Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 545 546 547 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-21 14:27:40
Link | Citer | R

The best all-around option is Fomalhaut.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-21 14:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Situations where Armageddon beats Fomalhaut are few and far between on paper, and even rarer in practice. If you are waiting on your shell to get to next aeonic run or otherwise time gated, make an Annihilator. It's still passable for RNG and it'll keep use once you have Fomalhaut.

Otherwise, just hustle through Fom, it won't let you down.
[+]
By Afania 2018-05-21 14:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Situations where Armageddon beats Fomalhaut are few and far between on paper, and even rarer in practice. If you are waiting on your shell to get to next aeonic run or otherwise time gated, make an Annihilator. It's still passable for RNG and it'll keep use once you have Fomalhaut.

Otherwise, just hustle through Fom, it won't let you down.

In practice arma does beat fomal quite often, but it almost always happen in escha.

I have no idea why arma performs so well in escha. I'm guessing higher crit from vorseals and temp and more TS=arma gets stronger.

But if we add SC damage it's almost equal anyways. And fomal being fool proof is big selling point. Most of the ranged fights T4 are chaotic as hell. Whoever makes less mistakes=deal more dps. AM3 management can be distracting.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-21 15:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
From the discussion you guys are having I get that Formalhaut is an acceptable option, as only RMEA option, for a COR that doesn't crave anything more than an average COR?

How does it work to oneshot stones in Dynamis-Divergence?
By Pantafernando 2018-05-21 17:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
is there a way to control multiple chars through the menu at once that's easy to toggle with Ashita?

Looking to do a couple mules through missions and would like to get through menus in CS's and trades all at once vs several times, but still be able to type addon commands to just one char when needed. Thanks!

You can do a lot with multisend and some creative use of other options like scripting, keybinding, keypresses, [t], etc. controlling only one char and commanding N-char you have.
By Afania 2018-05-21 21:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
From the discussion you guys are having I get that Formalhaut is an acceptable option, as only RMEA option, for a COR that doesn't crave anything more than an average COR?

I've seen multiple fomal cor one shot np.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-22 07:21:45
Link | Citer | R

Guess they need more TP compared to what a DP COR would need though, to be able to oneshot them.

This makes me wonder... on COR can you stack TPbonus on the Formahault itself and TP bonus on a main-hand weapon? Say Trial of the Magian TPbonus+1000? (can't think of anything else that COR can use).
And would those values add up to the amount when you use a ranged WS?

Granted I'm not sure if it would be worth it to lose the +stats you'd get from an ilevel weapon.
I guess this question has several degrees of complexity...
I'm talking in perspective of using it to oneshot Stones in Dynamis, of course.
By Afania 2018-05-22 08:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Guess they need more TP compared to what a DP COR would need though, to be able to oneshot them.

This makes me wonder... on COR can you stack TPbonus on the Formahault itself and TP bonus on a main-hand weapon? Say Trial of the Magian TPbonus+1000? (can't think of anything else that COR can use).
And would those values add up to the amount when you use a ranged WS?

Granted I'm not sure if it would be worth it to lose the +stats you'd get from an ilevel weapon.
I guess this question has several degrees of complexity...
I'm talking in perspective of using it to oneshot Stones in Dynamis, of course.

Afaik martial weapon tp bonus doesn't carry to ranged slots, and cor can't use magian melee weapon.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-05-22 08:29:02
Link | Citer | R

well the only TP bonus magian weapon cor can use is the gun so it is a moot point. (dagger is thf/brd/dnc and sword is rdm/pld/blu)
as for martial weapon, they only work for themselves IIRC so it's moot too.
fomal can one shot statue pre and post midboss, much easier pre midboss of course.
but you need a very decent MAB set, prob mab roll and a geo help wouldnt be too bad. indi-acumen at least, geo focus for post midboss just to garente it. (guess if you have body and feet+3 and decent mab legs, carmine hands+1 pixie hairpin, dingir ring, archon ring, ambu cape it should be a very decent setup)
By Afania 2018-05-22 08:39:39
Link | Citer | R

Now that I think about it, afaik martial weapon works offhand, so you can stack martial dagger and magian gun for 3000 tp savage blades/Aeolian edge by using both.

Double tp bonus may be CORs strongest dps combo atm if it works that way. You need SV to make it work though. Checked spreadsheet rq and difference is quite huge, it's approaching the range of 2H DD dps.

Edit: Checked again, after tweaking stp buffs value marital dps lowered abit and now it's a bit below 2h. I guess it's the result of stp value at sweet spot.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-22 09:27:18
Link | Citer | R

Don't think Martial works offhand at all, but can't remember where it was tested. Maybe worth a look.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-22 09:36:04
Link | Citer | R

I thought the only TP bonus weapons that worked offhand were the Trial of the Magian ones? And COR cannot use melee ones, sooo...
By Afania 2018-05-22 09:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Don't think Martial works offhand at all, but can't remember where it was tested. Maybe worth a look.

You may be right, I mixed it up with Magian..... Getting old...

2000 tp bonus Aeolian Edge, that's it. DMG doesn't matter for magical ws and macc doesn't matter on fodder cleaving.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-22 10:20:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah magian applies to everything martial only applies to the weapon itself.
By zaxtiss 2018-05-22 12:29:04
Link | Citer | R

has anyone tried out using thibron sword with the TP bonus +1000 on blu at all at least in lower acc fights?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2018-05-22 14:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Returning player question, is there currently a "meta" with DD jobs? Only really have COR geared at the moment, and want to look into a DD job, but not sure what classes people are looking for.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-22 14:40:12
Link | Citer | R

There is currently no meta for dd. Corsair is the most sought DD.

May be different on your server though.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2018-05-22 14:50:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There is currently no meta for dd. Corsair is the most sought DD.

May be different on your server though.

Gotcha, I played back in a time where if you weren't a SAM, you were gimping your party and other times where if you weren't a BLM, you wouldn't get invites. I just wanted to see if there was a situation like that now, so I don't end up gearing a job that everyone sees as "lol", like DRG back in the day.

As much as I'd still love to gear DRG and get use out of my Gungnir I built all those years ago....
 Hades.Dade
Serveur: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2018-05-22 14:51:53
Link | Citer | R

For anything you are bring melee DD to at this point in the game cor is going to add more in a slot then a random non cor DD assuming rocking geo+brd already.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-05-22 23:22:52
Link | Citer | R

One of the things that helps with that is timing it so you finish your buffs last even after rolls. This ensures nightengale is still up for quite a while and finale should have basically no recast. Sometimes it takes me 9-10 finales to get ice spikes off(protect, shell, multi strikes, enblizzard, etc). The healer/geo have to handle all of the -nas during that time.
By Afania 2018-05-22 23:32:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Darkhelmet said: »
Returning player question, is there currently a "meta" with DD jobs? Only really have COR geared at the moment, and want to look into a DD job, but not sure what classes people are looking for.

The question already answered on Reddit. There's wide variety of content these days, and ambuscade cycling every months requiring different setup, that every DD more or less excel at one thing but not everything.

So sometimes you would see SAM being "meta" and people shout for it because they need someone to solo sc. Sometimes people shout for NIN because this month needs NIN. Sometimes WAR RUN sometimes BLU or RNG, even the weakest DD which is MNK excel in one month when mob takes 10x more white damage.

That being said, it's obviously unrealistic to gear every DD for everything, so most people just use sub optimal DDs that they have and it still works.

If you have only one DD, expect the community to reject you on something at one point because no DD job is the best choice at everything. But with friends clearing the content should be np on any DD because "meta" isn't required to win.
By Afania 2018-05-22 23:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
same melee asks
/p we need the spikes off first

....... Remedy is cheap.......
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-22 23:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of, since there will be no more new ambuscade V1

BG/AH should change the ambuscade design from "this month" to "these enemies" with the strat for each one, now that they are set in stone and there won't be new ones.

(not sure the exact month that is going to happen)
First Page 2 3 ... 545 546 547 ... 834 835 836