Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 791 792 793 ... 831 832 833
By LightningHelix 2023-05-20 13:59:26
Link | Citer | R

Did master levels change aggro behavior somehow? Like do monsters that check IEP not aggro or something?
By Dodik 2023-05-20 16:38:21
Link | Citer | R

Master levels are effectively normal level ups, just the displayed level doesn't change from 99.

Mobs that used to check IEP at 99 will stop aggroing once you get enough master levels, yes.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2023-05-21 12:27:41
Link | Citer | R

Realized I have 2 Athena Orbs that I never used and want to use them before the free period ends (haven't played since 2016). I've never done Heroines' Holdfest before.
1- Can you summon trusts?
2- Is it soloable for an ilv119 DRK (AG Apoc) with some job points, or will I need help?
3- I don't see any rewards aside a title on the BC's BG wiki page. So it's just a battlefield done for fun?
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-22 14:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
So it happened to me for the third time. Last time this happened was, I dunno, october 2022? November? December? Sometimes around that I guess.

Basically I login and a lot of my macros are gone, completely empty.
I think it's not "random", it's whole lines. The Alt and Ctrl lines #1 of each (some?) books. Not entirely sure about this but I think I nailed it.

What could be the cause of it? I don't get it.
Is it a matter of me overwriting dats and accidentally overwriting one of the dats that stores the macro info for the first line of each/some macro book?
Is it a matter of game patch sometimes breaking things for me?
Is it something else?

I don't know what to say other than yesterday everything was fine, today I login again after the patch and some lines of my SCH macrobook were gone completely. I didn't even bother to check every other book, I was in a rush to enter Sortie with friends.

I tried to backup from the server, but nothing happened, I still had the same missing lines.
Only thing that "solved" the issue for me is using a Config backup I made at the end of january 2023 (after the second time this happened to me I decided to make a backup).
Lost the things I changed after january but it was better than nothing I guess.

So... anybody got a clue what is the cause of this thing I'm experiencing?
Aaaand it happened again, but I noticed the "lines" that get deleted are not always the same.
For instance this time it's the line "3" of my RUN macrobook, and who knows what else.
I swear I have no bloody clue what could be causing this.

Has this seriousy never happened to anybody else before?!

Edit:
Line 3 of my BRD macrobook as well.
Line 3 of my RDM macrobook too.
So it's not all my jobs then...
Many others still have their "line 3", and many others had line 3 empty to begin with so I can't tell if it got deleted or not on those.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-22 15:23:42
Link | Citer | R

kuroki said: »
Nope, never used that or any other "macro-handling" tools, addons or plugins.

As far as I know at least °-°
By Pantafernando 2023-05-23 08:33:37
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Does anyone have a simplfied list of jobs that arent really worth farming cards for?

Thanks
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-23 09:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Don't farm cards for jobs you don't play, no matter how good the af is

Pretty much all 22 jobs want/still use 1/5 af+3 so it's largely irrelevant.

Maybe smn has moved into 0/5
(and whm is 4/5 or 5/5)
By Pantafernando 2023-05-23 15:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Lemme ask, is there some sort of timeout restriction in place?

I noticed that my chars never get to 2 days logged before receiving the error "no response from the server".

Just wondering if its something local, or something already public known.

Just a heads up of this question.

After a couple of days past week when the service reached unbearable lvs, with like 3 to 4 disconnects/no response from server per day, right now my chars are going strong for three days in a row.

I guess maybe some sort of instability from SE servers, or my own ISP instability maybe?, but apparently seems fixed now.

I can afk with safety now
 Valefor.Philemon
Serveur: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2023-05-23 20:07:04
Link | Citer | R

If you possess a rare item in your inventory, can it load in a WoE coffer?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Aable
Serveur: Odin
user: newaable
By Odin.Aable 2023-05-23 22:17:15
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a breakdown/list of how many beads each Geas Fete NM gives? Seem to be over 15k for a full clear with the level 119 NMs in Zi'Tah giving about 70.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-24 07:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Was mewing lullaby nerfed in the last 2 years?

I tried to conduit mewing against lilith, but it seemed it was reducing at most 10-50 TP (never showing “reduces to 0”, but “reduces to 460”, “reduces to 450”, and so forth).

Thanks in advance
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-05-24 09:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Skillchain bonus gear works at time of activation? Like closing a skillchain?
Or works on a first weapon skill in a chain as well?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2023-05-24 09:40:25
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Was mewing lullaby nerfed in the last 2 years?

I tried to conduit mewing against lilith, but it seemed it was reducing at most 10-50 TP (never showing “reduces to 0”, but “reduces to 460”, “reduces to 450”, and so forth).

Thanks in advance

They introduced mewing resistance to certain NMs. Using mewing within a certain amount of time from previous mewing nerfs it badly.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-24 09:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Skillchain bonus gear works at time of activation? Like closing a skillchain?
Or works on a first weapon skill in a chain as well?
I'm pretty sure it's just the closer, considering enhanced SC damage from an opening thing is afaik, something special and unique to JP Konzen-ittai.

I could be balls *** wrong though. I sure as shoot ain't done testing.
By Dodik 2023-05-24 10:42:28
Link | Citer | R

SC bonus gear is on closing ws yes.

Some abilities like sengikori can buff the closing SC when used on an opening ws. Sengikori also goes beyond the SC bonus gear cap.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-24 11:57:38
Link | Citer | R

I have a crazy question about Guarding.
Have there ever been tests performed to see how often on average it's supposed to proc?
Floored value is 5% like Parrying I assume.
Skill supposedly can raise it but the tiers behind are not known, not even for parrying, so good luck finding any data for Guard.

Also I'm not sure how the damage formula works for Monsters hitting Players with physical damage.
I know a successful Guard proc reduces pDIF by 1.0 but I'm not entirely sure on average what % damage that would correspond to.
Well... it depends on the target, its attack and the player's defensive buffs I suppose, but still I'm tryin to picture something more definite here for those very rare guard procs.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-24 13:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Not that this helps you much Sechs and I hope this doesn't sidetrack the conversation, but I always found it interesting that Atma of the Ducal Guard, which gives the effect "(Guard) Damage Taken-: Major" has a 100% uptime on avatars and seems to stack with Avatars' native 50% phys reduction (which isn't actually PDT but maybe more like an SDT of some kind).

It's always made me wonder if avatars have a native 100% guard rate... this may even be the mechanism for the native phys reduction; Perhaps it's not something like SDT but is actually the result of Guard's pDIF reduction. (People have calculated it as a 50% reduction so if my theory is right you may see a roughly 50% reduction from guard procs on players as well.)

Anyway none of this helps you much except to indicate that it's possible guard has no ceiling and can reach 100% proc rate, unless that's just something unique to avatars themselves. Atma of Ducal Guard never fails to proc for an avatar, it's basically just a flat damage reduction. You never see hits for full damage with that atma up.

Of course an alternate explanation is that it's a bug they never fixed because during the Abyssea era it was the only thing keeping pet jobs afloat... I seem to remember it may also work on magic damage which I don't think Guard can proc on so that does seem to hint towards a possible bug.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-25 01:56:34
Link | Citer | R

So, anybody willing to make a tier list for Cornelia's Ring, Epaminondas's Ring and Archon / Weatherspoon+1?
For WSs where the dark/light affinity applies of course.

Is it something like Weatherspoon+1 > Cornelia > Archon > Epaminondas?

I'm kinda wondering for Dark based WSs like, I dunno, Leaden Salute? Sanguine Blade? One ring will definitely be Cornelia, but what should you put on the second slot, Archon as I suspect, or Epaminondas?

I have less doubts for light based WSs (Flash Nova? Seraph Blade?), because I'm pretty confident Weatherspoon+1 will always beat Epaminondas, right? Given how Weather has light affinity+11 and Archon has dark affinity+5.

I have a similar question for a physical WS, Savage Blade. Posting here since it's relevant for multiple jobs.
Cornelia is probably gonna be one of the two rings, but what about Metamorph+1 R15 vs Epaminondas?
In the test I ran I get the two being very close but Epaminondas slightly above, but I'm a bit unconvinced by those results.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-05-25 11:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Sup

Is there any folder where i can get this game maps?

I wanted to make my sortie map with annotations, so wondering if i could either edit those maps or at least get a clean image to write my own guide

Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-25 18:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm kinda wondering for Dark based WSs like, I dunno, Leaden Salute? Sanguine Blade? One ring will definitely be Cornelia, but what should you put on the second slot, Archon as I suspect, or Epaminondas?
They're both direct multipliers to your damage, so if you compare them in a vacuum they're both a 5% increase.

The only thing that really impacts their effectiveness is how much of the stats you already have. Point for point, the one you have less of will be more valuable.

I don't have any jobs that do much dark stuff, but the only other dark attack gear I know of is Pixie+1 right? So you should have 28 dark attack without Archon. That means if all your other gear adds up to at least 28 WSD (which is very easy to get especially if you've got some ranked Nyame), then Archon will beat Epa.

If you don't use Pixie+1 due to iLvl or whatever, then Archon will always beat Epa.

If you have like no WSD at all, or almost none, but do use Pixie+1, that's the only situation where Epa would win.

As for Weatherspoon, yup you nailed it. It's just absolutely beast mode. Even if you're using Daybreak with its light attack +50, the Weatherspoon+1 will still give an increase of 161/150 = roughly 7.3% damage. No way Epa beats that. In fact if you aren't using Daybreak (say for stuff like Trueflight or Seraph Blade), it even beats Cornelia's.

Can't help much on the Savage Blade question, I'm afraid.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-05-26 15:02:23
Link | Citer | R

If one were to go do Beguiling Radiance, the Pil and Sarbaz fight, to get the voidstone KI from them, what would be the best job setup to proc them?

Viable jobs are dds, tanks or mages, not Smn or other pet jobs.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-26 15:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Maybe DNC/NIN + BLM/BRD

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2023-05-26 17:00:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah BLM/BRD was really popular back in the day for those procs. In fact these days they could literally cover 100% of BRD procs if they're ML50 since the highest one is Lv59! That's kind of cool. Too bad basically only botters and their customers have ML50.

Don't forget to bring a job with Requiescat for breaking the Gambit shields, or some other source of non-elemental damage. BLU, COR, or DRK is probably best for that as they have a few procs each as well.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-05-26 18:14:57
Link | Citer | R

kuroki said: »
with rhapsody ki you can /fume every 30 seconds (maybe 1min, one of those) so it isn't hard to find something you are able to proc

It's every 5min, but forgot bout that thanks.
By Pantafernando 2023-05-26 20:28:10
Link | Citer | R

yeah 5 minutes could as well just kill instead
First Page 2 3 ... 791 792 793 ... 831 832 833