Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Bridge H2H weapon
Bridge H2H weapon
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-14 08:13:09
Link | Citer | R

Seeing that SS is a high DEX mod how would the DEX path h2h fair vs STR path? Lotta stuff IRL going on so I have absolutely zero intention on getting VS before at least 2013 (if the game lasts that long), so basically looking for a decent bridge to hold me over until then.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-05-14 08:17:46
Link | Citer | R

STR should win out in the long run, unless you really need the acc from the DEX ones
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-05-14 08:26:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm curious - what makes you think ffxi will die this year? Or is this a Mayan calender thing? (Cause there's some new news about that.)

And, Brawny Adargas take 0 time (unless you need the money) to get, since time is your concern.
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-14 08:42:27
Link | Citer | R

meh screw the mayans, and yes already made and ready to go is even better.

EDIT: In reference to the game ending in 2013 that was kindo of a stab at some ppl I talked to not long ago that said FFXIV would take over and SE would shut down FFXI by 2013, which we all no won't happen as long as profit vs. running cost continue to barrance in SE's favor.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-05-14 09:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Oh they're 500k on Ragnarok still, so that's cool, too. On Fenrir, they were around 4-500k for a few weeks, but are now going for 1mil.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-05-14 09:41:24
Link | Citer | R

The WoE version of the empy has treated me wonderfully as a bridge weapon for quite a while now. they dicked up walk of echoes though, I guess I don't know how hard it is to get 30 coin of advancement these days, but those are good.

short of that, I agree with terminus
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Serveur: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-14 14:59:34
Link | Citer | R

The WoE Smite h2h will serve you better than any of the elemental magian trials due to the weapon skill's fantastic performance in both abyssea and voidwatch. A friend and I were actually going back and forth about the utility of the WoE weapons recently. I personally would have a rough time investing all of the NM camping hours/WoE time into a weapon I know I am just going to start trying to replace as soon as I finish it. In the end, I would rather have 25 Chloris buds and still be using Brawny than have a WoE h2h and know all that time could've been put toward the real emp. Ascetic's fury does decently enough in abyssea to help you farm your buds (if monk is the job you would kill it on), and the fangs are just cake after that.

Conversely, my friend was of the mindset that it would be better to have the WoE h2h first, since that at least makes you "viable" for content such as VW. I am sure you will find it to be no surprise that I have vere, and he has the WoE, so we are likely somewhat biased, lol. Really, whichever one of those two explanations sounds more appealing to you--go for it. Beats the snot out of all the people I see sitting on their thumb in PJ all day waiting for someone else to do something for them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-14 19:15:52
Link | Citer | R

WoE never crossed my mind for that same reason, if I'm caming NM's I'm going all the way. One of the ideas I had to get my buds where I could go at a liesurely pace and maybe get it done this year is go in tahrongi and build up lights on NIN/DNC and spam gold chests, then trade glavoids if they are willing to pop a chloris and help me kill it.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-14 22:24:47
Link | Citer | R

The real downer to gold chest farming is the fewer people you have in your party/alliance, the less utility it serves--since any copies of KI's you already have just fall to the floor.

If I had to guess (as far as solo time goes), your time would probably be best spent farming dynamis for ~1M+ per run. Even at 325K per bud, that's still 3 buds per dynamis run, which is most likely more than anyone would get solo'ing gold chests. :)
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-05-14 23:36:03
Link | Citer | R

325! Damn thats cheap. I haven't got an offer >450-500k ea on my server except one guy but he dosen't do it consistently.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-05-15 10:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Blah, yeah....at 450-500K that certainly changes things a bit :(