Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 859 860 861

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-06-01 14:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Actually yeah, it was undead that skills Healing Magic the fastest, that's right! I totally drew a blank there.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-01 15:21:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how I could change this to set it to where it will only cast Haste/Refresh II on myself when it is down?

Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-06-01 15:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Ifbuffactive changespell? Or cancel, maybe, something like that
 Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rumaha
By Quetzalcoatl.Rumaha 2012-06-01 15:26:32
Link | Citer | R

And why, on Guilwork, does it not show my character model in the corner picture thing;

This thing

Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-01 16:23:22
Link | Citer | R

I dont know what the sign for "AND" is, though I think it is "||" but I could be wrong...does this look right?

Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-01 16:43:58
Link | Citer | R

I think all of your command lines(the part that casts haste, refresh and such will attempt to fire off at the same time since all of them are being instructed to cast 2 seconds after the aftercast of composure.

Your check to make sure haste and refresh up will currently pass so long as one or the other is up but to be honest, you don't need haste for this so I'd just take that out and leave refresh only.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-01 16:56:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
I think all of your command lines(the part that casts haste, refresh and such will attempt to fire off at the same time since all of them are being instructed to cast 2 seconds after the aftercast of composure.

Your check to make sure haste and refresh up will currently pass so long as one or the other is up but to be honest, you don't need haste for this so I'd just take that out and leave refresh only.
Okay I removed the haste bits. So if I remove the ( when="aftercast" ) from the command lines for refresh II, cancel 719, and protect, would that fix it? or would all 4 of the command lines try to go at one time? I figured the wait 2 before each of those would add a little gap in between each. Guess I figured it worked differently xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-01 17:53:33
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Triet said: »
I dont know what the sign for "AND" is
&& is equivalent to "AND" within advanced tags. || is "OR". Spellcast supports both the word and the symbol. The pipe in your buffactive check also constitutes an "or" (this is all in the windower wiki), which I don't think is the behavior you were shooting for.

Okay I removed the haste bits. So if I remove the ( when="aftercast" ) from the command lines for refresh II, cancel 719, and protect, would that fix it? or would all 4 of the command lines try to go at one time? I figured the wait 2 before each of those would add a little gap in between each. Guess I figured it worked differently xD
The wait 2 is an instruction for that specific command and has no bearing on the processing of any other rules. You should set up your code so it's not trying to refresh all of those buffs at the same time, only whichever one is needed.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-01 18:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

The 2 is the number of seconds the game waits after the aftercast of composure. So currently, 2 seconds after composure, your game attempts to send 4 commands and only one will get through.

Even if it worked the way you thought, 2 seconds isn't enough time between spellcasts unless you are under CS. So what you need to do is this roughly based on your FC:
Code
<command>input /ja "Composure" <me></command>
<command when="aftercast">wait 2;input /ma "Refresh II" <me></command>
<command when="aftercast">wait 9;cancel 419</command>
<command when="aftercast">wait 11;input /ma "Protect" <me></command>

Think of it like 4 cars attempting to get through an intersection. You need the composure car to finish before the refresh car can start going. So if the refresh car waits 2 seconds after the aftercast of composure, it can get through without being borked by the JA's cooldown window. The cancel car can't go until after refresh does so you still get the composure bonus on refresh. But if you only waited 2 seconds it would go off at the same time as the refresh. If you waited say 5 seconds then that might be enough to start the cast but composure would get canceled before the spell resolved. So you need to wait long enough for the composure to be done, and for refresh to go off. Since refresh waits 2 seconds to start you need to add that to the total. So 2+enough time to finish casting refresh. So I'd go with 9 just to be sure. You can adjust this based on your own fastcast. Next, you need the final car in the line to be able to get past. This line initiates a cast so everything else needs to be done first. Since a cancel technically takes no time to do, you can really leave this line at 9 and it would work fine since 9 seconds is enough for composure to finish, the refresh to cast and the cancel to go off but I'd do 10 or 11 just to ensure everything is spaced out enough.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-01 19:33:13
Link | Citer | R

@Sekundes; With that code you put, all it does is spam Composure. Anyways, I rewrote it to this, removing the haste and composure bits:

but when it casts Refresh II it tries to cast protect too soon and instead of waiting 2-3 seconds between casting I have to wait 9 seconds. So I will go in and change
Code
<if spell="Refresh II">
                <if advanced='"$SkillUp" == "1"'>
                    <command when="aftercast">wait 3;input /ma "Protect" <me></command>
                </if>
            </if>

to
Code
<if spell="Refresh II">
                <if advanced='"$SkillUp" == "1"'>
                    <command when="aftercast">wait 7;input /ma "Protect" <me></command>
                </if>
            </if>

...and hopefully that is enough time. If not I can add/remove a few seconds.

EDIT**
Actually...I removed that refresh line...changed the last one to look like this:
...and now I have a 13 second gap between recasting Refresh II and restarting skill-up cycle...I think I am about to give up><
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-01 20:07:00
Link | Citer | R

As that stands, it probably won't work too well at the start or anytime refresh goes down because what it will do is:

Load xml
As you do anything it'll parse
It will see that refresh isn't up and attempt to cast it regardless of whatever else you are doing.
When you start to cast refresh it will run through the rules again but it will do it too soon because while refresh is indeed casting, it hasn't finished so you don't have refresh active and it will attempt to cast it again atleast twice perhaps 3 times before you get the buff and it can continue in to the other part.

Really you need something to start it all with here first to start it, it could be a fake spell but you need to account for that In some way and change up the code so that no matter what is happening it won't get locked up and waste your time.

I'll try doing some testing if I can.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-06-01 20:11:10
Link | Citer | R

When I first loaded it it just sat there. I pop Light Arts and it started casting refresh II before I could get Addendum: White up, I waited for it to finish casting then hit Addendum: White macro. Then it just went into skill up.

I made a couple changes, unloaded, and reloaded sc and thought...well Light Arts/Addendum: White is active and you can't cancel that...how will I get it to start? I typed //dia, hit enter and it casted refresh II and began the cycle.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-02 01:46:16
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have a game mechanics guide they found helped them make the jump to "getting it"? I learned a lot of the basics from wikia and this guide but I'm hoping for something that maybe cites some examples/threshholds. Sorry if I'm wording this question poorly.
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-02 16:48:24
Link | Citer | R

I have fought Yilbegan several times and we have always tanked it from the rear. We popped one today and it wouldn't let us do that. It always turned to the person with hate resulting in doom spam. We ultimately lost because we weren't ready for this. I have seen rings drop before and never once encountered a version that would always face front. Has this happened to anyone else?
 Siren.Mcclane
Serveur: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-06-02 16:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I have fought Yilbegan several times and we have always tanked it from the rear. We popped one today and it wouldn't let us do that. It always turned to the person with hate resulting in doom spam. We ultimately lost because we weren't ready for this. I have seen rings drop before and never once encountered a version that would always face front. Has this happened to anyone else?

This actually happened to me and my friend as well. We popped it on a hill, figured it had something to do with that. Had no shadow, so wasn't a huge loss.
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-06-02 16:51:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »

read somewhere if someone pops it and wipes to it, it'll always be like that in the zone until someone kills it

not sure if its true but possible D:
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-02 16:52:45
Link | Citer | R

That's one hell of an MPK then! Got us good :(

Post deleted by User.
By Shotaro 2012-06-03 04:24:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok I got a question. I am lvling whm and Im gonna try to dive into the complicatedness of Spellcast, and I wanted to know about "precast". I understand that once u start the cast, you have a precast set, which consists of haste and all that, then you swap on your other gear to finish the cast, so you get the benefits of both sets.

I was wondering, if i swapped in Nefer Kalasiris +1 precast, then swithed to Orison +2 body, would the Cure pot+ carry over? Or do i just get the benefit of the -cure cast time?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Achira 2012-06-03 11:11:24
Link | Citer | R

Can someone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Unlocking the Katana WS, and I definitely have had enough points (and probably twice over) to break the latent- but it isn't breaking.

I don't have another WS quest active and I thought that was the only criteria- is there something else that I'm just unaware of?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-03 11:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Might be silly but better be sure: you're checking the elemental resistance balance? Cause it doesn't disappear from the weapon itself.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Achira 2012-06-03 11:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Definitely main-handing- that would just be funny, really.

Only checking the elemental resistances that show up- even unequipped/reequipped to check a few times, just to be sure.

Maybe my math is just off. It's good to hear that I'm doing it correctly.

Moogle trial weapons don't get in the way, do they?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-06-04 02:03:06
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
Does anyone have a game mechanics guide they found helped them make the jump to "getting it"? I learned a lot of the basics from wikia and this guide but I'm hoping for something that maybe cites some examples/threshholds. Sorry if I'm wording this question poorly.

Bump.
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 859 860 861