The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 369 370 371 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-17 10:40:41
Link | Citer | R

There is no SC+ 30k objective? I think either you're getting confused or I'm reading your message wrong.

The 30k+ objective is Magic Burst. It's the magic burst that has to do more than 30k damage.

Or did you mean the 30k+ Weapon skill Damage? That objective, indeed, is a sum of your Weapon Skill Damage + consequent SC damage (if there's any).
Meaning that if your WS does 20k and consequent SC does 15k damage, the sum will be 35k and it will count the WS objective as completed, whereas the 20k WS alone would not.

What I do to complete the objective? Well you need a job with either a strong WS, strong buffs/debuffs or a combination of those.
But regardless what I do is:

1) Load Ayane trust
2) use my strongest WS with her engaged on a trash mob to make her "learn" the WS I will use
3) From there on Ayane will try to open up with a WS that will create a SC after I use my WS (until I use a different WS myself)
4) From there you proceed to let yourself and Ayane get enough TP. Once you have 1000+ Ayane will try to open for you. Then you follow with your WS and if you're lucky WS damage + SC damage will be over 30k

To help you with that you can use King of Hearts who will use Dia3 on your current target. Qultada can in theory help by making that into a Dia4 if his CD for quick draw is up, but I normally send Qultada away because more often than not he will either break my SC or deal too much damage to the Transcended Target...

On some jobs like SAM and DNC you can open the SC with the related special abilities, but of course here we're talking about BLU.
I guess you could try to do the same with some spell and Chain Affinity, but I'm afraid that might end up dealing too much damage.
By Boshi 2019-09-17 11:19:04
Link | Citer | R

could just to a requiscat then close with expi
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-17 11:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
There is no SC+ 30k objective? I think either you're getting confused or I'm reading your message wrong.

The 30k+ objective is Magic Burst. It's the magic burst that has to do more than 30k damage.

Or did you mean the 30k+ Weapon skill Damage? That objective, indeed, is a sum of your Weapon Skill Damage + consequent SC damage (if there's any).
Meaning that if your WS does 20k and consequent SC does 15k damage, the sum will be 35k and it will count the WS objective as completed, whereas the 20k WS alone would not.

What I do to complete the objective? Well you need a job with either a strong WS, strong buffs/debuffs or a combination of those.

1) Load Ayane trust
2) use my strongest WS with her engaged on a trash mob to make her "learn" the WS I will use
3) From there on Ayane will try to open up with a WS that will create a SC after I use my WS (until I use a different WS myself)
4) From there you proceed to let yourself and Ayane get enough TP. Once you have 1000+ Ayane will try to open for you. Then you follow with your WS and if you're lucky WS damage + SC damage will be over 30k

To help you with that you can use King of Hearts who will use Dia3 on your current target. Qultada can in theory help by making that into a Dia4 if his CD for quick draw is up, but I normally send Qultada away because more often than not he will either break my SC or deal too much damage to the Transcended Target...

On some jobs like SAM and DNC you can open the SC with the related special abilities, but of course here we're talking about BLU.
I guess you could try to do the same with some spell and Chain Affinity, but I'm afraid that might end up dealing too much damage.

I am blu solo SC with swords. I want to be able to SC with swords (not spells). 30K magic burst is the obejective i am trying to accomplish.

I worded it confusing I suppose. My goal of this thread question is to skillchain with swords and create a 30K MB.

no trusts/and solo
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-17 11:28:10
Link | Citer | R

i think the answer is cdc>req and burst affinity floe..

trying to brainstorm the best two swords to use.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-17 11:31:55
Link | Citer | R

deleted because I misread. gave advice for 30k ws not 30k burst
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-17 11:46:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

1) Load Ayane trust

I am blu solo SC with swords. I want to be able to SC with swords (not spells). 30K magic burst is the obejective i am trying to accomplish.

I worded it confusing I suppose. My goal of this thread question is to skillchain with swords and create a 30K MB.

no trusts/and solo

I am terrible at telling the whole story I swear!

I DUO canteens with a thief bud. He takes off one direction doing OBJs and getting detritus.. I want to be as useful as possible on BLU. So I usually handle the cure objective/15k non burst/3-step/and the 30k MB... all while staying in his party.

What's the best swords to use to do...
1) cdc>req so that i can burst floe?
2) 3-step skillchain on a non trans mob.

Goal is minimal DMG to hit the objectives.
By Nariont 2019-09-17 11:53:07
Link | Citer | R

I typically did my burst/wsd obj on trans just doing the ws locked in my dt set. Of you got the acc for it just get some lowbie 75 and below swords i guess, swap to nuke weapons on mb.

As for multi-step burning -> shining blade is a simple looping sc to do if i remember right
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-17 12:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Thanks!
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-18 15:24:55
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity what's the fastest HTBF that BLU can solo (real solo, trusts only) with ease, without relying too much on luck or lightning fast reflexes?
On which difficulty I wonder, VD probably out of touch, maybe something on D? Tenzen?

Not sure what would be the easiest to solo honestly.
By tyalangan 2019-09-18 15:27:33
Link | Citer | R

For me tenzen. I’ve seen sironeko solo levi in like 2min total on VD I’ve just never done avatars. So probably Levi.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-18 15:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Avatars are an odd ball, if you can get the rhythm/pace of the proccing right, I think D can be fine.
But you absolutely need to do that.
In my limited attempts the issue wasn't surving myself but letting the trusts survive, and without constant proccing there's no surviving on D or higher.

Tenzen I should try, you mean on D? Or VD?
Wouldn't VD be a challenge acc wise for solo? I dunno haven't tried that BC in years.
The only dangerous thing is Tenzen's SP2 where you have to turn around, other than that you just go all the way out, right?
How do you handle the 3 Tarus since u can't sleep them when solo?
By tyalangan 2019-09-18 15:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Avatars are an odd ball, if you can get the rhythm/pace of the proccing right, I think D can be fine.
But you absolutely need to do that.
In my limited attempts the issue wasn't surving myself but letting the trusts survive, and without constant proccing there's no surviving on D or higher.

Tenzen I should try, you mean on D? Or VD?
Wouldn't VD be a challenge acc wise for solo? I dunno haven't tried that BC in years.
The only dangerous thing is Tenzen's SP2 where you have to turn around, other than that you just go all the way out, right?
How do you handle the 3 Tarus since u can't sleep them when solo?

If you want, go watch Sironeko on youtube. Tons of BLU solo videos which you can watch his process and how he solo’s HTBF solo.

Others that frequent this BC more than me can chime in but I do it on VD. You probably need Tizona as I run with Tenebral Crush. You can Dream Flower and Silent Storm the Taru’s.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-18 15:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Oh wow, really now... that's interesting.
By Draylo 2019-09-18 16:11:49
Link | Citer | R

I've seen his videos for a while, impressive. Sadly nobody even watches them, one of the main reasons I stopped putting effort into making those videos. A lot of luck and effort goes into solos and this game barely gets views for content on youtube lol. He doesn't actually explain anything though, and his vids are all in JP but can glean info on what he uses I guess.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-09-18 16:14:53
Link | Citer | R

ACC in VD isn't really an issue, and shadows work exceptionally well.
Tenzen does a couple SPs. First one he'll do is Yaegasumi, which just means stop WS'ing for the duration. If a WS charged up from that happens to not hit a shadow, it can hurt, so I like to be in hybrid gear until that's off.

His second SP is sort of a combo of Meikyo Shisui and Invincible, which is dangerous if he gets a SC off...but he doesn't move while it's up. So, you just scootch out of melee range once he activates it. Since hate will be firmly planted on you, he'll just stand there for the duration. Once he starts moving (or uses a rice ball) it's done, and you can finish him off.

I do that BC a lot, but triboxed with BRD and GEO...which pretty well trivializes it. Solo VD is slower, but as mentioned, Silent Storm combined with sleep still largely locks down the Taru. The fight might just take long enough that you need to worry about reapplying them.
As they only seem to take damage via DoT, you shouldn't have to worry about waking them with spells used for added effects.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-09-18 17:27:45
Link | Citer | R

If you want to avoid Cherukki getting a lucky paralyga off, you can run with Dream Flower, Entomb, and Silent Storm. Start fight with Silent Storm which unresisted will 5 minute silence on the Black Mage Taru. Then immediately follow with Dream Flower for the Ranger and White Mage. Go to town DD'ing Tenzen until sleep is about to wear and then Entomb, then give that a little bit of time and re-sleep.

Keep up fresh Occultation and he shouldn't be able to land a single WS. Like others said, during first 1hr animation, stop WSing and just TP. After you see the second 1hr animation run about 5+ yalms away and he'll just stand there. You can usually use this time to rebuff or re-disable the Taru with either Entomb or Dream Flower, whichever is not going to have no effect.

Hopefully you can kill before the 5 minutes is up, otherwise things can get dicey, especially if you don't have Tizona as your MP is probably in the tank after Occultation spam during Tenzen. So you'll likely want to either use King of Hearts for the Refresh II and Haste II without needing to spend MP on them, or set Battery Charge and Retinal Glare (Conserve MP trait)

Old video of solo D on trusts
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2019-09-18 18:11:26
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
If you want to avoid Cherukki getting a lucky paralyga off, you can run with Dream Flower, Entomb, and Silent Storm. Start fight with Silent Storm which unresisted will 5 minute silence on the Black Mage Taru. Then immediately follow with Dream Flower for the Ranger and White Mage. Go to town DD'ing Tenzen until sleep is about to wear and then Entomb, then give that a little bit of time and re-sleep.

Keep up fresh Occultation and he shouldn't be able to land a single WS. Like others said, during first 1hr animation, stop WSing and just TP. After you see the second 1hr animation run about 5+ yalms away and he'll just stand there. You can usually use this time to rebuff or re-disable the Taru with either Entomb or Dream Flower, whichever is not going to have no effect.

Hopefully you can kill before the 5 minutes is up, otherwise things can get dicey, especially if you don't have Tizona as your MP is probably in the tank after Occultation spam during Tenzen. So you'll likely want to either use King of Hearts for the Refresh II and Haste II without needing to spend MP on them, or set Battery Charge and Retinal Glare (Conserve MP trait)

Old video of solo D on trusts

Great advice and agree with all of the above. Used to do Tenzen VD solo on BLU with trusts back when RMEA 119 upgrades came out before switching to Levi VD. For Tenzen, my best runs back then we’re about 4 minutes or so, can probably clear it faster now. The key is landing silent storm at the start, getting AM3 up with Tizona, and then watching for 1 hr animations. Keep Occultation up. And yeah, definitely need high dps because the longer the fight goes on for, the more hectic it gets with Tarus waking up. For the start, I’d use occultation w 600+ blu skill w Iris equipped before engaging to maximize shadows: he will switch to bow mode before he takes out all shadows, so you can save time by not having to put up occultation again until the end of Bow mode. Little things like that can help maximize dps and clear time to make the fight a lot smoother.
By oyama 2019-09-18 19:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Once you get the hang of it, Levi on VD is an almost trivial solo for decently geared BLU/RUN before you even get any DREAMs.

Pull him to where the path and circle platform meet. Once you've swung at him, move to the platform side and trusts stay on path side.

Have the right trusts (at least ulmia, AoE JA healer like selhteus, and a cureskin healer), and keep them behind the avatar so they don't get hit with Grand Fall, and run from Waterja so they don't get hit with that either.

Proc his first move or spell, starting with magic proc (yellow !!) to remove his PDT. I usually aggro pull him and Flash him when he does something. Proc the other 2 next.

Stand 4ish+ yalms away from him since Grand Fall is centered on you and your trusts can get hit if you're too close.
Keep shadows up. Cure+Occultation after Waterja hits if you don't outrange or interrupt it.

/RUN stuff. Be mindful of your defensive buffs (tusk, vallation, scherzo, cureskin) and hp and learn when to swap into DT set for Grand Fall vs when to let scherzo+skin+val eat it to keep dps up. CDC spam. Reproc after Astral Flow. Win.
[+]
 Seraph.Ryman
Serveur: Seraph
user: ryman
By Seraph.Ryman 2019-09-24 23:48:59
Link | Citer | R

Looking for BiS gear set for anvil lightning. Any ideas.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-29 08:42:26
Link | Citer | R

Just to tie off on this. Sequence/Blurred Sword+1 works perfect on trans in regular TP gear. Burst affinity before you skillchain. Once cdc>req is done for darkness.. Toggle into naegling/maxentius for spectralfloe burst. hits 50-55k every time.
By SimonSes 2019-09-29 08:46:20
Link | Citer | R

Just to tie off on this. Sequence/Blurred Sword+1 works perfect on trans in regular TP gear. Burst affinity before you skillchain. Once cdc>req is done for darkness.. Toggle into naegling/maxentius for spectralfloe burst. hits 50-55k every time.

Maxentius/KajaClub if you already doing something like this, me thinks.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-29 08:57:09
Link | Citer | R

Yea i'm sure at some point ill swap out naegling. It just works for now and it's a slow ambu month for us on fenrir lol. It hits 50K+ everytime as is so ill grab a kaja club down the road.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2019-10-04 17:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Looking into coming back and getting up to speed.
Anyone have some sets using some of the new gear?
Should I still be using Adhemar+1/herc or do we have something else now for melee and etc?
By Viciouss 2019-10-04 17:13:54
Link | Citer | R

The Lilith fight gave us a great set for DT, but other than that, its still Adhemar for DPS.
 Phoenix.Tearxx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Tearxx
By Phoenix.Tearxx 2019-10-06 00:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
The Lilith fight gave us a great set for DT, but other than that, its still Adhemar for DPS.

What about with AM3 up?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-10-06 01:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Looking into coming back and getting up to speed.
Anyone have some sets using some of the new gear?
Should I still be using Adhemar+1/herc or do we have something else now for melee and etc?

Still Adhemar. BLU has been largely frozen out of gear for balancing reasons.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-10-06 05:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Partially true, but for AM3 Malignance feet/legs/head instead of Herculean feet/Samnuha legs/adhemar bonnet provides tons of defensive stats while maintaining higher TP gain without SAM roll and almost identical TP gain with SAM roll. So while its not a DPS gain, it's almost 0 (you lose slightly on white damage, but Tizona/thibron has very little white damage to WS ratio anyway) DPS loss with massive defensive gain.
[+]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2019-10-06 12:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Herculean head 12% fast cast with normal stones
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-10-08 03:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Does either INT or MND affect magic accuracy for blue magic spells?
By geigei 2019-10-08 03:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
Does either INT or MND affect magic accuracy for blue magic spells?
Nope.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 369 370 371 ... 445 446 447