The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 344 345 346 ... 445 446 447
 Fenrir.Snaps
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-10-04 17:43:03
Link | Citer | R

afaik WSD is calculated using base 10. Bases where 2 is a factor are only used in a select few cases.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-10-04 18:16:20
Link | Citer | R

For equal amounts of WSDMG and Crit rate to be equal when they both apply to every hit, Critical hits would have to double the damage you do. This does not happen unless your attack is ridiculously low (to the point that you probably should not be meleeing the mob with the buffs you have), so WSDMG will always beat crit rate in anywhere close to equal amounts.
By oyama 2018-10-04 18:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Does Ilabrat+Begrudging beat Epona's taking either of one those slots with Almace+Seq? I thought MA was pretty valuable for CDC (with no Tizona AM3) because of ftp transfer.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-10-04 21:59:32
Link | Citer | R

So this glitch or the correction SE made to WSdmg proccing on all hits is permanent? i recall reading they know about it because someone in the OF mentioned it, did they answer its ok this way?

I dont want to change anything until something is clear D:
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 22:17:08
Link | Citer | R

Theyre not going to say anything.

Working as intended until ninja nerfed. (fixed?) (re-broken?) whatever you want to call it. WSD should've worked on every hit since the begining.
By Boshi 2018-10-04 23:19:34
Link | Citer | R

oyama said: »
Does Ilabrat+Begrudging beat Epona's taking either of one those slots with Almace+Seq? I thought MA was pretty valuable for CDC (with no Tizona AM3) because of ftp transfer.

hey i just went thru it really fast before with tiz/alm, I cleaned up the post i did before and got a bit more detailed.
Epona's was good for almace mainhand yea.
By SimonSes 2018-10-05 01:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
WSD + lower crit rate = more static (with chance for highest spike)

Stacking crit = more often spike = higher on paper average

From several of your comments I see you don't really like to go into details. Like you wanted to eyeball tests to check is WSD works for all hits. That's ok for some thing, but not really for other.

You wrote that statement like it's a fact when it's not. Even post above you Boshi shows that WSD produce higher avg in most slots, so I don't understand why you keep insisting on your you guessed statement instead of actually go and verify it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-05 03:58:30
Link | Citer | R

It's just the way spreadsheets work, lower lows higher highs. always been that way. undervalues fotia (not for cdc) overvalues multiattack.

Blu is what you use when you're underbuffed.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So now, the universal truth, for ALL ws, is add WSD.

CDC with 50% WSD probably does some disgusting numbers...
By Pantafernando 2018-10-05 05:27:52
Link | Citer | R

Whats that about this glitch?
Ive been away so i never heard about that.
By Nariont 2018-10-05 05:52:03
Link | Citer | R

Currently WSD is applying to every hit of a WS
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-05 16:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
afaik WSD is calculated using base 10. Bases where 2 is a factor are only used in a select few cases.

nothing in this game is calculated using a decimal system, they just write it that way in the description.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-05 17:25:16
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
If i had to -guess- I would assume ishvara is something like 4/256 rather than 5/256 making it give only around ~1.5625%wsd. higher wsd# like 10wsd
This appears to be wrong. I went out and did a few asuran to test.
No weapon so 59 base damage with capped fSTR. 95 str and 96 vit gives 28 from WSC. only wsd I had was ear.

(59 + 28) * 3.5 = 304
304 * 1.05 = 319.

I got a 325 for my first single hit asuran.

304 * (1 + 4 / 256) = 308
319 * (1 + 4 / 256) = 323

This doesn't rule out 5/256, though. It could still be base 2 instead, so I'll keep going until I get something out of an expected range.
By Boshi 2018-10-05 19:28:09
Link | Citer | R

You’re probably ight then.
By Takisan 2018-10-05 20:29:26
Link | Citer | R

Boshi said: »
Messing around on the spreadsheet very quickly I got:

head/hands:
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > adh+1 head & jhak+2 hands
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > dex10wsd5 x2
adh+1 head & adh+1 hands > dex10wsd5 head & jhak+2 hands
these all end up holding true if you're getting set bonus with adh+1 feet too, i guess head is too good.

ear:
ishvara slightly beats mache+1 with low wsd, once you get a decent amount mache+1 x2 wins again.
Moonshade loses

body:
AF+3 body crushes

ring:
Epaminonda's Ring beating both ilabrat at begrudging.
Almace:
capped att: epa w/ epona>begrudging>ilabrat
uncapped att: epa w/ epona>(barely)>ilabrat>begrudging
Tizona:
capped att: epa w/ epona>begrudging>ilabrat
uncapped att: epa w/ ilabrat>begrudging>epona

back:
dex30/attacc/wsd10 is king.

legs:
relic legs beating perfect samnuha
relic legs > dex/wsd herc

for feet:
The adhemar feet seem to be made more competitive with this?
(for herc dex15/wsd4>dex10/wsd5 by like 10-30 dmg it's never a big deal im using 10/5 as base #)

attack capped: herc10/5 > theroid > adh+1
attack uncapped: herc10/5**> adh+1 >> theroid
**10/5herc was needing about ~16 attack to match at uncapped att

ItemSet 361829

Is there an updated spreadsheet that reflects this new change in ws dmg calculation? If no what would need to be changed in the current spreadsheet to account for ws dmg now applying to all hits instead of just the first?
By DaneBlood 2018-10-06 03:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Quick help for CDC ws set wanted

ammo="Jukukik Feather",
head="Aya. Zucchetto +2",
body="Ayanmo Corazza +2",
hands="Jhakri Cuffs +2",
legs="Aya. Cosciales +2",
feet="Aya. Gambieras +2",
neck="Rancor Collar",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
left_ring="Ayanmo Ring",
right_ring="Epona's Ring",
back={ name="Rosmerta's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}},

- currently farming organs for fortia neck
- I have adhamr NQ hands with dex/agi/atk. should i use that instead ofr ws (jhakri has WSD7%
- i have NQ mache earrings an brutal. Should i replace one of the earrings ?
- i have rajas and petrovs rings. replace any of the rings ?
- cape will be replaced with WSD10% instead of crit rate

Any quick/cheap tweaks i can make to improve the set while working on more adhemar and herculain / af gear ?
By Ricon 2018-10-08 12:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Just work towards the sets on the main page, there isn’t a magic set that’s “bis when you can’t be bis”.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-10-11 17:14:11
Link | Citer | R

As long as this bug/glitch/intended change is active, absolutely. It's still good to balance some MA and crit damage, but WSD is definitely something that should be utilized.

Boshi's posted set would be the ideal at the moment. 40% WSD while still keeping decent crit rate and MA.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-10-11 23:58:57
Link | Citer | R

The legs would likely lose to perfect Samnuha, but the body would probably still be your best option.

The only changes I'd make to Savage sets would be to add Epaminondas's ring and the JSE neck.

Also, take into consideration that Fotia belt is a better option over Prosilio when counting the TP return proc.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2018-10-12 08:21:44
Link | Citer | R

Was BiS before the WS damage issue, at least according to spreadsheet.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-12 09:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Going through my blue sets havent updated them in approx a year looking for improvements on

BLU Macc (also use the same for BLU Stun (sudden lunge))
ItemSet 362080

mapped to these blue_magic_maps.MagicAccuracy = S{
'1000 Needles','Absolute Terror','Actinic Burst','Auroral Drape','Awful Eye','Bad Breath', 'Blank Gaze','Blistering Roar','Blitzstrahl','Blood Drain','Blood Saber','Cesspool','Chaotic Eye','Cimicine Discharge','Cold Wave','Corrosive Ooze','Cruel Joke','Demoralizing Roar','Digest',
'Dream Flower','Enervation','Feather Tickle','Filamented Hold','Frightful Roar','Frost Breath','Geist Wall','Hecatomb Wave','Infrasonics','Jettatura','Light of Penance','Lowing','Mind Blast','Mortal Ray','MP Drainkiss','Osmosis','Radiant Breath','Reaving Wind','Sandspin','Sandspray','Sheep Song','Soporific','Sound Blast','Stinking Gas','Sub-zero Smash','Temporal Shift','Thunderbolt','Venom Shell','Voracious Trunk','Yawn', 'Atra. Libations'

BLU Buff @ 617 skill
ItemSet 362082
sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].SkillBasedBuff
'Diamondhide','Magic Barrier','Occultation','Plasma Charge','Reactor Cool'

I thought there was some tiers? iirc something at 600 skill?
By Nariont 2018-10-12 09:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Occulation shadow every 50 skill i think was the only tiered thing you dont naturally cap already
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-12 09:54:43
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Occulation shadow every 50 skill i think was the only tiered thing you dont naturally cap already
ok so I could drop out some skill to 600 and basically not lose anything, and gain an inventory slot
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-12 10:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Magic Barrier doesn't cap and doesn't have tiers.

Personally, I prefer flooring Occultation's recast rather than maximizing the shadow count.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-12 10:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Where does Mirage Stole +2 (25/25) play in TP sets?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-12 10:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Likely want to split your Sudden Lunge set off into a different one, since things like Almaric +1 and Regal lack physical ACC.

For pure MACC, AF+3 head/legs win out, especially with the set bonus.

For Sudden Lunge/etc, Ayanmo +2 is likely the better starting point (though I'm not 100% on what stat the MACC component may key on). In general though, it's got more DEX for ACC, better defense, better recast, and if the Stun effect keys on AGI like the WSC does, more AGI towards that.

Carmine Mask +1 works well in that, if not for general MACC as well, since it also works in a nice chunk of Fast Cast.

To a fair point, it's probably more a matter of where you want to see improvement. I think you can improve on recasts most significantly, but that may be a moot point for you.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-10-12 11:04:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »

You should actually take few pieces from your buff set to your macc set to improve it :)

Relic +3 head is better than Jhakri. 37 acc/macc and 17 Blue magic skill beats 44 acc/macc.
Relic +3 feet are better than Jhakri for same reason. 36 acc/macc and 12 blue magic skill beats 42 acc/macc.
Amalric body is best macc, but it lacks acc, which might eb bad for sudden lunge. Personally I use af+3 for 65acc, 15 macc and 24 blue magic skill (stats with bonus from set with regal earring).
For the same reason i use Jharki cuffs +2. They have both acc and macc and macc is only 2 less than Regal.
Relic +3 legs has same acc and macc as Jhakri but Relic +3 legs has obvious other uses, so are in your inventory anyway.
I also use Eschan stone because it has +15 acc and only 3 macc less, but im overcaping acc by a lot at this point probably.

EDIT: This was more for Lunge than pure macc set. Isiolia pointed out pure macc improvement pretty well tho :)
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-10-12 11:10:38
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

You should actually take few pieces from your buff set to your macc set to improve it :)

Relic +3 head is better than Jhakri. 37 acc/macc and 17 Blue magic skill beats 44 acc/macc.
Relic +3 feet are better than Jhakri for same reason. 36 acc/macc and 12 blue magic skill beats 42 acc/macc.
Amalric body is best macc, but it lacks acc, which might eb bad for sudden lunge. Personally I use af+3 for 65acc, 15 macc and 24 blue magic skill (stats with bonus from set with regal earring).
For the same reason i use Jharki cuffs +2. They have both acc and macc and macc is only 2 less than Regal.
Relic +3 legs has same acc and macc as Jhakri but Relic +3 legs has obvious other uses, so are in your inventory anyway.
I also use Eschan stone because it has +15 acc and only 3 macc less, but im overcaping acc by a lot at this point probably.

EDIT: This was more for Lunge than pure macc set. Isiolia pointed out pure macc improvement pretty well tho :)

Thanks there are alot of blurred lines with these sets. appreciate the feedback
First Page 2 3 ... 344 345 346 ... 445 446 447