Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 540 541 542 ... 843 844 845
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 18:49:02
Link | Citer | R

Old SS and he forgot he had a dat pack installed or something? It looks like a mod to me, too. A quick look through ffxiahs polearm search didn't turn anything up where that looks similar to the icon, though that's obviously not proof of anything.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-05-08 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Screen shot was this morning, never swapped dat files for mods. I've used dressup commands to change race/face. Guy in pic was jpn and ignored me, lol
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-05-08 18:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Think it was the Annealed Lance, i got one last year and it looked horrid.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-08 19:04:07
Link | Citer | R

should be annealed lance model, that's Delphinius and icons are identical. Also no glow in the ss, and guy is engaged. Threw out my annealed so can't say for certain, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 19:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Annealed has the same dat as the delphinus does it not? neither are purple bladed? I have Delph but that char doesnt even have drg unlocked.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-05-08 19:27:36
Link | Citer | R

from, previous page, trying to identify the polearm pictured. Here's a 2nd pic.

Thought about it, I did swap dats. Used w/e popular map pack that's floating around. Maybe it was sneaked in there? This was his lockstyle
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 19:31:17
Link | Citer | R

Raises more questions than it answers, map pack?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-08 19:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I'm just not understanding where the difference comes from. I used most of the same buffs as you listed, and got much less damage. You claim you don't need Threnody, Languor, or SPs.. but where's the difference in m.acc coming from? I'm assuming we have the same set besides hands, and I had same buffs minus those things. Given there's no inherent m.acc on Merlinic, and Apogee have 38, I actually have more magic accuracy unless you have an insane DM augment.

I obviously have job master, 5/5 thunderstorm. I may not have changed my merits over to magic for just that fight, I don't remember. However, my results were certainly not consistant 70k+, logger doesn't have a pact over 40k. If those buffs aren't needed, why is your damage over double mine?

Brixy was not able to hit 99,999 with g/r, bolster, and 3000 pet tp in the (25 minute..) video above. Most of them were 30kish. I'm sure he didn't have perfect gear given it was feb 2017, but I'm also pretty confident he was gearing correctly with what he had. Results from the other person who tried on this page weren't great either. Just because you can make it work with an entire group working effectively around it doesn't mean it's viable or practical for most people. I already acknowledged I was completely wrong about Flaming Crush on Zerde.
I do not understand either. Resists, cumumative resists, a lack of buffs/equips or macros not working properly are the only possibilities I see. Your gear is good minus the hands but it's not as if the relic could double dmg on MBs. I only have macc+12 on my staff, cape has macc+30, Crooked Cards is used for Puppet Roll. I know my SMN is probably above average but I don't consider SMN MB method "hard" to replicate on Kei, we use RUN for solo Light but people can add a SCH if they prefer.

About Zerde you have said "Just use BLMs, honestly. The only reason to use SMN on it is to save a job change if doing them all in one sitting. BLM is better." although Meteor Strike MB is a very effective method and probably one of the most used against Zerde so yeah, maybe you just think SMN isn't suited for MB setups and I disagree with that (except when the Death spell is involved) but it's fine. I understand that the Flaming Crush strat is less known.

I don't have the patience to study the video but the dmg seem indeed very weak.
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-05-08 19:45:23
Link | Citer | R

map pack used, xi vision
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-08 19:51:16
Link | Citer | R

in Soviet Russia, game .dat swaps you
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor
By Quetzalcoatl.Haxxor 2018-05-08 19:55:53
Link | Citer | R

ok thanks all, mystery solved. Wasn't troll post I swear lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-08 19:59:12
Link | Citer | R

/wasRight. And yes, I had to post just for that.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 20:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Am I still the only one curious why weapon dats are in a map pack ?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-08 20:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
/wasRight. And yes, I had to post just for that.
half right
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-08 20:10:24
Link | Citer | R

No, actually, entirely right. It's a reskinned Sarissa, and it's a dat mod. Where am I supposed to have been wrong?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-08 20:13:03
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That color scheme isn't something natively in the game. No idea where you could find the mod.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-08 20:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
That color scheme isn't something natively in the game. No idea where you could find the mod.
It's not. What are you even on about?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-08 23:37:04
Link | Citer | R

Is Haste II supposed to be equal to 180~ Martial arts?
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 00:15:14
Link | Citer | R

MA and well all other attack speed reductions work in fundamentally different ways so you can't really blank statement say any amount equals any other amount
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 00:22:14
Link | Citer | R

In reference for the Gearinfo addon.

When haste 2 drops, MA needed goes from 8 to 86

So 24% of the haste II = 78 MA?

234 martial arts needed w/ just gear, +Cornelia = +59 MA

*edit, actually when I zoned the Haste II became worth 167 MA
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 00:32:36
Link | Citer | R

No idea about the addon but you can easily calculate for yourself

minimum delay = (480 Base Delay + xx Weapon Delay)*.2 Delay cap

calculated delay = (480 Base Delay + xx Weapon Delay - MA)* (1- total haste)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 00:38:32
Link | Citer | R

I already have that and 12 should be the accurate need to cap, but since the addon has 8 was curious

If you had zero magic haste you need 234 Martial arts to cap according to the addon

Which is off by like 60 MA
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 00:41:05
Link | Citer | R

I can't really comment on the accuracy without a ton more info lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-05-09 01:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I don't really care if you believe me. It's not an outlandish claim and you questioning it makes it clear you have no idea what you're talking about.

I don't know man.... something smells fishhhhyyyy.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 06:58:29
Link | Citer | R

LMAO The dev team is talking about that blue polearm right now during the Freshly Picked livecast. XD At length... lol
(Pretty sure the model affected is Blurred Spear.) A lot of players called GMs about it, and figured out that is was due to a dat mod. So they know that if you can see it, then you are cheating. :3 Didn't catch if they intend to pursue punishing those who called it in on my first pass.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-09 08:49:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm pretty amused that a dat mod made it into a SE broadcast.

That said I really really doubt they'll go after anyone who was using it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-09 09:06:19
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Surely a claim of 3mins is under the assumption that it uses Bene at 75% every time? The fact it can use it later would add variance there. I am sure I have seen it as low as 25% which would of course make this time longer. I would appreciate a video if you are going to do it any time, not to go out of your way to prove it.
The issue isn't doing it or recording it, it's attaching a video of all my characters to this forum when I openly acknowledge cheating and selling gil. I wouldn't only have 5 present either, because the only point of killing Kei would be to get an Ou set. Then I get autists saying I filtered out my additional mules or whatever, even though they're just sitting in alliance. You don't need a video, it really isn't that complicated.

You take 5% off in each burst, you get 2 bursts per blm, you have 2 blms. Every 15 second SC takes roughly 20% off of it. GEO doesn't burst, but does remove regen.It dies in 7-8 skillchains for me. With a 25% benediction it's entirely possible you take over 3 minutes, but not significantly so. What is there to doubt? The time it takes to skillchain? The damage per nuke? These are both easily substantiated. You're literally just trolling to try to justify the weird setups you want for every fight in your own head.

Note that when I was farming my shields and lugalbandas I did not see a benediction later than the second skillchain in over 40 kills. For reference, that would be no later than roughly 60%. Not saying it's not possible for it to go 'as low as 25%', but that's certainly not common or expected.
First Page 2 3 ... 540 541 542 ... 843 844 845