How does Mimesis look now?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-16 16:29:43
Link | Citer | R

so, DEX Uson the non-RME mainhand of choice unless you're attack capped?
By amadis 2014-06-16 16:43:39
Link | Citer | R

any news on 119 almace being any good again? (please say it will)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 16:50:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »

Good call, its value has actually skyrocketed. Better than Bura for offhand for both Req and CDC by enough to make it worthwhile now. (Talking a 5~10% increase in WS damage)
By Refia1 2014-06-16 16:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Good call, its value has actually skyrocketed. Better than Bura for offhand for both Req and CDC by enough to make it worthwhile now. (Talking a 5~10% increase in WS damage)

You lose 3 % DA and 2 base dmg and 10 atk/3 STR, doesn't seem worth it to me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 17:03:15
Link | Citer | R

That only matters for melee phase. Removal of alpha and addition of 20% WSC for CDC have pushed the WS damage benefit beyond what you get from TP accumulation frequency and white damage increase.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-06-16 17:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Also worth considering: WKR changes just might give Xiutleato a place somewhere. Should be interesting.

Re: Mimesis, thought I was done with JSE weapons and was wondering what to do with the ~130 boulders I've built up. Maybe worth hanging onto the things and making the sword now though...
By Refia1 2014-06-16 17:16:14
Link | Citer | R

That only matters for melee phase. Removal of alpha and addition of 20% WSC for CDC have pushed the WS damage benefit beyond what you get from TP accumulation frequency and white damage increase.

You talking the difference of 10 dex... If that's the case then Almace 99 is better. Have you even put this thru spreadsheet? The benefits I listed over Mimemas benefit ws too xD
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 17:29:07
Link | Citer | R

No, I thought I'd give an assessment based only on feels and ignore mathematics completely.

Almace has 14 less D than Mimesis, already losing any benefit you'd gain from the added DEX. Additionally, you'd need to mainhand Almace to take full advantage of it, which removes a significant amount of damage from weaponskills. Multiattack on CDC has less weight with an 80% DEX mod, WSC becomes more weighty. Even Windbuffet isn't always ideal over Wanion or Pipilaka, but I can only list one in the top gearset. Unless they buff Almace's base damage or give Emps +WSD like Relics and Mythics get, its relevance will remain minimal.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-16 17:33:35
Link | Citer | R

No, I thought I'd give an assessment based only on feels and ignore mathematics completely.

Almace has 14 less D than Mimesis, already losing any benefit you'd gain from the added DEX. Additionally, you'd need to mainhand Almace to take full advantage of it, which removes a significant amount of damage from weaponskills. Multiattack on CDC has less weight with an 80% DEX mod, WSC becomes more weighty. Even Windbuffet isn't always ideal over Wanion or Pipilaka, but I can only list one in the top gearset. Unless they buff Almace's base damage or give Emps +WSD like Relics and Mythics get, its relevance will remain minimal.
I bet you didn't even read this guide!
[+]
 Shiva.Zykei
Serveur: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2014-06-16 17:34:17
Link | Citer | R

its relevance will remain minimal.
QQ
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-16 17:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Hey bro, I have my playstyle and you have yours. Neither is right or wrong.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Serveur: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-16 17:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Hey bro, I have my playstyle and you have yours. Neither is right or wrong.

Apart from your's get you killed while mine lets me beat Mythic SAM's!

I think I know which style I prefer :P
By Refia1 2014-06-16 17:41:14
Link | Citer | R

I just put it thru my self and i don't see 10% ws dmg claim you have
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-06-16 17:43:33
Link | Citer | R

Because I'm too lazy to spreadsheet it myself- what conditions need to be met for Windbuffet to beat Wanion?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 17:43:57
Link | Citer | R

it's a good thing I gave a range and didn't just say 10% then, isn't it?

Because I'm too lazy to spreadsheet it myself- what conditions need to be met for Windbuffet to beat Wanion?

Still researching, will let you know shortly
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-16 17:46:42
Link | Citer | R

Refia1 said: »

As much as I love debating things in a forum, I'm not too sure you're going to win your argument against Prothescar on anything Blue Mage Related in a Stickied Thread he created and is arguably one of the most accurate and best maintained job threads on ffxiah, that said its possible.

128 D + 10 STR + 10 DEX

Removing the Alpha Value means that STR is more beneficial than previously, assuming you're modifying the way WSC is calculated first I would like to see your maths to see the exact % gain you are getting as "I am not getting 10%" is hardly informative nor accurate when trying to decide upon the best / optimal weapons.

Did you read the 5% part? Seems like you didn't :3
By Refia1 2014-06-16 17:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

As much as I love debating things in a forum, I'm not too sure you're going to win your argument against Prothescar on anything Blue Mage Related in a Stickied Thread he created and is arguably one of the most accurate and best maintained job threads on ffxiah, that said its possible.

128 D + 10 STR + 10 DEX

Removing the Alpha Value means that STR is more beneficial than previously, assuming you're modifying the way WSC is calculated first I would like to see your maths to see the exact % gain you are getting as "I am not getting 10%" is hardly informative nor accurate when trying to decide upon the best / optimal weapons.

He is stating its a 10% ws dmg increase over Buramen.... You can't list 10 STR because infact this wpn have 3 less STR then Bura. Only difference is 10 DEX, not counting the 10 atk or slightly more acc or 2 base d value or 3 % DA. I don't see his comparison either. I don't care he made this thread, his posts are very condescending to anyone that disagree with him. He can't debate a discussion w/o resorting to personal attack it seems xD
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 17:49:51
Link | Citer | R

By all means, I'm completely open to additions and revisions to my data, but provide your own data to counter it, not just "it's wrong!"

I suggest using a bit of reading comprehension, the post doesn't only say "Mimesis increases WSD by 10%". Conagh very kindly quoted and highlighted it for you, reread it.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-16 17:50:32
Link | Citer | R

128 D + 10 STR + 10 DEX

He is stating its a 10% ws dmg increase over Buramen.... You can't list 10 STR because infact this wpn have 3 less STR then Bura. Only difference is 10 DEX, not counting the 10 atk or slightly more acc or 2 base d value or 3 % DA. I don't see his comparison either.

he is stating 5% actually read the post properly. 10% was the high end of the estimate.

Further more I've never seen prothescar personally attack anayone, a personal attack is calling you fat. Learn to English thanks.
By Refia1 2014-06-16 17:53:42
Link | Citer | R

128 D + 10 STR + 10 DEX

He is stating its a 10% ws dmg increase over Buramen.... You can't list 10 STR because infact this wpn have 3 less STR then Bura. Only difference is 10 DEX, not counting the 10 atk or slightly more acc or 2 base d value or 3 % DA. I don't see his comparison either.

he is stating 5% actually read the post properly. 10% was the high end of the estimate.

Further more I've never seen prothescar personally attack anayone, a personal attack is calling you fat. Learn to English thanks.

ook i seen him debates with doctorough and myself lolz. He ignore SC properties before and stating requiescat was a superior ws outside of its unique dmg, which I disagreed w/. Then he debate that acc wasn't important etc. I don't take everything he says as facts xD. He gave 10% high end of the estimate w/no proof or what he was comparing, I don't get that value in my comparison so plz show me?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 17:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Cherrypicking previous debates and removing crucial elements from them isn't helping your case
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-16 18:00:13
Link | Citer | R

128 D + 10 STR + 10 DEX

ook i seen him debates with doctorough and myself lolz. He ignore SC properties before and stating requiescat was a superior ws outside of its unique dmg, which I disagreed w/. Then he debate that acc wasn't important etc. I don't take everything he says as facts xD. He gave 10% high end of the estimate w/no proof or what he was comparing, I don't get that value in my comparison so plz show me?

Arguing or dismissing someones opinions, or not agreeing with them is not a personal attack, it is called disagreeing.

Again personal attack ~

Quote:
An ad hominem, short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. ...

an irrelevant fact would be like "you're fat therefore your arguments are wrong". Saying "I don't agree with you and here'ss what I feel" is not the same thing.

I never said I agree with him, I simply said that it's not a profitable argument to try and argue with someone you just said dismisses what you say.

And just to point out, I have proven Doctorugh wrong on numerous instances in game on Cerberus.

No one is infallible, but he did an estimate based on the numbers he ran and provided his own insight.

All you have provided is "you're wrong" whilst providing no insight or even trying to assist the other people.

if you are so strongly against him posting incorrect information, as you seem to argue about now, please post the data you got showing all the calculations so other people can use your data as a point of reference.

Unless being right in a pointless argument is the most important thing to you.
I personally feel providing information to allow others to come to their own conclusion is more important . helpful / noble.

but hey to each their own.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 18:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Anyway, I wouldn't go out of my way and spend all kinds of money on a Mimesis if you haven't already got one. The value is definitely there if you have it already and go ahead and use it, but unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket then the increase you'd get from the sword really unfortunately won't be noticeable enough for you to say "wow, I'm glad I spent money on this".

@Kyte: Windbuffet > Wanion if ratio is roughly 2.1 or higher. Just going to change Windbuffet to Wanion in the T1 CDC set. Windbuffet is always better than (or equal to) Pipilaka though, so if you haven't got Wanion then Windbuffet is still your best bet (unless you need acc, Ele belt then)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-16 18:31:50
Link | Citer | R

his posts are very condescending to anyone that disagree with him. He can't debate a discussion w/o resorting to personal attack it seems xD
He is right cause he got a big ***, now come back with math or stfu!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-16 18:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
his posts are very condescending to anyone that disagree with him. He can't debate a discussion w/o resorting to personal attack it seems xD
He is right cause he got a big ***, now come back with math or stfu!

Is it as big as yours?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-16 18:42:49
Link | Citer | R

This thread is falling further and further down a strange, homoerotic rabbit hole
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-06-16 18:43:44
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-16 19:01:31
Link | Citer | R

guess I should change the thread title to "Unleashing the Beast"

am doing some mock comparisons of SAM vs BLU for funsies, it's a lot closer than I thought it'd be, I'm even giving SAM's WSs a higher fTP boost than I expect we'll get (Fudo: 5.75@200, 6.75@300; Shoha: 2.6875@200, 3.4375@300.) Frightful Roar and Nat. Meditation going a long way, CDC coming out ahead of Shoha by a fairly significant margin (1000+ average damage on a target with 2200DEF, 1000EVA, 210VIT, 210AGI).

It basically comes down to SAM having double~triple the WS frequency compared to BLU's higher TP phase DoT. Can't wait to do an actual simulation once we have some concrete data on fTP values. I don't at all expect BLU to match or overtake SAM, but being sufficient as a DD for stuff? I'll take it for now. Don't think I care too much about losing 1~2 mins on my 30~35 minute Yorcia clears.
[+]
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2014-06-16 20:44:40
Link | Citer | R

Random bits related to Proth's comparisons:

Added Raaz as a mid-level mob to all the spreadsheets. Idea is to have a fairly difficult mob that doesn't require setting a ton of buffs just to be able to hit it, but that can't completely ignore acc gear either.

Req and CdC are pretty much right on par when targeting Delve Fodder (with 10% def down and Berserk), but CdC is well ahead when targetting the Raaz. Basically, Req only wins when CdC starts going above the attack cap. On the other hand, if Req is pushing the attack cap, it's well ahead of CdC. (Differences on either end are 500-1000 damage out of 5k.)

Am having a real hard time finding data to match Proth's assertions on weapons, though. Not entirely sure which mainhand he's basing this off of, either.

Putting together a comparison table of DPS. TP sets are the same, spell sets are the same, weaponskill sets are tuned to ws used.

V.1 uses CdC vs Raaz. V.2 uses Req vs Delve Fodder (20% def down to cap att).

Note: no guarantees that spells and such are optimal. Just tried to make sure values were pretty good, and didn't vary between comparisons. Didn't bother trying to limit the list to 'proper' mainhand/offhand weapons restrictions.

With weaponskills sitting around the 5k-6k range, I never saw a weapon change (offhand only) shift damage by more than ~100 points.
Code
CdC vs Raaz
          Offhand
Main      Anahera   Bura      Uson Str  Uson Dex   Mimesis
Anahera   x         381.648   380.499   376.758    375.438
Bura      381.648   x         388.443   383.359    382.691
Uson Str  382.343   390.317   389.530   384.744    382.406
Uson Dex  378.501   385.214   384.744   379.766    378.556
Mimesis   374.771   382.012   379.836   376.094    x

Req vs Delve Fodder
          Offhand
Main      Anahera   Bura      Uson Str  Uson Dex   Mimesis
Anahera   x         466.820   463.714   459.027    465.934
Bura      466.82    x         469.603   464.529    469.529
Uson Str  465.868   471.772   470.348   465.724    467.534
Uson Dex  461.188   466.702   465.724   463.091    462.864
Mimesis   464.842   468.430   464.689   460.011    x

Overall, most pairings are pretty close. I'm probably missing stuff, though, since I've only recently started playing around with blu.

Bura seems to be the best offhand across the board, though only slightly ahead of Str Uson. Str Uson seems like best mainhand for pure melee where acc doens't matter, while Dex Uson would clearly be the best choice if you're dealing with acc issues.

Mimesis seems a solid, though not great, offhand. It's functional, though not optimal. It may have somewhat better utility if using spells for damage as well.

Comparing where acc matters was too annoying to get into, though, so some of these would obviously shift if that was an issue.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 446 447 448