how do i beat the dynamis lord
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-12 19:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
Poison pots before pop, to avoid an annoying sleepga. that's always been standard. Also, have your DD's /nin. Contrary to popular belief, /nin helps a DD's longevity if healer's are scarce. Ying and Yang will pop at some point. Shadows will help here as well but ignore them and continue the zerg
u said all dds should /nin do u think that PLDs should /nin as well or what do u think the best sub for a pld in that fight is,and why.
 Carbuncle.Darwena
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Darwena
By Carbuncle.Darwena 2012-04-13 14:18:50
Link | Citer | R

Did someone tried an small "commando" of BST? I mean I solo/duo/trio most thing usualy reserved for a full ally of 75. So I guess DL wont be diferent (didnt tried yet).
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-13 14:22:20
Link | Citer | R

Tera Slash (Add. Effect Death) may make that difficult. Also when he clones himself, or summons ying and yang, that could make things difficult on a BST.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-04-13 14:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Trioed with sch blu sam with Embrava. Took a little above 1 min.
It pretty much didnt move the whole fight.

My friend duoed THF+RDM.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-04-13 15:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Guys, let's keep this on-topic please? Thanks.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-13 15:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Poison pots before pop, to avoid an annoying sleepga. that's always been standard. Also, have your DD's /nin. Contrary to popular belief, /nin helps a DD's longevity if healer's are scarce. Ying and Yang will pop at some point. Shadows will help here as well but ignore them and continue the zerg
u said all dds should /nin do u think that PLDs should /nin as well or what do u think the best sub for a pld in that fight is,and why.

.... if you are using a pld you are doing it wrong... not enough dmg... try a war or drk or sam or x,y,z job with some decent gear and a healer... easy win.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-13 15:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

.... if you are using a pld you are doing it wrong... not enough dmg... try a war or drk or sam or x,y,z job with some decent gear and a healer... easy win.
well that is going to be a Problem seeing as PLD is my highest level job and i try to do what i can to make it better,most of the time before i even think of leveling some other class.

do u think i should level up my nin more and then just sub that so i can cast shadows or do u have a better idea of what sub i should use and a gear set up as pld.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-04-13 15:52:20
Link | Citer | R

DDs + Healing to win

Seems like that's been pointed out to you over and over here. PLD doesn't help in this fight no matter what you sub.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-13 15:53:24
Link | Citer | R

well that is going to be a Problem seeing as PLD is my highest level job and i try to do what i can to make it better,most of the time before i even think of leveling some other class.

do u think i should level up my nin more and then just sub that so i can cast shadows or do u have a better idea of what sub i should use and a gear set up as pld.

Or just go and box up war and use perle... you aren't exactly that far ahead where it's gonna make a big difference.
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-13 16:14:52
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to say this, but your level 80 pld is basically useless for Shadow Lord. To be blunt, you'd probably be most useful subbing whm and equipping some mp gear for a few cures for the DDs.
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-13 16:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Sorry to say this, but your level 80 pld is basically useless for Shadow Lord. To be blunt, you'd probably be most useful subbing whm and equipping some mp gear for a few cures for the DDs.

Lol so sad... yet so true... I <3 you tamtam
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-13 17:28:28
Link | Citer | R

if i take the path to heal the party what would u say would be the best mp gear that i can use.
By Fawk 2012-04-13 17:34:09
Link | Citer | R

if i take the path to heal the party what would u say would be the best mp gear that i can use.

Probably the gear with the most MP on it that a PLD of your level can use.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-13 17:49:26
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't main heal at all, but get a light staff and sub whm for curaga (to wake DDs up if necessary) and -na spells. No need to spend a lot of gil on mp gear really, just equip what you have with +mp on it.

<3 Come back!
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-13 17:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't main heal at all, but get a light staff and sub whm for curaga (to wake DDs up if necessary) and -na spells. No need to spend a lot of gil on mp gear really, just equip what you have with +mp on it.

Light staff, anything with mnd and mp and have a idle refresh set you switch back to when not curing. I'd even say go /sch instead of /whm just for the conserve mp and all the fun little job abilities with it to help your casting speed. If you don't then like Tamtam said go /whm.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-13 17:57:50
Link | Citer | R

<3 Come back!

Ik... Mac wants me back too especially since my mule has all his sea god pops.. I was hacked though and sad face atm... you should get LoL though...
 Leviathan.Celille
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Celille
By Leviathan.Celille 2012-04-13 17:59:40
Link | Citer | R

So after reading this post I'm still very confused at why this is such an exceptionally hard monster for you. Therefore I will ask you two questions which should be answered truthfully in order to help solve this ordeal.

1. What is your current party setup?

2. How long have you been playing this game?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-15 10:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celille said: »
So after reading this post I'm still very confused at why this is such an exceptionally hard monster for you. Therefore I will ask you two questions which should be answered truthfully in order to help solve this ordeal.

2. How long have you been playing this game?

Quote:
i cant tell 100% it changes a small bit ever week.+ i cant really remember it besides me PLD79/war38 right now.

Quote:
How long have you been playing this game?
i have had a account for like 6-7 years i think it is around that seeing as i lost count but that is what i think the number is.

why how dose this help.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-04-15 10:28:42
Link | Citer | R

PLD79/war38 right now.

/facepalm

And you can't think of any possible way to make this fight easier?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Crollion
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-04-15 11:17:43
Link | Citer | R

kawar hes asking Part setup not what ur roking but what group u run with

like PLD WAR SAM WHM.

me and my group smash his face in easily with 5 DD and hes dead way before he thinks of summoning we do alot of him especially since we do ADLs he isnt tough.

but PLD will be completely useless vs him cause DD will take all the hate in no time.

and PLD just cant put down numbers like other DD jobs can offer in that spot.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-04-15 11:38:26
Link | Citer | R

I think we've covered that already, a level 79 pld has nothing to offer in a Dynamis Lord fight really. But yes I'd be interested in knowing what other jobs are there, since the group is apparently struggling so bad with this fight. And that's making me think they either have a bad selection of jobs, or they're terribly gimp/underskilled.
 Siren.Mcclane
Serveur: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-04-15 11:43:14
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-04-16 02:35:17
Link | Citer | R

And now we're back to
Bismarck.Veruna said: »
Can't tell if trolling or being serious... _| ̄|O

FULL CIRCLE
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-21 11:42:56
Link | Citer | R

when the dyna lord trys to bring out the dragons can u stun it so when he summons them the spell is not casted,so would that mean no dragons.

this matters to the plan i am working out.
 Valefor.Omerta
Serveur: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-04-22 02:43:36
Link | Citer | R

1) Hit it with a stick
2) Profit
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-04-22 03:08:36
Link | Citer | R

actually (at80+) rdm sub would be slightly better... but i digress

@op if you seriously want advice... stop posting and go get a worms party and hit 95 in the next few hours. then take whatever job you want and your friends and do a shout for the win. get as many people as you can in the party and go kill it.

People have told you that 3 can kill it. so by grabbing 18 you will over kill it. you dont need much more than a basic strategy with that much over kill. some healers and the rest dd/ healers have echos and or stay out of range of sleep/silence and the dd kill it.

but ill be honest.. im pretty sure you are trolling
 Cerberus.Weissberv
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2012-04-22 03:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »

The only way to do it.

Oh man, that's hilarious! I miss zergs like that since being a DD nothing's more satisfying than beating the ***out of a mob in roughly a minute lol. I've not had that much excitement on the game for beating something in YEARS.

You just don't get 18+ people for events like dynamis anymore, it sucks! :(

Needs more events like this where it's hard to get the *really* good items like the DL and then decent items can be common like relic armour!
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-04-22 04:36:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Weissberv said: »

I totally disagree here. Dynamis is now multi-dimensional. Low-man, or full alliance. I was gonna record our ARCH Dynamis Lord run tonight, but with giving last minute instructions, just before pop, I totally forgot (again) to hit the F9 key that would have started the recording. Nothing of worth save 2 Umbral Marrows dropped anyways. (Grats peppie and Nikia), but I think having seen it, you'd agree that Dynamis DOES have an appeal to larger groups as well.
I'll tell ya what. I'll record our Arch Diablos on Tuesday for you.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2012-04-22 07:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Weissberv said: »

I totally disagree here. Dynamis is now multi-dimensional. Low-man, or full alliance. I was gonna record our ARCH Dynamis Lord run tonight, but with giving last minute instructions, just before pop, I totally forgot (again) to hit the F9 key that would have started the recording. Nothing of worth save 2 Umbral Marrows dropped anyways. (Grats peppie and Nikia), but I think having seen it, you'd agree that Dynamis DOES have an appeal to larger groups as well.
I'll tell ya what. I'll record our Arch Diablos on Tuesday for you.

I meant 18+ people for Dynamis in general not just for bosses like this. You'd be more beneficial splitting all those 18+ people into low man groups and go in at different times rather than farming all in the same area at the same time.

I miss the old dynamis even if it was worse for drops and I loved having a big LS with some people on vent to have random banter with during those long hours in cities/icelands.