Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-23 23:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
Why are you torturing yourself on your very first playthrough? At least level some Vigor so you don't get one-shot!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-04-23 23:40:41
Link | Citer | R

lol they added a new npc to be summoned for boss fights in SoTFS. Sellsword Luet. Dude wearing Havel's armor and dual wielding Havel's shields. I thought it was a real person until I looked it up. ._.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-04-24 00:16:58
Link | Citer | R

SpaceAnomaly said: »
Ds2 is full of trolls -.- all these "illusory walls ahead" messages. or my personal favorite with 94 likes: "Tongue but hole"
Offline pure playthrough ftw

No? just me? okay then ._.;
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-04-24 00:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Why are you torturing yourself on your very first playthrough? At least level some Vigor so you don't get one-shot!
that fight was actually been the most fun I've had in game, definitely my favorite boss.

plus this way I got to master everything about the boss, which is my goal really. I'm tired of being lvl 100+ and unkillable with designing pro builds etc.

Also I am curious the full potential dark souls 3 allows a level 1 to become; They've nerfed it's capacity since dark souls 1 for example.
We'll know when lobos begins his NG+7 Fists Only playthrough to test it all out ;O
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-24 00:27:09
Link | Citer | R

that fight was actually been the most fun I've had in game, definitely my favorite boss.

plus this way I got to master everything about the boss, which is my goal really. I'm tired of being lvl 100+ and unkillable with designing pro builds etc.

Also I am curious the full potential dark souls 3 allows a level 1 to become; They've nerfed it's capacity since dark souls 1 for example.
If you plan to play the game only once, then I'd understand.

Even challenge-runners (even grand masters like lobosjr) just finish the game and enjoy it for what it is on their first playthrough, hence why I find purposefully handicapping yourself quite puzzling.

I hope you're at least upgrading your weapons, lol >_>

Kalila said: »

We'll know when lobos begins his NG+7 Fists Only playthrough to test it all out ;O
I'm watching lobosjr's first blind playthrough, I think he blazed through the game in less than 2 days, so I'm sure he has done a challenge run or two by now. I still haven't finished the game (though I believe I'm near the end) so I'm trying to avoid any potential spoilers.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-24 00:47:22
Link | Citer | R

I currently just beat Abyss Watchers on my 3rd playthrough, and in this playthrough I am attempting to never die. I've left online mode on though, and I have been invaded several times hehe. Quite nerve wracking.

I'm not going to start it over if I do die, but the goal is to never die.

level 31 so far

/wipes brow

Also, I could never do what Josi is doing. Far too frustrating to fight the Dancer with nothing, and on top of that I am reallly reallllly terrible at reading her grapple attack in phase 1.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-04-24 00:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
I am reallly reallllly terrible at reading her grapple attack in phase 1.
As you demonstrated to me a few times, lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-24 01:00:23
Link | Citer | R

If you plan to play the game only once, then I'd understand.

Even challenge-runners (even grand masters like lobosjr) just finish the game and enjoy it for what it is on their first playthrough, hence why I find purposefully handicapping yourself quite puzzling.
I got tired of being unkillable pretty much. leveling up so much or designing pro builds people couldnt kill etc so I really relish in "learn to master the game, or gtfo" challenges.

I like keeping the game challenging and if I had a lot of hp, almost every boss so far would be dead in 1-2 tries. no challenge at all etc
I see. Then after you beat DS3, you should attempt a SL1, perma-death run!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-24 02:31:36
Link | Citer | R

From software spent a lot of work to design a perfectly balanced base level that people can play their game on. every spell and weapon tuned for being allowed or not so I like seeing what their perfectly balanced potential wroughts; what they deem fair use in this "hard mode" of gaming etc

Me setting challenges like "play with my feet instead of hands" or "start game over at a death" are not the creator's designs and I consider them artificial.
[+]
By SpaceAnomaly 2016-04-24 03:07:07
Link | Citer | R

Anri and Horace's story is so sad ;-;

The giant who throws stuff at you also has a sad ending...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-24 03:16:34
Link | Citer | R

From software spent a lot of work to design a perfectly balanced base level that people can play their game on. every spell and weapon tuned for being allowed or not so I like seeing what their perfectly balanced potential wroughts; what they deem fair use in this "hard mode" of gaming etc

Me setting challenges like "play with my feet instead of hands" or "start game over at a death" are not the creator's designs and I consider them artificial.
That's why I specifically mentioned Vigor and weapon upgrades. They're the most important growth parameters IMO. END won't matter much if you keep dodging and use a small weapon to sneak hits on boss and still have enough stamina left to evade if you don't recover in time.

Eh, playing with feet is artificial, since you basically have to acquire a whole new skill set and relearn playing the game using that new skill set. Perma-death runs, however, challenges a skill set you already have, so I don't put it in the same category (I still loathe the idea of losing all of my progress and having to start over lol).
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-24 09:52:15
Link | Citer | R

In DS2, these big snake fountain things are the DLC right?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-04-24 10:26:28
Link | Citer | R

Everyone I invade it is 3 on 1 and they heal lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-24 11:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
In DS2, these big snake fountain things are the DLC right?
Yes.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-24 15:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Well, my no death playthrough has had a death. I went against my better judgement and went into the rafters in the cathedral anyway. I was being cautious and sneaky, and backstabbing the Cathedral knights off the ledges via usage of the Slumbering Dragon Ring/good and/or lucky footwork. I was attempting to backstab the 1st Great Sword one off the edge, but the game registered my hold R1 as a press, so I just swung. He turned around and kicked me backwards, but I was at an odd angle due to his turn pushing me a little to the left, and I fell through the gap between the wall/rafter corner.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-04-24 21:28:52
Link | Citer | R

One little mechanic I like about DS3 is the leeches monster. It's weak to fire and somewhat resistant to physical, but you don't need to carry a fire weapon around; one swing with your torch will set them ablaze and stagger then for a good while.

Kinda the same with the giant mutants (the ones in the toxic swamp beneath Lothric castle). They're extremely aggressive and hit very hard, but you can easily stagger them with fire bombs.

Small details like these reward smart play, which is a design I like.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-24 22:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Got to the castle in DS2. Put the old soapstone down and noticed that there seem to be variations of the boss fight. Sometimes we just fight 2 knight-style characters, other times a crazy skeleton/witch lady follows that up.

Is this something that is easy to end up missing out on, like not getting the special cutscene with Sif?
By Ackeron 2016-04-24 22:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Got to the castle in DS2. Put the old soapstone down and noticed that there seem to be variations of the boss fight. Sometimes we just fight 2 knight-style characters, other times a crazy skeleton/witch lady follows that up.

Is this something that is easy to end up missing out on, like not getting the special cutscene with Sif?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-04-25 00:06:15
Link | Citer | R

It's also great for farming souls.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-25 00:20:24
Link | Citer | R

He means by puting your sign down to help people. 15k per kill! or more if NG+

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-25 00:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Isack is a Pyromancer build, which is still really powerful, because the high attunement, faith, and intelligence allow you access to all of the sorceries and miracles as well.

I've only played with him a couple times, but his preferred method of going through the world seems to be parrying attacks with his shield, and then riposting with his flame. If they're still alive, he toasts them. On bosses he sits back and toasts them! He's really toasty. So when he helps someone, he toasts the boss really quick.
By Ackeron 2016-04-25 00:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Isack is a Pyromancer build, which is still really powerful, because the high attunement, faith, and intelligence allow you access to all of the sorceries and miracles as well.

I've only played with him a couple times, but his preferred method of going through the world seems to be parrying attacks with his shield, and then riposting with his flame. If they're still alive, he toasts them. On bosses he sits back and toasts them! He's really toasty. So when he helps someone, he toasts the boss really quick.
I actually never parry >.> Shield is for Oh ***moments and the +10?% Souls.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-04-25 01:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Idk, it's like all you were doing when we went to kill King Oceiros. >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 224 225 226