Forum » FFXI » Servers » Alexander » Blue Magic
Blue Magic
 Alexander.Trixan
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2009-05-10 11:19:08
Link | Citer | R

I am soon going to buy Blue Mage gear and I'm just wondering is it worth it for modifying other spells like Firespit, Mind Blast, or Regurgitation? I already modified Eyes On Me and it can hit 900~ most of the time. It would be nice if someone can tell me the main modifiers for those three spells.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 11:22:00
Link | Citer | R

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Blue_Magic_Damage
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 11:25:58
Link | Citer | R

oh yeah and this http://74.53.42.102/blu/BLUMain.html
Firespit sucks btw. Regurgitation can do ok dmg but really like 1 set point to get +1int/mnd with decent dmg +bind on a decent recast... Haven't bothered with the others. Though I seriously doubt you'll beat heat breath numbers and +hp is pretty easy to gear for for that matter and saurian helm/relics omgs
 Ramuh.Shadowarrior
user: lilaznkru
By Ramuh.Shadowarrior 2009-05-10 11:43:23
Link | Citer | R

hey das :) u silly blu. i think im 4/5 AF2 >.< maybe i shud continue leveling my blu from 59?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 11:46:57
Link | Citer | R

Shadowarrior said:
hey das :) u silly blu. i think im 4/5 AF2 >.< maybe i shud continue leveling my blu from 59?

I *** hate you. Only reason I have body is cause in like 5 beau runs Ive seen about 15 drop. And yeah lvl that blu and buy some homams!!!
 Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2009-05-10 11:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Is there any other alternative than Bloodbead ring? I really don't feel like getting that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 11:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Trixan said:
Is there any other alternative than Bloodbead ring? I really don't feel like getting that.

For hp on ring... you already got BQ? There isnt really anything else I know of that gets much. Oh and for going all out on a stat this site good though currently is down
http://myffxigear.kicks-***.org/
 Alexander.Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2009-05-10 17:20:41
Link | Citer | R

I just got Bomb Queen ring and now looking for a alternative ring. I was wondering does the fire obi affect this?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 19:33:00
Link | Citer | R

Trixan said:
I just got Bomb Queen ring and now looking for a alternative ring. I was wondering does the fire obi affect this?

fireday/weather i bleive doesnt affect dmg on breath
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-10 19:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Shadowarrior said:

I *** hate you. Only reason I have body is cause in like 5 beau runs Ive seen about 15 drop. And yeah lvl that blu and buy some homams!!!

><;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 19:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Dasva said:
Shadowarrior said:

><;

were friends in game and hes been on hold on homam cause he wont finish blu!!!
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-05-10 19:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Just make sure when casting blu magic you are wearing your AF/ AF+1 body... that'll be the surest thing you can do to up your damage. Hopefully you already know that and I'm just preaching to the choir. Only meaning to cover bases. :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-10 19:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Malekith said:
Just make sure when casting blu magic you are wearing your AF/ AF+1 body... that'll be the surest thing you can do to up your damage. Hopefully you already know that and I'm just preaching to the choir. Only meaning to cover bases. :D

Actually magically dmg isnt affect by it other than acc. Also the +dmg on physical isnt huge. A decent amount of dex/str on the body or vit for cannonball could overcome it if you were able to get that much for blu
 Asura.Niloc
Serveur: Asura
user: Niloc
By Asura.Niloc 2009-05-11 06:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Blue Magic Skill+ for magical spells like eyes on me etc, is like elemental skill for BLMs, it doesnt raise the damage just lowers the resist rate. For physical spells though Blue Magic Skill+ does raise the damage. So for spells like Mind Blast, Errant Body or Morrigan Robe would make more damage then just AF body, but AF body would lower resist.