Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 859 860 861
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-25 10:48:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Phatstackodax said: »
i put in my code for the item from the concert late saturday. it registers under my SE account. item still hasn't shown up in dbox. am i supposed to do something else to receive it?

After logging out and back on at least once, talk to a festive Moogle.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2012-09-25 11:31:35
Link | Citer | R

thanks Sylow. that was the step i was missing.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-09-25 12:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Any one have a problem with some XIvision maps not appearing in game after a few updates ago? I recopied all the XIvision maps into the proper places but it's like some maps aren't there, maps that I remember being all marked before. Maybe it's just me.

Theres a new thread addressing this... basically you need to get vision 2.0

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-25 19:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Anyone else notice that Red Curry Bun +1 only lasts 30 min now?
Always has. Exception to the normal NQ=30 min, HQ=60 min standard.
By Zephin 2012-09-25 19:52:42
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Anyone else notice that Red Curry Bun +1 only lasts 30 min now?
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-09-25 20:09:50
Link | Citer | R

solo Kirin possible?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-25 20:10:18
Link | Citer | R

Anyone notice that Red Curry Bun +1 has always lasted 30 minutes?

Same with Yellow Curry Bun +1:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/5763/y-curry-bun-1
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-09-25 20:29:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Wulfgarson said: »
solo Kirin possible?
Upbeat did it on BST with a lot of meds using Raphie. He cheated a bit by giving himself a mythic but I think that mostly amounts to fewer Dawn Mulsums used. Google for the video.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-25 20:39:23
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Cerberus.Wulfgarson said: »
solo Kirin possible?
Upbeat did it on BST with a lot of meds using Raphie. He cheated a bit by giving himself a mythic but I think that mostly amounts to fewer Dawn Mulsums used. Google for the video.
A no-gear swap bst made me wait like a half hour while he soloed it, with his falcor tanking suzy genbu kirin and byakko by the time it died once. They just had a lot of mulsums.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-09-25 20:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Anyone tweaking their cure sets after this update?

hieros mittens look like they could be useful.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-25 22:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Anyone tweaking their cure sets after this update?

hieros mittens look like they could be useful.
All those jobs except BLU can wear augur's gloves, which I'd excpect to be roughly as good or better except maybe on C5/6 without checking builds. BLU gets a little mileage out of them over Mavi Bazubands +2, but it's roughly equivalent to adding about 4-5 MND and you'd be adding gear to an already-cramped inventory. Wouldn't bother with them personally. Dunno about the Cursna enhancement given the complete lack of testing on the subject, can't hurt of course.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-09-25 23:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Is there a KI required to break the 100 cap for fishing? I recall having one for Goldsmithing but didn't see anything on wiki or BG.
By Gimpness 2012-09-26 20:02:02
Link | Citer | R

I recently, about a month ago, got a new laptop... and when I'm doing anything, even with one character my fps is at like 8 or 9 :/ it's terrible (Unless I'm in my Mog House doing nothing, then it's at 29.4.. at most). When I 2-box I can't really do anything at all... Just kinda wondering if there'd be any reason it'd be that low. I have all my drivers up to date and I double checked to be sure it's not running the game on the integrated graphics card, since it uses an Intel one on 2-D applications to save power. I even tried completely disabling the it and it didn't help.

Here are the specs, just in case something's just not compatible with xi and I'm 'tarded (wasn't able to find anything on my own so I thought I'd ask here):

Model: MSI GE60 0ND-042US
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor 2.3-3.3GHz 6MB
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Running Windows 7 64 bit, really have no problems with anything other than XI, can even run Skyrim and Crysis 2 at max settings perfectly fine.

Just seems funny to me, since my desktop (at home, away for school for a while, living in dorms blah blah blah) only had 4GB of memory, a 1GB Radeon Graphics card (think it was a 5770?) and was running one of the dual core AMD Phenom II processors... yet would stay at 29-32 fps almost all the time, unless I was near a telepoint on three characters or something, but I have .dat swaps done so most ***doesn't glow anymore. Just kinda stuck at this point since it seems pointless to ship out my desktop just to play this >_>.

Any help's appreciated.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-28 09:23:38
Link | Citer | R

Is Dvali Jonah highly resistant or possibly immune to stun? Just curious cause Sudden Lunge didn't seem to be working. I could be wrong though...I may have been too distracted to pay attention.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-28 09:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Gimpness said: »
I recently, about a month ago, got a new laptop... and when I'm doing anything, even with one character my fps is at like 8 or 9 :/ it's terrible (Unless I'm in my Mog House doing nothing, then it's at 29.4.. at most). When I 2-box I can't really do anything at all... Just kinda wondering if there'd be any reason it'd be that low. I have all my drivers up to date and I double checked to be sure it's not running the game on the integrated graphics card, since it uses an Intel one on 2-D applications to save power. I even tried completely disabling the it and it didn't help.

Here are the specs, just in case something's just not compatible with xi and I'm 'tarded (wasn't able to find anything on my own so I thought I'd ask here):

Model: MSI GE60 0ND-042US
Processor: Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor 2.3-3.3GHz 6MB
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

Running Windows 7 64 bit, really have no problems with anything other than XI, can even run Skyrim and Crysis 2 at max settings perfectly fine.

Just seems funny to me, since my desktop (at home, away for school for a while, living in dorms blah blah blah) only had 4GB of memory, a 1GB Radeon Graphics card (think it was a 5770?) and was running one of the dual core AMD Phenom II processors... yet would stay at 29-32 fps almost all the time, unless I was near a telepoint on three characters or something, but I have .dat swaps done so most ***doesn't glow anymore. Just kinda stuck at this point since it seems pointless to ship out my desktop just to play this >_>.

Any help's appreciated.

FFXI hates new graphics cards. I have a GeForce 330M that it runs fine on. Try installing the NVidia 266.58 driver, maybe?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Graphical_Lag

That driver specifically was noted to fix graphics compatibility issues with FFXI.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-09-28 10:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a reasonable (easy enough to get/reasonably priced) DNC/THF MDT set? :D

I've not done much VW and I don't really want to jump into a group without things like Temp Items, so if it's doable without pieces from there I'd appreciate it!

So far all I've found is Merman's gear (and Lore, but that has 1% lower MDT per piece ><). Atm I have a Minerva's Ring and Twilight Torque.

This is all I've come up with so far:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/274095

I considered adding Mollusca Mantle too, but I don't like the thoughts of trying to kite/run from something and having that weighing me down.

Atm I have 7M'ish or so to spend, so if it's doable under that - I'd be grateful :D
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-28 10:19:15
Link | Citer | R

avalon bplate is only slightly more money but thats all i can think of, other than mujin for maeva (lol)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-28 10:31:33
Link | Citer | R

engulfer cape is pretty nice and it's dirt cheap here, don't know about your server. merman's earrings are -2% each. Would really suggest shadow ring since the procrate on it is actually fairly high (>10%); shells that farm ADL are probably flooring them so you could buy on the semi-cheap or you could shout for a few other people and spam him for a run or two.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-28 10:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Indeed.

He's not that hard to kill these days, either. Especially if you can manage some Embrava up in that.
 Asura.Thanquol
Serveur: Asura
user: Thanquol
By Asura.Thanquol 2012-09-28 10:41:38
Link | Citer | R

From time to time I like to go skill up in Abyssea, and I have noticed that the mobs that I fight are sometimes DC, sometimes EV, and sometimes T, VT or IT. Why is this different every time? Is it random? If not, what influences the strength of the mobs?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-28 10:46:54
Link | Citer | R

When you kill a claimed monster it will respawn at a higher level the next time it respawned. If they despawn (due to not having been killed), they will level down again. Killing unclaimed monsters does not level them up and may have the same effect as despawning.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-09-28 11:10:01
Link | Citer | R

Thanks a bunch guys! :D I knew there were a few things I was missing (no idea how I didn't see Merman Earrings in Item search though).

Avalon is about 1M or so on Sylph atm, and super rare on the AH (Merman's 300k, but even rarer ><), I might try and camp Sandworm sometime to farm one up. Might have to go start doing WoE aswell for that cape! D:

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Rebo
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2012-09-28 18:43:30
Link | Citer | R

ACP final fight, soloable these days? and if so, what jobs?
By Gimpness 2012-09-28 18:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Gimpness said: »
***'s borked.

FFXI hates new graphics cards. I have a GeForce 330M that it runs fine on. Try installing the NVidia 266.58 driver, maybe?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Graphical_Lag

That driver specifically was noted to fix graphics compatibility issues with FFXI.

Alright, thanks, trying that now~
By Gimpness 2012-09-28 18:58:09
Link | Citer | R

Gah, the Nvidia 266.58 driver says it's incompatible with my system when I go to install it.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 859 860 861