Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 859 860 861
 Lakshmi.Terrythehut
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Terrythehut 2012-07-05 09:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Lakshmi.Terrythehut said: »
Random Question:
Is valkurm glitching out during fire weather for everyone?

scenery freaking out on mine and my brothers pc, aswell as my friends xbox.

That's happened to me too funnily enough, recently as well.
Not sure if it's exclusive to fire weather though, the entire zone just goes drug trip for no reason now :x

Well it may linger for a minute or two after weather stopped or changed but it seems pretty exclusive to fire weather for me,
 Lakshmi.Zyphos
user: Zyphos
By Lakshmi.Zyphos 2012-07-05 10:05:13
Link | Citer | R

How relevant are the merit adjustments? For THF and BST, the upgrades to Beast Affinity and Assassin's Charge in particular seem very, very powerful, enough so to automatically warrant 5/5 just for the bonuses assuming the effects run full time and not just when the abilities are up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Terrythehut
By Lakshmi.Terrythehut 2012-07-05 11:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I think it's fire weather in general that glitches so badly. Meriphated mountains [s] has been the same

Is this a new thing?

I've never noticed it before ><
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-05 11:11:12
Link | Citer | R

SE found a new way to prevent us from getting flame geodes!
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-05 11:41:16
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed it in Terriggan as well during fire weather, and I've heard about it from other people in the dunes. Although it kind of sounds like you guys are having problems playing though - for me, it just looked dumb.
 Lakshmi.Terrythehut
By Lakshmi.Terrythehut 2012-07-05 11:50:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I've noticed it in Terriggan as well during fire weather, and I've heard about it from other people in the dunes. Although it kind of sounds like you guys are having problems playing though - for me, it just looked dumb.

It's not causing any problems other than annoying me lol
[+]
 Shiva.Paranoid
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Paranoid 2012-07-05 20:12:22
Link | Citer | R

getting a new computer, i dont remember which website i downloaded FFXI ultimate collection but i have cd keys. am i screwed and have to rebuy the game?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-05 20:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paranoid said: »
getting a new computer, i dont remember which website i downloaded FFXI ultimate collection but i have cd keys. am i screwed and have to rebuy the game?
No, if you have the cd keys, all you need is a copy of FFXI plus the expansions.

Tehkrizz.net hosts them for your downloadin' pleasure. And I'm sure there are other places.
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-07-05 20:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zyphos said: »
How relevant are the merit adjustments? For THF and BST, the upgrades to Beast Affinity and Assassin's Charge in particular seem very, very powerful, enough so to automatically warrant 5/5 just for the bonuses assuming the effects run full time and not just when the abilities are up.

I wondered about the adjustments to AC too. For thf anyway, it'd be worth to put 1 merit for sure now that the recast is more reasonable.

As for the chance of Quad attack, isn't it a waste since there's an 8 hit cap on weapon skills anyway?

If you meant whether you'd get 25% QA rate at 5/5 merits all of the time, then I'd say I'm sure that's not the case. That'd be pretty broken.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-06 01:04:20
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I know Sylow and night have already chimed in, but I have a slightly different version of my VW drop rate question.

Has there ever been any established testing about party size/hq drop rate in BCNM-style drop events before? I'm desperate, so if a 6-man party can take Pil down with phase displacers and have a better drop rate, I'll spend 500k a week trying.

ETA: I know I am grasping at straws here, and asking kind of a ridiculous question, but I'm getting close to Pil #200 without body or boots.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-06 01:34:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm at close to 200 as well Cant. I know that feels, bro. But no. I don't think there is any real study done about it, because it's a chest drop. It's fixed prior to TH even kicking in (in the case of BCNMs). Low-manning doesn't give you any bonuses, just brownie points. Though in the case of VW my friend said she killed fjalar with like 5 people using those new items and it died in like 3m time, so low-manning that now wouldn't even give ya brownie points :P. GL though on your body.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-07-06 13:10:00
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know the actual cap for Blessed Briault? Wiki and this site list it at 102, but Bgwiki has it at 100. I've been stocking up on Galateia to try to get to 102, but don't want to waste it all if it does actually cap at 100.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-06 17:36:06
Link | Citer | R

I remember long time ago the devs spoke about giving us the chance to display some "hidden" stats, was ranged attack among them? I don't remember which exactly they were talking about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-06 19:56:41
Link | Citer | R

Nope. Why not? *** if I know.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-07-06 22:42:57
Link | Citer | R

can someone point me in the direction of item numbers for light luggage use these scorp shells are pissing me off
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-06 23:28:00
Link | Citer | R

It's the same number that's in the item url on xiah.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-07-06 23:29:54
Link | Citer | R

well ***so it was quite literally staring at me
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-06 23:31:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Nope. Why not? *** if I know.

too much work
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-07 00:00:24
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to remove people from your linkshell on the ffxi community website so they don't show up on your guildworks page?
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-07-07 23:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone fought Lost Stihi? It's a dragon NM in Dyanamis - Bubu, drops Tjukurrpa Medal. Just wondering how many people I need to kill it.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-07-08 00:34:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Anyone know how to remove people from your linkshell on the ffxi community website so they don't show up on your guildworks page?
Go to community manager at the top of your linkshell page, then choose "remove registered member"
 Shiva.Kuraneko
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2012-07-08 03:47:11
Link | Citer | R

Used to DRG a log so capped STR merits once upon a time, but find it's porter moogled most of the time and I'm on DNC or COR more often (both Exten/Last Stand 5/5).

Would it be more worthwhile to move all 12 STR merits to AGI or do they benefit DNC and COR at all in STR?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 04:38:55
Link | Citer | R

str is good for both jobs, and next update they are increasing the cap on atribute merits. can do 12/12 agi then w/o canceling str.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-08 11:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Hmm i have 2 great Katanas for a sam (i never use that job) and want to keep just one incase i ever need (and for leveling it from 96>99) which one is better in general?

Orthus Kikugosaku or Bizen-osafune from Uptala are the 2 i have atm
Which one is better?

I really dont plan to do any Magian weapon for it so please dont suggest it. Its mostly for finish leveling it and just to have a GKT if i ever need
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-08 13:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Bizen has the better potential although it likely has issues w/ what will probably not be a specific set built around its low delay. Fine for random GK procs and lvling in worm partys and such though.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2012-07-08 14:14:32
Link | Citer | R

Mindi immernoch am start wie ich sehe^^

Ok me and a friend wanna start again. So we need to exp and I think Grounds of Valor is a good way. Abyssea exp era should be gone by now.

My question would be now where to go? There are quite some options but which areas/training regimes are the best to do? 75-99 for starters would be nice but 1~99 is also welcome!

Any useful advices/lists/links? Thanks in advance.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-08 15:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Can the Excalibur's additional effect proc while enlight is on? I'm assuming no, but just curious.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-08 15:51:13
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Katashuro said: »
Mindi immernoch am start wie ich sehe^^

Ok me and a friend wanna start again. So we need to exp and I think Grounds of Valor is a good way. Abyssea exp era should be gone by now.

My question would be now where to go? There are quite some options but which areas/training regimes are the best to do? 75-99 for starters would be nice but 1~99 is also welcome!

Any useful advices/lists/links? Thanks in advance.
Abyssea is still the fastest way to level.

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Can the Excalibur's additional effect proc while enlight is on? I'm assuming no, but just curious.
I'd wager a guess at no also.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 859 860 861