Link | Citer | R

Best part of the game. :D
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-24 17:54:17
Link | Citer | R

Started doing a h2h playthrough and it's actually pretty damn decent in this game. Powerstance makes caestus pretty beastly.
By Fumiku 2014-03-25 05:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any tips on finding torches? I am out and need some!

Also I found the Bone staff. Was excited to get a new staff..... but, just like DS, DSII doesn't like you to get new shinnies...

Anyone find a better staff than the catalyst?
Serveur: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 06:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Started doing a h2h playthrough and it's actually pretty damn decent in this game. Powerstance makes caestus pretty beastly.

I did my initial melee only playthrough, then dual wielding (clubs) and finishing up Miracles today. Hex or H2H (claws maybe) will be next 2.
Serveur: Balmung
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-25 09:55:14
Link | Citer | R

By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 10:08:03
Link | Citer | R

Sophie Tilgung said: »
 Asura.Kormak
Serveur: Asura
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2014-03-25 10:18:54
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else think that Great Resonant Soul spam during PVP is a bit cheap? With all +8 equipment killed me in 2 hits, first hit stunned and second killed me through a roll. Hit for about 750 damage unblocked.

I then put it on to do some tests and for the price of 1500-2000 souls per person, I have defeated 4/6 invaders (only using that hex). Considering how quickly it can be spammed and that you usually make >2000 souls per invasion it just seems a bit OP.

Anyone else think so?
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 11:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kormak said: »
Anyone else think that Great Resonant Soul spam during PVP is a bit cheap? With all +8 equipment killed me in 2 hits, first hit stunned and second killed me through a roll. Hit for about 750 damage unblocked.

I then put it on to do some tests and for the price of 1500-2000 souls per person, I have defeated 4/6 invaders (only using that hex). Considering how quickly it can be spammed and that you usually make >2000 souls per invasion it just seems a bit OP.

Anyone else think so?

I personally think all magic is a little OP, especially if you and your opponent do the whole bowing before the match thing. It leaves too much of a gap for them to get casts off before you can reach them if you're a melee character. This is all from personal experience at least.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-25 11:15:05
Link | Citer | R

I hate whatever hitbox or latency issues that I'm getting, I got killed by a soul spear when I was directly behind the guy earlier. All kinds of wut.
Serveur: Excalibur
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-25 11:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kormak said: »
I just hate that the game turns you into your own worst enemy:

Me @ SL35 in the bell tower - " God damn invasions I hate this $!%*% game! These guys have no life just picking on weak new players!" As if these hard hitting dwarfs weren't enough pain for a mage I get invaded by 3 people before I can summon an ally!"

Me SL80 - " Man I need titanite chunks, better go kill people in the bell tower."

What have I become....

Lol I actually hate the rat covenant more because it take so much time and they always go hide and try to shoot you with arrows >.>

Though I am 75 - 8 in pvp. 2 of those were from hexers >.> other 6 were back to back invasions at bell tower. which i can generally handle but sometimes I die D:

And I agree that magic is OP because I can never dodge it. I roll... It hits and for like 1/2 hp. I always try to make it hit a pillar or something.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 11:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
I always try to make it hit a pillar or something.

Same here. I have no shame when running from people spamming magic and ducking behind corners or pillars.
By Ophannus 2014-03-25 12:07:32
Link | Citer | R

http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Magic+Shield#.UzG4oSm9K0c

For people having trouble vs magic, go find a Magic Shield. It's a 1 or 2 lb small buckler with I think 95% magic resistance. It has low stability but you can upgrade it slightly to +10 and even infuse it with magic which grants -100% magic damage on block. You can eat a point blank homing crystal soul mass or a soul sword or sunlight spear and it will simply stagger you momentarily(low stability like 25-30) but at least you won't be dead. Even if you absorb a huge spell for all your stamina, usually you will recover from your stagger and have a sliver of stamina recovered before the next spell if you're a good distance away. Any build, I implore you, go find and upgrade a magic shield. It's light as hell and useful. The only thing is I think pyromancy doesn't as magic or something so I don't think it gets cut as much as a sorcery or miracle but I think it still has 70-80% cut(can make a fire magic shield too and still have 96-97% magic cut though)
Also it can spell Parry. Never done one of those before, timing might be weird but does it reflect it at the caster or just mitigate the damage without consuming stamina?

Another idea is to make a raw avelyn+10 in your right hand and if you see them pulling out a staff or chime get it ready. 3 thunderbolts or flame bolts will interrupt pretty much any spell and deal a good 450-550 damage and make them think twice before casting.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2014-03-25 12:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Hexes are dark, and almost all sorceries are easy to dodge.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-25 12:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Not done PvP in DS2 yet, but isn't there a Hex that reflects magic or some ***? In any case, pure melee builds are never good and have always and will continue to get decimated by magic-oriented users and magic hybrids.

I get the impression that's the kind of style most of you struggling with mages are using, since there are other, more effective methods of dealing with sorcery and the like.
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 12:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Not done PvP in DS2 yet, but isn't there a Hex that reflects magic or some ***? In any case, pure melee builds are never good and have always and will continue to get decimated by magic-oriented users and magic hybrids.

I get the impression that's the kind of style most of you struggling with mages are using, since there are other, more effective methods of dealing with sorcery and the like.

Ya I'm still sorta new to DS online play and PvP. I've always just played pure melee builds and I can definitely see why going pure melee isn't ideal but I definitely enjoy some 1v1 melee fights. I can see why people like playing magic or hybrid builds and when it's someone I can't or didnt defeat I just accept it and move onto the next one.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-25 13:19:35
Link | Citer | R

I've won uhh.. 70 something PvP matches. Apparently I've lost a lot because I'm still not Brotherhood of Blood +1 though. -.-
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2014-03-25 14:16:28
Link | Citer | R

I've won probably 40-45 myself but I've had a decent amount of losses too.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-25 14:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Ranking up require 50 wins. but any losses count as -1. :<
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-03-25 15:28:37
Link | Citer | R

Poison is so strong in this one compared to DS1. I love it. PvE & PvP
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-25 15:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Poison is so strong in this one compared to DS1. I love it. PvE & PvP
You discover the joy of a Poison Infused Manslayer +5?
By Ophannus 2014-03-26 10:23:35
Link | Citer | R

Does pyromancy glove affect toxic mist? Like if I level it up will it be more potent? Seems to never toxofy anyone because even if I hit them 3 times, they usually roll out of the way within one or two ticks. The first tick always lands since it has some homing/tracking, but seems like it takes a good 5 ticks to or so to proc. at pyromancy glove lvl6 when all three toxic mists hit for their first tick consecutively , it doesn't proc toxic :/
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-26 11:23:45
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
Does pyromancy glove affect toxic mist? Like if I level it up will it be more potent? Seems to never toxofy anyone because even if I hit them 3 times, they usually roll out of the way within one or two ticks. The first tick always lands since it has some homing/tracking, but seems like it takes a good 5 ticks to or so to proc. at pyromancy glove lvl6 when all three toxic mists hit for their first tick consecutively , it doesn't proc toxic :/

Sorry Idk but to expand on this question. Will Dex help? I know it helps your poison att, but i'm not sure if that helps your magic poison. I assume but would like to know for sure. Also I only use toxic mist as a way to pop a flask xD.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-26 15:15:42
Link | Citer | R

Also I think after I get to a high enough level (might be now) and get the dragon tooth weapon (need another!) I want to dual wield/power stance them >.> i know it will need 75 STR but seriously. imagine invading me in full havels and seeing dual wielded power stanced dragon tooths..

Idk its obviously going to be a troll build and might not be practical but still fun to play with. though i doubt id be able to get my load under 70% so i might not even try. F rolling when you can still sprint at them!

Though once I get the dragon torso item this might be even better >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-26 17:42:25
Link | Citer | R

"might not be practical"? Yeah, you will get absolutely slated by any kind of mage, more or less. Hybrid mages/melee as well, assuming they don't suck.

Here is a fun build for a melee hybrid.

Faith build Caestus+10 x2, infuse Lightning onto both Caestus, damage of Lightning will scale with Faith. Apply the Sunlight Blade Faith Spell to one of the fists, in this game the spell stacks with magical effects, such as Lightning. Power stance the Caestus, and go to ****ing town.

Can also put some other faith spells in the mix, Great Lightning Spear/Sunlight Spear, for instance, offers the Caestus build a quick and powerful ranged attack, other faith spells can be handy as well.

(The STR/DEX rating on the Caestus will go down significantly once infused with Lightning, so don't feel like you will need much into STR/DEX for this build.)
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-26 18:13:31
Link | Citer | R

Better use of Caestus: Dual Bleed infused Caestus +10 with full Havels. Infinite Stunlock. Good Game.

***'s terrifying.
By Raein Tilgung 2014-03-26 18:41:05
Link | Citer | R

On a personal note, I'm finding the Curved Dragon Greatsword to be an amazing weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-27 05:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Why are you wearing Havel, Poise is garbage in this game, which makes that set terrible. Unless there is something else on it I don't know about? Please don't say Defense.

Edit: Also, you aren't stunlocking anyone with a decent amount of Agility, as they can simply roll out of it. I'd use Poison, before I used Bleed.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-27 11:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Why are you wearing Havel, Poise is garbage in this game, which makes that set terrible. Unless there is something else on it I don't know about? Please don't say Defense.

Edit: Also, you aren't stunlocking anyone with a decent amount of Agility, as they can simply roll out of it. I'd use Poison, before I used Bleed.

I don't use havels. Was just going to be the LOLS of havels + two tooths.

And ya i'm really dissappointed in the defense in this game. does it basically just affect poise? because I tried full havels just to see if its any good and still took damage. so know im kinda just back to drangliec/vangarls or whatever its called.

also for a melee whats a good stamina to be at? think i stopped at 125 just because 1 level for 1 stamina seemed so low. think im level 145 atm. might respec. not sure what to go for atm. i really just use fire longsword and heide knight sword.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-03-27 12:21:48
Link | Citer | R

That post in particular wasn't directed at you.

To answer your questions though, Poise and Defense are two different things.

Poise(Stability on armor), atleast in DS1, was a stat that, when enough was obtained, would allow you to simply eat attacks without being stunned at all. Basically, you'd be able to pull off a 5-hit combo with your Katana, as you were getting a Great Hammer slammed in your face, and not be fazed at all. You still took damage though, of course.

Poise was changed in DS2, as, quite simply, it was an overpowered stat. What it does now is -reduces- (not negates) a chance to be stunned DURING an attack you make, and it only procs once. And to even reach a decent reduction rate, you need a utter ludicrous amount of Poise. If you're attacked before you make an attack, Poise will do absolutely nothing for you.

What this means is, you can no longer strife around opponents as they attack you to get a cheap back-stab in, it's simply impossible now, as attacks will stun the **** out of you. It's a useless stat in PvP,
since it doesn't always proc, even if you have a boat load equipped, and will only proc, once, if you make an attack(and were attacked, in turn). So basically there is a chance you can eat one attack without being interrupted, continuous attacks -will- stun you.

Defense, while not utterly useless, is mediocre at best. It takes alot to see a minimal difference, and just isn't something worth seriously optimizing, as in many cases it can slow you down (pending equip load/armor in question). Dodging with good Agility and low Weight is almost always more practical.

Havel Armor is abit different to most armors, while naturally boasts high Defense and Stability(Poise), it also (atleast in DS1, does) had an additional effect on each armor piece that raises Poise even further. This was a powerful set in DS1, when Poise was a strong stat, but that's simply no longer the case in DS2. Poise is near useless in PvP, and the armor is extremely heavy, it's a terrible equipment set now, more or less.

Edit: The Stamina you're currently at is best, going any further is an absolute waste unless you were level 500, or something crazy.
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2014-03-27 14:06:34
Link | Citer | R

so besides the dragon armor that I am trying to get. (dragon torso) what is a good armor to use? since ive put a lot into my load im at like 70 load+ the two rings that increase it.. so i think i have over 100 load. equiping a shield, 2 swords, two pyro gloves, and a bow with full vengarl armor im at like. 59%.

I think i notice a slight distance being under 60% from 70% but nothing crazy. but wanted to find a good armor that is great for its weight and try to get under 50%
First Page 2 3 ... 152 153 154 ... 224 225 226