Calling All TARUTARU Paladins!!!!!!!!!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Calling all TARUTARU paladins!!!!!!!!!
Calling all TARUTARU paladins!!!!!!!!!
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Aramina
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-16 23:35:58
Link | Citer | R

Just some tidbits for all the people bashing an HP build:

1) If a PLD can get TP before a fight (when they have yet to establish any hate), what Weapon Skill should they use? Oh, that would be Spirits Within, which is very effective on almost anything you would fight. 700-900 DMG Spirits Within is a lot of hate to open a fight with. Yes, after that, Atonement by all means, if you have TP. If you have a friendly SAM or two, they might even kindly dump you some TP for Atonements during a fight.

2) Something I read, may have been Kaeko-related, may not have been... Anyway, something I read related Enmity loss from damage taken as being related to HP lost considered as a PERCENTAGE of your total HP, not as a flat enmity loss per damage.

Following in the vein of #2... If a PLD has 2k HP and takes a hit for 200 dmg (10% of their total HP), they lose a hell of a lot less enmity than if a Taru BLM with 600 HP takes a hit for 200 dmg (33% of their total HP).

Now, this could have been an alcohol induced dream, and maybe I didn't read it anywhere and it just was something my moogle whispered in my ear while I was crashing one night, but, IF this is in fact the case, then having extra HP wherever you can get it will help you not only survive a hit, but retain enmity better after taking one.

Obviously, if you get that HP at the sacrifice of everything else, then it becomes counterproductive.

This topic came up a few months ago during a Byakko where an Elvaan PLD in my LS was tanking, and had a remarkable ability to hold hate, although his gear was good, it wasn't anything crazy. He had used Carbonara and was somewhere around 1900 HP, with 400 MP or so also. I've done Byakko countless times on all kinds of jobs, including PLD, and there were times when I swore he should have not had hate and he did.

Anyhoo, just some nuggets for consideration. Also, if anyone knows of where this possible HP/Enmity information could be located, I'd appreciate a link posted. I don't remember where I saw or heard it, but if the research is out there, I'd like to check it out again.

and re: Gaea... Chalis is a helluva Taru PLD. For another really good Taru PLD (Albeit no Aegis or Burtgang), Ceri (taru) is pretty good too. She can rock out 1600+ HP with functional good PLD gear, not just a bunch of gimmicky HP swaps.