Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2013-12-28 20:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Right now you're overleveled challenge wise so any further lvling means allowing yourself to stay lower skilled while still beating bosses etc

That being said, having a char with all stats50 is a lot of fun to be able to play around with everything in the game yeah lol.

But if you're looking for potent, lvl 120 is enough to master 3 traits in the game and still one shot anyone lvl 400+. Coupled with how long it takes to lvl up at that point, the population you'll find around you will have dwindled to near double digits that high.

If you are referring to pvp, I don't do that, I play offline. Maybe at some point I may try it, but for now, I'm just enjoying the game.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2013-12-29 00:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I meant challenge wise in the campaign. Like for example NG+7 is when the difficulty caps and even a level 1 can beat that.

It's all about how much skill you want to hone and how much freedom you want to have with possible abilities.

How do you like the black knight weapons so far? Because you can explore and try higher dmg combinations if you're willing to put some time into some stats

Well I'm sure with enough skill, anything can be done, like using the calamity ring and beating the game at level 1, but I'm not crazy like that. But like right now, in ng+, I've died quite a number of times, just to regular enemies, so the challenge is there for me.

As for the BK weapons, early on I managed to get the BK sword and used that for a long time, until I got the halberd and used that for the rest of the game pretty much. I tried using the other BK weapons, but didn't like the moveset with them. The halberd I felt, had the best moveset, high damage and range, and breaks poise easy.

As far as other weapons/stats, what do you recommend? I've tried other stuff, like Quelaag's fury, Lightning uchi, Balder Side Sword, Lifehunt Scythe, Artorias Greatsword, etc, but still kept coming back to the BK Halberd lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-12-29 00:23:06
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2013-12-29 02:44:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm a sucker for the Zweihander. I don't like putting it down. My first play through I didn't make much use of weapon upgrades, so I just plowed on through the game with the Black Knight's Greatsword.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-29 03:15:22
Link | Citer | R

My favorite weapons are the Claymore+15, Enchanted Claymore+5, Uchigatana+15, Enchanted Uchigatana+5, Washing Pole+15, and Enchanted Washing Pole+5.

My gear changes depending on if I'm using the Washing Pole or not though to stay under 25% load.

At my stats/level the Enchanted versions are the absolute strongest upgrades you can get. Standard +15 I use when I want to buff my weapon or if whoever I'm fighting has hella magic resist.

When using Claymore or Uchigatana, I'm in 3/4 Giants + Big Hat. When using Washing Pole, I swap to 2/4 Giants + Maiden Skirt + Havel's Gauntlets.

These keep me at fast roll, 77 poise (just passed a tier), and both have great magic and physical resist.

Oh and my main shield is the Silver Knight Shield +5 which has the highest stability out of all medium shields. Though I swap in Crest +5, Black Knight +5, Grass Crest +15, or Eagle Shield +15 depending on what I'm fighting.
 Phoenix.Lxion
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Lxion
By Phoenix.Lxion 2013-12-29 04:56:18
Link | Citer | R

Gargoyle Halberd is pretty raw. Silver Knight Straightsword is really fun as well. Other than that I REALLY like the Moonlight Greatsword, it's hard to beat the fun factor with that thing for me.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-29 07:12:36
Link | Citer | R

I'm boring and like the side sword, I also mix in using a bow a lot though.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-29 07:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »

Side Sword is good if you're going for a dex build.

Also, I love the Moonlight bow and Gough's Greatbow. For PvE anyway.

The plainest of weapons are often some of your best ones. A large majority of the flashy weapons have horrible move-sets that leave you wide open or cost way too much stamina for the damage it inflicts. Some even have huge wind-up times compared to the damage the attack inflicts.

For instance, the Black Knight Halberd's light attack; the follow-up light attack (R1+R1) has about half the range and more stamina cost than the first light attack when wielding it one-handed. Therefore, making chain attacks with it useless. Unless you get the timing down for the reset and are able to only use the first light attack in a chain, which can be done with practice.
Forum Moderator
By Vyrerus 2013-12-29 09:08:52
Link | Citer | R

I didn't delve much into PVP, so I never really tried getting used to or coming up with good ways to kill other players. I did, however, take a great liking to the Black Knight's Sword for fighting Artorias. The spinning dash attack it has is sooooo wonderful for charging straight at him, but then angling off and cutting him as I pass.

Post deleted by User.
Serveur: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2013-12-29 15:24:57
Link | Citer | R

The Murakumo is probably my favorite weapon to use competitively. Especially now that I've got a decent hold on how to dead angle at will. I have a great deal of (grudging) respect for the Katanas, Curved Swords and Great Swords as well.

Silver Knight Strait Sword, Demon Great Machete, and Gravelord Sword are my favorite looking weapons though.

Spears can go to hell.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-30 01:04:01
Link | Citer | R

My favorite weapons to *** around with and just have fun with (read: killing Josi in unique ways) would be dual tracers, Demon's Greataxe, and even the Guardian Tail.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-30 01:18:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I hate it but it's fun when I swap to it mid fight and plow you with it... though you do parry it more often than I can actually land an attack. Still fun though to see your health drop to 0 in 1 hit.

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-12-30 01:43:47
Link | Citer | R

just bought the PTD edition on PC...still gotta DL from steam >_>

the joys of PC graphics with PS3 controller play ability >_>
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Enuyasha 2013-12-30 01:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Enuyasha said: »
just bought the PTD edition on PC...still gotta DL from steam >_>
Good man, get going already I want to face ya : p
nnuuuooo ;A;

but anyway: i might let it download while i sleep tonight...
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-30 02:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
Like all of your weapons can do that pfffft : p
you at work?

Well... yeah.. but the greataxe looks like it hurts more :P

And yeah. :/ Ended up going back to work instead of taking the week off.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-12-30 07:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
bow in pvp? or in general you mean?
Both.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2013-12-30 10:34:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm currently in Anor Londo before ther O&S fight on ng+, and need to kill Smough first, how screwed am I?
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2013-12-30 10:45:04
Link | Citer | R

super Ornstein imo is easier than super smough, simply cause you can hide in super ornseins legs and only have to worryabout one attack, which is his butt smash.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2013-12-30 10:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Scarmiglione said: »
I'm currently in Anor Londo before ther O&S fight on ng+, and need to kill Smough first, how screwed am I?

You should be fine given the fact that a level 2 can beat them easily as well.

Assuming you can dodge their attacks anyway.

Just be sure to have fast roll otherwise you may not be able to roll out of the AoE lightning field from his spear drop. Which he loves to do when you're shoving your preferred weapon up his ***.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2013-12-30 13:50:01
Link | Citer | R

Well I managed to do it finally, took like 2 hours and like 20+ attempts. Almost won 1 time, he had like [] much health left, 1 hit would have been plenty, but I couldn't roll out of the lightning smash move. Solaire definitely helped, if he wouldn't be stupid and try to fight those giants by himself, but he almost never managed to last to the 2nd part of the fight.

I do agree that suoper Ornstein wasn't that bad, he really never hits you as long as you stay up against him, just have to be prepared for the lightning smash move. And yay for Gwynevere's big boobies! Nice reward for that fight.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2013-12-30 17:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! Felt good to win.

So what armor does everyone use? With 50 endurance and the ring of fap, I have 108 equip. load, so I use Havel's helm, gloves and leggings and Elite knight +10, and with the weapon slots, I can stay under 50% load and still fast roll.

Also, I'm level 154 now. Been farming souls from the phalanx guys in the Painted World, very fast souls.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 224 225 226