A Linkshell For Those Who Loved FFxi In 2004-2007

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
A Linkshell for those who loved FFxi in 2004-2007
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Sylow
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 14:49:31
Link | Citer | R

djives said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Just sounds like an organized excuse to be gimp to me.

God.. You must have a miserable life.
Please dont respond if you have nothing better to say.

Would be alot nicer to hear from the good moments, you had from back then.

The good moments I had in FFXI (back then) were because I was playing with good people. The game content (back then) was pretty bad, aside from mission storylines. But with good people, anything can be enjoyable.

I can do old content with good people, I can do new content with good people, it just sounds like you need an excuse to live in the past and not have to develop your character any further.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to do old-style XP parties, there's nothing wrong with wanting to try to do missions at their old level caps, there's nothing wrong with keeping a job at 75 or something to do old-style solos ... but when it comes down to the point ... if all you do is old - stuff in the old - style, you're just going to constantly lose members who want to experience something new, who want to progress beyond their current confines and participate in newer content.

As for Abyssea, it isn't just an XP mill. What exactly do you define as an "Abyssea" player?
[+]
By djives 2012-04-27 14:57:21
Link | Citer | R

I dont feel intimitated or its a excuse for being gimp.
I seen abbysea played it and disliked it. I still can make money with a other account with just spamming dynamis.

But i just dont do it.. Its just too easy..

For me oldskool FFXI and Abbysea is the same diffrence between
FF7,8,9,10 and FF13
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2012-04-27 14:58:11
Link | Citer | R

:D
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-04-27 14:58:42
Link | Citer | R

If I join, do I have to throw away all my > level 75 gear?
By djives 2012-04-27 15:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »

Yes evrything! and i want a screenshot!
Haha offcourse not xD.

But like i said if your into Abbysea rather stay there.
I dont feel like teaching you how to play your job. j/k
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 15:04:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't like Abyssea, but I have no problems going into Abyssea to farm a piece of gear that makes my character better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Behemothx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2012-04-27 15:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »

Haha offcourse not xD.

While I do understand what you're going for, wouldn't it be a major problem having all the rest of the server @ 99 and most likely taking your target mobs/camps etc?
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-27 15:26:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura is one big adventure! You could make a mule here :)
i think what your trying to do is great i know a few people on my server that would rather a 6 man party then a 18 aby burn party.

Quote:
Haha offcourse not xD.

the part about not wanting to teach someone there job it is ending up more and more to not be a joke that is what i am seeing any way on my server.

i think the good things about old 6 man partys was it did just that made u know how to use every last trick your class can pull off to win,but i think aby can be the same if people skill a weapon for a new class before leveling the class it will save them time and u do not need to do it as u level and not get the right level.

feedback about this from me here

well i think more or less it can work u may be able to even 6 man party to 99 if u can find the right spots i know they are out there i soloed about 23 levels on my own before going in a burn party again,but i would rather solo if i can but if i could get a 6 man party i say yes please lol,even if it is only 1 6 man party a year and i have to level the other ways every other time i do not care i had fun grinding for hours with a 6 man party on top of knowing your class u got more time to make friends.

so yes i say u should try to go 4 it if u can make it work more power 2 u then.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-04-27 15:28:21
Link | Citer | R

Hard to let this thread go. OP, you are pure fail, same as this ridiculous idea.
[+]
By djives 2012-04-27 15:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Hard to let this thread go. OP, you are pure fail, same as this ridiculous idea.

Atleast justify yourself before saying something. You make no sense this way! It doesnt even come close to feedback.
Your the only who is really failing right now.
[+]
 Asura.Wyattdoc
Serveur: Asura
user: wyattdoc1
By Asura.Wyattdoc 2012-04-27 15:43:21
Link | Citer | R

Ok i agree this is a nice idea but there are a couple problem with it. For 1 you are depending on your ls to go and xp, I know this as fact because i am from asura and there are not a hella alot of xp parties left. It is a good way to get mission which no one does anymore done. hell even some quest, but in the end they are right people dont want to stay at 75 and not try the new content. If that was they case they never would have raised the cap past 50 to begin with. A small ls with constant turn over because even dyna is not set to old ways so you would have to stop that aswell. This also goes with CoP so your definetly limited by your 2004-2007 comment on fun.
By djives 2012-04-27 16:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand what your saying but i am looking for the people who like to relive some old memories and difficulty again.
And yes your right cop changed but there still some good missions left :)

And dont forget most people have atleast 1 mule.
If you feel like playing other content i dont hold you back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-04-27 16:11:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't like Abyssea, but I have no problems going into Abyssea to farm a piece of gear that makes my character better.
Nothing you said had anything to do with anything the OP has asked for.

People who like the idea and do other things than just grinding for weapons/gear/exp for no purpose whatsoever (for the most past) will join.
No matter if anyone gives them their blessing or not.

If you've experienced everything there is (which isn't all too much anymore in this day and age), why not just try to find something you actually enjoy doing?

A lot of people have made relics, more people have made empys and most of the people that played for longer than 1 year have seen absolutely everything in Abyssea and/or Voidwatch.

On topic though, I do like the general idea behind this shell but I also think that it's rather unrealistic to find a lot "old-school" players who would really like to do everything the hard way again.
Let alone, the possibility of them having low-lvl jobs anymore, since most dedicated players leveled a mojority of jobs already or other just leeched everything for w/e reason.

I'd also advise to rather look into a different game instead or just gather old-dogs for new content.
You can still enjoy the game these days with people that knew how it was back then and don't suck.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-04-27 16:16:40
Link | Citer | R

I seen abbysea played it and disliked it. I still can make money with a other account with just spamming dynamis.

FF7,8,9,10 and FF13

Oooooooooooooh so close. If only you have left out 10.
By djives 2012-04-27 17:13:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

FF7,8,9,10 and FF13

Wasnt my favorite either. But hey better then FF13 was right?
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-27 20:58:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »

People who like the idea and do other things than just grinding for weapons/gear/exp for no purpose whatsoever (for the most past) will join.

If you've experienced everything there is (which isn't all too much anymore in this day and age), why not just try to find something you actually enjoy doing?

A lot of people have made relics, more people have made empys and most of the people that played for longer than 1 year have seen absolutely everything in Abyssea and/or Voidwatch.

On topic though, I do like the general idea behind this shell but I also think that it's rather unrealistic to find a lot "old-school" players who would really like to do everything the hard way again.
Let alone, the possibility of them having low-lvl jobs anymore, since most dedicated players leveled a mojority of jobs already or other just leeched everything for w/e reason.

I'd also advise to rather look into a different game instead or just gather old-dogs for new content.
You can still enjoy the game these days with people that knew how it was back then and don't suck.
i want to come out and just say it if i was on his server i would make his shell 1 of the 3 i main daily he seems to have a good idea here and again if i was on his server i would be on the ship as well.

edit

btw about the relics seeing as they are easy to upgrade now i my self am working on upgrading one that i have wanted to upgrade for a long time so that works 4 me.
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-04-27 21:51:46
Link | Citer | R

FF7,8,9,10 and FF13

Wasnt my favorite either. But hey better then FF13 was right?
He started with 7, as if THAT was the start of the golden age of Final Fantasy. Young'ns.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-27 22:05:22
Link | Citer | R

Hi everyone!

I'm recruiting college-level students who are fed up with this new-age level of higher education.

My idea is that we all go sit down in a kindergarten class and learn our ABCs.

-No math
-No staying up past curfew
-You must say please and thank you.

Let me know if you're interested! Thanks and have a good day!
[+]
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-04-27 22:15:57
Link | Citer | R

Ya can just let them be. If people enjoy this style of play, so what. STFU and leave them alone.........
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-04-27 22:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
the part about not wanting to teach someone there job it is ending up more and more to not be a joke that is what i am seeing any way on my server.

i think the good things about old 6 man partys was it did just that made u know how to use every last trick your class can pull off to win,but i think aby can be the same if people skill a weapon for a new class before leveling the class it will save them time and u do not need to do it as u level and not get the right level.
The majority has always been and will always be gimp, 6 man parties didn't teach people ***. The only difference now is that being gimp is more noticeable because there's a bigger gap between shitty geared non atmacite players and well geared atmacited players than what the gap was like at 75.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-04-27 22:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Why are you telling people they can not do new events? I'm all for an exp part for old times sake, hell, maybe even an entire job, but there is a huge road block you are putting on yourself with that. You are forcing people to chose between exp partys and missions(which you should finish you will completely finish in 2 weeks at any average rate even if you were doing them at 2008 lvl caps) and any new content ever added.

If you don't want to do abyssea more power to you, but I doubt you would find 6 people that feel the same way and play at all commonly. However you have a high chance of finding people that want to do both, and you can just not join them when they do new events.

Best of luck w/ the ls.
By Jetackuu 2012-04-27 22:57:57
Link | Citer | R

FF7,8,9,10 and FF13

what's wrong with X?

I put it up there with 7...
By Jetackuu 2012-04-27 22:59:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Grandthief said: »

sad part is I've played for years and I have barely set foot in Abyssea...
 Siren.Mcclane
Serveur: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-04-27 23:02:29
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-04-27 23:18:27
Link | Citer | R

If you were on Ragnarok I got like 10 ppl that would totally jump on this. It's not a matter of being gimp either, just chilling and having fun. Just sayin when i hear people talk about hating VW or abyssea but they do it anyway to get <insertgearhere> dosen't sound very much like fun to me, more like work tbh.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 23:37:03
Link | Citer | R

And killing 270 colibri was fun and not work?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-27 23:40:16
Link | Citer | R

What about sitting in Dragon's Aery for hours waiting for one mob to pop? What about being the window *** for Khimim/cerb that was fun, and not work?
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-27 23:41:35
Link | Citer | R

I say let people play how they want. They pay just like everyone else. But I doubt your LS will keep members for long. To many nice and shiny things in Abby and beyond. But if it works more power to you. Good luck OP!!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-04-27 23:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Or you could be a LS for sub jobs!! I would take a pearl for that!!