have 99 almace.

Most definitely agree. If someone was only 85/90 prior to SoA then there is zero reason for them to bother going to 99. It's an amazing off hand but there are better things to sink gil / time into then chasing all those Voidwatch drops.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-03 00:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Wee~ Actually would've had this done a while ago, but I was lazy on making a SKC20 run for head chapters and didn't do it 'til today.

[+]
By Ophannus 2014-01-03 00:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Does head have any use? Trying to justify it's space in my inventory :/
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-03 00:47:28
Link | Citer | R

I didn't really look very hard since I'm swimming in Chapter 6 tales and Maliya Orbs since my group did Hume the most when we first started VD AAs, so I figured what the hell. I think it's best for magic accuracy, though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-01-03 02:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Magic accuracy related things.
By amadis 2014-01-30 11:34:34
Link | Citer | R

c'mon BLU's keep this thred going!

I hope we don't loose augments with 119 skirmish gear lol. Pritty proud of my 388 coins solo in dyna, how many is everyone else getting?
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-01-30 11:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Just learned Blistering Roar after... many attempts ^^
Now just Droning Whirlwind and C. verve to get 100% again!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-01-30 11:38:26
Link | Citer | R

I have 4k alexs from soloing ARII on my BLU so far.

Does that count?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-01-30 11:41:56
Link | Citer | R

amadis said: »
Pritty proud of my 388 coins solo in dyna, how many is everyone else getting?
I don't go BLU to Dyna anymore. :x Also jelly of those DA augments. I have them for Otronif and Cizin stuff since the variety of augments is pretty low, but way too many possibilities for Iuitl for me to try to get DA2 on them. x.x
By amadis 2014-01-30 11:47:09
Link | Citer | R

I was 1/10 on hands and then got 2 DA on legs/feet after 26 stones ; ;
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Kentai
Serveur: Siren
user: Kentai713
By Siren.Kentai 2014-03-28 17:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I have 4k alexs from soloing ARII on my BLU so far. Does that count?

If you don't mind, what sub do you use? I've been wanting to try ARII on BLU (it's still lv 90 and I have a long way to go). Do you have any trouble killing the chariot in under 3 mins? I tried this on my RDM/BLU and couldn't do it in time. DRG had no problem but I was dumb enough to stand in front of the final floor boss and got petra'd to death ; ;
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-03-31 16:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Well I learned Droning Whirlwind today in Ceizak WKR! 1/6 on that spell and now I have 100% again. I was worried the bee would be a royal pain for weeks on end but 6 tries ain't too bad. Bummer the spell ain't too great, but since it's an UL spell it's not costing me any points to set anyway =)
Wonder if we someday get spells from the other delve/wkr bosses...
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2014-03-31 16:46:57
Link | Citer | R

I reactivated my character last week...

Mission Accomplished!
(And got my Almace to 119 plus a few AF/Relic reforges)

Siren.Kentai said: »
If you don't mind, what sub do you use? I've been wanting to try ARII on BLU (it's still lv 90 and I have a long way to go). Do you have any trouble killing the chariot in under 3 mins? I tried this on my RDM/BLU and couldn't do it in time. DRG had no problem but I was dumb enough to stand in front of the final floor boss and got petra'd to death ; ;
I was subbing DNC for awhile as a back up for unparalyzing myself from Fulm but really I found they don't unstun long enough from lunges to actually hit me for much dmg. As for chariots, I've never had trouble killing them under 3mins; you'll be fine if you have appropriate ilevel gear.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [249 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Worldslost
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Worldslost 2014-12-05 19:26:39
Link | Citer | R

Helping a friend with ADL, it started as a duo but he got washed before split so I'm counting the win as a solo!
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-05 20:30:47
Link | Citer | R

419 coins on BLU Th3 ;p
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-05 20:31:26
Link | Citer | R

TH3? Are you adding Signet?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-05 20:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Gorney ring!
By Numquam 2014-12-05 20:36:30
Link | Citer | R

I ran out of MP!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-03-31 15:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Just came back to the game after a pretty long time away...when I left it was just days before SoA released or just days after, I don't quite remember. My BLU at the time had all Thaumas, Almace 90, and a buncha other uber gear for the time as I put a lot of time into it. My old character was actually the one that created this thread - Krylon :)

To my point! I decided to make a completely new character and level BLU all over again because I love the job that much. Currently approaching level 50. Will need to start doing the level cap quests and all that good stuff...

I plan to go all the way to 99 without leeching in Abyssea just for fun (or for torture, whichever way you wanna look at it). The addition of trusts almost gives that old school 75-cap-era xp party feel so it is fun in that regard.

I am wondering how much effort I should put into getting decently good gear at 75 for the sake of exp-ing in sweet gear...probably shouldn't bother too much but that is the whole point of this whole nostalgia run I am on. Anyways /blog.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2015-03-31 15:50:54
Link | Citer | R

you will regret the time youve spent not getting 99 really quick tbh. if what youre looking for is just the leveling experience (end game is where final fantasy XI begins, imo), i guess that you should invest some time in the equip(you can get stuff from aby/RoE/ect), but honestly youll get a whole set at 99. if you feel like youll stop playing before you get 99, or dont think youll get there for another reason, i suggest getting to 99 fast, so you can experience the end game, youll be missing out on a completely different experience than you had before at end game, there is no comparison. blu is really good now.
[+]
By Lunafreya 2015-03-31 15:53:41
Link | Citer | R

I am wondering how long it will actually take me....I got to 50 in pretty much 1 week and not even playing every day. If I grind hard for a weekend or two I can probably at least get into the 80s I would assume...

Biggest reason I'm not jumping into Abyssea parties is because I'd have to leave every 5 levels for level cap quests. I start compiling traverser stones as soon as I was able to but I am pretty sure I still don't have too many to play with either >.>
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-06 08:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Latest accomplishments:

Level 70
All AF done
Solo'd all of the spells for Auto Refresh (this + royal cloak + refresh from grounds tomes keeps the MP flowing when soloing :P )
Rank 5 Windurst Missions

Now I am getting ready to fight Maat Raubahn. Totally didn't realize that I wouldn't be doing Maat this time around. Should be fun! I hear Raubahn is a pain in the ***.

Starting fresh + the trust system has breathed a little life into the game...I can see myself getting a little bored soon but there is plentyyyy to do and most of it is accessible thanks to trusts/other adjustments that have been made in recent years.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-04-06 09:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Raubahn is, in my opinion, harder than Maat. Despite being very prepared, I went 1/3 but that was back in the day.

Let us know how it goes.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-07 08:18:36
Link | Citer | R

Well you were right, Raubahn is a bit of a challenge >.>

0/2 so far, saving my last attempt on this testimony for later tonight when I can prep a bit better. I went in with no icarus wing or meds which I probably should have. First attempt he completely wrecked me because I was playing way too conservative. The second attempt I got him down to 25%. Then he Tail Slapped and that was the end of that xD
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-04-07 08:26:28
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, Raubhan is a lot based on luck. Having access to a lot of blue magic, it depends a lot on what he'll cast.

Try old style :

Opo opo necklace + sleep potion
Yag drink + food
now you have access to instant protect and instant shell, can help too.

And from personal experience, bring echo drop...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 08:27:50
Link | Citer | R

if he decides to frost breath you off the bat or use eyes on me too many times during AL you're gonna have a bad time, not a lot you can do about it either
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-07 08:41:58
Link | Citer | R

I read that using Azure Lore was a bad idea because it will prompt him to use it as well - not sure how much truth there is to that.

I will try going in guns blazing with opo-opo neck and icarus wings and Azure Lore and see how that works out for me. Worth head butting him to slow him down or should I just try to get out as much damage as fast as possible?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-08 08:42:18
Link | Citer | R

The struggle is REAL! :(

0/5 now on Raubahn. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or just getting really unlucky. I basically Zephyr Mantle/Metallic Body/Cocoon. Pull with Frightful Roar. Vorpal Blade > Hysteric Barrage for a huge chunk of his HP...usually drops him below 50%. Then my plan was to Frenetic Rip > Head Butt > Bludgeon, and if he is still not dead finish with a Sickle Slash. I never got to that point though...

He's done a Tail Slap into Radiant Breath twice on me now which is pretty much game over.

The other times my spells were doing crap damage for some reason. Hysteric Barrage hit for 500+ but then Frenetic/Bludgeon only hit for about ~100 each.

Bad luck? Idk >.>;

Edit: I doubt it but could it be a gear problem? This is my physical set, empty slots are just because I have inconsequential pieces there like regular AF or a bat cape.

ItemSet 334356

The only other thing that just occurred to me is my skill levels. Blue magic is at 238 and Sword is at 225. Both cap at 251 for level 70.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-08 09:36:11
Link | Citer | R

Both of those skills contribute substantially to your physical spell damage. Cap them asap.
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-04-08 09:37:39
Link | Citer | R

If I remember right, you can start with frost breath to pull him. It can paralyze him, can help ^^:

Also, for sword, Why not Ifrit's blade? :)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23