The Beast Within -- A Guide To Blue Mage

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 365 366 367 ... 445 446 447
By SimonSes 2019-06-17 01:22:09
Link | Citer | R

Lamian ambuscade was about movement tho and that has huge delay and that was fast tp move. Most aoe damage tp moves and debuffs are slower and you have more than enough time to toggle meva set.

I cant tell you about getting hate on white wind, because i uave never been in a situation where I would spam it since I got Pinga pieces and now I havent been playing for 2 weeks and I will probably take a several weeks break, because of summer and too much family and work time.
By DaneBlood 2019-06-17 07:35:29
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Depending on how far you are from the server i have experience others and myself struggling to react in time. the lamian ambuscade comes to mind for example and they aren't the only case.

I know this is a hard concept for you since our last debate.
But just because you can't pull it off, aka is struggling to react in time, it off does not mean others can't.

I am having a really hard time taking things you say seriously on blue considering how adamant you are that making 12 mill in gain exp on blue was a "pipe dream"

You arguments constantly seem to basically fall down not believing other can do better than what you are currently doing and denying any experience other playes are handing to you

You have also clearly admitted that you and your friends you roll with are having a hard time staying focused for a long time.
Again things that does not apply to every other persons.

TL:DR
For someone admitting that what other ppl do pretty regularly is a pipedream for him, and that his friends cant stay focused. Is trying to teach other the limitation of blue. Might just be showing his own limitations instead.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-06-17 08:13:13
Link | Citer | R

This remind me of Titan EX on FFXIV. Shitters who died to plumes would always be like "laaaaag" and such while others who clearly knew they reacted one frame too slow simply didn't say anything.

Lamia Ambuscade was totally in the same ballpark. You could easily tell when you were one frame too slow and the timing even on VD was "lenient" enough that server distance was completely irrelevant.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-06-28 18:17:45
Link | Citer | R

What are peoples' hybrid sets looking like? Having a hard time deciding how much DPS I want to give up for PDT in situations that call for it.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-06-29 20:44:31
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-29 21:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
This remind me of Titan EX on FFXIV. Shitters who died to plumes would always be like "laaaaag" and such while others who clearly knew they reacted one frame too slow simply didn't say anything.

Lamia Ambuscade was totally in the same ballpark. You could easily tell when you were one frame too slow and the timing even on VD was "lenient" enough that server distance was completely irrelevant.
I mean, not really. Don't still have the screens QQ. But you can get a no effect message and still get effected. Just like when a cone attack hits people clearly not in the cone because the mob turned.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-03 14:13:08
Link | Citer | R

How updated are the sets that are on the front page. I see that they have Relic +3 and stuff, but some of the TP sets seem weird based on the spell loadouts the OP has.

What level of DW from spells do blus usually use @1200+ JP. I was thinking DW 2(4), so I could use either Adhemar +1 body or Kirin belt (if I ever get it) to cap delay. The Zahak reborn loadout seems to be DW 3(5) though.

Is there an updated best spell list for pure DD?
By Boshi 2019-07-03 14:35:20
Link | Citer | R

@1200+ JP you set
Delta Thurst (2 blue points) & Barbed Crescent (2 blu points) to get Dual Wield set.

with the +2 level trait bonus this gives you DWIII with just 4 points taken up.
This means you need dw+11 to cap.

standard methods are:
1.)
adehemar body +1 & suppo for dw+11

2.)
if you have a [really good ta+4 herc body] or DM herc body [stp10 qa3+ ect] you can use
reiki+eabani for dw+11

~~~

additional if you have just Erratic on (MG down and no other buffs)
31 DW needed
body+eabani+suppo+dw10cape+reiki
6+4+5+10+7= 32 DW
By oyama 2019-07-03 14:46:23
Link | Citer | R

The gear sets and spell loadouts don't necessarily go together, you have to adjust as needs require. The "best" spell list for pure DD depends on what gear you have and what/how you're fighting. Regarding setting DW 3/4, you just have to decide whether whatever trait or spell you're giving up to set another tier of DW is worth whatever piece of DW armor you can then swap out for having it. Since Adh+1 body is already BiS, it's nice to set DW4 and not have to worry about any other slots for DW, but you might need the points for something else.

My DW3 set focused on ACC and DEX, assumes CDC spam:

And my max-acc DW4 set that assumes Thibron offhand and Expi/Savage spam:

Both are for pure DD on alliance content.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-07-03 14:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
How updated are the sets that are on the front page. I see that they have Relic +3 and stuff, but some of the TP sets seem weird based on the spell loadouts the OP has.

Sets are still pretty current. What it's behind on is accounting for newer weapons and trends - offhand TP bonus sword, Ambuscade/Odin stuff, etc.

Gear sets in that post are assuming DWIII. Spells sets tend to go for that as well. The Zahak Reborn one, as mentioned, is simply setting DWI with the fewest set points possible, and netting DWIII.

Either way, those are good bases to start from. The -best- spell set is likely going to be the one you tweak to best suit the situation and gear you have.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-03 15:53:02
Link | Citer | R

I understand how the mechanics of the traits work, my issue is that the TP sets don't seem to reflect the OPs choices for spell loadouts. His Best Spell set, would give DW4, but his dream Tizona TP set has Adhemar Jacket +1 and Suppanomimi, which is +5 more DW than necessary at capped magic haste.

Quote:
Zahak Reborn (Highest Tier DD Spec)
Point Requirement: 80 and 1200 JP gift
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Diffusion Ray
Sickle Slash
Tail Slap
Sinker Drill
Paralyzing Triad
Nature’s Meditation
Anvil Lightning
Erratic Flutter
Magic Fruit
Tenebral Crush

Nevermind, you're right, I just miscalculated the tier.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-07-03 18:39:37
Link | Citer | R

What is the rough learn rate on the Vagary boss spells?
By Viciouss 2019-07-03 18:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
What is the rough drop rate on the Vagary boss spells?

I got mine from Wildskeeper Reives, they used the spell every time. Most of them 1/1, a couple like Crashing Thunder took a few more attempts.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-07-03 18:42:07
Link | Citer | R

WKR =/= Vagary
By Viciouss 2019-07-03 18:43:55
Link | Citer | R

ah, my bad
By Viciouss 2019-07-03 18:44:27
Link | Citer | R

I cant remember which is which now.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-07-03 18:47:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't think they're any better or worse than any other spell. Just picked up Cesspool and Tearing Gust in 2 tries each without AF hands.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-07-03 18:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Hmm. Well, I've done 4 full clears so far with no spells, so hopefully my luck improves.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-04 01:34:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't think spell lear rate has different % depending on the target? I assumed it's the same for everything.

I recently went through learning all BLU spells (I'm currently 195/196) and I can say with +3 hands I learned the large majority of spells within 2 tries.

On a bunch of spells (4? 5?) it took me a PLETHORA of attempts. We're talking about more than 60 attempts here. Like the one from pots, over 2.5hrs of attempts.

WKRs I learned most within 1-2 tries, a couple tooke me more.
Like ~8 for Crashing Thunder and over 15 for Carcharian Verve.

Vagary wise I went 1/1 on one, 1/3 on another and currently 0/2 on the last one I still need. (Cruel Joke)

Question:
When a single monster can make you learn multiple moves, can you learn both on the same round? Or is there a cap on "Max one learned spell per target" or something like that?
Tried it on multiple targets during my learning experience but I never learned more than one spell at a time.
Still, small numbers so I wouldn't dare to say if it's just a coincidence or not.
By Shichishito 2019-07-04 01:49:15
Link | Citer | R

learning rate is probably the same as for regular spells/mobs, its just a failed attempt has more of a impact cause you need a group of 3+ and work all the way back to the boss for another chance.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-07-04 01:56:46
Link | Citer | R

"all the way back to the boss"? You can learn Vagary spells from the new special battlefields they added several months ago.

There you only fight the 3 vagary bosses, one at a time, with no rewards other than BLU spells and Empy reforge unlock.

To enter you need the Vagary KI that you get with the R/E item dropped by the fomors in Outer Ra'kaznar.
What's the name of the KI? Prototype Sigil Pearl? I forgot.

Please note that ALL players wanting to enter the BC will need the KI, which is consumed on entry.

Not sure if those bosses are scaled down compared to the ones inside the proper Vagary zone.
I can tell you the damage they deal is high. I went with 2 friends and their 2 mules and while we didn't struggle (of course lol) there was a lot of healing necessary, especially when you're holding back trying to force the right TP move.

I think I would have serious issues if I tried to go there completely solo relying on trusts alone.
Possible, but hard.
Never really tried though so I dunno.
Maybe with multiple AoE healers? Like Apururu + something else? (Selh'teus or Prishe2), then a tank (August or AAEV), a RDM for Refresh (Koru-Moru?) then I dunno, Qultada for Chaos Roll?
Damage shouldn't be an issue once the TP move has been used and you go all out.

Haven't tested if they're susceptible to Sudden Lunge or not.
By Shichishito 2019-07-04 11:22:10
Link | Citer | R

you are right, forgot about the vagary update. do you still need 3 a group of 3 to enter?
By Nariont 2019-07-04 14:48:58
Link | Citer | R

Can enter solo though some of those bosses are awful to do solo
By DaneBlood 2019-07-05 18:52:20
Link | Citer | R

is kaj /nibiru still considered better than nibriu/nibiru for blue cleaving ?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-06 01:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Think Stamos tested it back about 10 pages ago. Kaja/Nibiru was best for all besides Spectral Floe.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-07-06 08:37:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Max/Kaja is BiS for everything besides Spectral Floe. It is a huge upgrade for a few spells like Subduction.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-07-06 10:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Question:
When a single monster can make you learn multiple moves, can you learn both on the same round? Or is there a cap on "Max one learned spell per target" or something like that?
Tried it on multiple targets during my learning experience but I never learned more than one spell at a time.
Still, small numbers so I wouldn't dare to say if it's just a coincidence or not.

I have learned about 75% of blue mage spells as well with never seeing more than one learned at a time. I would guess that you cannot learn more than one at a time per monster.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-07-08 09:23:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to build a Requiescat set for my blu, and I'm wondering about whether using 2 pieces of Carmine +1 path B over Jhakri similar to this set.

ItemSet 367610

Do you just lose too much attack in the transition. Is that why Jhakri instead even with the extra ~30ish MND?
By tyalangan 2019-07-08 10:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

WKRs I learned most within 1-2 tries, a couple tooke me more.
Like ~8 for Crashing Thunder and over 15 for Carcharian Verve.

This is relieving to hear. I’m on Tchakka #5 having him do 5-6 CV before killing and haven’t gained the spell.
By Boshi 2019-07-08 12:01:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm trying to build a Requiescat set for my blu, and I'm wondering about whether using 2 pieces of Carmine +1 path B over Jhakri similar to this set.

ItemSet 367610

Do you just lose too much attack in the transition. Is that why Jhakri instead even with the extra ~30ish MND?

Relic+3
First Page 2 3 ... 365 366 367 ... 445 446 447