Link | Citer | R

i'm just glad they're paying attention to blu
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-10 18:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Don't be fooled, its a Charlie-Brown-esk rouse just like when they said they were looking into the macc issue on certain unnamed spells!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-10 18:48:42
Link | Citer | R

p.s. probably going to end up adding a wand section eventually, with the realmrazer and flash nova buffs in addition to spells like subduction, DWing wands for easy access to high mdmg+ as well as retaining moderately potent weaponskills is a more attractive prospect on things where lower skill aren't a problem and actually warrants its own section at this point
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-10 18:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
p.s. probably going to end up adding a wand section eventually, with the realmrazer and flash nova buffs in addition to spells like subduction, DWing wands for easy access to high mdmg+ as well as retaining moderately potent weaponskills is a more attractive prospect on things where lower skill aren't a problem and actually warrants its own section at this point

BLU/RUN with Anahera/Gab has been quite fun and only slightly off damage from BLU/WAR (dual sword). It provides a lot more utility/spike damage and defense while sacrificing very little. A spreadsheet might show a larger difference, but in practice its very small (debuffs put on you don't affect timer related stuffs and are ready for use while you run to next mob). Its quite handy for all the delve bosses.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-10 19:00:02
Link | Citer | R

i could see it, the enspells make up for the loss of DA and then some, you're only really missing out on berserk
By kenshynofshiva 2014-07-11 08:19:34
Link | Citer | R

So I keep hearing subduction does crazy damage so far for me its been not that great so what setup is rocking the world if it is...
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-07-11 09:30:23
Link | Citer | R

Normal int nuking gear. The damage isn't crazy in one cast compared to stuff like charged whisker, but it has a fast cast time, essentially no recast time, and costs 27mp.

Ignoring the new HQ crafted rings, this should be about ideal:

ItemSet 325869
By Ravenn42 2014-07-11 11:22:40
Link | Citer | R

General question does Tizona completely change how Blue is played? I think it is time for me to make a mythic. Blue is my favorite job so it was my first choice. Does the bonus kick in enough where I can just spell spam? And is it a good choice over the other options? I have all jobs and was thinking koga but I am not concerned with winning parses. I like to solo stuff as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-07-11 16:20:39
Link | Citer | R

kenshynofshiva said: »
So I keep hearing subduction does crazy damage so far for me its been not that great so what setup is rocking the world if it is...

Its slightly weaker than retinal gaze (another quickly cast low mp spell), but recasts much quicker and the grav affect is very strong. Depending on your set and weapons, you should be btw 2-2.5k on damage.
Quote:
Sanguine Blade set would Aswang Sash/Dosis Tathlum beat out Penitent's Rope/Erlene's Notebook?
Also as an extension would Aswang Sash/Dosis Tathlum win out for nukes

The difference in damage btw any of that combination with be miniscule and things like dINT and choice of weapon (with +magic damage), and how much MAB you are casting in will tilt slightly one way or the other. In short, use whatever makes the best sense for inventory.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-11 16:40:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
In short, use whatever makes the best sense for inventory.

this.

i use erlene and penitent simply because i have no use for the other two for any other jobs, so not much point carrying them around. there's next to no difference in damage for either combo

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Its slightly weaker than retinal gaze (another quickly cast low mp spell), but recasts much quicker and the grav affect is very strong. Depending on your set and weapons, you should be btw 2-2.5k on damage.

Retinal cone is also pretty limiting

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-12 19:21:19
Link | Citer | R

Ravenn42 said: »
General question does Tizona completely change how Blue is played? I think it is time for me to make a mythic. Blue is my favorite job so it was my first choice. Does the bonus kick in enough where I can just spell spam? And is it a good choice over the other options? I have all jobs and was thinking koga but I am not concerned with winning parses. I like to solo stuff as well.

If you are at high haste then the bonus pretty much replenishes your MP incredibly fast. The main benefit with that is being able to cast support spells like white wind and occultation (which is an amazing spell on Tenzen and places like Delve with certain NMs etc) w/o caring about MP, even better now that SE is adding more stuff with higher MP costs but big dmg. You also don't ever need to set refresh or battery charge.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-12 19:35:17
Link | Citer | R

i could see it, the enspells make up for the loss of DA and then some, you're only really missing out on berserk

Berserk vs Water Damage and potentially removing Attack Down aura on Tojil for example ~

Others NM's not so much but its definately an option where Stuff hits hard and stops you having to throw up MDT and PDT sets all the damn time.
 Sylph.Traxus
Serveur: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2014-07-12 19:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Keeping aura up on tojil is preferable imo, rather deal with -atk down than the risk of volcanic stasis.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-12 19:45:18
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
When you do Tenzen Draylo do you /war or still need /nin?

I go as /war to VD Tenzen, Occultation is enough to keep all his ws being absorbed.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-12 19:47:22
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Keeping aura up on tojil is preferable imo, rather deal with -atk down than the risk of volcanic stasis.

Then your SCH sucks!

Honestly we shouldn't be worried about a JA not being stunned, if you are then you have bigger worries than /run for a DD.

You need to replace the SCH for failing at stunning or the WHM for not landing silence if Spells are making the schs job too hard.

Lahar is Far more deadly than a full dispel.
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-13 07:14:58
Link | Citer | R

TP Set I is still all best in slot except for the waist, which is now Shetal Stone until delay cap. Sweordfaetels +1 is worthless. Still Qaaxo or Luhlaza +1 if Thaumas is too inefficient. And no, Iuitl +1 pieces don't need augments to be best.

You got me confused there. It is written below TP set1 that; "Iuitl Mask and Iuitl Tights must be augmented with 2DA in order to be the best piece in their slots."
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-13 08:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Devrom said: »
TP Set I is still all best in slot except for the waist, which is now Shetal Stone until delay cap. Sweordfaetels +1 is worthless. Still Qaaxo or Luhlaza +1 if Thaumas is too inefficient. And no, Iuitl +1 pieces don't need augments to be best.

You got me confused there. It is written below TP set1 that; "Iuitl Mask and Iuitl Tights must be augmented with 2DA in order to be the best piece in their slots."

Yeah thats NQ he said +1 dont need Augments.

Learn to English! (Easily done but found it funny)
By Ravenn42 2014-07-13 08:48:56
Link | Citer | R

I am convinced on tizona. I have been looking at how to get started and it seems overwhelming. I'm not sure where to begin. I started on assaults so I guess will get captain rank 1st. Hopefully the parts I can't solo, I can find help. Making Gil is the easy part.

Thanks for advice.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-13 09:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Do Assaults regularly as tags are replenished and Salvage and Einherjar daily. When assaults are over move onto Nyzul, tokens are the fastest part while Ichor and depending on your ability to spend money alex are the long one.

Most important part to finish quick is to never waste a day of tag or skip a day of Ein, need discipline!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-07-13 09:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Do Assaults regularly as tags are replenished and Salvage and Einherjar daily. When assaults are over move onto Nyzul, tokens are the fastest part while Ichor and depending on your ability to spend money alex are the long one.

Most important part to finish quick is to never waste a day of tag or skip a day of Ein, need discipline!

Get captain first, once you actually do this you will be laughing, it takes 52 ~53 days to get the Ampouls required for Balrahns Eyepatch so if you start now while on pre Captain you can afford to miss a day here and there or even just get it done and then just do assaults 2 times a week and it feels less grindy.

This also allows you to make gil (assuming you don't have your alex) without it feeling so Pressured.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-13 09:58:59
Link | Citer | R

I didn't mention that cause I was born captain. *pirate hat*
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ravenn42 2014-07-13 11:38:49
Link | Citer | R

On the einherjar part can I just repeat the same path and is there one I can do with the least amount of help? I have two accounts so I will be able to dual box. Just not sure I will have help everyday.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-13 12:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Ravenn42 said: »

On the einherjar part can I just repeat the same path and is there one I can do with the least amount of help? I have two accounts so I will be able to dual box. Just not sure I will have help everyday.

You can repeat the same einherjar everyday to ichor farming onry. People normally spam t3 that is the one who net the most ichor (near 2k). But einherjar has a mechanism that reduce the max time inside if you arent with at least 6 person. With 1-5 participants, you time allowed is 10 mins, what make things complicated, its hard to clear a t3 with low people in 10 mins. With 6+ participants you have the full 30 mins, whats more than enough to clear.

But imo, einherjar isnt the determinant time factor in mythics. If you start from scratch assaults, you can farm almost 200k ichor by the time you get this part done. And if you dont farm daily more than 200 alex, neither assaults nor ichor will be the last step.

So my advice is to first find means to get enough cash to have steady income of alex. Do assaults daily and do einherjar when someone else pug. Dont waste your time doing your own pug.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-13 12:17:04
Link | Citer | R

We usually do Ein trio(2+mule). Any chamber can be done easily like that..you can probably dual box most combinations with ease, especially being blu.

Don't need pug, and with 1-2k ichor per run(3k if you do Odin) it takes a while to farm all the necessary 100k. Compare it to Nyzul that takes only a handful of runs..that's why I said it's the long part. Assaults have a fixed time restraint and as long as you don't waste tags it's a static 2 months(make it double if you're starting from scratch..) Alex varies by person: do you have hundreds of millions to spend? Can you stomach daily Dynamis to gather more resources for alex to buy? Are you going to farm Salvage daily on only one character? These things affect the speed of that part.
By Ravenn42 2014-07-13 12:57:25
Link | Citer | R

I've banked about 150 mil from dynamis already was going to make a annihalator and I do dynamis every night so Gil is not going to be an issue.

I have 2 character that are geared well enough for salvage assaults and einherjar so it looks like time and help are my biggest obstacles.

Salvage arap II I've looked into being the easiest for Alex farming is there a job that works best to kill the chariot under 3 min?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-13 13:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Can do with anything if you have decent gear..I personally farm it solo as pup/thf, can even link all gears and never be in danger.

A good idea though is to do salvage individually on each character(if got good jobs on both), that way you'll double your daily alex yield.
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 449 450 451