Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 848 849 850 851
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-07 20:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Obvious stuff (did you unplug it and plug it back in)

Sandorian in Sandoria (not a rent a room)
You actually talked to the moogle
Mahogany bed is in safe 1 and laid out
Fame is actually capped
First quest is actually finished

It's easy to forget a thing youve done 20 times but not on this specific character.
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-07 20:07:45
Link | Citer | R

yes to all. I checked each of those.
i was actually surprised sandy fam was capped when i check with the fame checker. I had forgotten id done that on him long ago.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-07 20:20:35
Link | Citer | R

wiki says its "other" fame, which makes sense since the quest can take place in all 3 nations.

Go turn in some Cornettes.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 01:19:10
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
"other" fame,
yea, not sure what 'other fame' is supposed to be. In the walk through it says lvl 5 fame in home nation.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 02:06:16
Link | Citer | R

ffxiclopedia says home nation fame
bgwiki says "other fame"

Would it hurt to trade in a stack or two of cornettes and bump windy fame up a little and see if that affects it, seeing as how you've tried everything else and are out of ideas?
By Pantafernando 2024-06-08 02:35:51
Link | Citer | R

Would it hurt

It would cost millions!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-08 03:00:16
Link | Citer | R

If only I defined what "other fame" is like 10 posts ago. Have you even checked what your selbina/mhaura fame is? Why ask for help then ignore all the help that you're being given? Just figure it out yourself in that case.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-08 03:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Plot twist: Is Godofgods actually Kruel???
By Shichishito 2024-06-08 11:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Are there more items with bar spell enchantments?

looking thru bgwikis enchantment item list I only found cossie bottom and swimming togs for barfire but I think the list isn't comprehensive?

Some other noteworthy enchantments I've found:
water spirit ring
food duration shield 1
food duration shield 2
potency (crit rate) head
also remember some shield with a buff absorb enchantment but forgot the name.
absorbing shield
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-06-08 11:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
also remember some shield with a buff absorb enchantment but forgot the name.
Maybe Absorbing shield?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-08 11:25:33
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=enchant&level[0]=2#adv
https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=enchant&level[0]=70#adv
https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&description=enchantment%3A%20bar#adv

(level 1 is mostly costumes so start at 2)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 14:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
If only I defined what "other fame" is like 10 posts ago. Have you even checked what your selbina/mhaura fame is? Why ask for help then ignore all the help that you're being given? Just figure it out yourself in that case.
Because there is no selbina/mahura fame checker?
Now iv been unintentionally gone for about 8 years, so im fully willing to accept my forgetting things. So i looked on bg and there was none listed for those areas.
Alls that was listed for those two
"Selbina is linked directly with Bastok and San d'Oria.
Mhaura and Kazham are directly linked with Windurst."

So no, im not ignoring 'everyone trying to help'. Just you. Because despite my replies to your suggestion, you never once actually mentioned how to go about doing that.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 14:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Would it hurt to trade in a stack or two of cornettes and bump windy fame up a little and see if that affects it, seeing as how you've tried everything else and are out of ideas?
True enough. Ill see about it next time im on.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 15:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Im surprised no one jumped in with “you cant trade a stack of cornettes, they dont stack you idiot, delete yourself”.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-08 15:48:32
Link | Citer | R

Im more surprise about that paranoiac comment.

Maybe dont make that many enemies in every corner.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 15:53:36
Link | Citer | R

This is ffxi
I but have one enemy
He just happens to have 10,000 accounts
Gotta keep my head on a swivel

Kaicueiwhb
Jfkeiwudnk
Jsudyejwka
Ififielwjr
Ididnrmeoa
Ishsbrnele

Etc
Etc
And theyre all galkas
By Nariont 2024-06-08 16:17:28
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Because there is no selbina/mahura fame checker?

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Reputation#Reputation_Reporters

Is that not what these NPCs are? Mhaura seems linked to windy if im understanding it correctly
 Odin.Boogs
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-06-08 16:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Is the Haste Samba from trust Uka Totlihn 5%? Or does she get the merit bonus for some reason?

Also, the Dual Wield chart on BG, does that assume Haste Samba merits for the Dancer main column (I assume it does, otherwise why differentiate between sub or main)?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 16:46:35
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Is that not what these NPCs are? Mhaura seems linked to windy if im understanding it correctly

Thanks. Ill go check next time im on.
Interesting note: that wiki link lists rabo and selbina together. While i was looking on bg, where it listed bastok/sandy/raboo together (no selbina or mhaura). In fact, bg does not mention selbina or mhaura in the fame checkers section. Only that they are linked to sandy/bastock and windy.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-08 17:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Godofgods said: »
So no, im not ignoring 'everyone trying to help'. Just you. Because despite my replies to your suggestion, you never once actually mentioned how to go about doing that.

Oh no, so sorry I didn't give you step by step instructions on how to Google "where do I check my mhaura and selbina fame?"

Thorny already made a very well worded post about this issue in the IT field in that other thread but I'm going to take a minute to stand on my soap box because it's just as *** aggravating in any troubleshooting setting. People like this are extremely irritating. They list the problem, you take some time and give a solution to try, you receive a fusillade of replies amounting to "actually I am an expert at this, I tried x y z already", while still having not solved the problem; sometimes, like in this case, they even try to blame you for not having the solution. This is annoying for two major reasons,

A) They obviously have no idea what the problem is

B) There is no context, timeframe, or chronicle of how they went through the steps they claim to have tried

So being met with indignance and shitassery as a response to your attempt to help is so *** aggravating. I'm sure plenty of people around here have had this problem multiple times both in game and out, and you know exactly what I'm talking about here.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 18:11:30
Link | Citer | R

So being met with indignance and shitassery as a response to your attempt to help is so *** aggravating.
That pretty sums up how i felt about your response to me'
I was quite clear that i hadnt been active in about 8 years. Needless to say, iv forgotten many a fine detail in game. So yea, no surprise i need a refresher on some details. - You mention selbina fame. Even tho i recalled selbina being linked to sandy and bastok, i figured i could easily be wrong. 8 years and all. So i went to bg to check. And on there fame page, they have zero mention about a selbina fame checker. Or one for mahura for that matter. It only mentioned that selbina is linked to sandy/bastok and mahura to windy. - When i mention that, you just start rambling and attacking. You could have just pointed out the fame checker in raboo thats supposed to be for raboo and selbina. A detail i forgot, and is not listed in bg wiki. The whole thing could have been over right there. Instead you ramble and atk one. Getting neither of us anywhere.
So being met with indignance and shitassery as a response to your attempt to help is so *** aggravating. :)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-08 18:14:16
Link | Citer | R

You're rewriting history. I explained to you exactly how it works.

No, bg says "other" fame which is mhaura/selbina. Afaik raising fame in Sandoria doesnt raise fame in Selbina, but raising fame in Selbina does raise fame in Sandoria. The exceptions to that were Kazham and Norg

This tells you what you need to know regarding fame interactions for this quest.

You chose to ignore that. I was also cordial in every response up to the most recent, so you're making ***up there too.

You're making up a fake problem to cover your ***, that's called a strawman. If you didn't know where the fame checker was (despite obviously understanding what fame checkers are, because you went on to later talk about how you checked your San d'oria fame), why didn't you ask? Why assume I can read your mind? Want me to wipe your *** for you next time you take a ***too?

Ultimately this isn't a personal problem with just you, it's everyone who decides that the help they're receiving is beneath them without even taking the time to explain what they aren't understanding. It's disrespectful and petulant, so I responded in kind.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 18:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »

Ok, ran the mule from bastok out to raboo where this fame checker for raboo and selbina is supposed to be.
Brings back some rly old memories of running mules everywhere. Getting main tele crystals, and doing the supply runs for each of the starter zones... for 8-10 mules worth.. lol Fun times'

Anyway, raboo/selbina fame checker shows fame capped at 9.
Sandy (home nation) capped at 9
bastok capped at 9
windy lvl 4

Guess ill do some for windy to see if it makes any difference in getting this quest to start.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 21:04:23
Link | Citer | R

I never thought i would have this much trouble getting someone to go on vacation...
So now i have lvl 9 capped fame in sandy (home), bastok, windy, and selbina/raboo (and by extension, likely jeuno). Iv completed the first mog safe quest. But can no get the second one to start.

I dont have any other quest giving furnishings that im aware of. But none the less, i took them all down in groups.
The only active quest i have (at all) is the starting one for abyssea.
(Mahogany bed is in safe 1. zoned a million times, talked to moogle. In home nation room)
Running outta ideas...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-08 21:12:01
Link | Citer | R

There only exists about 7 things that could stop you from it and you say all of them are checked.

The only thing left is you started it already and forgot. just need to trade the items. Or you're wrong about one of the checked boxes.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2024-06-08 21:35:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There only exists about 7 things that could stop you from it and you say all of them are checked.

The only thing left is you started it already and forgot. just need to trade the items. Or you're wrong about one of the checked boxes.
I jsut went and rechecked with the fame npcs for sandy, bastok, windy, and selbina/raboo. Confirmed that all give the lvl 9 fame hero speech.
I have the first mog safe quest listed in the completed quests window. And i have the 60 slot safe to confirm that. And i actually remember doing that one.
I removed ALL furnishing out of my mh in sandy. Zoned, waited, nothing. Layed out the mahogany bed. Zoned, waited, nothing.
They first abyssea quest is the only thing listed in the 'current quests' window.
I tried trading the items for the quest to moogle anyway, he wont take them. And its not listed as started in the current quests. SO it seems that i didnt start it yet.

so i dont know..
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-06-09 06:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Late to the party, but you need to talk to the Moogle at least once and get the dialogue about what light your house is aglow[maybe it has to be after you place the bed and before zoning out? so you should try removing and replacing the bed then talking]. Once you do that, zone out and wait at least 60 seconds. Zone back in, talk to the Moogle again. The first conversation starts the timer to let the quest begin.

Pretty sure you don't actually need other/outlands fame either, I get all 3 done on my Windurstian starter characters with no intentional fame quests besides Windurst(Mandragora-Mad x80) and Adoulin[which is almost certain to be unrelated].

Edit: Confirmed I have a mule with the quests done, where the only other quests are:
Mandragora-Mad
Tenshodo Membership
Gobbiebag 1-10

(unlikely to matter)
support: ceizak
eastern waypoints ho
western waypoints ho
records of eminence
full fields ... flotsam finding (garden unlock quests)

(it technically has the flower quests for safe2 done as well, but my automation does that *after* doing the safe1 expansion so wouldn't matter)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-09 06:09:58
Link | Citer | R

It's funny, the editors fixed it to correctly say "home nation" but never fixed it in the first box.

But fame isn't the issue here at least
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2024-06-09 09:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Possibly a stupid question, but you are placing a standard mahogany bed, right? Not the red/blue/green/whatever colored variant?
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-06-09 11:23:21
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Late to the party, but you need to talk to the Moogle at least once and get the dialogue about what light your house is aglow[maybe it has to be after you place the bed and before zoning out? so you should try removing and replacing the bed then talking]. Once you do that, zone out and wait at least 60 seconds. Zone back in, talk to the Moogle again. The first conversation starts the timer to let the quest begin.
Surprisingly (if memory serves), this was the fix for me when I had this same issue years ago. I was talking to the moogle too quickly after zoning in and giving up.
First Page 2 3 ... 848 849 850 851