Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Adamantoise Egg
Adamantoise Egg
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2012-05-25 04:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys,

i am still looking for an Adamantoise Egg. Have someone that farms a PI for the NM and wanna sell me the Egg for 5M (Way more than normal price). ATM its my only option but if anyone of you would sell it for less i am in. Let me know if you do the KSNM. I will help kill if needed to. Just want these stupid egg. I am 2/3 items atm.

Thx for answers.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-25 07:25:21
Link | Citer | R

To be perfectly honest, 5M seems to be right around what the established price has been--so that might be a potential explanation for why you haven't gotten any bites yet. :) Unless the prices have historically just been much lower on cerberus, in which case I'm obviously wrong.

On Sylph, its hard to find soemone willing to pop Aspid to sell an egg for less than 5-6M when the pop costs a minimum of 4-6M, the egg isn't 100%, and the abjs he drops are worth 1M tops if you can even find a buyer.
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2012-05-25 08:06:39
Link | Citer | R

On Cerb most Eggs sold for 3-4M. I am ok with 5M but i want it now!! ^^ Cant wait to get my BB. Will pay these 5M. ^^
By Thanzo187 2012-05-26 23:12:10
Link | Citer | R

seems to depend on what method they get the egg from some were willing to take 3.5m for the egg but that was if it dropped during bcnm still 1/3 drop rate is horrid but no one will sell it for less than 5-6mil if its from the turtle
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2012-05-26 23:25:27
Link | Citer | R

A few months ago on Shiva I was offering 10mil for weeks with only a couple of people who bit (Went 0/8ish on the KSNM). These things suffer from a severe supply issue, it isn't simply a supply and demand problem.

I helped my friend with this awhile back, here's what I recommend:

Set up your own party and only let people in that will sell you the egg if it drops. In turn, they automatically get whatever the King pop item is going for with a chance at a few million AND strider's. In addition, you could buy popsets off of random other people (maybe offer everyone in the party 250k if the egg drops).

It's much, much more profitable for people to go the Wyrm route (An argument could be made about the expected value of going for a D.ring but going the Wyrm route will almost always have a reward whereas Behemoth/Adamantoise drop ***most of the time). Fafnir is the only lower king that drops anything of worth, so even if you don't get to Nidhogg you can still get a Ridill and useful abjuration/tatter. So basically, you need to be more proactive in getting that damn egg.