Link | Citer | R

There is many posted since then. Even one without trusts lol
 Odin.Slore
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-06-24 14:26:32
Link | Citer | R

The one without trusts is the one im talking about on the discussion page. He is so pre-buffed it's not even funny.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-06-24 14:30:47
Link | Citer | R

That's just a braver's drink? He is not crazy pre buffed. He just has different icons and is /run. Only thing he may be prebuffed with is trust pro/shell, which is smart anyway
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Carrotchan 2018-06-24 14:51:14
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Slore said: »
The one without trusts is the one im talking about on the discussion page. He is so pre-buffed it's not even funny.
huh?

i mean the song he's playing in the video is garbage but that's about it regarding songs
By Asura.Iminiillusions 2018-06-24 14:59:39
Link | Citer | R

/RUN and using BLU buffs and temps, tends to fill up your status bar. I'd do a little research next time, and maybe actually watch the video. There's very little that you don't see.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-24 15:08:21
Link | Citer | R

if you ask me, someone sounds a little...Slore about losing something
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-24 15:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Amalric +1 is not even expensive anymore. And, the Abjuration mobs are all soloable.

I still stand by what I wrote earlier: by the time you can solo them, those pieces are superfluous. If you can do all that in order to get the +1, then did you really need the +1 all along?

Even if we assume that gil is a non-issue, not every server has Amalric +1 collecting dust on the auction house shelves. So unless you have friends who can server hop, or you yourself can server hop, then it is presumptuous to say that they are easily attainable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-06-24 15:23:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm on Leviathan(aka very low populated server) lol and pretty sure there is people on all servers that will buy/sell for a little mark up over Asura's prices on every server. Unless you're somehow against that idea.

This game has always been about slight dps increases, so "need" is subjective.
[+]
By Asura.Iminiillusions 2018-06-24 16:24:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mewwgoat said: »

probably another Spicyryan hater. Doesn't matter much. Spicy may be a douche at times, but he's a damned good player. One of the best I've ever met.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-06-24 16:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iminiillusions said: »

probably another Spicyryan hater. Doesn't matter much. Spicy may be a douche at times, but he's a damned good player. One of the best I've ever met.

I have no idea who that even is but I'm sure a lot of you people from Asura hop right on the jock. I never downplayed the video and I think it is a good solo. I have seen others I liked more without pre buffs but that's just my taste.

Now feel free to go back to your drama.
By Foxfire 2018-06-24 18:20:37
Link | Citer | R

the only "pre-buffing" he did was TP and pro/shell. what are you on about?

do you not cast haste and buffs on yourself before popping NMs?

just own up to making a mistake; it's not "misleading".

also re: nuking sets,

amalric +1 vs jhakri +2, I understand the argument regarding lack of haste and recast issues, but how do each compare in terms of raw power? I really haven't put any thought into making amalric+1 gear, but i don't think it'd be difficult to do (other than money concerns, which is just a matter of time)

in other words, where do you draw the line of worth in effort v. time?

trying to be ~slightly~ more useful for those odd cleave parties in dyna sandy.
[+]
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2018-06-24 19:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iminiillusions said: »

I have no idea who that even is but I'm sure a lot of you people from Asura hop right on the jock. I never downplayed the video and I think it is a good solo. I have seen others I liked more without pre buffs but that's just my taste.

Now feel free to go back to your drama.
you were literally jumping up AND down on his jock hollarin about buffs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-06-24 21:22:43
Link | Citer | R

4/5 Amalric +1 is 263 mab and 135 Int(40 mab from set bonus) with A/D/D/D

4/5 Jhakri +2 is 164 MAB and 171 Int
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-06-26 20:56:42
Link | Citer | R

In regards to the content in which recasts matter, I'd point to Dynamis D specifically if cleaving. Tenebral is obviously, far and away, the strongest spell for cleaving in a double dark weather zone, so the more often you're able to use it, the better. On the same hand, a lower recast on your elemental spells with CC associated with them (Entomb, Spectral, Anvil) is also extremely useful.

Jhakri +2 is more than fine. You can easily get away with using it in quite a lot of content. However, it has drawbacks compared to Amalric in terms of recast, defenses, and damage. Amalric +1 is listed in the set with the best gear because it's the best. The best isn't always easy to get or even something you need, but it's still the best.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-06-27 02:26:27
Link | Citer | R

What are your suggestions regarding Tempus Fugit +1 for belt in lieu of Hachirin-no-obi for Tenebral Crush in spamming situations?

I'm a little curious as you lose a ton of haste from being forced to swap out Herc Helm for hairpin. I've got a hunch that Obi wins during double weather or weather II, but It's also worth mentioning that Tempus would probably win when you don't have weather effects.

At any rate I think there are enough variables to justify delineating it in the guide's sets section
By Afania 2018-06-27 02:27:16
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The best isn't always easy to get

People with 3+ rows and all types of rema weapons on their profile complaining about pakecet drop difficulty or gil isn't very convincing anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-27 03:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
The best isn't always easy to get

People with 3+ rows and all types of rema weapons on their profile complaining about pakecet drop difficulty or gil isn't very convincing anyways.

Gear doesn't give points. Only weapons matter.

One of the many reasons the ranking system is fail.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-27 07:41:55
Link | Citer | R

In regards to the content in which recasts matter, I'd point to Dynamis D specifically if cleaving. Tenebral is obviously, far and away, the strongest spell for cleaving in a double dark weather zone, so the more often you're able to use it, the better. On the same hand, a lower recast on your elemental spells with CC associated with them (Entomb, Spectral, Anvil) is also extremely useful.

Jhakri +2 is more than fine. You can easily get away with using it in quite a lot of content. However, it has drawbacks compared to Amalric in terms of recast, defenses, and damage. Amalric +1 is listed in the set with the best gear because it's the best. The best isn't always easy to get or even something you need, but it's still the best.

Just to be clear, I am in no way arguing that Jhakri +2 is "better" -- my point was simply (as you said yourself) that it works just fine esp. when you have limited availability on Amalric +1. As for the recast timers in Dynamis D -- unless you are soloing (and you're not because it takes at least 3 people to enter), then chances are you are going to have support for your BLU. Unless you can one-shot with Tenebral Crush (I don't know; never tried cleaving in Dynamis D), you are going to need other spells anyway (Entomb and/or Dream Flower unless you have a BRD assisting) to avoid getting killed.

It would be nice to see some recast numbers, say with Erratic Flutter and double marches, to see how much faster Amalric +1 is over Jhakri +2. My understanding is that with recast timers, haste (magic + gear) and FC are not exactly additive like with pre-cast and are more likely multiplicative. Erratic Flutter by itself already cuts recast on Ten. Crush down to ~30s (from 60s) with full Jhakri +2. I will try to test these out to see if there is a significant difference.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-06-27 09:32:49
Link | Citer | R

They're not exactly wrong though, if looking at it in context of a guide. To be fair, I pretty well did what was mentioned - I got my abjurations for NQ and later HQ from dual boxing Pakecet. It's a viable enough option, but one will obviously not be doing that naked.
Incremental sets getting to the dream tier stuff are also key, and it's probably fair to say that the nuking ones in the guide are not especially logical with respect to progression.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-27 10:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Probably already answered somewhere but I am rolling with some +8INT 23mab/macc coladas (one dmg+15 other dmg+20)

Anyone know if this is better than Nibru or what the tipping point is for a MAB setup?
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-27 10:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
Probably already answered somewhere but I am rolling with some +8INT 23mab/macc coladas (one dmg+15 other dmg+20)

Anyone know if this is better than Nibru or what the tipping point is for a MAB setup?

A Path B Niburu Cudgel has: INT 11 +10 and MatkB 16 +15. Easiest way to test is to cast a few spells using each gearset.
By Afania 2018-06-27 11:50:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »

They're not exactly wrong though, if looking at it in context of a guide. To be fair, I pretty well did what was mentioned - I got my abjurations for NQ and later HQ from dual boxing Pakecet. It's a viable enough option, but one will obviously not be doing that naked.
Incremental sets getting to the dream tier stuff are also key, and it's probably fair to say that the nuking ones in the guide are not especially logical with respect to progression.

Set Progression in the guide is one thing - FFXI is not a vertical progression mmo. So it will be impossible to suggest sets progression in a perfectly logical way that works for everybody. How you climb gear ladder to the top will always depend on each individuals resources, connections, job spread.

Whether pakecet is soloable or not is completely different topic though. Even if some people has difficulty soloing it, they can just duo or trio or even make a full pt for it. The kind of player that would have difficulty getting it would be new players in ilv 117, definitely not established player with 3 full rows of Rema.

Basically, "soloing difficulty" is completely irrelevant to gear suggestion was my point, because pt is an option, you don't have to solo.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-06-27 15:11:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boogs said: »

Just to be clear, I am in no way arguing that Jhakri +2 is "better" -- my point was simply (as you said yourself) that it works just fine esp. when you have limited availability on Amalric +1. As for the recast timers in Dynamis D -- unless you are soloing (and you're not because it takes at least 3 people to enter), then chances are you are going to have support for your BLU. Unless you can one-shot with Tenebral Crush (I don't know; never tried cleaving in Dynamis D), you are going to need other spells anyway (Entomb and/or Dream Flower unless you have a BRD assisting) to avoid getting killed.

It would be nice to see some recast numbers, say with Erratic Flutter and double marches, to see how much faster Amalric +1 is over Jhakri +2. My understanding is that with recast timers, haste (magic + gear) and FC are not exactly additive like with pre-cast and are more likely multiplicative. Erratic Flutter by itself already cuts recast on Ten. Crush down to ~30s (from 60s) with full Jhakri +2. I will try to test these out to see if there is a significant difference.

2-3 nuking geared/spellset BLUs staggering CC AOEs and Crush should be able to annihilate any Divergence mob group (outside of Jeuno) without them being able to get more than 1-2 melee swings in. If you go this route, recasts would definitely matter, and actually matter more than if you were one-shotting, since you'd have pull time to cover cooldowns in that case.

As far as my personal testing goes, it works as expected for recasts.
* Haste+% > reduces recast by equal percentage. Same caps as combat haste apply here.
* FastCast+% > reduces recast by %/2.
** The above two terms are additive, and cap at the standard maximum reduction of -80%.

* Jhakri+2 5/5 = haste+6% (hands and feet both have zilch)
* Amalric+1 5/5 = haste+20%
** Comparing full sets, Amalric recasts will be 14% faster than Jhakri baseline.

There are minor adjustments that you can make to maintain capped gear haste for recasts while wearing haste deficient gear like Jhakri. There are many belt options with +6% or more that BLU can use, and can get as much as haste+15% from a Tempus Fugit+1 lol. Could also make a haste+10% Ambu cape. Could also swap in Hashishin Bazubands+1 for a whopping -17% recast on one piece (haste+3%, blue magic recast -14%) and the recast reduction applies in full on top of your midcast haste values, which can put you at recast-39% solely from gear. That means you would be fully capped w/ Flutter+MG/Haste1 at recast-80%. Just fill with FC+22% if you only have Flutter and want to maintain capped recast.

In situations where recast matters, I'd say best option would be 4/5 Amalric+1, empy+1 hands, and a haste+6% belt, since that puts you at recast-69% with Flutter up and FC+0%, and capped by adding any Haste1 equivalent or FC+22%, without sacrificing all that much in the exchange.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-27 15:40:51
Link | Citer | R

There's already a wiki page that explains recast calculation.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-27 17:26:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »

I hope you are not referring to the BG wiki page on spell recast. If so, you have clearly not read that page.

Quote:
Finally, several generic and job ability specific terms are applied. This section is still heavily under development, as there are many different job abilities that affect recast.

Keep in mind that the final and starting recasts are made to be 10 bits (similar to Flooring). Though SquareEnix goes to great lengths to keep their variable sizes small, they seem to take no issue with floating point operations. And it seems that nothing about these questions are optimized for processing speed. Apart from that, this also means that the order of operations essentially cannot be determined and that the above "1->2->3" is arbitrary.

On the other hand, if you have a different source, please do share.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Odin.Tinyattorney 2018-06-27 20:29:59
Link | Citer | R

5/5 Physical Potency and Magic Accuracy is what I have. I never use CA or BA anymore, and Monster Correlation isn't great.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-27 22:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

I hope you are not referring to the BG wiki page on spell recast. If so, you have clearly not read that page.

Quote:
Finally, several generic and job ability specific terms are applied. This section is still heavily under development, as there are many different job abilities that affect recast.

Keep in mind that the final and starting recasts are made to be 10 bits (similar to Flooring). Though SquareEnix goes to great lengths to keep their variable sizes small, they seem to take no issue with floating point operations. And it seems that nothing about these questions are optimized for processing speed. Apart from that, this also means that the order of operations essentially cannot be determined and that the above "1->2->3" is arbitrary.

On the other hand, if you have a different source, please do share.

None of those unknown/somewhat poorly understood factors are relevant to BLU. As far as BLU is concerned, the page is complete.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-06-28 02:12:11
Link | Citer | R

In the situation where you can't / won't spend the money on amalric +1, is there any reason why you wouldn't use the relic +3 legs instead of Jhakri +2?
First Page 2 3 ... 340 341 342 ... 445 446 447