Solo Dynamis Farming
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-22 22:13:40
Link | Citer | R

I won't say that I'm not. Currently working on Marksmanship skill so that I can unlock last stand and steal from 24 yalms. That should add some fun.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-23 09:30:30
Link | Citer | R

im bored so thought id share, yesterday duo we made 383 coins, our best yet! in qufim to boot, i know bubu and valk have more potential, but if youre just starting out duo keeps dyna fun and less repeatitive/tedious

just remember, you just need to take an action to put th on a mob, even if you miss
 Shiva.Denore
Serveur: Shiva
user: Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-23 10:10:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Vaglabond said: »
I won't say that I'm not. Currently working on Marksmanship skill so that I can unlock last stand and steal from 24 yalms. That should add some fun.

It really, really does.
@ Sheep once, it was completely packed out, and the army of bsts were trying to pull and hold 2+ between them and their pets. I had my own sheep I was working on, bst had one on him, one on yuly.. He procced the one on him, then Yuly's slept him, and his went yellow. Casually fired off a Last Stand on his for kill shot and coins without even moving, then got back to my own sheep.
Don't get me wrong, I don't steal mobs just to lul. But when the camp is rammed and people are still trying to hold 2+ for themselves...
Side note : need to nuance my 300/run comment. Went in solo the other day, the 4 10 min TEs went fine, and then it took me 4 sweeps to find the 20. My first curry bun wore off as I engaged my first nightmare mob. Needless to say, I did not come out anywhere near 300...
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 10:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
im bored so thought id share, yesterday duo we made 383 coins, our best yet! in qufim to boot, i know bubu and valk have more potential, but if youre just starting out duo keeps dyna fun and less repeatitive/tedious

just remember, you just need to take an action to put th on a mob, even if you miss
Yes. By far duo makes it more fun. Solo is gay shizzzz. My suggestion is a heavy DD, or dnc, and a thf. for a duo. Works really well. If you get good enough, you can break 500 np.
[+]
By geigei 2012-10-23 13:34:12
Link | Citer | R

Thf+mnk i find to be the best choice on dc for 500.
 Carbuncle.Vaglabond
user: vaglabond
By Carbuncle.Vaglabond 2012-10-23 16:45:41
Link | Citer | R

Can I get a look at what you are using for LS and an avg. dmg output?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-10-23 16:51:56
Link | Citer | R

geigei said: »
Mnk blows unless ya got 99 spharai or 99 empy. Fact. Drg, sam, dnc, destroy mnk's damage output. Even pup does.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-24 06:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Mnk blows unless ya got 99 spharai or 99 empy. Fact. Drg, sam, dnc, destroy mnk's damage output. Even pup does.
MNK is my main and I agree. I prefer other jobs if I'm not getting any buffs. As soon as you start putting buffs on that MNK though (IE - mules), it's GG. With just double march + haste my monk can WS once, then auto attack a proc'd DC mob from full health to dead before it comes out of proc.

Pretty sure THF/DNC + DNC/WAR is one of, if not the strongest duo for dynamis if neither of you are 2-boxing. However, with a mule, everything changes and there are all kinds of setups you can run to clear DC camps (which seems to cap at about 600ish coins).
[+]
 Shiva.Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-24 08:00:48
Link | Citer | R

The damage is pretty much always going to suck, since THF doesn't get a lot of ammo options for x-bow. I use V-Bow +1 and Acid Bolts, and don't bother much with trying for damage. (I think you could try Darkwing +1 for more damage on thf? But the ammo options are still incredibly lame.) I stack on as much R.Acc as I can to ensure the WS lands, filling in with AGI and STR here and there (without bringing any extra gear for it specifically, since it's already rough to leave space for currency in my THF's inventory).
Back when I thought it might be fun to be a gun thf for lulz, I was looking into Culverin +1 and Cannon Shells. I lost the urge before I found one, dunno if there are any better options out there now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-24 22:53:43
Link | Citer | R

We've established you're full of ***, so no one cares about your fables.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-24 23:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
You're not supposed to follow *** with more *** unless it's done sarcastically.
 Sylph.Krsone
Serveur: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-10-24 23:06:13
Link | Citer | R

You think this isnt true Night? Id also say mnk didnt rank highly for dyna coin farm performance, unless you had spharai.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-25 04:35:20
Link | Citer | R

a dnc without m/e (since theres no r) destroys mnk output "unless it has a 99 R or E"? lol
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-25 06:21:32
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
i cant speak for the claim on dc, but i could bet 500 in a good zone/luck on competition could get up to or atleast close to 500, my wife and i are getting more and more used to bst + thf duo, we pulled 415 in quifim yesterday in ep with no notable weapons, mind you that atleast 6-7 minutes are burned running between camps

edit: 10 minutes or more is probably more accurate, im not trying to overstate our drops tho
 Fenrir.Deno
Serveur: Fenrir
user: deno
By Fenrir.Deno 2012-10-25 06:48:20
Link | Citer | R

I always used to run with my brother vs EP, he is always on THF. I've tried MNK, BST and BLU, getting pretty similar numbers (350-400) on all of them. Guessing they'll pull apart more vs DC...
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-10-25 07:04:04
Link | Citer | R

My bf and me allways duod nin+thf just duo, so no pocketmage. Blade hi followed by a stacked Mercy destroys any DC Mob lol cant remember but i think like 80%-85% HP was what we could get down with the SC. For duo my guess is that best combo for one is where you can do a potent SC with your partner for alls those mobs where your 1st step procs.
We havent done much Dynamis in the past months but we went again a few days ago and we got like 430 coins while there were a group of MNK+THF +SCH also at our mobs for about 40 min in Qufim.. so we had some more running and waiting time D:
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2012-10-25 07:42:23
Link | Citer | R

Screenshot help w/ these type of claims... if you don't have then it never happened.
 Shiva.Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-25 08:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Screenshot help w/ these type of claims... if you don't have then it never happened.

Wait.. I can understand scepticism when it comes to certain claims being put forth in this thread. But POIDH for 500 total currency for a duo? Come on...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-25 08:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
i cant speak for the claim on dc, but i could bet 500 in a good zone/luck on competition could get up to or atleast close to 500, my wife and i are getting more and more used to bst + thf duo, we pulled 415 in quifim yesterday in ep with no notable weapons, mind you that atleast 6-7 minutes are burned running between camps

edit: 10 minutes or more is probably more accurate, im not trying to overstate our drops tho

Once again, thats not an AVERAGE, thats a MAX, based on favorable conditions.

And running between camps is part of the game, you cant say "If I didnt have to change camps I'd get more currency".
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-25 08:09:48
Link | Citer | R

If I can do 350 dualbox with two melees, beeing far from optimal, I'd say getting 500 with two proper people should be very very possible.
 Shiva.Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-25 08:13:45
Link | Citer | R

It just absolutely baffles me that people are so quick to rule out a possibility, simply because they themselves cannot yet accomplish it.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-10-25 08:18:49
Link | Citer | R

500 for a duo is a completely believable average. 600 leans towards the luck with TH/proc/competition. This being on DC mobs.
 Shiva.Denore
By Shiva.Denore 2012-10-25 08:25:01
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, Paulu!
Don't forget TE luck too. If the 20-min is making out with 4 turtles, or you have to do an extra sweep etc.. But otherwise, yep what Paulu said.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-10-25 11:44:08
Link | Citer | R

When I have Qufim DC to my own, I'm sitting on repops at Diremites (there are 9), and I kill about 10 or 11 of both bats before they start repopping, 3boxing thf mnk whm, and I average about 450.

Tried out Valkurm last night since someone was in my spot in Qufim, did Hippos, Treants, Flytraps (probably should have done funguar instead, wouldnt have to worry about whm's positioning), and wound up with 454. Had no competition until 2 duo's rolled up with 20 min to go, but I probably only lost maybe 3 minutes collectively in that time looking for repops since they killed slow.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-25 12:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Curious any huge difference on thf/??? vs ???/thf for farming? TH2 vs TH7/8??? Wondering if DC camps and going Heavy DD would be more beneficial on coins...
By geigei 2012-10-25 12:12:10
Link | Citer | R

We? I don't care about any of you, keep sucking.

Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 12:32:38
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
Curious any huge difference on thf/??? vs ???/thf for farming? TH2 vs TH7/8??? Wondering if DC camps and going Heavy DD would be more beneficial on coins...
Lacking /dnc will kill your rates more than a lack of TH ever will. Exceptions for multiple chars or being on dnc itself so you don't have to sub it.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-10-25 12:43:32
Link | Citer | R

When I have Qufim DC to my own, I'm sitting on repops at Diremites (there are 9), and I kill about 10 or 11 of both bats before they start repopping, 3boxing thf mnk whm, and I average about 450.

Tried out Valkurm last night since someone was in my spot in Qufim, did Hippos, Treants, Flytraps (probably should have done funguar instead, wouldnt have to worry about whm's positioning), and wound up with 454. Had no competition until 2 duo's rolled up with 20 min to go, but I probably only lost maybe 3 minutes collectively in that time looking for repops since they killed slow.
That avg still seems low. Maybe triple boxing is actually slowing you down compared to a real two human duo? I did Valk last night sam/dnc + thf/dnc and we got 524. We even had the thf die to a yagudo link near trees. It would take some crap luck for us to drop below 500 but 500-550 is our average range.

What I'm wondering is maybe it's your killspeed. we're really quick as long as procs hold up. Mandalic stab + 99kaiten will kill or nearly kill anything. It's good teamwork though. He'll know when to pull the next mob and let me finish it off and whatnot.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-25 12:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »
Lacking /dnc will kill your rates more than a lack of TH ever will. Exceptions for multiple chars or being on dnc itself so you don't have to sub it.

I bring a dnc/--- for if the miracle white proc ever happens also a pup/--- for a ws miracle so far 1 white proc in weeks....
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 12:52:18
Link | Citer | R

I dunno about white procs, I think you'd be better off dnc/thf for an increased chance of drops. TH2 on every mob in weeks of runs vs a rare hundred piece? I don't know anything about pup in dynamis but did you say ws proc? When I dual box, I like to have both chars /dnc for fast procing. The faster I proc it the faster I kill it and the more coins I get.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 12 13 14