Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 224 225 226
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2014-01-29 19:42:55
Link | Citer | R

my current setup is full silver light (minus helm) and fast roll WITH crest shield.

i've tried dodging and rolling, idk what my problem is, but everytime i roll under his blade attacks, i get hit even though i'm clearly timing it right.

actually now that i think about it i had the same trouble with giant wolf-san

i honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong lol.

I will admit though, i've only lost to this boss 3-4x before giving up trying again, mostly because of how far i have to go to get to the boss again after you die.

and the first time i died i cried because i took off my ring mid battle thinking i could swap back :/
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-29 19:44:41
Link | Citer | R

A while back all the talk with ROD about shield stability made me start a Knight. I named him Fychan(pronounced Vykhan, it's Welsh). It means "little," and I started him with the Tiny Being's Ring. My goal for the run is to never die, but I can't remember if you can skip the death in that room with Seathe.

So far, so good though.

When I've raised him up sufficiently and gotten some gear upgrades, I'm thinking of turning on online mode, though that might be a bad idea given my intended goal, but I'd like for him to get Greater Lightning Spear :<

I also have the intention of raising him up and challenging Dameion's Blade of the Darkmoon usin' butt to a dual!
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-29 21:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Vyrerus said: »
My goal for the run is to never die, but I can't remember if you can skip the death in that room with Seathe.

You have to die in your first encounter with Seathe. Though that death technically doesn't count for any type of challenge. Just equip a Ring of Sacrifice before you go in.

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
i've tried dodging and rolling, idk what my problem is, but everytime i roll under his blade attacks, i get hit even though i'm clearly timing it right.

actually now that i think about it i had the same trouble with giant wolf-san

i honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong lol.

I will admit though, i've only lost to this boss 3-4x before giving up trying again, mostly because of how far i have to go to get to the boss again after you die.

Not trying to be mean, but if you are getting hit then your timing is still off. Don't rely so heavily on the actual animation of the swing. The damage comes slightly before or after depending on the attack. Try to watch for the exact moment you take damage and note what part of the attack animation he is in when the damage is applied. That is the time frame you need to dodge.

Yeah the nearest bonfire being Firelink is semi-annoying. Though you can skip the majority of New Londo by dropping off the upper area at the right part and fall directly on the bridge next to the fog wall.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2014-01-30 01:02:20
Link | Citer | R

So before I head to bed, I've gotten up to Gaping Dragon now. I had one death against flippin' Hellkite Drake. D: Ah well, it made me comfortable turning on online mode.

I've been helping people with Gaping Dragon. I'm level 31, with 1119 HP and some upgraded armor. Nothing fancy, but I drew hate on Gaping this last run. I never knew this cat had a grab attack. It barely phased me, and made me look really bad *** I thought. I finished with the kill strike.

Also I keep getting summoned into NG+s to be meatshields for other people PVPing other people. First I had to fight against this pyromancer who was also sporting that poison club. Me and the dude who summoned me won that one. It took place at the start of the depths. The Pyromancer tried to use the enemies in the room and bait me into being stupid. The guy who summoned me was in New Londo Sealer garb firing super fast Great Soul Arrows. He laid down suppressive fire, and I killed all the enemies all the while stalking down the pyromancer. The pyromancer got hit a lot due to me coming at him with my oh so scary Uchi +5. He tried hiding behind a column, but I angled my strike through the edge and bled him to death. Fun stuff.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Godin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Godin
By Bismarck.Godin 2014-01-30 12:52:29
Link | Citer | R

One fairly crucial thing to be aware of about the Four Kings is that their shared "boss HP" bar will still take damage if you hit one after you've already killed it, while it is in its death animation. Do this enough to each one as they die, and you can actually prevent the 5th king from ever spawning.

As far as dying to Seath, you COULD do the Archive skip... but it's literally the hardest skip to pull off. You essentially proceed as normal until just before getting to Seath the first time. Once you get to the top of the elevator, where you run into the crystal knight, you simply activate the elevator and then jump from the fixed ground at the top, onto the corner of the elevator. Once done successfully, you just ride it down a little ways before rolling onto a path that will take you to the Duke's Archives bonfire (and the shortcut). Be warned, this skip is very difficult to pull off, and you'll probably die a few times just trying it.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-01-30 13:17:12
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
no it's not just timing. You have to realize Ghaleon that a lot of four kings attacks are so pronounced that you can roll through them perfectly but in the wrong direction and the attack swings back around and clips you anyway.

That is still timing related. Unless you are flat out rolling in the completely wrong direction. Like backwards.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gilus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-01-30 16:35:02
Link | Citer | R

An interesting message was found in the Dark Souls II Network Test data

Hopefully this means hackers/modders will be extremely rare. (Not including visual modders for PC)
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-30 19:12:01
Link | Citer | R

It depends on how they approach anti-hacking.

If you get caught hacking they should just ban your game purchase ID from connecting to the servers, and that way if you try to spoof it or w/e you won't be able to connect because it's not a valid purchase.

I really hope they do a better job this time around.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Godin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Godin
By Bismarck.Godin 2014-01-30 22:00:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
There will be no excuses at all for this system to not be near perfected, I hope they put the work in on dark souls II.

However when someone invades completely invisible and their weapon is hacked to instant kill me, it sure makes attempting a parry just that much more exhilarating. Because its non-network manipulation they still follow the basic rules, it's like fighting an agent smith lol

Yes! They may have a ridiculous amount of HP, but they still die in two bleeds from a Lifehunt ;)
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-31 19:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Dark Souls II - Executioner's Chariot (8-BIT NES/Famicom Edition)
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-31 19:10:28
Link | Citer | R

'Dark Souls 2' will penalize players 'who invade but still lose'

Dark Souls 2 is less than two months away from being launched and experts of the first iteration will be glad to hear that even though new players will be allowed to enter your game, they will not impede your overall progress.

Recently, Yui Tanimura, who is Dark Souls 2's co-director, talked about how the game's matchmaking system will be back, along with various penalties for losing players.

"Before, the matchmaking was based upon player level. That will remain, but we also want to focus on how much time you’ve played the game.

"Also, there will be penalties for players who invade, but still lose. There are risks. And there will be ‘policemen’ against invaders and a ransom system where if you constantly invade or kill NPCs there will be motivation for summoned players to go after you," Tanimura said.

He went on to say that they are not trying to raise the amount of times players experience multiplayer, "but more to give players the opportunity to interact even within the ‘loose’ parameters allowed."
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-31 19:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Dark Souls 2 PS3 Gameplay - 5 Things We Learned
YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-31 19:27:53
Link | Citer | R

New Fan Shield Screens for Dark Souls 2: Phoenix/Sunlight Parma

Namco has released new screenshots for Dark Souls 2 that depict battle scenes that feature fan made shields from a contest From Software held. A few of the fan made shields have been shown off already, but we found new ones that detail the Parma variety of shield.

The first is the Phoenix Parma, which has a lovely firebird on its front. The second is the Sunlight Parma that offers a ray of hope during your most troubled conflicts.

[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-01-31 19:49:52
Link | Citer | R

If I have learned anything from this thread, its that Dark Souls is hard and Kalila has no regard for people that check this website on their phones or their Ipads, which fortunately, is not me.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-01-31 20:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Voice Chat is now available during co-op

Friend summoning is made easier while using the Name-Engraved Ring, making the likelihood that those two players will be paired up in co-op is greatly increased.

You can be invaded whilst hollow

Fast travel is available from the start

You can reset your character stats using the Soul Vessel, that will allow players to reset their characters stats and class if they take it "back to where their journey began".

Random foe encounter called The Pursuer. a huge dangerous enemy that appears with an eagle.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-02-01 02:42:31
Link | Citer | R

I wonder if those fan made shields will be useful at all, or if they will be just novelty for the most part due to their stats.

Also...
No issues here.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-01 03:40:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure they will be used in some roleplay builds, but as for being the best of their kind, not a chance.
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXIV
By Dalmonn Highwind 2014-02-01 10:03:37
Link | Citer | R

Got Dark Souls for PC on Amazon yesterday....though I cant seem to get past the GFWL crap.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-01 17:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Got Dark Souls for PC on Amazon yesterday....though I cant seem to get past the GFWL crap.
Uninstall the GFWL that came with the game, and install the newest version (simple google search).
By Dalmonn Highwind 2014-02-01 19:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Kalila said: »
Dalmonn Highwind said: »
Uninstall the GFWL that came with the game, and install the newest version (simple google search).

Yeah I figured it out :P

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2014-02-01 19:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Now lets see if I can figure out how to invade you : p
Kinky~
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gilus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-02-03 02:39:31
Link | Citer | R

So a bunch of streamers of Dark Souls were able to get a guy who is working on the Dark Souls II strategy guide on Skype with them and answer a bunch of questions. He obviously didn't answer everything, and sometimes he didn't even give a straight answer. But I wrote down as much as I could, some of it from memory because I wasn't doing it from the start. The pat of the strategy guide that he is writing for is magic and weapons. Spoilered because there is a lot of info, some of it is stupid but I included everything, and for those who don't want to know anything at all going into the sequel.

(Now, the only evidence that he actually is working on the strategy guide was a post on Neogaf or something [he posted a link multiple times in stream chat but I didn't see it, wasn't paying attention at all times] stating that he was hired to work on it. He also stated that he worked on the previous strategy guide. So take this post with a grain of salt/ignore if you're skeptical. But from the way he was talking and the amount of information he gave during the stream [I think he was answering questions for about 4-5 hours] I found it to be believable. If he was lying, I doubt he could've kept it going for so long and without sounding nervous. Though this isn't exactly evidence, so again, take this with a grain of salt/ignore this post if you don't think it sounds legitimate.)

Sorry for text bricks, but there's more if you click below :D

By Dalmonn Highwind 2014-02-03 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Now lets see if I can figure out how to invade you : p

*George Takei voice*

Ohhh myyy....

I haven't actually started playing yet though, so good luck indeed! :P

You can add me on Steam: Nerd House
I'll be getting the PS3 version soon though.
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 224 225 226