Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2014-06-26 01:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Manillagorilla said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »
Ragnarok.Manillagorilla said: »
Prothescar, how recent is the gear guide on the OP? If not recent, can we expect an update anytime soon?

He keeps it pretty well updated from what I have seen there is debate on some gear but its about trade offs.

I follow it pretty religiously, or at least I did. Just back from a 3 month hiatus! Thanks for all your hard work Prothescar!

Totally agree, thanks!
By tennotsukai87 2014-06-26 13:28:56
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know the full list of spells that currently do not work right with their additional effects? Thank you.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 13:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Tourbillion, barbed crescent, and water bomb are 3 I've tried recently that definitely do not stick on anything. Water bomb did work on low level mobs, but wore early. If you're planning on making a bug thread on the official forums, don't bother, Proth and several others have already filed numerous bug reports, SE doesn't care or doesn't know how to fix it.
By tennotsukai87 2014-06-27 07:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Lol, oh I know, I'm one of those several others, however they are asking for a list of these spells and the mobs these spells don't work on or something.
 Siren.Jedd
Serveur: Siren
user: Jedd
By Siren.Jedd 2014-06-27 14:18:07
Link | Citer | R

How is the Luhlaza Keffiyeh +1 for spells compared to other options? Stats are a couple points lower, but does the +13 skill make up for it? Didn't really see it mentioned much, so I was curious.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-27 19:22:30
Link | Citer | R

whirlpool mask if you need the accuracy, luhlaza if you don't.
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-06-28 11:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Is there any good enough use of Yumcax KI for blu?

Edit: I got STR on bee legs, MND on tiger legs, will get MND on tree hands, DEX on bird head and crit hit rate on t-rex sword but can't find a good use for a yumcax augment.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-28 11:44:41
Link | Citer | R

not really, I guess you could make a case for cure received on tamaxchi or xiualto, but neither is the best use of that weapon.
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-06-28 12:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Actually, I think I can augment shark mask with pdt. It would make a nice pdt/tp piece. Maybe even better than lithelimb.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-03 15:14:14
Link | Citer | R

With the update on Monday, I'm going to be prioritizing spell testing and data updates for some of the older spells that I never finished over gearset updates. Will still do a general list, but gearsets themselves won't likely be updated for a couple of days.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Serveur: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-07-03 15:21:36
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
With the update on Monday, I'm going to be prioritizing spell testing and data updates for some of the older spells that I never finished over gearset updates. Will still do a general list, but gearsets themselves won't likely be updated for a couple of days.

First thing I'm doing when the update hits, hunting down new spells: meebles, maroliths, and wamouras =3
By tennotsukai87 2014-07-04 03:41:36
Link | Citer | R

So I knew about how glut dart spam keeps increasing in damage on matamata, and I just tried the same tactic on faded cracklaw and same thing. Took him down in 4.5 minutes. Does anyone know if this is a bug or is glut dart simply amazing? Does this work on any other boss nm's?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2014-07-04 04:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
o I knew about how glut dart spam keeps increasing in damage on matamata, and I just tried the same tactic on faded cracklaw and same thing. Took him down in 4.5 minutes. Does anyone know if this is a bug or is glut dart simply amazing? Does this work on any other boss nm's?

Read up on how these two NM's work and you will find the answer.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-04 11:46:17
Link | Citer | R

well, we'll be getting DW4 at some point, but not this update it seems.

Quote:
こんばんは

複数ご質問をいただいているので、それぞれ分けて回答します。
新たに追加される青魔法について
7月バージョンアップで追加を予定している青魔法の青魔法ポイントと追加特性をご紹介します。

青魔法 追加特性 ジョブ特性の値 青魔法ポイント
エラチックフラッター ファストキャスト 8 6
S.アッサルト ダブルアタック 8 7
サブダックション 魔法攻撃力アップ 8 6

アドゥリン以降に追加された青魔法同様、青魔法ポイントを多く必要とする代わりに
ジョブ特性の値が高く、単独で追加特性を得られるようになっています。
追加特性について
青魔法をセットした際に得られる追加特性は、ラーニング元となるモンスターのイメージを残しつつ、
それぞれの青魔法を運用する際に有用となる特性を設定しています。

鯨波を例として挙げていただいているのは、上位の効果を持つエラチックフラッター実装後も
二刀流特性のためにセットから外しづらいというご意見かと思いますが、
今後追加する青魔法で、二刀流を含むさまざまなジョブ特性をカバーしていく予定ですので、お待ちください。
物理青魔法の威力について
青魔道士は、オートアタックやウェポンスキルと青魔法を併用して戦うジョブなので、
パーティメンバーからの豊富な支援がある状況など、場合によっては
通常攻撃やウェポンスキルが時間単位のダメージで勝るケースも出てきます。

今後、「四連突」や「槍玉」のように「消費MPは多いが高威力」という青魔法を追加していくことで、
パーティバトルでも、ここぞという場面で瞬発力を出す手段になるようにしていきます。
青魔法セット数上限について
仕様上、これ以上青魔法のセット数上限を引き上げることは難しいため、
ジョブ特性の値が高い青魔法を追加し、追加特性を得るためにセットする
青魔法の数を減らすことで、間接的にセット数上限の問題を改善していく予定です。

ジョブポイントで増加した青魔法ポイントは、今後青魔法ポイントを多く必要とする強力な青魔法を追加していくことで、
より有効に使用できるようにしていきます。

Quote:
Good evening because it received a question you multiple answers separately each.

For blue magic that is newly added
to introduce additional properties and blue magic point of blue magic you are planning to add in the July version up.

Blue magic Further characteristic The value of the job characteristics Blue magic point
Ella Chick flutter Fast Cast Eight Six
S. Assaruto Double Attack Eight Seven
Sub-duction Magic Attack up Eight Six

Blue Magic Similar added to Ado~urin since, instead of requiring a large amount of blue magic point
value of job characteristics is high, making it possible to obtain the additional properties alone.
For more properties
additional properties obtained when it is set to blue magic, while leaving the image of the monster is learning source,
sets the characteristics that are useful in the production of blue magic respectively. Are you I have as an example the Toki is also Ella Chick flutter after mounting that has the effect of higher and I think your opinion that it is difficult away from the set for two-weapon fighting properties, but in blue magic to be added in the future, including a two-weapon fighting Because it is going to continue to cover a variety of job characteristics, please wait.

For the power of physical blue magic
because it is job to fight it with a combination of blue and magic weapon skill and auto attack, blue mage,
such as situations where there is a wealth of support from party members, in some cases
time unit weapon skill and usually attack case you over with damage also comes out. By the future, we continue to add blue magic "MP consumption is often high power" and as "quadruple collision" as "victim", even at a party battle, and a means to issue the instantaneous force at the scene in here will continue to so.

For blue magic set the upper limit of the number
that the design, raise the set upper limit of the number of blue magic any more Since it is difficult
to set in order to add and blue magic value of job characteristics is high, obtain additional properties
to reduce the number of blue magic that, I am going to continue to improve the problem of set the upper limit of the number indirectly. Blue magic point increase in job point, that it continue to add powerful blue magic that requires a lot of blue magic point future will continue to be able to use more effectively.

google fu
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-04 12:18:34
Link | Citer | R

Can I get a translation of the translation ^^;
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-04 12:33:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
For blue magic that is newly added
to introduce additional properties and blue magic point of blue magic you are planning to add in the July version up.

Blue magic Further characteristic The value of the job characteristics Blue magic point
Ella Chick flutter Fast Cast Eight Six
S. Assaruto Double Attack Eight Seven
Sub-duction Magic Attack up Eight Six

New Spells in July version update

Erratic Flutter - Fast Cast - 8 Trait Points - 6 Blue Magic Points
Thrashing Assault - Double Attack - 8 Trait Points - 7 Blue Magic Points
Subduction - Magic Attack Bonus - 8 Trait Points - 6 Blue Magic Points

Quote:
Blue Magic Similar added to Ado~urin since, instead of requiring a large amount of blue magic point
value of job characteristics is high, making it possible to obtain the additional properties alone.
For more properties
additional properties obtained when it is set to blue magic, while leaving the image of the monster is learning source,
sets the characteristics that are useful in the production of blue magic respectively. Are you I have as an example the Toki is also Ella Chick flutter after mounting that has the effect of higher and I think your opinion that it is difficult away from the set for two-weapon fighting properties, but in blue magic to be added in the future, including a two-weapon fighting Because it is going to continue to cover a variety of job characteristics, please wait.

Instead of having traits require a large amount of blue magic points for higher value job traits, they're making it possible to set traits with less spells and less blue magic points. It is difficult to get away from dual wield traits, but we plan to add additional dual wield traits to blue magic in the future.

Quote:
For the power of physical blue magic
because it is job to fight it with a combination of blue and magic weapon skill and auto attack, blue mage,
such as situations where there is a wealth of support from party members, in some cases
time unit weapon skill and usually attack case you over with damage also comes out. By the future, we continue to add blue magic "MP consumption is often high power" and as "quadruple collision" as "victim", even at a party battle, and a means to issue the instantaneous force at the scene in here will continue to so.

Because Blue Mage fights with a combination of blue magic, weaponskills, and autoattacks, in some cases weaponskills and autoattacks will make up most of your damage. In the future, they plan to add blue magic that causes more damage at the cost of higher MP cost ("Higher MP consumption is often high power"). Ex.: Quadration Continuum.

Quote:
For blue magic set the upper limit of the number
that the design, raise the set upper limit of the number of blue magic any more Since it is difficult
to set in order to add and blue magic value of job characteristics is high, obtain additional properties
to reduce the number of blue magic that, I am going to continue to improve the problem of set the upper limit of the number indirectly. Blue magic point increase in job point, that it continue to add powerful blue magic that requires a lot of blue magic point future will continue to be able to use more effectively.

Currently, the maximum number of set slots has been met(?). Since it is difficult to set enough job traits and blue magic spells, they are going to continue to improve the situation by indirectly decreasing the required number of set slots. Job Points increase blue magic points, allowing us to continue adding spells that cost a lot of points but are much more powerful and able to make traits by themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Serveur: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-07-04 12:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Oh, if you ever want to do something fun on a BLU, go into besieged, go buff up with a wizard's drink and a giant's drink, and spam tourbillion with your SP ability, and keep using revitalizers to get it back. You do a crap load of damage, even if the defense down doesn't work. It's so much fun. Make sure you use dusty ethers, elixirs, etc. to keep your MP up so you don't run out.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-07-04 12:43:43
Link | Citer | R

Wow nice
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-04 12:47:12
Link | Citer | R

yeah it's pretty promising, glad they're addressing the power of physical magic. the cost and recast on thrashing assault leads me to believe it's one of these new QC-like spells

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2014-07-04 14:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Wow, I so called that Flutter would give Fast Cast trait back a few pages.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-04 14:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
So to keep DW3 we will need both haste spells set then, that sucks.
Yeah... didn't think that through too well. But hopefully the adjustments they make will make it okay.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-07-04 15:00:33
Link | Citer | R

even if you had to set both haste spells but didn't have to set the other worthless spells I'd call it a win. if only se had a better handle on other jobs pitfalls as well as they seem to with blu.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-04 15:03:46
Link | Citer | R

demoralizing roar and acrid stream probably. though now that I say that I'd probably keep acrid stream and drop empty thrash
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-07-04 15:05:00
Link | Citer | R

Really gonna have to go farm some job points on BLU with all these new high cost spells. :/
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-07-04 15:06:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm 3 points away from cap .-. will prolly go finish in a little bit. then to work on either finishing hasso on SAM or doing burst affinity for blu
By tennotsukai87 2014-07-04 15:42:30
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Quote:
o I knew about how glut dart spam keeps increasing in damage on matamata, and I just tried the same tactic on faded cracklaw and same thing. Took him down in 4.5 minutes. Does anyone know if this is a bug or is glut dart simply amazing? Does this work on any other boss nm's?

Read up on how these two NM's work and you will find the answer.

Pretty sure that's what I did forever ago. They are supposed to increase resistance to the dmg type taken, yet dart just keeps getting stronger, not being resisted.
First Page 2 3 ... 99 100 101 ... 446 447 448