Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-19 01:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Seuss said: »
This is called profiling.

It isn't unjustified profiling when his proof is spelled out in every pretentious sentence that spills out of your brain onto the keyboard.

And what you call "derails", I think other, more experienced people that have actually farmed up and purchased emps/relics might call that your lack of understanding concerning just how easy it is to level up bst or dnc and put your hand into the free-money-sale that is Dynamis. But of course, instead of considering this, you shout "derail, derail, derail" until you are blue in the face.

It is also wonderful to hear that your white-knight code of video game ethics prevents you from buying items that are required to acquire weapons/armor. I sure hope you leveled up a craft or personally camped an NM for every single item you have ever acquired. I'd like to think your answer to this proposition might be, "Well of course I didn't do that--that's dumb.", because this example is exactly how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE the whole "refuse to exchange gil for xp/empyrean upgrades" argument is.

Your time is exchanged for money, which is exchanged for goods. Whether that time is spent farming dynamis to make money and buy buds, or spent farming Chloris itself--you still "earned the product" of the buds either way.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-05-19 02:53:23
Link | Citer | R

In response to the whole paying people to make weapons thing, I don't/won't pay for someone to build a weapon for me. I would rather go around bare knuckle fighting mobs than to pay for something in that manner. That's just me, I guess...

I don't pay for exp, I won't pay for a weapon. End of story.

It's the same thing. Sell it back immediately and go farm that chart.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-19 03:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Unless you live in 1964 Mississippi, you're going to have a hard time in the real world with that attitude and basis for actions/responses. It'll get you in hot water before you can say "civil liberties."

Dude, are you seriously bringing up the 1964 murders of black civil rights workers to make a point about a weapon in an MMO?

Are you kidding me?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-19 03:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Decimus said: »
In response to the whole paying people to make weapons thing, I don't/won't pay for someone to build a weapon for me. I would rather go around bare knuckle fighting mobs than to pay for something in that manner. That's just me, I guess...

Now that's funny.
[+]
 Valefor.Rancor
Serveur: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-19 04:10:23
Link | Citer | R

If you merit SS, Double attack
If not NQ empy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cheato
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Cheato 2012-05-19 05:03:50
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

Unless you live in 1964 Mississippi, you're going to have a hard time in the real world with that attitude and basis for actions/responses. It'll get you in hot water before you can say "civil liberties."

Dude, are you seriously bringing up the 1964 murders of black civil rights workers to make a point about a weapon in an MMO?

Are you kidding me?

Brought to you by 1001 Reasons the Average Person Doesn't Believe Racism is a Thing - "this problem is the same as my inconsequential problem."
[+]
 Leviathan.Seuss
Serveur: Leviathan
user: DiscoDuck
By Leviathan.Seuss 2012-05-19 08:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
It isn't unjustified profiling

Ahhh, the mixture or irony and ignorance is wonderful. You can shout that from your prison cell or unemployment line.

Sylph.Decimus said: »

Was this entire conversation not about Empy weapons? Hmmm, could have sworn it was.

Also, I have farmed that chart myself dozens of times and gotten the dagger on three occasions and sold in the past. SO, if that is the argument you choose, I have every right to buy it back.

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

Are you kidding me?

Dude, are you seriously bringing up the fact that you have no idea what was going on in that place and time other than what was glamorized in a Hollywood movie?

Do yourself a favor and get more of an education than just Google. While you're at it, Google "profiling" and see what it means.

Also, if that even was what I intended to reference with my comment, which it wasn't or I would have said so, it also goes to show that the idea of pretending things in the past never happened and should never be talked of again is a great way to 100% guarantee that they DO happen again. A defense of ignorance will not stand up in court and I'm sure you'll get to try it out one of these days if you haven't already.

Valefor.Rancor said: »
If you merit SS, Double attack
If not NQ empy.

Imagine that, someone else giving an answer to the question asked. Thank you.

I swear, you kids either need daycare or a parental lock on your internet connections. Either way, I've wasted enough time on debating this topic with drama-queens. Funny that out of all those posts, only 3-4 people actually gave constructive answers regarding the question that was directly asked. Think about that...and then go back to your MTV watching.

Take care!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Seuss
Serveur: Leviathan
user: DiscoDuck
By Leviathan.Seuss 2012-05-19 08:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
If you got what you needed from this, you should ask this to be closed/locked/power tripped. Whether by PM of mod/admin or them maybe seeing you asking here.

That's a serious suggestion despite the options.

You're absolutely correct. The constructiveness has ended and it has now become fodder for drama. However, I have no idea who any admins are to PM, but hopefully they will see this and close it.

Anyways, thanks to those who offered advise and to the others, well, it is what it is...

Be well.
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-19 09:45:17
Link | Citer | R

If I'm not mistaken for merited SS STR/ATTK Ursine's would beat DA. That's what I made as a hold over until I get time to do vere or sphari and only took like 3 days of camping firesday. I'm like you btw I don't want to pay for an empy BUT you need to consider time vs. reward. What would you get more accomplished in the limited time you have to log on? I only log in MAYBE 2-3x a week these days for 4-5 hours actual playtime and ??? just loitering. Then take my Farsha for example. Fistule is simple if your not dumb got 50 discharges solo. 80-85 Bukhis Wings x50 85-90 Alfard Fangs x75. Now I could spend time waiting for friends to log on and crafting a bajillion holy waters or in the same time frame (5hrs) run a dynamis and farm 2-3 alfards or replace alfard with crafting fast selling meds/farming boyhada moss and lumber. Then turn around and buy the wings from a reputable supplier thus saving myself the hassle of an *** NM AND getting my 90 items at the same time. When you think about it what's the difference paying someone for 50 empy upgrade items and buying 50 M.Silverpieces from someone's bazaar to upgrade a relic???

EDIT: Ment STR Taipan Fangs, got confused because the 99 version starts with a U
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-20 13:19:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
It isn't unjustified profiling

Ahhh, the mixture or irony and ignorance is wonderful. You can shout that from your prison cell or unemployment line.

Courtesy of Merriam-Webster

Definition of PROFILING
: the act or process of extrapolating information about a person based on known traits or tendencies <consumer profiling>; specifically : the act of suspecting or targeting a person on the basis of observed characteristics or behavior <racial profiling>

Yep.

You really need to relax, or talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist about anger management; I am being serious.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-20 14:10:44
Link | Citer | R

This thread is pretty stupid. Idiotic trolls like tigerwoods trolling some guy, and other trolls adding onto the troll to create an even bigger troll.

Seuss you should do what I do and just blist anyone who says something really stupid/trollish towards you instantly, and not try to argue with them. You will never win an argument with these kind of people, and their arguments won't even make the slightest bit of sense. All they want is attention, so don't give it to them.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-20 14:22:24
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Cheato said: »
Brought to you by 1001 Reasons the Average Person Doesn't Believe Racism is a Thing - "this problem is the same as my inconsequential problem."

All my [+]s
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-05-20 14:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
This thread is pretty stupid. Idiotic trolls like tigerwoods trolling some guy, and other trolls adding onto the troll to create an even bigger troll.

Seuss you should do what I do and just blist anyone who says something really stupid/trollish towards you instantly, and not try to argue with them. You will never win an argument with these kind of people, and their arguments won't even make the slightest bit of sense. All they want is attention, so don't give it to them.
He's not gonna sleep with you.

I have to admit, I was gonna leave this thread alone until he made that totally awesome profiling rant.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-05-20 14:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Shut the *** up and mature a little bit. You're one of the worst people on this entire forum because you talk ***about people who give good advice because you don't like them because you act like a retard and get burned because of it.

Seriously, you're pathetic.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-20 15:23:32
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why Kiaru always complains about hostility and trolling since virtually every time I've seen it directed toward him, he was the first to inject true vitriol into the situation.

And as a result, he ends up "defending" people who do things like cry derail at legitimate advice (and then bring up racial profiling in 1964 in a thread about hand to hand weapons in a MMO.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, because a lot of information can be lost through time-delayed textual information, and I really have no desire or need to dislike or "attack" anyone. I just want that people have correct information and enough structural knowledge of game mechanics to put that knowledge to good use.

It seems that all Kiaru wants to do is stir up drama, and I'll go right out and say it: that's just not something that I can support.

I'm not sure why you're always so hostile, Kiaru, but if you would put forth the effort to, I don't know, contribute to this community and not spend your time attacking everything you see just because you don't like people or whatever .. well basically, this targeted hostility that you imagine would more or less disappear.

People rarely just set out to troll senselessly on this forum. Usually it's a sarcastic comment in response to a ... really poorly constructed, ill-informed post that gets the ball rolling. Alternatively, stubbornness on one party's part to admit an error, or extreme arrogance in a post can invoke a negative posting environment.

Or, as in this case, a poster's unwillingness to accept any of the advice they requested - that might as well be considered trolling itself. People take time to respond to questions. When the response is "Well, I don't like your advice because this is the way I wanna do things," is pretty frustrating.

Like it or not, "You said you didn't want to do this because of X reason or Y time commitment, but X reason may be less of an issue than you're making it out to be, and Y time commitment can be reduced in this manner" IS perfectly reasonable.

I don't know. I've heard from others that you're not as bad as you make yourself out to be on these forums, Kiaru, so I'm trying to give you, as I said I preferred to do, the benefit of the doubt - but you make it extremely difficult to muster up even the most basic forms of empathetic sympathy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2012-05-20 16:05:19
Link | Citer | R

PhD
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-20 16:47:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Sounds like you already had your mind made up before asking for suggestions. Did you want people's opinions just so you could crap on them?
That's actually where everything started.

The first part of the post is perfectly fine, the second part is offensive and childish. The guy clearly explained a "two birds, one stone" situation and was very polite/interested in other options. People just didn't understand that WOE and Abyssea are two very different world when you are casual and solo.
If you start reading from this exact post, there is just a group of bored children trying to get some fun.

As for Kiaru, why not just ignore him? Is it that hard?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-20 17:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Seuss's overblown, immature, and extremely hostile response to the minor sarcastic comment you pointed out essentially renders your attempt to defend him a severe blow to your credibility.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-05-20 17:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-21 01:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Seuss's overblown, immature, and extremely hostile response to the minor sarcastic comment you pointed out essentially renders your attempt to defend him a severe blow to your credibility.
Let's talk about yours, defending a minor sarcastic comment that was uncalled for.
 Bahamut.Spudly
user: Spudly
By Bahamut.Spudly 2012-05-21 02:25:56
Link | Citer | R

Hmm this got a lil off topic lol. I'd say the 2-4 are worthwhile if your looking for something you can do without any help. Decent numbers on backhand blow in abyssea considering you ws more often.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-21 02:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, no.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-21 02:32:58
Link | Citer | R

WHAT
[+]
 Fenrir.Cheato
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Cheato 2012-05-21 02:39:20
Link | Citer | R

90% of this thread needs to reevaluate their mental faculties.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2012-05-21 02:40:59
Link | Citer | R

*reads entire thread*

...Silly people...

*leaves*
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-21 02:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »

Shut the *** up and mature a little bit. You're one of the worst people on this entire forum because you talk ***about people who give good advice because you don't like them because you act like a retard and get burned because of it.

Seriously, you're pathetic.
Thank you. He/she/it is one of the top offenders I see the name pop up and say
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-06-07 22:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
1) you're overestimating the time commitment required to get vere or spharai, both being superior weapons. *not* knowing that you almost had 30 coins already, this was the best advice.

How many Vere or Spharai have you finished solo as a MNK/WAR?

you could solo Spharai with mnk/dnc i cant imagine why someone that likes to solo doesnt have dnc to 49...

Quote:
Quote:
2) mercing out an empy is another valid option but saying that there's no personal interaction in that method isn't true as you obviously had to farm for the gil yourself

Not even sure what your point is with this. You're angry that I'm unwilling to pay people to build a weapon for me?

I think he is confused why you draw the moral line of goods being sold for in game currency so high. The developers not only left this method of paying for goods open, but have never discouraged it. Whys do you have such a problem with it?

Quote:
Quote:
3) the AH weapon someone mentioned is another very valid option

When did I say that that was not a valid option?

See #2. You accept the buying and selling of in game items for in game currency if the AH is involved, but not if the AH isnt involved? You must have a problem with EBAY, yard sales, Craig's list and ads in the paper too.

Quote:
As for the derails, if someone had actually read my original post, I clearly stated that I DID NOT want to become involved with having to build a Vere solo and in what little time I have as it is. So when someone reads that someone is excluding that option but still says that is what they suggest, then either they have absolutely no reading comprehension skills at all or they think that anyone who doesn't have that weapon is "too weak." Either way, it's a pointless derail of the question asked, yes.

Or they figured you didnt have enough information to make a reasonable decision and tried to give you that information. Maybe you should have warned them that you were going to shoot the messenger.

In all honesty this last quote from you is exactly what
Quote:
Sounds like you already had your mind made up before asking for suggestions. Did you want people's opinions just so you could crap on them?
was saying.

Quote:
As for, "acting too good..." When and where did I say that any constructive response given was stupid or worthless? I don't see that, do you see that somewhere?

Most if not all of the people that posted (even the ones that didnt sugest Vere outright) would argue that making a Vere IS a constructive response. In fact several people gave quite plausible and honest ways of making on with the same or possibly less effort than the options you suggested.

You cited 'Time" as the reason you didnt want to pursue them. So people helped you overcome the 'Time" concern. Instead of listening and acknowledging constructive input you attacked it.

You could have told the truth instead of saying "Time" was the reason for not wanting Vere, something like I have coins already and I want to finish one of these first. Or I know Vere is a better choice, but I prefer doing things the hard way. Or If these were the last two weapons on earth which would you choose? Or I'm poor, have no friends, dont like strangers so I wont do a shout and I wont level another job oh and Im set in my ways.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-08 01:38:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Spudly said: »
Hmm this got a lil off topic lol. I'd say the 2-4 are worthwhile if your looking for something you can do without any help. Decent numbers on backhand blow in abyssea considering you ws more often.

Winrar.
As for on topic, I'd recommend what was said earlier in the post.
AH weapon -> slowly work torwards vere\spharai, it's well worth it and there's no reason to rush it.