Mog Bonanza And You!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Caitsith » Mog Bonanza and you!
Mog Bonanza and you!
 Asura.Ktjrn
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-05-16 11:14:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Just a quick question...

For the rank 1-5 prizes last year, were most of the wins from random #'s or did most of the people that won pick their own numbers? Anyone know so far? I am thinking of random this year :P
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-16 12:00:30
Link | Citer | R

What I did last year.... when I knew last year i wanted the miratete's scroll, out of 10 marbles, all you had to do was put 1,2,3 etc all up to 0. it was the last number, so this yr a statuette, if u would like a guarnteed prize, just do that.

LAst year out of 1 char. and 3 mules i did get all 4 scrolls, but i think too i got a rank 4 prize also matching last 2.. so 2 prizes was not shabby.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-16 12:12:07
Link | Citer | R

Ktjrn said:
Just a quick question...

For the rank 1-5 prizes last year, were most of the wins from random #'s or did most of the people that won pick their own numbers? Anyone know so far? I am thinking of random this year :P

Statistically speaking there shouldnt be much difference. Unless you mean number of people winning vs number of winning marbles. Then people with enough accounts/mules that used sequential numbers had better chance of winning. And there would be no way in hell to try and figure that out. I mean youd have to get everyone who played to tell you what they won and how the number was picked
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-16 12:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I think it would be best to come up with your own numbers, for one main reason.

SE uses a random number generator for both the winning numbers and the "Let the moogle decide" numbers. The chances that the moogle would give you the same number as the winning number is like lightning striking twice in the same place.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-16 12:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Personally, I think it would be best to come up with your own numbers, for one main reason.

SE uses a random number generator for both the winning numbers and the "Let the moogle decide" numbers. The chances that the moogle would give you the same number as the winning number is like lightning striking twice in the same place.

I thought they were gonna draw all the numbers from a hat
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-16 12:59:58
Link | Citer | R

You realize how expensive hats are nowadays?!
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-16 13:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
You realize how expensive hats are nowadays?!

gotta be less then 10$ for the random number generators they sold us.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-16 13:39:20
Link | Citer | R

well, got my eggs today. 10 of them with random numbers chosen by moi. Let's hope I win something :D
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-16 15:57:22
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Enternius said:

I thought they were gonna draw all the numbers from a hat

They have a tumbler that they spin around until a numbered ball drops down.

Kindof like oldschool Bingo.
 Asura.Floorboss
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2009-05-16 16:00:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry to say but im not throwing my gil away this year on this event since last year I didnt win anything. I still think its fixed but thats me.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-16 17:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:

You know from a probability stand point lighting has the same chance of striking somewhere it was already struck be before as any other random spot. Excluding of course shortly after the first strike
 Caitsith.Pikarya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: pikarya
By Caitsith.Pikarya 2009-05-19 07:35:29
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it has been posted. But here is a free/online complex random algorithm app that will give you the best results for number diversity.

http://www.random.org/

As I recall, last year. PS2 users got the shaft for "true" random numbers pre-set from the Moogles.