Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 523 524 525 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-02 02:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if monsters with WS-type melee attacks cam crit (obviously without message because they act like WSs)?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-02 08:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Anybody knows where you can get in touch with the "KenshiDRK" author of lua addons and stuff?
New page, small bump
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-02 20:42:06
Link | Citer | R

Think we can get some updates on some guide pages?

Some of em are suuuuper dated. and the thread itself is usually a shitshow.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2018-02-03 07:42:29
Link | Citer | R

So if I get weaponskill Damage+ on a ranged weapon,a doomsday for example, would that also add damage to a melee weaponskill like Savage Blade if I had it equiped?

Thanks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-03 08:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
So if I get weaponskill Damage+ on a ranged weapon,a doomsday for example, would that also add damage to a melee weaponskill like Savage Blade if I had it equiped?

Thanks.

You should definitely get the ToM Gun instead.
By Qiqirnmercenary 2018-02-03 11:37:44
Link | Citer | R

Is it me or have there been no new screenshots for almost 2 weeks now?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-02-03 14:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Soon i will start farming Kei for the smn earring. Im planning to go with a full mage setup. Looking at videos and testimonies, most of them uses thunder to burst with fragmentation. My question is if there is some reason related to gimmicks to use frag/thunder, and if Kei takes normal dmg from fire what is better for me to burst.

Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-02-03 14:14:38
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Soon i will start farming Kei for the smn earring. Im planning to go with a full mage setup. Looking at videos and testimonies, most of them uses thunder to burst with fragmentation. My question is if there is some reason related to gimmicks to use frag/thunder, and if Kei takes normal dmg from fire what is better for me to burst.

Thanks in advance.

Thunder has always been much more consistent for when I've done it. I think the reason some groups might use fire is if you're 3-stepping with a RNG using trueflight which would be fusion -> light, so they can burst on both skillchains. But you can also do Fragmentation->Last Stand for pure Thunder bursts. I can't remember if there was much of a damage difference between the two elements, people just always preferred using Thunder.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-02-03 14:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

He definitely doesn't take standard damage from Fire vs. Lightning. I've always done Kei with a SCH+RNG setup doing SCH Fusion, then the RNG closing with Trueflight for Light, and if we have mages along, they burst Thunder on the light. You'll get MUCH better results with Thunder vs. Fire.

In addition, you're most important thing is to be spamming T1 nukes in between bursts to fight the regen. Sometimes its hard to see the "spikes", but he casts corresponding nukes (ie if he has Blaze Spikes, he'll cast Fire based nukes/enfeebles, if he has wind spikes he'll cast Wind based).

I in particular like having a RDM on that fight if doing it this way- Flurry2 for the RNG, refresh3/haste2 for the mages, and Inundation for increased SC dmg. Be forewarned that Stygian Sphere wipes ALL debuffs for Kei, meaning you must re-apply.

Also, even WITH this strategy causing a Fusion SC before the trueflight, bursting there has always yielded horrid results for me when I go BLM (AG Laeveteinn, and solid gear around) versus bursting on the Light.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-03 14:44:13
Link | Citer | R

Thunder damage and SCH SC is all you need.

RUN SCH SCH BLM BLM GEO drops it in under 3 minutes. If you bring more people, even easier.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-02-04 02:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Quick question, the guild NPC accept augmented items for guild points? I dont feel like spending millions to make jeweled collar, i think better to just farm them in abyssea if the NPC accept them.

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2018-02-04 11:21:34
Link | Citer | R

You can indeed use the abyssea collars
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-05 11:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Is there any monster in FFXI that uses "Addle II"?
If so which?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-02-06 12:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Hi.

Thanks in advance.

He definitely doesn't take standard damage from Fire vs. Lightning. I've always done Kei with a SCH+RNG setup doing SCH Fusion, then the RNG closing with Trueflight for Light, and if we have mages along, they burst Thunder on the light. You'll get MUCH better results with Thunder vs. Fire.

In addition, you're most important thing is to be spamming T1 nukes in between bursts to fight the regen. Sometimes its hard to see the "spikes", but he casts corresponding nukes (ie if he has Blaze Spikes, he'll cast Fire based nukes/enfeebles, if he has wind spikes he'll cast Wind based).

I in particular like having a RDM on that fight if doing it this way- Flurry2 for the RNG, refresh3/haste2 for the mages, and Inundation for increased SC dmg. Be forewarned that Stygian Sphere wipes ALL debuffs for Kei, meaning you must re-apply.

Also, even WITH this strategy causing a Fusion SC before the trueflight, bursting there has always yielded horrid results for me when I go BLM (AG Laeveteinn, and solid gear around) versus bursting on the Light.

As others have stated excellently, Thunder is best for Kei. Don’t even think about using Fire.

On a side note: Can someone please explain the fascination with Fire to me??? Is it a Damage to MP ratio or something? Because when I’m nuking I want to hit as hard as possible and Fire is two whole tiers below Thunder so what’s the deal?

Thanks in advance
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-02-06 12:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

As others have stated excellently, Thunder is best for Kei. Don’t even think about using Fire.

On a side note: Can someone please explain the fascination with Fire to me??? Is it a Damage to MP ratio or something? Because when I’m nuking I want to hit as hard as possible and Fire is two whole tiers below Thunder so what’s the deal?

Thanks in advance

Before Omen i want to say 90% of meaningful content was weak to fire damage so it was very popular. For instance if you do SC+MB setup for zitah/ruaun/reisen a majority of the NMs are weak to fire damage.
By clearlyamule 2018-02-06 12:30:21
Link | Citer | R

I'll also add for a long time since back in the day when mage set ups started really rising blms pretty much just used thunder/blizzard and SE responded by making some mobs resistant (or at least comparatively less dmg) in the years to come though mage strategies also fell out anyways
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-06 13:02:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Before Omen i want to say 90% of meaningful content was weak to fire damage so it was very popular. For instance if you do SC+MB setup for zitah/ruaun/reisen a majority of the NMs are weak to fire damage.
Not even close to a majority is weakest to fire; people just weren't willing to experiment and memorize for every single mob, so they just picked an element that seemed to work at least passably the majority of the time.
By Pantafernando 2018-02-06 13:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Hi.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance

I personally prefer fire because its easier for me at least to make skillchain. I do thunder > fire (liquefaction) > thunder (fusion) > Dimidiation (light). That makes a huge window with just 3 strats where i can throw every type of fire nuke but i never really heard what other people use so this prob can not be the most efficient use of strats.
By maxiel 2018-02-06 20:31:14
Link | Citer | R

Two Questions.

Are there any monster rearing pets that are super happy all the time and will give you stars like crazy as you resonate them? If not, are there any worth keeping around for the mats they give when you collect directly from there?

I have several red mog pells on some mules and have GEO, RDM, WHM, BRD, BLM, PLD and RNG. So far I know of Taeon TP for RDM, Taeon Phalanx, Telchine M.EVA/pet regen/Pet DT and enhancing duration. Are there any other useful BIS stats I can consider for my jobs before I go all in?
By zaxtiss 2018-02-07 09:02:17
Link | Citer | R

maxiel said: »
Two Questions.

Are there any monster rearing pets that are super happy all the time and will give you stars like crazy as you resonate them? If not, are there any worth keeping around for the mats they give when you collect directly from there?

I have several red mog pells on some mules and have GEO, RDM, WHM, BRD, BLM, PLD and RNG. So far I know of Taeon TP for RDM, Taeon Phalanx, Telchine M.EVA/pet regen/Pet DT and enhancing duration. Are there any other useful BIS stats I can consider for my jobs before I go all in?
Taeon snapshot for rng
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-02-07 09:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to go up and down the alliance list without hitting ctrl or alt f1-f6? When I use to play on controller on PS2, the arrow key would do the trick. It's the only thing I miss about controller vs keyboard controls.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-07 09:35:16
Link | Citer | R

You can <stpt> or <stal> to put a miniature cursor that you can move up and down with arrow keys.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-07 11:23:46
Link | Citer | R

How long does a Blessing last after killing a Domain Invasion dragon?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-02-07 12:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
How long does a Blessing last after killing a Domain Invasion dragon?
Every kill selects 3 out of the 11 blessings and sets their duration to 24 hours. It can select blessings that were already up.
 Sylph.Reain
Serveur: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2018-02-07 15:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is there a way to go up and down the alliance list without hitting ctrl or alt f1-f6? When I use to play on controller on PS2, the arrow key would do the trick. It's the only thing I miss about controller vs keyboard controls.

You can bind Menu/Target Cursor up and Menu/Target Cursor Down in Config >Misc.2 > key assignment > movement. You might need to be using compact keyboard.
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-02-07 18:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Thank you Thorny and Reain! I think in my case, I should have binded keys I don't use to what Reain said. I never messed with these settings all these years of playing lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-11 08:47:03
Link | Citer | R

If so which?
Small bump, anybody has a clue by any chance?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-11 09:16:10
Link | Citer | R

There aren't, unless Colibri can reflect it.
[+]
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-11 09:41:31
Link | Citer | R

If so which?
Small bump, anybody has a clue by any chance?

Specifically Addle II, I am unsure. However Omen Caturae Kin develops an addle aura. Additionally, Dynamis megabosses can use the aura with high potency.
First Page 2 3 ... 523 524 525 ... 834 835 836