Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-27 05:10:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Madranta said: »
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
yah i dont got the funds to out right make a relic, or even do it quickly. The best i could do on a relic is about 3 months.
I'm pretty sure what Austar meant is that if you intend farm up dynamis currency anyway, you could convert the currency to gil and purchase the ingredients for 99 vere. In less dynamis runs than it would take to farm a complete relic I'm pretty sure. So the choice of which to make is still fairly unrelated to whether you currently have money or not.

I don't know what prices are like on other servers, but on Valefor the Heavy Metal Plates for 90 to 95 Vere would cost roughly as much as buying all the currency for one and a half Spharai.

1 Byne Bill: 7.5K x 10400 = 78 mil
O. Bronzepiece: 7.8K x 1400 = 10.92 mil
T. Whiteshell: 6K x 6100 = 36.6 mil
Total price = 125.52 mil

Heavy Metal Plate: 120K x 1500 = 180 mil
Riftcinder: 900K x 60 = 54 mil
Total price = 234 mil

Personally I would rather build 2 relics than get the relatively small increase 90 to 99 will give my Verethragna.

As to the OP's question, my vote goes to Verethragna. As others have said the main times to use Monk is when you'll get buffs. So unless you plan to do some hardcore soloing Vere will handle your solo needs just fine.

Even cheaper to be fair, can get One Bynes easily for 7,000 and O pieces for 7,500 and Tukukus for 5,400!
By afterdarkk 2012-05-27 06:29:22
Link | Citer | R

yah i dont got the funds to out right make a relic, or even do it quickly. The best i could do on a relic is about 3 months.
I'm pretty sure what Austar meant is that if you intend farm up dynamis currency anyway, you could convert the currency to gil and purchase the ingredients for 99 vere. In less dynamis runs than it would take to farm a complete relic I'm pretty sure. So the choice of which to make is still fairly unrelated to whether you currently have money or not.

I don't know what prices are like on other servers, but on Valefor the Heavy Metal Plates for 90 to 95 Vere would cost roughly as much as buying all the currency for one and a half Spharai.

Total price = 125.52 mil

Total price = 234 mil

Personally I would rather build 2 relics than get the relatively small increase 90 to 99 will give my Verethragna.

As to the OP's question, my vote goes to Verethragna. As others have said the main times to use Monk is when you'll get buffs. So unless you plan to do some hardcore soloing Vere will handle your solo needs just fine.

I think you forgot to add the price for 5 marrows on there so lets add 75 mil to the relic total to 99.
 Valefor.Madranta
user: Madranta
By Valefor.Madranta 2012-05-27 08:35:07
Link | Citer | R

afterdarkk said: »

Total price = 125.52 mil

Total price = 234 mil

I think you forgot to add the price for 5 marrows on there so lets add 75 mil to the relic total to 99.

True, but that becomes a similar argument to the Heavy Metal Plates of is it worth the price to upgrade? I would still rather build 2 Lv. 95 Relics than upgrade 1 Empy from 90 to 99. It's personal preference though and I have a lot of respect for the people that do make these upgrades.

@Omerta I believe it. I was just aiming for a average price that could be found readily in large quantities.
 Valefor.Omerta
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-27 09:36:53
Link | Citer | R

I figured ^ ^
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-27 13:29:31
Link | Citer | R

I think we are fast approaching the point where anyone who is playing consistently has a 95 relic or 90 emp. A lot of people are constantly saying "Well, I'd rather have a whole extra relic, than take my emp to 99, or even my current relic to 99". To an extent this will certainly give you more versatility, but at the end of the day, if you want to improve one specific job, have capped nyzul gear/acessories/TP sets/WS gear, the only real option for you is to start collecting plates or marrows, depending on what the best weapon is for your respective job.

Personally, I would rather have 2-3 versatile jobs (a DD, brd or cor, and a mage) that are near perfect, as opposed to 5-6+ jobs that are all "decent".
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2012-05-27 13:46:46
Link | Citer | R

I've seen both in action and I have to say that if you solo alot you want relic. The counter is a monster against multi monsters. If you all you do is DD use emp. How ever the 90emp vs the 99 relic is very very small
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-28 01:19:01
Link | Citer | R

Yikes. Yeah, with prices on ragnarok there is only about a 50mil difference between sparai75 and vere99, but vere99 is indeed more expensive. On one hand I feel like if we are counting the mats for vere up to 99, we should perhaps count the the cost of marrow for a relic up to the same level, but I definitely see your point.

Making up a 75 relic is indeed cheaper. Thanks.