Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 859 860 861
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-05-24 09:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
Just read through like 15 parses (dc nightmare mobs in bubu/valk/qufim only) and didnt see a single instance of 5 coins dropping. If it happens, it's very rare. Might only be off DC beastmen there.

Also, not really sure if it's relevant, but both EP and DC beastmen can drop 2 forgottens.

I got 5 off EP orcs in valk once. I didn't screenshot it as i was farming nin pants for the 4th day in a row and was highly annoyed they wouldn't drop but I have it in log for w/e thats worth
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-05-24 09:37:12
Link | Citer | R

Leeches and Bees in Tav can also drop 5 coins. I never saw 5 bronze off Makara, but might have seen it off clusters.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-24 09:52:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Random question: Where can you buy bleach in ff11? I should know better than to wear white while bludgeoning bunnys to death, but I was stupid and now i'm worried i've ruined one of my favorite whm outfits.

100 WSs, 36 crits, -25% from dex/merits, approx 11% crit rate for hexa.

You have about a 10% margin of error, I think.

Also, if you are doing this on monsters near your level it might be worth parsing it. The last time I played around with Hexa it looked like it potentially had an attack penalty.
ya, like, 7-15% for a 95% confidence interval. Testing was on lvl1 bunnys. Just did it because it was mentioned and I still had the program I wrote for when I was messing w/ Ukko's. Would definitally take it to abyssea and test crit rate at least at 10 and 15 before I said it was at all conclusive.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-24 12:43:40
Link | Citer | R

Stalwart's tonic values?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-24 12:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Only the drum magazine.
Ty. Dumb pups on my server are trying to tell me otherwise lol.
 Carbuncle.Justicebringer
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Justicebringer 2012-05-24 22:36:12
Link | Citer | R

So, I decided to make a new character with the purpose of being my personal WHM. After entering the codes and what not to get the Destrier Beret, I still have not received it from the Festive Moogle. I tried contacting a GM and what not about it, which resulted in a simple brows FFXI Forums and whatnot to look for a solution. Not much help of course. Any suggestions or solutions for this problem?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-25 04:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Are there any reliable ways to farm Flame Geodes? I'm almost to that point on my STR/Attack Shamshir and I've only accumulated 13 Geodes. I'm not exactly fond of the idea of spending nearly 4,000,000 gil on Geodes alone for a single weapon.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-05-25 05:05:10
Link | Citer | R

Sadly the only reliable way to farm geodes is the one you did to get the 13 you have.
So either keep doing it til you gather them all or farm the money and pay for them, it's probably a lot faster to just farm the money imo.
I have to buy a lot soon for my dagger too so don't skyrocket them much more :p
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-25 13:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry, Arcalimo. I'm quitting on my second fire Shikagar (it's about half done, but I refuse to spend another 5M on a second weapon) and am just going to move straight into going for the Almace after this. So after I buy these 42 Flame Geodes that should be about it!

Daily Dynamis seems to be funding me pretty well right now anyway ^^
 Ragnarok.Taereon
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-05-26 12:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Aluh Jambiya 810k.
I use supernal knife and phurba (contemplating Twashtar after I finish my relic). Potent cures or be one of those DD dnc I've read so much about here? Cheercisions cheercisions...
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-05-26 12:33:55
Link | Citer | R

If I go into dynamis right before jp midnight can I immediately go back in after exit or do I need to have exited before jp midnight?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-05-26 12:48:05
Link | Citer | R

You can do a second run after you exit.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dreadnot
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dreadnot 2012-05-26 13:28:10
Link | Citer | R

Guessing beastmen only, because I've spent the last week farming dynamis Qufim/Tav and none of the bats/mites/bombs/leeches/ect have dropped more then 4 pieces with proc and TH7.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-05-26 13:49:18
Link | Citer | R

EP Nightmare in Dynamis - Tavnazia can drop 5 also. Said that 1 page ago. ;_;
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 14:17:07
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to make an entirely new thread for this, but pup TP/WS (for pummel). What are we lookin at as optimal at 99 now? I have thaumas kecks for WS at the very least, but is there some kind of new tp set up involving those over the MA & 4% haste on AF3+2?

TP

WS

h2h are the WS dmg+10% path. Anwig atm is 4 STR 4AGI WS acc+15 WS dmg+2% one. I know for one adjustment I can use the prosilio belt on pummel/smite, but that thing is mad expensive atm, and most of my gil is going into my (hopefully soon) to be completed Amano.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-26 17:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Usukane feet come to mind, thought I'd bet on 3/5 AF3+2 and Thaumas body/feet being your best bet. Rancorous Mantle + Cirque Necklace seems viable but I haven't actually checked. Definitely Rancorous Mantle for WS, possibly paired with Tjukurrpa medal. Moonshade TP Bonus earring too.
 Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-05-26 18:15:09
Link | Citer | R

Has there been any theories or facts via SE for that matter if Cells effect HMPs in chests?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 18:35:47
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Usukane feet come to mind, thought I'd bet on 3/5 AF3+2 and Thaumas body/feet being your best bet. Rancorous Mantle + Cirque Necklace seems viable but I haven't actually checked. Definitely Rancorous Mantle for WS, possibly paired with Tjukurrpa medal. Moonshade TP Bonus earring too.

I was thinkin about the necklace.. See, cuz I was told rancor collar was better for TP DPS. I plum forgot they made the mantle and when I got that advice the mantle wasn't in-game... Thx good point to note. I thought about that Medal + rancor for WS too but that's a combined near 3M just for those 2 pieces. Guess I got work to do :P. Thanks. All solid stuff I thought about, but wasn't quite sure. Looks like I gotta kill that damn monkey again cuz I dropped my necklace when rancor came out lol... Why would I TP in thaumas feet though? Or did you mean WS? then again, why? They got 0 STR on them and I'm not sure that set bonus is gonna win, is it? Or if ya meant TP would usukane really be better? or should i get the Savateur's Gaiters for the 2% kicks?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-26 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

Cirque/Thaumas/Cirque/Twilight/Cirque/Thaumas is 25% haste, so 3% DA, 14 attack, 2 STR, 11 DEX is a pretty solid choice for the open foot slot. Usukane would be for if you're not using Thaumas Coat, as it would let you maintain 26% haste while improving your offensive stats in your current setup.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 19:03:17
Link | Citer | R

Gotcha. That sounds like a pretty solid set up. Thanks. I was gonna pick Thaumas coat next anyways. All the more reason to now. And I guess I gotta reacquire cirque neck if I do manage to get a rancor mantle.
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-05-27 01:17:11
Link | Citer | R

I apologize if this has already been asked but is Critical Hit Damage+ still capped at 50% or did they change that at anytime?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-27 01:34:15
Link | Citer | R

As of May 2011 it caps at 100%
 Fenrir.Frobos
user: Frobos
By Fenrir.Frobos 2012-05-28 03:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Thank you Syloooowwwww <3.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-28 21:41:29
Link | Citer | R

At what point does cirein-croin have access to mayhem lantern? I want to melee on bst to speed up kills. 50%?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-28 21:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
At what point does cirein-croin have access to mayhem lantern? I want to melee on bst to speed up kills. 50%?
I've killed him like 100x +. I'd say 50%..never seen it above that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 21:56:04
Link | Citer | R

Use poison potions, run away after the first TP move and Mayhem Lantern will never hit you.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-28 21:56:55
Link | Citer | R

Killed him 100s of times too but it was always really quick, havn't quite soloed it yet. Thanks XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-05-29 08:41:47
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »

Use poison potions, run away after the first TP move and Mayhem Lantern will never hit you.
This strategy is risky, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because he can reduce up to 1 as a first tp move then you die instantly to poison.

Learn how to fight a nm without looking at them and you'll never be slept. Only turn to face them the exact millisecond your attack round procs then turn away and wait out your weapon delay.

This is how thf can solo kukulkan and CC so easily. Terror from him and sleep from CC won't be able to proc while your facing them because you turn too fast.

If you time your spin perfectly, you won't even lose any dps but that takes a lot of practice.

Any bst wouldn't die from poison because they are usually using mounted champion which would still give you a net +19hp/tic atma alone. Also there is no reason from him to use deathgnash directly at me since pet should be tanking.

I do practice this hit-turn style fighting when I feel the mob's tp is ready to be used, but I feel it's too risky under 50% (had mayhem go off at 47% yesterday) since you may not get out of range in time. The last 50% goes pretty quick anyways with falcor being a bird and all.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 859 860 861