Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 725 726 727 ... 836 837 838
By mhomho 2021-12-19 15:34:48
Link | Citer | R

What covers your MDT? Meva and Mdef are not the same as MDT. Using the Delve bosses in Odyssey as an example. Polar Roar would be magic no? The Trex mostly uses fire special attacks.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 15:37:43
Link | Citer | R

That's what generally means, now you're being specific.

MDT is capped with shell dring and 1 piece of nayme/malig/sakpata etc 5% is kinda wasteful on the cape

PDT requires at least 6 pieces

Generally. If you're fighting something with no physical aoe, constant dispel and spams firaga V, then yeah, that's not a general scenario. You wear 5 DT (or 10 MDT).

Sakpata has 40 Dt over caps mdt and needs 10 PDT cape
Nyame has 38 Dt over caps mdt and needs 10 PDT cape
Malignance has 31 Dt over caps mdt and needs 10 PDT cape

Just examples
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-19 16:04:41
Link | Citer | R

Also, physical attacks are usually more dangerous in general in the current endgame. For example, that T-rex in Odyssey? Barring when aura is up and he's spawning fetters, his magic attacks deal much less damage than his physical attacks (such as Searing Serration, Incinerating Lahar, and the triple bite move).

You also underestimate how much time a strong DD is going to have hate on them in many situations, whether that be because there's more mobs than tanks (like Odyssey), tanks tend to lose hate at least for brief moments (like Dynamis Volte mobs), or you're just soloing.
By mhomho 2021-12-19 16:16:49
Link | Citer | R

How Sakpata etc over cap on MDT with no MDT on them and the DT values not reaching 50 (DT cap).

In your shell example, I acknowledge Dring is still very good, but I would think other options could provide more stats. Even a moonlight ring. Say full Sakpata is 40 DT, why not 5 DT cape and one moonlight ring. Now you're capped on both with

Do you have a full break down of the damage calculatuin formula for reference?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-19 16:19:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
shell
mhomho said: »
Isn't this moar deeps / moar betterer
Just examples
By Vaerix 2021-12-19 17:56:54
Link | Citer | R

How Sakpata etc over cap on MDT with no MDT on them and the DT values not reaching 50 (DT cap).

DT = MDT, PDT and BDT

Shell Provides MDT specifically 11%/16%/22%/26%/29% (sheltered ring adds shell tier/256 value to the original value/256. 11%/17%/23%/27%/31%)

The 50 DT Cap encompasses all forms of BDT, MDT, PDT.

(PDT + DT can never surpass 50 total PDT Value.*
MDT + DT can never surpass 50 total MDT Value.*
BDT + DT can never surpass 50 total BDT Value.)**

With ShellV providing 29% or 31% MDT, Dring providing 10 MDT, You need to find at most 11% MDT or DT to cap.

Whereas what Eiryl was saying is you need to find multiple pieces in order to cap PDT which is why Ambu capes (by and large) favor PDT Augments.

I hope this answered your questions about DT that you may have had.

*= The only exceptions to these rules are jobs with items that provide stats that are in the II category, IE: MDT II and PDT II.

**=Pet DT Values have caps that are not limited by the 50% cap players have and are subject to different modifiers and formulae. IE: Pet: BDT/DT/MDT/PDT and Pet Specific damage modifiers/reductions.
By mhomho 2021-12-19 17:59:15
Link | Citer | R

how does shell work?
is shell v calculated the same as 29% -mdt?
By Vaerix 2021-12-19 18:00:41
Link | Citer | R

how does shell work?
Vaerix said: »
Shell Provides MDT specifically 11%/16%/22%/26%/29% (sheltered ring adds shell tier/256 value to the original value/256. 11%/17%/23%/27%/31%)

A character or trust casts Shell I/II/III/IV/V on another character.

OR

A character or trust casts Shellra I/II/III/IV/V on themselves and it applies Shell to their whole party.
By mhomho 2021-12-19 18:01:26
Link | Citer | R

ok got it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Arianaos
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: arianaos
By Carbuncle.Arianaos 2021-12-22 22:28:09
Link | Citer | R

Beating Maat on that job.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-24 10:09:53
Link | Citer | R

I wasn't subscribed for the release of Seekers of Adoulin, so I probably just missed it. But why do the artifact and relic pieces for both Geomancer and Rune Fencer start at level 99?

Like, I'd guess it has something to do with how most players just normally rushed to Lv.99 by opening treasure chests in Abyssea and stuff. But it feels pretty empty leveling a job from 60 to 99 without a single piece of job-defining gear. And it's pretty pointless as well because it's not even iLvl-119 so it requires upgrade immediately anyway.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-24 12:04:42
Link | Citer | R

It just didn't make sense to make level 50-98 gear in the new era of ilvl. Imagine how bad 50-60 geo AF would actually be lol

it didn't make great sense the way they did it either, but XI decisions rarely do.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-24 12:22:57
Link | Citer | R

It just didn't make sense to make level 50-98 gear in the new era of ilvl. Imagine how bad 50-60 geo AF would actually be lol
It'd be better than literally nothing, though. You can't even buy useful gear with Sparks at those levels. Lv.78 it becomes irrelevant because of the Aurore/Teal/Pearle gear, but for those 20-30 levels it just stagnates.

Even if they were anticipating players to rush to Lv.99, there does exist still-relevant level-capped content. And they already bothered to give every ability, spell, and trait an acquisition level.

I dunno. I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here. It just irks me lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-25 01:05:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
It'd be better than literally nothing, though. l

While I completely get your point about it being weird, and on some level I agree with you... I don't agree that lv 50-60 AF for GEO and RUN would be better than nothing.

IMO, S-E actually did throw GEO and RUN a bone by starting at i109 simply by not requiring them to do the AF/Relic/Empy reforge upgrades. While it doesn't cost a fortune or anything, especially back when those pieces released it wasn't an insignificant cost in job/slot upgrade ingredients, and getting 5-10 Rem's Tales 1-5 was another busywork hurdle I'm fine avoiding. For Empy reforges, I'm particularly happy to have not needed to go get 5 Chloris Buds or Glavoid Shells or whatever.

So while I get that your suggestion of providing those items at a level more consistent with the other jobs' "normal" AF/relic pieces... knowing that the vast majority of people wouldn't actually use them for anything other than an ingredient to reforge into a viable ilevel piece, I'm glad they went the way they did and at least saved players a little bit of gil/time in the inevitable reforging process.

If anything, a better solution than lower level RUN and GEO JSE armors would just be to maybe make a couple of NPC/sparks purchasable armor sets at those levels as a substitute if you really wanted to actually gear, say, a lv60 RUN for whatever reason.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-25 21:55:23
Link | Citer | R

That's a really good answer. It makes a lot of sense.

Though now all I can think of is that they could just skip the 109 level altogether. Instead of skipping the Lv.52~60 items, they could have you upgrade them straight to 119. One thing that I dislike about the item level mechanic is that anything that isn't already 119 just feels like a stepping stone, rather than an upgrade in itself.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-25 22:22:29
Link | Citer | R

Nearly all of 119 is also just a stepping stone.
By Shichishito 2021-12-26 06:00:08
Link | Citer | R

on the bgwiki trust page it mentions "Has several auto-attack animations. Although none can miss, only the roar appears to do magic damage (element unknown). He will exclusively roar if the monster is out of range." for Darrcuiln. the underlined part is false, i've tested him on some apex sperms in the emptiness and his regular attacks miss a lot, only the roar always connects.

don't know where to post this so i put it here.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-26 15:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Roughly how often does SE do the Monstrosity Chain Plus campaign?
By Shichishito 2021-12-26 19:23:01
Link | Citer | R

does the 50% chance of follow up attack of SU5 weapons end after the first check or can multiple follow up attacks occure till it meets the 8 hits cap?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-26 19:48:07
Link | Citer | R

It checks once per round per weapon with FUA.
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-12-27 03:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

Can't remember when it was on last time, so I guess that not too often.
By Draylo 2021-12-29 00:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Anyone remember which file path the avatar prime summoning animations are? I remember replacing the original pet summon animations with those.
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-12-29 08:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

I want to say it's when they do the other xp campaigns so twice(?) a year generally
By RadialArcana 2021-12-29 18:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Level syncing to an Mlevel player seems to break trusts in regard to players that have none, trusts seem to completely ignore them.
 Asura.Bladework
user: Bladework
By Asura.Bladework 2021-12-30 11:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Can Dark Carols prevent doom?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-30 11:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bladework said: »
Can Dark Carols prevent doom?
In extension to this question, can a buffed-up Rune Fencer resist Ka-Thwack?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-30 12:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Dark resistance applies to some dooms, but other dooms are coded to always hit. For example, Dynamis-Windurst NM doom can be resisted, but Shinryu's doom cannot.

Resistance cannot block Death; only items with explicit "Resist Death" on them have a chance to work.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-12-30 14:38:15
Link | Citer | R

Are there any easily-obtainable armor lookalikes to the Sipahi set? I'm interested in using it for lockstyle if I can, but the classic set is dependent on crafting, and there's straight none on the Auction House because the stats are pretty 'meh'.
First Page 2 3 ... 725 726 727 ... 836 837 838