Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 859 860 861
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-04 02:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Achira said: »
Definitely main-handing- that would just be funny, really.

Only checking the elemental resistances that show up- even unequipped/reequipped to check a few times, just to be sure.

Maybe my math is just off. It's good to hear that I'm doing it correctly.

Moogle trial weapons don't get in the way, do they?
After doing every WSNM WAR can do AND a few nyzul weapons, all I can say is no matter what you think, you're not close yet. XP
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-04 03:19:28
Link | Citer | R

Does Economizer (the pup part) have a cooldown? I seem to try to force to use it by keeping up 3 dark maneuvers, and sometimes when it is at like 70mp it still won't use the piece. Seems to do this as of late, and idk how to fix this issue.
By douten 2012-06-04 09:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Question For DoT on THF. Would Thokcha dex be an appropriate offhand for Rudra's Storm(Twasthar)? or would the STR one outweights it with DoT.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-04 09:38:35
Link | Citer | R

There's no reason to make a DEX Thokcha.
 Bismarck.Desudro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Desudro
By Bismarck.Desudro 2012-06-04 10:22:12
Link | Citer | R

My fiance and I are attempting to duo the remaining story missions (all that we can, we know we'll need a party for some), but what job combos would be best? We need to complete ToAU, WotG, and the Abyssea missions.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-04 10:25:45
Link | Citer | R

WHM or SCH + DD

Should be able to duo everything.
SCH is probably better, since it gives you Embrava for BCNMs that try to give you any lip (Probably none) and Nukes for ToAU Blue Mage fight.
[+]
 Bismarck.Desudro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Desudro
By Bismarck.Desudro 2012-06-04 10:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Would DRG/melee be enough or would it need to be something like WAR or SAM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-06-04 11:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Desudro said: »
My fiance and I are attempting to duo the remaining story missions (all that we can, we know we'll need a party for some), but what job combos would be best? We need to complete ToAU, WotG, and the Abyssea missions.
My BF and I have duo'd a bunch of the outside Aby missions on BLM and BLU. It is a really fun duo with a lot of AoEs and sleeps if needed. He also has all of the heavy DDs and nin, while I have all the mages, so we switch it up when needed, but with most of them, we rarely need to switch.
[+]
By douten 2012-06-04 22:34:34
Link | Citer | R

Guys please help me out on this setence on bgwiki about white procing. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Dynamis

'Other players in the party may have sub job enabled and be on the hate list and a white proc will still occur.'

Am I correct in interpreting that this means as long as people are fighting the same mob as the dnc/lock therefore sharing the same 'hate list' they can proc white even while subbed?

Thanks! :)
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-06-04 22:36:31
Link | Citer | R

douten said: »
Guys please help me out on this setence on bgwiki about white procing. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Dynamis

'Other players in the party may have sub job enabled and be on the hate list and a white proc will still occur.'

Am I correct in interpreting that this means as long as people are fighting the same mob as the dnc/lock therefore sharing the same 'hate list' they can proc white even while subbed?

Thanks! :)
the dnc/lock can still proc white, the other locked members still can not. That is just saying having unlocked players on the hate list will not prevent the locked player from being able to get white.
By douten 2012-06-04 22:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Okk gotcha so the sentence was towards the dnc not the party member that clear things up. Thanks. Could've been worded better imo.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-06-04 22:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Does Economizer (the pup part) have a cooldown? I seem to try to force to use it by keeping up 3 dark maneuvers, and sometimes when it is at like 70mp it still won't use the piece. Seems to do this as of late, and idk how to fix this issue.
http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Economizer
3 min cooldown. If an attachment has an active effect like that it's safe to assume it has a cooldown.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-05 09:18:45
Link | Citer | R

In which order did evasion, parry, shield block, guard and counter take priority one over the other? I forgot
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-05 09:31:03
Link | Citer | R

Evasion checks before parry and guard, don't know about the other two :c
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-06-05 09:41:52
Link | Citer | R

Eeeh, that's the only one I seem to remember too... I thik it was eva>parry>shield and eva>guard>counter but I can't tell for sure anymore. Grazie comunque Seha
By douten 2012-06-05 11:23:27
Link | Citer | R

For overall decent DoT outside for things like Dyna, etc. Ranged/Ammo slot for THF what's recommended? I have Raider's Boomerang now, but thinking of a Potestas Bomblet instead. Hmm maybe old school acid bolts too? XD

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-05 12:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Thought Boomerang was the best ammo\ranged for dot too? 3% DW or so?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Achira 2012-06-05 12:23:04
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
After doing every WSNM WAR can do AND a few nyzul weapons, all I can say is no matter what you think, you're not close yet. XP

Ha! You were/are right. I was like 60 points off. ><
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Achira 2012-06-05 12:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Does anyone have a game mechanics guide they found helped them make the jump to "getting it"? I learned a lot of the basics from wikia and this guide but I'm hoping for something that maybe cites some examples/threshholds. Sorry if I'm wording this question poorly.

Bump.

No, but I have been thinking about writing one- sorta. Part of me wants to, the part that is both ocd and enjoys writing these things. The other part of me (the part that doesn't want to share spellcasts because I think people who use it should be able to write their own code!) doesn't want me to take the time to do it. Then I remind myself to stop being a selfish jackarse and just be nice and do it.

I find most of the information through either self-discovery or in some of the more advanced forums and their threads. Occasionally I'll meet someone in game that is really amazing and will share things here and there.

Really, when I think about how complex this game is and all the things there are to do- I wonder how anyone can even remotely complain about lack of content. (Although lack of content and lack of content that over-exposed teenager/young adult user finds remotely interesting are very different things!) Anyway. /end rambling
By Achira 2012-06-05 12:30:44
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I should have logged in another character and teamed up. I never forget how long it takes until I'm doing the next one and I'm like OMFGITSHOULDHAVEBROKENALREADY. heh.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-05 14:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Would Moonshade beat Volley's accuracy for Slug Shot? I couldn't find useful info about the tp accuracy on the wikis :< maybe someone here has a vague idea and can tell me which to use.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-05 14:30:18
Link | Citer | R

I can't either, but I would imagine so. Not a useful response, but best I can do with no data :P
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-05 16:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Any monks know if the augmented Melee cyclas +2 has to remain equipped to reduce formless strike's attack penalty?
By douten 2012-06-06 09:21:08
Link | Citer | R

Does a sub dnc haste samba only add 2.5% atk speed haste? Thanks :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-06 09:21:35
Link | Citer | R

douten said: »
Does a sub dnc haste samba only add 2.5% atk speed haste? Thanks :)

5% (50/1024 so actually 4.88%)

From DNC main, each merit is +10/1024 (+0.97%) for a maximum of 9.77% haste.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-06 09:38:59
Link | Citer | R

Iirc, those numbers we have for DNC's Haste Samba (and /DNC) are not actually accurate to the 256th. They're based on FRAPs, I think.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 859 860 861