Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 525 526 527 ... 831 832 833
By Afania 2018-02-15 13:06:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:
Source?

I could ask the same

https://www.ffxivpro.com/forum/topic/48957/gearing-newly-99-cor/

Quote:
My LS mate even parsed degen +1 and blurred +1 proc rate to be 100% sure both has equal oat proc rate that there's just no room for degen to be BiS.

Nocki parsed both blurred and degen proc rate way back in 2016 using Flippants parser addon, which detects MA rate. They were the same as joytoy, which is 45%. I don't recall the exact sample size but it was at least 600 swings if I remember correctly. Maybe Nocki can confirm?

Unless someone else has contradicting test results 45% should be correct.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-15 13:09:07
Link | Citer | R

The very link you posted has contradicting evidence.
By Afania 2018-02-15 13:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Chiaia didn't post the sample size! Are you sure it isn't just 100 swings? Can Chiaia confirm this?

600 swings(if my memory serves me right) is pretty big sample size.

Edit: The reason why 40% v.s 45% may be serious business is because it affects cor offhand choice hierarchy. (blurred+1 v.s odium)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-15 13:32:59
Link | Citer | R

BST DPS Spreadsheet

I know no one is keeping this one up to date, but my question is more general.

Somehow (likely thru adding gear) when I set Set 2 Weaponskill to Calamity, I get a Ref# error.

I've traced it to the Weaponskill sheet cell J536, (WSC Vit value) but I can't see why this one doesn't work and the set 1 function does.

I can't find it any further back. I've been going over the function and forumala (which works fine on WS Set1 set to Calamity).

I'm hoping a spreadsheet craftsman can point me in the right direction. indirect function is kinda hard to trace.

All other weaponskills work finse, but this is the only one with VIT as a secondary modifier.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-15 14:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »

Chiaia didn't post the sample size! Are you sure it isn't just 100 swings? Can Chiaia confirm this?

600 swings(if my memory serves me right) is pretty big sample size.

Edit: The reason why 40% v.s 45% may be serious business is because it affects cor offhand choice hierarchy. (blurred+1 v.s odium)
Nothing in that link shows what they had... but 600 isn't that big especially without the hard numbers to see exactly the percentage found as I'd expect it was probably rounded since MA usually goes in 5s. Would really need someone's hard data
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2018-02-15 18:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Several of my ls members have attempted to fish up Mola Mola without success. Anyone happen to have experience fishing it up?
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-15 18:31:58
Link | Citer | R

The FFXIclopedia talk page mentions an account of fishing one up (very rarely) on the Mhaura > Al Zahbi ferry, using Sliced Bluetail. They didn't note rod, but I assume NQ Lu Shang's or Ebisu based on the posting date.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-17 02:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Currently im 4k kills short of the access to revitalizer in escha/reisenjima. So what would be the best route to get those kills asap?

Thanks in advance.
 Bahamut.Neb
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2018-02-17 03:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Currently im 4k kills short of the access to revitalizer in escha/reisenjima. So what would be the best route to get those kills asap?

Thanks in advance.

Get a couple Blu or Bst and go cleave your way to a revit
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-17 03:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, anything works. Don't even have to earn exp off the kills. And a kill counts equally whether you are 119 or 40.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-17 14:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Anyone get random playonline viewer crash lately ? I've gotten one every once and a while not sure what is causing it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-17 20:14:49
Link | Citer | R

What's earring drop rate roughly like on E and N Divine Might II?
By clearlyamule 2018-02-17 20:23:34
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Thanks in advance.
I like cleaving but just to let you know before you get too excited it's not actually revit it's a nerfed version that doesn't restore 2hrs.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-18 00:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Has the enmity generation for Utsusemi under Yonin ever been measured?
user: Anjou
By Asura.Zarduhasselfrau 2018-02-18 01:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Is there a trick to doing WoE veridical conflux 4? Sometimes I get a proc which stuns the nm for a bit but not sure how it's triggered... otherwise i'm constantly stun locked
By clearlyamule 2018-02-18 02:08:33
Link | Citer | R

Doubt it. Is there a reason to think there is some weird interaction between the 2?
By Nyarlko 2018-02-18 02:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »

Bad. At least as low as other HTBs at those levels. TH does actually help on DMII, but again, the equipment drop rates for any HTB below Difficult usually sucks.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-18 07:59:11
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Doubt it. Is there a reason to think there is some weird interaction between the 2?
SE said it in a patch, that Utsusemi (or was it just Utsusemi: San?) generates additional amount of enmity if Yonin is up.

It's the same patch when they added Gekka, Yain and Crusade, if I recall.
So we're talking about a long time ago.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-18 10:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

Bad. At least as low as other HTBs at those levels. TH does actually help on DMII, but again, the equipment drop rates for any HTB below Difficult usually sucks.
Yes, but I was actually looking for a rough estimate. 1%? 5%? 10%? 20%?

Normal doesn't have a horrible drop rate on gear for other merit battlefields (like 40-50%).
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-18 12:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
SE said it in a patch, that Utsusemi (or was it just Utsusemi: San?) generates additional amount of enmity if Yonin is up.

The Yonin thing was added about a year after they released the +enmity spells. If I had to take a wild guess, it changes Utsusemi to be ~300/300 but I wanted to know if anyone already had real numbers on it.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-02-18 22:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Question for those that do extreme multi-boxing with Ashita.

Been trying to 7-box on my i5-4460 (full party+COR mule) and am having problems maintaining framerate. I've cranked down settings significantly and used the DX9 patch, but each instance of Ashita uses up 10-15% of the CPU.

What else should I look into to try to cut down on CPU usage? Not having as many problems when using Windower, but the multi-box tools on Windower are more lacking unfortunately.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-18 23:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Been trying to 7-box on my i5-4460 (full party+COR mule) and am having problems maintaining framerate. I've cranked down settings significantly and used the DX9 patch, but each instance of Ashita uses up 10-15% of the CPU.

What else should I look into to try to cut down on CPU usage? Not having as many problems when using Windower, but the multi-box tools on Windower are more lacking unfortunately.

Put some of them on a 2nd computer/laptop. :x Your current setup is going to be using 70%-105% of your CPU, and CPUs don't like trying to go over 100%. Your best solution would be to reduce the number of instances per physical machine.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-02-18 23:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

Put some of them on a 2nd computer/laptop. :x Your current setup is going to be using 70%-105% of your CPU, and CPUs don't like trying to go over 100%. Your best solution would be to reduce the number of instances per physical machine.
The instances are just fine if it's Windower.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-19 10:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

The Yonin thing was added about a year after they released the +enmity spells. If I had to take a wild guess, it changes Utsusemi to be ~300/300 but I wanted to know if anyone already had real numbers on it.
Hmmm missed that might have to find the notes. Might be a tad tricky to test given it already gives boosted enmity but decaying nature
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-02-19 11:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Here are the notes.
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2018-02-19 12:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Can Gravewood Log appear in Reisenjima brown caskets?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-02-19 12:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Can you pop a VNM with an alt and log out without the abyssite changing?
By zaxtiss 2018-02-19 12:41:10
Link | Citer | R

i think so that or zone the char that popped it.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-19 12:47:58
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Can you pop a VNM with an alt and log out without the abyssite changing?
Hmm try this and let me know this is an ingenious idea
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-19 12:59:15
Link | Citer | R

You can, though the T3s and T4s break abyssite upon pop instead of death, so it doesn't work for them.
First Page 2 3 ... 525 526 527 ... 831 832 833