Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 774 775 776 ... 843 844 845
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-04 09:16:12
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to limit/better define a search command in findall?

If I want to find every piece of Ea (I hate this damn set because of that) can I do something to only find "Ea" and not absolutely everything with ea in it.

Like only items that start with ea instead of all items that have ea (without typing Ea hat, Ea cuffs etc)
 Bahamut.Skald
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-03-04 09:59:32
Link | Citer | R

findall does take apostrophe so there is that, "Ea's" does return a couple KI but certainly far less than the log flooding "Ea".
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-04 10:04:16
Link | Citer | R

They're just Ea, not Ea's

The su5 set, not the salvage set
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2023-03-04 10:52:04
Link | Citer | R

well dang. ya idk.

must be a way to implement 'starts with' like you said or case sensitivity in the code?
 Valefor.Matic
Serveur: Valefor
user: Matic
By Valefor.Matic 2023-03-06 14:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
(if you weren't around, bard used to tank back in 2006(ish) because songs gave 600% enmity on top of being high base enmity and were altered)
Also, they reduced enmity on poison and sleep and stun etc etc because again, they're not "supposed to be" tank tools.

yea i remember the bard song enmity debacle. That was an extreme case and needed to be balanced imo. I did enjoy using NIN/DRK back then, so I suppose I'd prefer to keep the old enmity values of stun/sleep etc, but really, I'm fine with the balancing decisions they've made.

I guess I'm just saying I don't ever want to see some patch notes like "We have made an enmity adjustment to all non-tank/healer JAs and spells so that they now give 0 VE/CE" because that would be an extreme in the other direction. Although to be fair I don't ever see that happening, thankfully.

--edit: not sure why the quote feature put my response in quotes but left out the part of your post that I had correctly formatted to be quoted, but w/e who really cares at this point. anyway, cutting and pasting the quoted part right back where it was seemed to fix it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-06 15:18:13
Link | Citer | R

How does Tachi: Shoha hold up these days? I assume it's used in idk, Kasha > Shoha > Fudo for Light > Light? Well, at least prior to/in lieu of Dojikiri.

What's the best Merited WSes?

Fastest/best way to acquire Empyrean WSes from WoE?

Best physical, hybrid, and elemental WSes for each weapon?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-06 15:24:35
Link | Citer | R

Only really used to multi step, yeah

Most of em are linkers only just like shoha, last stand is the only real stand out (resolution)

Just buy them, not sure what you mean exactly. Fastest, they're buyable.

Every weapon only has 1 or 2 magic/hybrid so by default you should know them. Same with physical, it's always the same ones.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-06 16:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
How does Tachi: Shoha hold up these days? I assume it's used in idk, Kasha > Shoha > Fudo for Light > Light? Well, at least prior to/in lieu of Dojikiri.

Best physical, hybrid, and elemental WSes for each weapon?

Aside from double light/Radiance, Shoha is good whenever you don't want to skillchain. i.e. the NM heals from magic damage or magic damage triggers an enrage or something similar. Gin and Kin are decent examples where spamming Shoha would usually be better than risking a heal or barrier off of a Light SC.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-03-07 08:18:12
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kurokishi said: »
what's the best approach for farming beads as drk? no other options atm. part of it is asura problems with so many ppl killing fast but i don't remember how the evaluations work other than crits being good.

DRK/nin with this?

ItemSet 390341

Should be around 98%+ crit rate :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-03-07 09:26:28
Link | Citer | R

getting 1000 isn't about kill shots, it's more about fulfilling other objectives. Usually, crit hits are best to get to 1000. I don't even WS when I do DI. I just put on a crit build and go to town. Sometimes if they die way too fast, I don't get 1000, but if it lives about a minute I can usually get it pretty easy.

DW jobs are much easier to do it on though.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2023-03-08 17:15:05
Link | Citer | R

I have so many questions to ask about the unimplemented areas revealed in today's We Are Vana'diel.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-09 01:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Suteru said: »
I have so many questions to ask about the unimplemented areas revealed in today's We Are Vana'diel.
wat
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-03-09 02:56:49
Link | Citer | R

The ones I certainly wouldn't skip for their jobs:
- Stardiver is a staple for DRG on many weapons
- Upheaval for Great Axe WAR (especially with Chango)
- Last Stand is generally your best physical marksmanship WS for COR or RNG
- Entropy is a fantastic utility WS for DRK (refill MP)
- Blade: Shun gets a lot of use for NIN, not too uncommon to have a situation where it's your best katana WS option and it's used frequently for SCs.

The rest are generally used more for SC purposes, or getting aftermath on an Aeonic weapon. Requiescat also has niche uses due to being non-elemental damage (which can, for example, bypass Caturae mob shields). Prob good to at least unlock at level 1 for any jobs/weapons you regularly use.

If you mean whether there are efficient WoE farming methods for Coins/Devious Dice/Liminal Residue... nah, you're better off buying those and using your time on more profitable/useful activities (e.g., Sheol for gil while also building segments, Ambuscade, even farming Omen for cards/swarts).

Get the free -1 weapon from Ru'Lude magian moogle, do three magian trials to complete the final stage weapon, then bring the completed weapon to the moogle NPC in Walk of Echoes lobby area to unlock the WS.

Magian trials for each weapon are:
1) 30 WoE Coins (Glory, Birth, etc. - different ones are used for different weapons)
2) 100 Devious Die
3) 100 Liminal Residue

Especially if you have mules, buying these with login points in months when they are up is a good way to stock some up (or there tend to be more up in bazaars then due to new supply).
[+]
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2023-03-09 12:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Is anyone able to get onto Fenrir server today. Been trying for over 7 hours.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-09 12:36:37
Link | Citer | R

Can you ping dns1.square-enix.net? If not, its likely a hop is down between you and SE servers.
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2023-03-09 12:40:53
Link | Citer | R

If I can't log onto sever tomorrow, I will terminate my account.
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2023-03-09 12:43:08
Link | Citer | R

when I type that on internet, it brings up Final Fantasy Official Webpage
By RadialArcana 2023-03-09 12:57:19
Link | Citer | R

I didn't see what you're saying mentioned.

If you're talking about the chocobo woods etc those were made for game trailers and early proof of concept work, they aren't unreleased zones but early work that was never supposed to be used in the final game.

For instance I believe the big tower zone with the telescope was supposed to be heavens tower, which obviously didn't fit with what heavens tower turned into (the inside of a tree instead of a pristine tower).
By waffle 2023-03-10 08:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

RadialArcana said: »
I didn't see what you're saying mentioned.

Suteru is talking about the seven pieces of art at the bottom of this page. https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/gallery/season/?s=11&vol=8&lang=en
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-10 09:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

The ones I certainly wouldn't skip for their jobs:
- Stardiver is a staple for DRG on many weapons
- Upheaval for Great Axe WAR (especially with Chango)
- Last Stand is generally your best physical marksmanship WS for COR or RNG
- Entropy is a fantastic utility WS for DRK (refill MP)
- Blade: Shun gets a lot of use for NIN, not too uncommon to have a situation where it's your best katana WS option and it's used frequently for SCs.

The rest are generally used more for SC purposes, or getting aftermath on an Aeonic weapon. Requiescat also has niche uses due to being non-elemental damage (which can, for example, bypass Caturae mob shields). Prob good to at least unlock at level 1 for any jobs/weapons you regularly use.

If you mean whether there are efficient WoE farming methods for Coins/Devious Dice/Liminal Residue... nah, you're better off buying those and using your time on more profitable/useful activities (e.g., Sheol for gil while also building segments, Ambuscade, even farming Omen for cards/swarts).

Get the free -1 weapon from Ru'Lude magian moogle, do three magian trials to complete the final stage weapon, then bring the completed weapon to the moogle NPC in Walk of Echoes lobby area to unlock the WS.

Magian trials for each weapon are:
1) 30 WoE Coins (Glory, Birth, etc. - different ones are used for different weapons)
2) 100 Devious Die
3) 100 Liminal Residue

Especially if you have mules, buying these with login points in months when they are up is a good way to stock some up (or there tend to be more up in bazaars then due to new supply).

Thanks!

Would you say it's more worth it to focus 5/5 in the Merited WSes across 3 WS or focus a couple for highly played jobs and then just get 1 in there to have the WSes just to have the option on others?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-10 09:44:32
Link | Citer | R

In general 5/5 x3 but if you're a serial job hopper 3% more doesn't matter, especially if they're just openers or utility

Can just put 1 in to unlock it for all of em and be just fine
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2023-03-13 03:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
wat

It says they're from World Concept but I don't remember them. I'll have to grab my copy from the display case and see if they are there. Wonder what the JP text says.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-03-13 04:16:34
Link | Citer | R

I see concept art of a city in the clouds from a game so Odin-centric, and there's only one thing that comes to my mind.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-03-13 04:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Would you say it's more worth it to focus 5/5 in the Merited WSes across 3 WS or focus a couple for highly played jobs and then just get 1 in there to have the WSes just to have the option on others?
You can actually unlock FIVE merit WS, if you faithfully did all your monthly deeds (if you haven't, you better start!)

Concerning your question I'd say it depends on the reason why you're getting the merit WS.

Is it because it's actually a very good damage WS? Go 5/5.
Is it because it's a cool option to open SCs or for its properties? (like Plague on Shijin Spiral for instance).
Then 1/5 will be enough, damage is a secondary aspect in that case.
By Draylo 2023-03-13 04:51:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
I see concept art of a city in the clouds from a game so Odin-centric, and there's only one thing that comes to my mind.

expansion confirmed
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-03-13 13:30:02
Link | Citer | R

Anyone having FPS issues since the update? like stutter FPS issues. I used to have these issues multi boxing, mainly due to fetters and other similar glows but dgvoodoo fixed that long ago.

Since the patch it seems like w/e dgvoodoo was doing to fix it no longer works. Checked to make sure dgvoodoo is still working with watermark and it is, reinstalled it as well with no improvements.
By Manque 2023-03-13 23:31:27
Link | Citer | R

Long time Suteru. Manque from Kujata/Quetz here. JPN translation for you below.

Floating Castle (not Laputa from Ghibli)

Just as you see it, a castle floating in the sky.
You can warp here using an item from the top floor of the tower (vonima’s note: not clear what tower they are referencing).

The outside is a town, and the inside is like a dungeon where the nobles of the town seal monsters inside to observe (outside is a town, inside a dungeon).

A boss level monster can be placed at the top of the tower or in the bottom…

Arrow Box 1 (left)
You can warp from the top level of the tower.

Box 2 (upper right)
Towers are the dwellings of the nobles watching the monsters.

Box 3 (bottom right)
Would be good if this decorative ring could spin.

Second Pic

A castle embraced by clouds.

A phantom castle from a song long ago.
According to legend, moon people, possessing strong magic, live there.

Maybe this was an original Sky concept?
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-03-14 05:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Anyone having FPS issues since the update? like stutter FPS issues. I used to have these issues multi boxing, mainly due to fetters and other similar glows but dgvoodoo fixed that long ago.

Since the patch it seems like w/e dgvoodoo was doing to fix it no longer works. Checked to make sure dgvoodoo is still working with watermark and it is, reinstalled it as well with no improvements.

ya i tried to run into sortie yesterday and R0'd a few times, which ended up killing me cuz i got aggro and had no idea until i caught up to the server again. bleh lol
First Page 2 3 ... 774 775 776 ... 843 844 845