Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 859 860 861
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-10 09:31:46
Link | Citer | R

You wont finish it faster by doing that, just hold into it :P
In the end you finish it anyways.
I finished my stage 5 before stage 4 aswell
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-08-10 09:35:54
Link | Citer | R

Love the avatar Narshee, the look on the kids face is priceless. As if he`s asking "wtf was that all about?"

edit: /sigh you changed it
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-08-10 09:38:45
Link | Citer | R

I changed it back :P
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-08-10 09:40:30
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Cicada said: »

I preferred the cat with the wig.. now change it again..

Let's play make narshee change her avi over and over
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-10 10:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
forgive me if this has been asked here or elsewhere: does anyone know what reward III on bst relic body +2 does? I started to read through the lolakazam post linked on BG and might have skimmed over it.

please T.T
By Alpheus 2012-08-10 10:25:34
Link | Citer | R

According to this thread Here the +2 Relic body functions the same as the +1 AF1 body as far as status removal goes. As such I can see the Relic body be used as an inventory saver as both a Reward and Feral Howl piece should you decide to augment it.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-10 10:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Bismarck.Cicada said: »

I preferred the cat with the wig.. now change it again..

Let's play make narshee change her avi over and over
Lol :o
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-10 10:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Alpheus said: »
According to this thread Here the +2 Relic body functions the same as the +1 AF1 body as far as status removal goes. As such I can see the Relic body be used as an inventory saver as both a Reward and Feral Howl piece should you decide to augment it.

I love you. That ***was driving me *** crazy and I thought I was the only one. I'd post about this on the Official forums but..... i don't want this to give them an excuse to waste time and resources on this instead of something important.

in my defense he added the edit in with the screenshot after last time I had read it so I skipped that post with the 3 edits.

also, in my defense, its zam which makes my *** hurt more each second it's open in my browser
By Alpheus 2012-08-10 10:57:52
Link | Citer | R

The inclusion of the link was more so that you would be less likely to think I was pulling the info outta my *** lol also it's not exactly as widely referenced as say the virtues of TP bonus augment on moonshade >.>;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-08-10 11:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Alpheus said: »
The inclusion of the link was more so that you would be less likely to think I was pulling the info outta my *** lol also it's not exactly as widely referenced as say the virtues of TP bonus augment on moonshade >.>;

lol. I specifically remember someone suggesting that it probably removes all 6 status's and someone else giving evidence that (at the time) it did not and only worked similar to the relic nq. Maybe it was busted and fixed in an update? Either way thank you for finally helping me out with this madness.
By Alpheus 2012-08-10 11:03:49
Link | Citer | R

Meh no big but all the same you're welcome to it. I haven't been playing long so I don't know my stuff so I mostly lurk lol
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-08-10 23:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Hey.... did stuff change recently? Like, the signs outside Mhaura? And the covers of FoV books? Or am I painfully late to the party?

and

Ragnarok.Connavarr
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-08-11 00:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »
While muling, I noticed I had 15 Coins of Advancement sitting there, which is half the coins needed for the WoE h2h weapon. My question is which weapon + WS would be the better combination:

Level 90 Revenant Fists +2 with Victory Smite

or

Level 99 STR/ATK Magian weapon with Shijin Spiral?

I've been using the Magian weapon for some time now, but with only 3 merit WS's available, and having half the Coins needed already for WoE, I am wondering if the WoE weapon would perform better and thus, free a WS slot.

I am not making Vere, getting my Ukon to 99 is enough for me. Basically, I am trying to find out which of these two weapons is better overall damage-wise in VW/Ein/Neo-Limbus etc.

So, math-heads, which one wins?

EDIT: Spelling.

Last try for this one. Anybody? D:
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-11 00:27:33
Link | Citer | R

While muling, I noticed I had 15 Coins of Advancement sitting there, which is half the coins needed for the WoE h2h weapon. My question is which weapon + WS would be the better combination:

or

I've been using the Magian weapon for some time now, but with only 3 merit WS's available, and having half the Coins needed already for WoE, I am wondering if the WoE weapon would perform better and thus, free a WS slot.

I am not making Vere, getting my Ukon to 99 is enough for me. Basically, I am trying to find out which of these two weapons is better overall damage-wise in VW/Ein/Neo-Limbus etc.

I'm pretty sure magian will win. At worst they wouldn't be behind enough to be worth even camping the NMs for WoE. That said an Ukon is going to crush either at any event unless you specifically need a mnk for procs in VW.
 Shiva.Pheare
Serveur: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-08-11 10:23:29
Link | Citer | R

I know dark staff helps with cataclysm since it's magic based. If I had a sch cast voidstorm on me would would twilight cape and Anrin Obi be my best best for back/belt slots for damage? How is Shadow Belt vs Anrin Obi?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-11 10:24:32
Link | Citer | R

anrin>>>>>>>>>>>shadow. Also, w/ storm and obi, chatoyant staff is > pluto's.
[+]
 Shiva.Pheare
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-08-11 10:27:49
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
anrin>>>>>>>>>>>shadow. Also, w/ storm and obi, chatoyant staff is > pluto's.

Thanks much!

I assumed Chatoyant was probably better than Pluto's in that situation. Thanks for bringing that up though. Guess I finally have to drop the gil on HQ now T_T.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-11 11:04:38
Link | Citer | R

Why would you even get the NQ in the first place :P
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-08-11 12:04:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

or

I'm pretty sure magian will win. At worst they wouldn't be behind enough to be worth even camping the NMs for WoE. That said an Ukon is going to crush either at any event unless you specifically need a mnk for procs in VW.

I'd expected this, but had hoped WoE would edge it out even a smidge. People hear "Ukon WAR, Reso DRK, Shijin MNK" for VW, and never choose the MNK, no matter how well geared my MNK is. Kinda hoped to say "Smite MNK" and get to come on it more often, for a change of pace.

Ah well, thanks for the response. Stickin' with Magian/Shijin.

Oh, on a side note: Did Ascetic's get a boost at some point? I've noticed the last couple times that it's done better then Shijin. Eyeballed, I know, but on Bismarck, NQ-Odin and Qilin my Ascetic's were doing better then my Shijin's. I found it odd, lol.

Thanks again.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-08-11 12:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Ascetic's gets a 2x attack multiplier. If you have low buffs its actually a decent ws + it gets benefit from champion's/impetus and a not horrible crit rate at 300% TP after wings.
 Shiva.Pheare
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-08-11 18:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Why would you even get the NQ in the first place :P
{No Money!}

Also, can Double/triple/quadruple attack proc on Cataclysm? Not sure what the rules are on elemental or aoe, or elemental aoe ws's xD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Pheare
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-08-11 19:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
No they can't, only the hybrid magical ws can do that. And If you're using Banisher plus cosmos plus griffon's claw I bet chatoyant 300% would even beat Xsaeta I (magian darkness dmg+6 stave) 300% Cataclysms for scholar, on every day with voidstorm. Not exclusively on Darkday.

Thanks so much.^^

I'm actually setting up this gear for MNK(I kind of forgot Twilight Cape wasn't all jobs). I plan on cleaving for KI then switching out atmas to fight the NM's all on MNK so I don't have to leave zone/reset lights. Would have SCH there to AOE phalanx, voidstorm, and cure when needed.^^

I was thinking Ultimate/Cosmos/Griffon's. But would Banisher/Comsos/Griffon's Claw be the best bet? +

Also, just bought the HQ staff and this is what I have now.

MAB on Body and rings(got them for cor).

Edit: last question I have, would Stoicheion Medal beat out Shadow Gorget? Thanks so much again for all the help so far and sorry to keep posting. xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-11 19:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Cosmos/Smiting Blow/Ultimate or Hell's Guardian. Banisher sucks for non-brew applications, Griffon's Claw is inferior to MAB+50 unless you have more than 150 MAB pre-atma. If you're doing a majority of your WS with 200+ TP, switch out Smiting Blow for a second MAB+50 atma.

EDIT: Stoicheion Medal beats gorget.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-08-11 21:01:16
Link | Citer | R

Going through FFXIclopedia is a mess, so I figured I'd be better off asking here than doing hit or miss search results, but:
Is there a three hour non-stackable food that gives relatively decent ranged accuracy?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-11 21:54:37
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Going through FFXIclopedia is a mess, so I figured I'd be better off asking here than doing hit or miss search results, but:
Is there a three hour non-stackable food that gives relatively decent ranged accuracy?
Found the page for you. :3

Ranged Accuracy food

I recommend this though. serving of flounder meuniere
[+]
 Siren.Renavi
Serveur: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-08-12 06:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Is there any fast way to get 10 BLU Body seals? <_>
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-12 06:28:59
Link | Citer | R

Find a friend that needs to 90 their Almace, Kannagi or Daurdabla! :D
[+]
 Asura.Caillou
Serveur: Asura
user: Caillou
By Asura.Caillou 2012-08-12 08:30:17
Link | Citer | R

WHM, RDM or SCH: which would be better for a player that just wants to use a mage in order to expand the amount/types of pick-up parties he gets in to?
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 859 860 861