Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 559 560 561 ... 831 832 833

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-09 18:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Lepetit89 said: »
Actually lost track of what level my Fellow is, but I just did the first quest to raise the familiarity limit, so I cannot quite rule out that possibility. Will raise my familiary a little more and check again, thank you!

Now that I think about it, having a hard time believing it's been about 10 years since I last did these quests, Jesus Christ.

Wild right? They haven't really touched them in quite a while

I think if you target your NPC they will give you info "I seem to be about level 55" "I can stay for 5 enemies" etc
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2018-09-11 06:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Not played in a couple of years and couldn't stomach FFXIV for more than 6 months at a time a couple of times now. Suspended account after 5 weeks last time after paying for 3 months.

So my question is this >
Did they ever fix the full machine crashes on newer cards? Specifically the Nvidia 980 series?
Because that was why I finally packed FFXI in after 11 wonderful years. I couldn't take the random total system shutdowns any longer.

Though I suppose I could crank up the game on my old fart of a machine that I just use for browsing the net these days.
It's still running Vista though. Would that be a problem for Windower?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2018-09-11 19:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Ooh it feels good to be back. Everything just worked because I've not replaced my computer since I last played.

Few questions will no doubt be incoming of stuff I've forgotten lol.

1st one - How do I repeat the last name that I typed into my inbox without typing it all out again?
I know it was possible. Can't for the life of me get it.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-09-12 01:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Regarding the Macrocosmic event campaign:

Does TH affect the quality of drops in the first 5 slots?
Does the difficulty affect the quality of drops in the first 5 slots?
By Staleyx 2018-09-12 01:57:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to say no to both. This is the 3rd time I have done this and I just go inside VE Demons on blu, couple subductions and done.
 Odin.Nappy
Serveur: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2018-09-12 02:11:43
Link | Citer | R

where does the relic weapon skill damage boost sit in the weapon skill damage equation?
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-09-15 12:32:30
Link | Citer | R

I just got a GP item where the HQ is worth the same as NQ, is that normal? (Linen Robe)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-09-15 14:25:59
Link | Citer | R

Have there been reports of Omen bodies from A.M.A.N thuds, or only loud thuds?

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-09-16 09:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Regarding the Macrocosmic event campaign:

Does TH affect the quality of drops in the first 5 slots?
Does the difficulty affect the quality of drops in the first 5 slots?

TH has no effect on quality of drops in any drop table slot on any mob in the game. It only affects whether each slot is empty or not.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-16 11:42:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Frankbrodie said: »
Did they ever fix the full machine crashes on newer cards? Specifically the Nvidia 980 series?
Late response, but dgvoodoo2 corrects this. There is a tutorial somewhere on these forums. Figured it's worth the bump since it was a huge issue for a long time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-18 05:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Can you have two of the same Empyrean's if one is higher level than the other?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-09-18 05:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Can you have two of the same Empyrean's if one is higher level than the other?
No.
Altough I wonder if you could do that by winning one with Bonanza?
Probably the moogle would refuse to give it to you though.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-09-18 13:41:59
Link | Citer | R

It's obviously a highly random system, but... has anyone noticed any trends in gobbie box reward changes? I have a lot of mules, and for a while (pre-August) I was getting a Divergence shard or void pretty regularly, we're talking like a roughly 5% rate. I can't recall, but perhaps some of this coincided with SP Dial months. Was valuable enough that I'd bother to log in all mules and open the box while I was on the phone for work ;)

Lately, I very rarely see Divergence stuff, but since this month's update I'm suddenly seeing a noticeable number of Sealed Container NM pops - which I never saw before and which made me curious.

Might just be "random box is random", but has anyone else been seeing anything similar? I'm almost wondering if they tweak the drop pool on updates - e.g., they recently lowered the Divergence upgrade item percentage (or perhaps had previously inflated it from the deemed "standard" value for some temporary time), they increased the SCNM item percentage this month, etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-18 13:43:52
Link | Citer | R

Random is random, but the void/shard rate was very noticeably higher in previous updates.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-09-20 02:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Can you work on 2 Dark Mask's in Dynamis wave3 at same time? Example have half of one done but then start another?
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2018-09-20 12:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Late response, but dgvoodoo2 corrects this. There is a tutorial somewhere on these forums. Figured it's worth the bump since it was a huge issue for a long time.

OOOH!! I found that thread. And there's A LOT of information in there that is making my head spin.

Would anyone be kind enough to post up the short and sweet 1 paragraph version of what I am supposed to do to install this dgvoodoo2 thing and get it working please?

I'll put up with the crashes for now. Definitely still there. Not been more than a couple a day so far.
One did manage to take out my whole macro set that I had on that character. Luckily I had done a backup of it a few hours previously so it was literally a 5 minute job to redo the few I had changed since then.

*edit* lol and I logged back in after posting this and the latest crash had wiped my macros and settings again.

*2nd edit* Ah kk, I found a short video on Youtube that walked through it very concisely and easily. Seems to be up and running ok.

I was actually curious as to how I even know that it (the dgvoodoo thing) is even running since I didn't seem to have started anything. But I suppose I did do the 'run as administrator' thing.

Then I remembered that people had mentioned that you could CTRL + ALT + DELETE whilst this was running, without it crashing out POL as it always has. (That's actually how I shut the game down quickly if I'm out in the field and can't be bothered doing the 30 second logout lol.)

And lo and behold! It indeed didn't crash POL. So it looks like I'm all set.
So I run that program in my POL folder each time I want to play FFXI yes?

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-20 15:37:56
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
I still think using dgvoodoo is a headfuck. If you are not locked into using Windower for specific addons then the DX8-DX9 file there is available for Ashita is a one drop file that does everything with no worry of crashing etc.
dgvoodoo has other benefits(enabling reshade, allowing you to call reset on the device without crashing ffxi), not sure if atomos' proxy fixes the nvidia crashes either.. it's primarily for the laptop gpu issue

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-20 16:04:58
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
higher quality and smoother game than using atomos DirectX proxy with Ashita.
A large portion of this will be that Ashita itself has much less bloat in it. Many people report an increase in smoothness just swapping Windower to Ashita with no change in proxy.

I am not disagreeing that atomos' dx proxy is great, but I use dgvoodoo with Ashita to excellent result personally.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-20 17:34:24
Link | Citer | R

I was using dgvoodoo for a few weeks with windower.

Then it started freezing when loading the game. I disabled it and didn't really go back to troubleshoot.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-09-20 17:52:38
Link | Citer | R

So I run that program in my POL folder each time I want to play FFXI yes?
Once it's configured and D3D8.dll is in your FFXI folder, you dont have to run dgvoodoocpl.exe at all. Just launch ffxi as you usually would and you should be good as long as the D3D8.dll isn't moved. You can confirm via ctrl-alt-del.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-20 18:48:54
Link | Citer | R

Using dgvoodoo to mitigate crashes is basically a necessity on Windows 10 at this point unless you happen to be single boxing and never minimize your game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alihasan
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: edrakali
By Ragnarok.Alihasan 2018-09-20 23:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Does the "Dark Magic Accuracy +5" on Archon Ring apply to dark-based enfeebles? Trying to maximize sleep magic accuracy.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-09-22 20:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of multi-boxing any laptops, anyone have success using a laptop for 4+ dudes?
 Odin.Godofgods
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-09-22 21:22:41
Link | Citer | R

did anyone ever figure out which affects zone influence in campaign more? I know you can go in and kill campaign mobs of enemy zones out side of campaign battles for influence. But what tactic is better for raising influence?

Regular campaign mobs can keep respawning. Is it better to keep killing new spawns repeatedly, or go straight for the mega boss to try and get them to run away in defeat faster?

How to atking fortifications factor into influence (if it does)?
 Ragnarok.Casey
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2018-09-23 04:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Alihasan said: »
Does the "Dark Magic Accuracy +5" on Archon Ring apply to dark-based enfeebles? Trying to maximize sleep magic accuracy.
No one has quantified this. But presumably it does. Nobody could really tell you without extreme testing if the +5 is like the MAB affinity, in which its some kind of crazy multiplier.

"Dark Magic" means effectively "dark-elemental magic based" at least for "Dark Magic: Magic Attack Bonus" goes. This applies to anything that does dark damage like drain/aspir, leaden salute, etc. The wording being similar for the MACC means I think it would apply.

That said, unless the +5 is some percentage gain, you're better off with a pure MACC ring or stikini ring.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
did anyone ever figure out which affects zone influence in campaign more?

In my recent experience with trying to spam the hell out of campaign, it seems total kills matter more than NM kills. I assume NM kills tank morale more than a grunt though.

Likewise, not letting the allied forces die prevents (noticable) losses
First Page 2 3 ... 559 560 561 ... 831 832 833