Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 789 790 791 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 02:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moonja said: »
Monberaux Yoran and Kuyinn just cuz I dunno what else that won’t debuff.
I mentioned a few trusts you can use in my previous post (with an error: YGNAS! He has a special move that can debuff targets in range, so avoid Ygnas).
But honestly with a GEO and BRD alt you're gonna do great.
I'm sure you already know you need to avoid debuffing bubbles but can use buff bubbles just fine. Indi-STR, Indi-Precision, Indi-Fury can be used just fine.
Only problem you're gonna have with GEO is that every now and then Alexander will use a move that will remove all debuffs and insta-kill all active Luopans.
He will also remove all MP from anybody in range.
This could be a bit annoying for the GEO alt because:

1) If you had refresh/ballad up, they will be removed
2) You won't have a Luopan active so you won't be able to use Full Circle or Radial Arcana to recover MP
3) You can use Convert of course, but that's once per fight whereas the mentioned Alexander move gets used multiple times per fight

It's no big deal if the GEO is a real player I guess, but since you're multiboxing you could find it very annoying to handle.
In which case I might suggest to use COR instead of GEO for that mule, if you have the option to do so.

Also I forgot to mention, Alexander has some conic frontal TP moves, one of which can petrify you (which makes Monberaux very good).
Because of that make sure to position trusts and mules behind Alexander so that they don't get hit by it.
By Blazed1979 2023-05-15 02:43:50
Link | Citer | R

Assuming the gearsets and BlueMagic sets aren't entirely up to date? (the other jobs are a lot easier to work towards intuitively for me because I've played them all for decades, and only started blue about a year before I quit. there's a lot to work with)
my SB's on blue aren't breaking 20k with buffs on Locus mobs, where all these sams are doing 60-99k Jinpus lol. I'm pretty much leeching. it feels poopoo.
I lost all my lua's. could have sworn I put them on my Google and One drive.
By Afania 2023-05-15 09:46:51
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
my SB's on blue aren't breaking 20k with buffs on Locus mobs, where all these sams are doing 60-99k Jinpus lol. I'm pretty much leeching. it feels poopoo.

You have buffs but are they buffed enough to push your pdif at attack cap?

Because even cor could hit 20k sb way back in 2016 at capped attack. Your gear has to be pre-2016 if you can't with capped buffs......

Or you aren't attack capped with buffs.

Quickly checking blu thread I see nyame, which for sure is capable of hitting 50k+ SB at high pdif. It needs wsd augment to be usable though.

Jinpu(or hybrid ws in general) is pretty strong on the right target, no point comparing with it tbh.
 Bahamut.Hirronimus
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hirronimus 2023-05-15 10:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Is World Transfer Service busted? I've paid for service on the 12th, my char is still on original server. Placed a GM call, but the wait time is way too long and when they got back to me, I was afk.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-15 10:34:27
Link | Citer | R

because of the campaign probably.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html
By Pantafernando 2023-05-15 10:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Jinpu dealing 99k is mostly because the hybrid characteristic, and maybe they are using malaise+frailty.

Im not sure how easily is to break 20k, but its dependant onthe pdif. Maybe foe is simply not debuffed enough.

If all it is debuff, check if your set is actually swapping during ws
 Bahamut.Hirronimus
By Bahamut.Hirronimus 2023-05-15 11:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Primex said: »

I'm aware of the campaign, and is the main reason I reactivated my account and paid for World Transfer fee.

Furthermore, on SE Accounts page it shows my char on the destination server already, while I am still logging in to original server.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-15 11:19:45
Link | Citer | R

Like 100% of the time they *** up server transfers. It's just standard procedure. You call. You wait. You question why the *** you spent money on this or play at all. They fix it eventually.
[+]
 Bahamut.Hirronimus
By Bahamut.Hirronimus 2023-05-15 11:22:36
Link | Citer | R

The SE version of 5 Stages of Grief.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-15 11:45:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Hirronimus said: »
Is World Transfer Service busted? I've paid for service on the 12th, my char is still on original server. Placed a GM call, but the wait time is way too long and when they got back to me, I was afk.

If you logged in immediately after transferring, you interrupted the transfer and it will never resolve itself until you talk to a GM and have them fix it. You need to wait until you receive the confirmation email(it's usually 2-3 min, but I default to waiting 10 to be sure if I don't have access to the email on the account).
 Bahamut.Hirronimus
By Bahamut.Hirronimus 2023-05-15 14:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »

If you logged in immediately after transferring, you interrupted the transfer and it will never resolve itself until you talk to a GM and have them fix it. You need to wait until you receive the confirmation email(it's usually 2-3 min, but I default to waiting 10 to be sure if I don't have access to the email on the account).

Well, ***. Guess in my haste I *** myself. So what do I do now? Send GM call and wait for them to answer?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-15 14:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Send GM call and wait for them to answer?
yes

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-15 15:20:40
Link | Citer | R

Drop rate is not stellar but it's nowhere as bad as Lilith or Shinryu.
It's sorta similar to Caith Sith and Odin. Decent I'd say? Plus if I recall Alexander has a smaller pool of possible items, which means more chances to get what you need compared to, say, Lilith.
By shazbot 2023-05-15 20:16:14
Link | Citer | R

two part question!

1) does Inundation work with two weapons types? leaden > seraph> leaden?

2) does inundation stack with allies roll?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-05-15 21:43:33
Link | Citer | R

shazbot said: »
two part question!

1) does Inundation work with two weapons types? leaden > seraph> leaden?

2) does inundation stack with allies roll?

Yes, it should give a 1.2x boost.

Allies roll adds flat Skillchain bonus trait to members, so it's a different effect, but yeah they work together, I'm pretty sure.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-05-16 02:28:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure there isn't anything to do about this, but just wondering since it has happened twice in the last few days now.

Tonight I was in Sortie, the other day I was in Alex HTBF. I sat and watched as everyone slowly R0d to the point where I get booted and then get the message that it can't connect to the lobby. I restart pc, now I can't log in again, just keep getting some bs error.

This entire time I'm watching Hulu, no issues, which is connected by wifi.

My pc is connected with a cable.

Also, Sortie is just crap for me, usually not to the point I dc, but constant R0ing that makes me "interrupt" my spells and annoying things.

/endrant! :p

~guess I’m done with sortie for tonight! 1.5hrs and still can’t log in. Haha

When Sortie was introduced I lagged so badly I couldn't see where my party members ran to, or play BLU and trying to change spells midrun.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56713/packetflow-for-ashita-and-windower/

Seems to have fixed it for me.

Post deleted by User.
By Dodik 2023-05-16 06:33:20
Link | Citer | R

I like packetflow for outside of instances

Careful, some things do not work well with packetflow enabled outside instances. Like selling items to npcs really quickly or various other addons that do things quickly.
 Bahamut.Noscrying
user: NoScrying
By Bahamut.Noscrying 2023-05-16 06:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Dodik said: »
I like packetflow for outside of instances

Careful, some things do not work well with packetflow enabled outside instances. Like selling items to npcs really quickly or various other addons that do things quickly.

Can you expand on that?
I use Sellnpc everyday after mog garden, or weekly sparks, no issues have ever occured for me
By Dodik 2023-05-16 07:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Noscrying said: »
Can you expand on that?

I had packetflow enabled for out of instances, used sellnpc to sell my weekly prism powder batch. The log chat said "selling XXX number of powders", some 5k or so, but the number of "sold 99 powders" messages afterwards seemed too few.

When I checked my inventory all the powders were gone but I didn't get the gil I should've for the amount sold. I don't remember how many actually sold, was in the tens or a dozen, much less than what I had.

The only time I've seen this happen is with packetflow enabled outside instances.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-16 07:17:47
Link | Citer | R

I do not believe that to be likely, and the lack of actual data or even strict numbers makes me question the validity of your observations. The injected 'packets' sent by addons are not actually packets, but simply instructions for the server. A packet can contain many instructions, and both windower and ashita inject instructions by appending them to the end of an outgoing UDP packet's instruction list.

So, on Ashita, you'd send approximately 60 items worth of sell instructions in a single outgoing UDP packet. On windower, it may be less, like 20-25. Using packetflow won't change that, it only changes the amount of time between UDP packets. If 'selling too fast' were a problem, you'd expect it to surface from the amount of sales in a single packet. But, that's never been reported to be an issue, and people routinely sell 80 stacks in only 2 actual UDP packets on Ashita.

So, logically, there's very little case for a scenario where packetflow would cause the server to lose track of your gil. It is almost certain that the same process removes the items and increases your gil, and with or without packetflow that process is executing in a single thread.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-16 07:18:16
Link | Citer | R

I recently installed some graphic updates to make XI look better and I noticed since the version update that my buff icons at the top of the screen are back to retail versions - marches aren’t blue minuets aren’t red etc. I know I’ve seen posts about needing to re-do…something after version updates sometimes but I can’t find it anywhere. Help? ?

Edit: XIView ROM folder update did the trick.
By Taint 2023-05-16 08:38:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I recently installed some graphic updates to make XI look better and I noticed since the version update that my buff icons at the top of the screen are back to retail versions - marches aren’t blue minuets aren’t red etc. I know I’ve seen posts about needing to re-do…something after version updates sometimes but I can’t find it anywhere. Help? ?

Before I jack up my files, what did you do to update it?
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2023-05-16 08:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Taint said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

Before I jack up my files, what did you do to update it?

https://github.com/KenshiDRK/XiView

Download the zip, extract, copy and paste the ROM folder into your C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI, replace files in destination, reboot game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-17 01:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Is multi-boxing talk kosher on these forums or is it a bud light Mulvaney situation?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-05-17 05:52:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Is multi-boxing talk kosher on these forums or is it a bud light Mulvaney situation?

multi-boxing, yes

bots(including bots written in lua and disguised as gearswap profiles), no
First Page 2 3 ... 789 790 791 ... 836 837 838