Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 768 769 770 ... 834 835 836
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-01-24 07:35:03
Link | Citer | R

I have been doing Venus because I am lazy. You can get non-rainbow 9th chests on Venus, but maybe they have to at least he gold?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-24 07:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I have been doing Venus because I am lazy. You can get non-rainbow 9th chests on Venus, but maybe they have to at least he gold?

Not talking about 9th chest, talking about terminal coffer itself. 9th can be gold or rainbow on either orb, and I don't know of any evidence the proportion is different(I still see roughly 3:1 rainbow vs gold in mars).
By zithro 2023-01-24 07:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Can someone explain how to build up aftermath and how it works? I'm about to start the journey for an Empy. Thank you!
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-01-24 07:57:36
Link | Citer | R

zithro said: »
Can someone explain how to build up aftermath and how it works? I'm about to start the journey for an Empy. Thank you!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Empyrean_Aftermath

Short version is that when you use the empyrean WS, you get the aftermath buff and it lasts until time runs out, you change weapons, or you overwrite it with a higher level aftermath. Proc rate and duration go up if you apply it with 2000 or 3000 tp, but there's nothing stopping you from saving to 3000 and immediately putting up AM3, so that is what most people would do.

Save 3000 TP, put AM3 up with your empyrean ws, then repeat your most effective WS while it's up. When the duration starts to run low save TP again so you can put it back up as soon as it wears instead of having to save all the way afterwards.
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-24 08:13:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Not talking about 9th chest, talking about terminal coffer itself. 9th can be gold or rainbow on either orb, and I don't know of any evidence the proportion is different(I still see roughly 3:1 rainbow vs gold in mars).
I trust you 100%.
When I stopped reading that thread, there still wasn't a single post about someone using a Venus and getting anything other than a Rainbow as 9th chest.

My personal experience has been different. Around ~200 orbs (mixed Mars and Venus), around ~5% initial rainbow (with no difference that I noticed between mars and venus) and 9th chest has ALWAYS been rainbow for me, regardless of the orb being Mars or Venus.
By zithro 2023-01-24 08:53:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
zithro said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Empyrean_Aftermath

Short version is that when you use the empyrean WS, you get the aftermath buff and it lasts until time runs out, you change weapons, or you overwrite it with a higher level aftermath. Proc rate and duration go up if you apply it with 2000 or 3000 tp, but there's nothing stopping you from saving to 3000 and immediately putting up AM3, so that is what most people would do.

Save 3000 TP, put AM3 up with your empyrean ws, then repeat your most effective WS while it's up. When the duration starts to run low save TP again so you can put it back up as soon as it wears instead of having to save all the way afterwards.

So to start aftermath, save up 3000tp and then WS on any tp?
By Blackhalo714 2023-01-25 00:20:29
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
Nope, unloaded it and same problem. Its like the moment the party engages in battle I drop to like 1~5 FPS. If I tab out the screen and I cant even tab back because the lag is so bad.

Only one I noticed is the Voidwatch addon. Even after unloading still get frame drops.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2023-01-25 15:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Does Shadow Ring's occasionally annul magic damage stack with BRD Carol IIs?
By SimonSes 2023-01-25 15:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Does Shadow Ring's occasionally annul magic damage stack with BRD Carol IIs?

Not really stack, its separate check, but I have no idea which is first.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-01-25 15:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Seemed that way, same with whm emp bonus, questions whether its additive or separate
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-27 12:32:26
Link | Citer | R

So with the "//lua memory" command you can see how much memory each addon is using at any given time.
I've got two questions

1) Is there a similar command to see memory used by Plugins?
2) Is there a way to make the //lua memory command print the results in a txt file or something? Atm I have too many addons and I can only see the end of the list, not all of them.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-01-27 12:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
2) Is there a way to make the //lua memory command print the results in a txt file or something? Atm I have too many addons and I can only see the end of the list, not all of them.

can turn on console log
console_log 1
console_log 0 to stop it
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-27 12:45:53
Link | Citer | R

where is the console log file output placed in?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-01-27 12:47:24
Link | Citer | R

console.log in windower folder
[+]
By Morihei 2023-01-27 12:49:58
Link | Citer | R

I really want to find someone to commission some FFXI art, but I can't find artists that do commissions. Are there any artists I could follow on Twitter/Mastodon/Discord? Instagram? Deviantart? Like, I just need to find SOMEONE to immortalize my Galka before everything disappears into the void.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-27 12:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bippin said: »
console.log in windower folder
The file remains empty, well not necessarily empty, there's stuff I type in there, just not the results of the //lua memory list.

edit:
Nvm stuff is in there. Thanks Bippin!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-01-27 13:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Morihei said: »
I really want to find someone to commission some FFXI art, but I can't find artists that do commissions. Are there any artists I could follow on Twitter/Mastodon/Discord? Instagram? Deviantart? Like, I just need to find SOMEONE to immortalize my Galka before everything disappears into the void.
I've heard people use a site called "Fiverr" for commissions.
[+]
By Morihei 2023-01-27 14:39:23
Link | Citer | R

This looks promising! Thank you! <3
By ProfNES 2023-01-29 11:08:28
Link | Citer | R

Ok, now that I'm actually ON the hecking plot... How was I _supposed_ to get to the other nations for the mandatory visits in like chapter 1? I felt like the game gave me no indication of any goals for anything until I got into the 30s and forced my way to Jeuno on foot because that's where the internet said the mount quests were. Then I started getting cutscene'd and assumed I was finally on the main plot. Until I couldn't find any on-level followups.
So I did choco quests and mount quest and then rode to Windurst and SanDoria (Bastok start), got cutscened in Windurst for something that felt entirely different, figured out where Mhaura was and grabbed subjob (again, internet research). And tl;dr I was lv40 or nearly in 2 jobs before I figured out the right thing to ask the internet to learn that MSQ was basically that whole national military ranking thing they blew over in the intro. But by then I could Home Point everywhere, and even after plot mentioned "taking a ship" multiple times, I can't find anything but airships that I'm locked out of (barring $50k or the mission leg I'm finally on now) and the Mhaura ferry which connects areas that are... basically about as inconvenient as hiking through Jeuno. Is that really what they were on about, or is there some inter-city ferry service that I've been expected to know about since first job lv~20?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-29 12:01:09
Link | Citer | R

There are inter-city Airships that we haven't used since 2006, yes.

But you were expected to walk your *** there, cause you didn't get access till later than that.

This game was built by ***, for ***.
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2023-01-29 12:30:49
Link | Citer | R

ProfNES said: »
Ok, now that I'm actually ON the hecking plot... How was I _supposed_ to get to the other nations for the mandatory visits in like chapter 1?

Back in the day, people would walk around the world just to get to exp camps (and if you walk from Sandy to the dunes just to get exp, it's not much extra work to walk from the dunes to Bastok). Windy being isolated on a whole other continent was annoying, but there was the Selbina-Mhaura ferry to help you cross over. Yes, this game took things slow in the early years, waiting for ferries, waiting for airships, waiting for parties to invite you and for people to gather together at camps that were dangerous to get to. Things got somewhat easier with chocobos and outpost warps, which was the best we had in terms of shortcuts back then. And you'd be more than willing to pay someone 500 gil to teleport you to a crag.

Nowadays if you want to limit exploring, you have home point warps, survival guides, voidwatch warps, abyssea maw warps, nexus cape warps, waypoint/geomagnetic warps ....and to go to places you'be never even been to, you have unity NM warps.

I felt like the game gave me no indication of any goals for anything until I got into the 30s and forced my way to Jeuno on foot because that's where the internet said the mount quests were.

I saw from an old comment that you have a background in FF14. Unlike that game, npcs aren't as obviously marked. This game wanted to you chat with *everyone*, both npcs and players. You noticed pretty quickly if someone had to walk to camp and didn't have a chocobo or a subjob when you invited them to a party. If you were new, more often than not people would offer to explain things to you or hand you a pearl into their linkshell. Now the camaraderie from those days of early leveling are gone, since much of it can be solo'd or power-leveled through, and newer players are bound to get lost and frustrated, especially compared to more modern MMORPGs that do so much more hand-holding.

But the wiki guides have *always* been a tool people would go to to figure out what to do. Even for the new mission updates that we get occasionally, I personally just pop open a guide before I bother trying to figure out what's needed.

... And tl;dr I was lv40 or nearly in 2 jobs before I figured out the right thing to ask the internet to learn that MSQ was basically that whole national military ranking thing they blew over in the intro.

It sounds like you could really benefit from having a linkshell or a mentor to explain some things. People with the big 'M' symbol next to their names are supposed to be mentors, though like in FF14, some just use it to show off and can't be bothered. But try shouting in town asking for someone to help with newbie advice. There is also a chat channel (/assist) specifically made to help people, but it has some issues.

... I can't find anything but airships that I'm locked out of (barring $50k or the mission leg I'm finally on now) and the Mhaura ferry which connects areas that are... basically about as inconvenient as hiking through Jeuno. Is that really what they were on about, or is there some inter-city ferry service that I've been expected to know about since first job lv~20?

No one bothers with the town-to-Jueno airships since homepoint warps became a thing. The Jeuno-to-Khazam airship is still needed if you want a stress-free way to reach Elshimo before you unlock warps there. And yes, you're going to be rewarded with the airship pass after that mission. It was a right of passage back in the day. No one bothers with the Selbina-Mhaura ferry any more, unless you're fishing (or back when the drop was still desired, hunting pirates.). The Mhuara-White Gate ferry is still needed for the Aht Urgan missions, and the White Gate-Nashmau ferry is a stress-free way to unlock access to Nashmau. Once you've unlocked homepoint or survival guide warps, there's no reason to use them any more.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-01-29 12:55:08
Link | Citer | R

Can you reliably and quickly land Purulent Ooze's max HP Down on Ngai with Rayke, or is it still tough?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-01-29 12:55:58
Link | Citer | R

You need it to put its aura up first
 Carbuncle.Nessia
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ProfNES
By Carbuncle.Nessia 2023-01-29 13:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! So all the "you're gonna need to take a ship" stuff that I swear they repeated at least 3 times was really about the Selbina-Mhaura ferry? In retrospect, I don't think I even got to use that when I found it. Paid for a ticket, waited for it, got on, waited for it to leave, and as soon as it left I got dumped back to port without a refund since I didn't have whatever key item pass I needed to be allowed to ride with a paid ticket. Ended up getting pulled into the Gilgamesh pirate island expansion content from which I could get a free shuttle back to either port.

I tried the game ~15 years ago, but after getting burned on Warcrack for not being able to maintain enough of a dedicated gaming schedule for guilds to take me seriously (around getting through undergrad), and most solo-randos being equally flakey or outright toxic, the last thing I wanted was another MMO that hard-required parties/co-op from an even earlier level. So I think I quit around or before my free month was up. But since it's now the only game in the series <15 that I haven't given a solid chance to, I figured I should at least try to finish the basegame for plot before it's completely dead.

Still, compared to XIV, it is VERY obvious that XI was in the "selling you time on the server, so make sure nothing can be done quickly" era as opposed to "selling you content and world access, so make sure it's easy to get to content from anywhere" era.

On a complete aside, since I'm not seeing a dedicated tools/help channel, is there a good place to drop random stuff I end up putting together while playing? E.g. within a week or so of playing and cracking chests on paper, I decided to just put together a coffer solver/helper tool of my own - https://www.psychsoftware.org/stuff/FFXI_treasure/ I can't imagine similar hasn't existed for years, but it's not the kind of thing a wiki would host directly, I don't think, and most resources that aren't community volunteer forums seem to be scummy ad sites, so I can't see more free options hurting anything.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-01-29 13:39:40
Link | Citer | R

Morihei said: »
You might check out Amaipetisu. She's got a twitter by that name. She draws a lot of XIV comms, but she also does XI comms and would be happy to draw your Galka.

Though I don't know her rates these days or if comms are open.

Here's an example of XI work she's done.

[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-29 14:46:01
Link | Citer | R

Afania, yes THE Afania, on this sight is an INCREDIBLE FFXI artist. Could probly just PM her and ask if she's open for commissions!
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2023-01-29 16:53:02
Link | Citer | R

This may be a little strange but I've taken to going out to look for Mog Tablets when they're up. Is there really nothing else to it but running around zones hoping it pops in front of you?

They only pop up when you're within 50 yalms of them at which point they will also show up on wide scan, even if mounted.

Are there any parts of zones where they cannot spawn?

Just trying to collect the unique rewards from the specific tablets.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-01-29 18:02:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
This may be a little strange but I've taken to going out to look for Mog Tablets when they're up. Is there really nothing else to it but running around zones hoping it pops in front of you?

They only pop up when you're within 50 yalms of them at which point they will also show up on wide scan, even if mounted.

Are there any parts of zones where they cannot spawn?

Just trying to collect the unique rewards from the specific tablets.
I used ffxiclopedia, it has maps and known spawn locations. Other than that, yeah just run around aimlessly.

Mog-Tablet Locations
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2023-02-01 07:02:40
Link | Citer | R

I can't get WHM to skill up past 433 Enhancing skill. (MLevel 45, 8 merits).

BEW Pitaru, Moogle, 4 trusts, Liminus earring, 2x tache gear, etc.

What's up with that?

To give an update on this, I gave up trying to skill up through the listed skillup gear but kept using WHM for Odyssey / whatever.

A month later, stuck at 433 skill (417 without merits,) now MLevel 47. 417 is the cap for a level 99 A skill, while WHM's enhancing is only C+. I wonder if something is just broken about the interaction of their skillup formula and master levels.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-02-01 07:46:46
Link | Citer | R

I can't get WHM to skill up past 433 Enhancing skill. (MLevel 45, 8 merits).

BEW Pitaru, Moogle, 4 trusts, Liminus earring, 2x tache gear, etc.

What's up with that?

To give an update on this, I gave up trying to skill up through the listed skillup gear but kept using WHM for Odyssey / whatever.

A month later, stuck at 433 skill (417 without merits,) now MLevel 47. 417 is the cap for a level 99 A skill, while WHM's enhancing is only C+. I wonder if something is just broken about the interaction of their skillup formula and master levels.

Have you tried books?
First Page 2 3 ... 768 769 770 ... 834 835 836