Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 354 355 356 ... 842 843 844
By Crevox 2015-02-17 07:20:23
Link | Citer | R

Grape Daifuku is +3 MATK.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-02-17 08:09:04
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I think this one:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/6223/c-snow-cone

Acording to miang testing, mab+ 5, macc +16

Ouch, 400k a stack on Asura. Is there some other new and good mage food cheaper than this?
 Odin.Shaggnix
Serveur: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-02-17 10:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Rolanberry Daifuku (Die-fuk-u) is likely 3 Macc if it follows the grape model
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-17 16:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
Siren.Inuyushi said: »
CDC > Sinker Drill = Light

That's definitely dark.

Quote:
Sinker Drill, Amorphic Spikes, Bloodrake, and Benthic Typhoon all make Darkness.

Bloodrake doesn't SC with CDC unless you're doing double dark.

Good to know, I've always had better uses of UL, it's listed on the wiki that way.
We're definitely seeing Darkness but thanks so much, he was pretty much knocking down Gates mobs with this. Also, could anyone tell me the SC properties for Sinker Drill?
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-02-18 11:31:55
Link | Citer | R

Minimum set up for odin v1? I've heard he can still KO fairly often despite ilvl gear and such, pet jobs?

Also, were the requirements for initiating an odin run changed? iirc it required 9/9 feathers for the person initiating the run, and all those tagging along just needed 1 feather from each of the 3 wings/tiers. Lately, when i do einherjar, i get the option to go to odins chamber when starting the run, and i only have 4/9 feathers (i do have 1 from each tier).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-18 11:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Minimum set up for odin v1? I've heard he can still KO fairly often despite ilvl gear and such, pet jobs?

Also, were the requirements for initiating an odin run changed? iirc it required 9/9 feathers for the person initiating the run, and all those tagging along just needed 1 feather from each of the 3 wings/tiers. Lately, when i do einherjar, i get the option to go to odins chamber when starting the run, and i only have 4/9 feathers (i do have 1 from each tier).

You only need 1 feather from each tier now as long as you have done Odin before, I don't know about first times, and he is quite soloable as long as you have a method to avoid his KO move. Pet jobs just leave their pets on him and run out before he does it and resummon the pet, NIN can use Migawari. At 10% he will kill anything in range unless you are /kneel, so you can disengage and /kneel to avoid that move then just finish him off.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-18 11:45:08
Link | Citer | R

If you do go with NIN, make sure you bring some form of Dispel for Dread Spikes. NIN can kill themselves in 1 auto-attack round if they get unlucky with multi-attacks.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-02-18 11:46:37
Link | Citer | R

You only need 1 feather from each tier now as long as you have done Odin before, I don't know about first times, and he is quite soloable as long as you have a method to avoid his KO move. Pet jobs just leave their pets on him and run out before he does it and resummon the pet, NIN can use Migawari. At 10% he will kill anything in range unless you are /kneel, so you can disengage and /kneel to avoid that move then just finish him off.

Awesome, and thank you. For the record, I've never done odin before so it must be just 1 from each tier for anyone.
 Odin.Shaggnix
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-02-18 11:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
If you do go with NIN, make sure you bring some form of Dispel for Dread Spikes. NIN can kill themselves in 1 auto-attack round if they get unlucky with multi-attacks.

Going to be pet jobs, I can field a decent smn and a mediocre bst on different accounts.

1 more question though, if you enter with less than 6, are you still subject to the shortened time limit like with normal einherjar?
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-02-18 11:50:14
Link | Citer | R

Yes. 10 min limit.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-18 12:07:59
Link | Citer | R

For odin v1, back before I was geared a lot, I fought him twice as a SMN.

First time I did it with one other guy, a SAM. We both died during the fight to his giant AoE attack, reraised, and he quickly realized he couldn't melee him at all. I managed to kill him without any issue of time limit.

Second time I did it with two other people, and we got warped out while Ifrit was readying a blood pact that would kill him. I forgot about the time limit and was being lax, and tried kneeling to Zantetsuken (died). I also didn't have either of my 1 hours.

So, as long as you're somewhat geared on SMN, have your 1 hours, and are mindful of his giant attacks of instant death, you should have no issue soloing it within the time limit. If you bring more than 1 person that can attack him, should be no problem. Just keep Reraise up.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-18 14:20:49
Link | Citer | R

I did odin using a SMN basically solo as the melees just ended dying for garroth (or whatever), but smn can end the fight quite simple, being the only problem the time. Adding more smn, you can go to skillchaining.

I think astral conduit will have some problems as he uses gerroth (or whatever) each 20% and it will kill the avatar, reducing the dmg the avatar can do with conduit.

Even as smn, with 119 gear, you can safely summon your avatar even being zerged by odin and adds so, its really safe if you know to time well your bloodpacts to avoid his gerroths (or whatever) and zenketsusomthing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
Serveur: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2015-02-19 14:22:27
Link | Citer | R

i was wondering where can we see the gift point we have or can we spend it to get them on a job? is it with job point or merit point?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2015-02-20 05:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Is there a place I can download the recent update outside of the official client? My internet is really messed up at the moment and I keep disconnecting mid-update, making me restart over and over again. One of my accounts gets turned off today so I really need to log on and move their stuff to my primary account before then. >_<;
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-20 08:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, and thank you. For the record, I've never done odin before so it must be just 1 from each tier for anyone.
Just did this a month ago. Send the avatar, BP, run away and when the avatar falls it's probably used the 10k dmg tp move, distributes it evenly among targets within range. Resummon after being drawn in, BP. Keep RR up and stay out of range of Zantetsuken. This was the strat used by myself and a friend, a mythic SMN. /SCH if you don't have anyone to dispel would be helpful, Dread Spikes slows things down quite a bit. I would recommend SMN or even PUP over BST due to recast on Call Beast when it dies, and it will die. NIN can use Migawari if they have a good FC set. Try shouting for a few extras.

By the way, Odin access is now just a feather from each tier. Of course someone without a t3 feather needs to do all t1~2 before being able to buy a t3 feather. Once you have one of each check the ??? to receive KI "Mark of the Einherjar" and you can then spend Ichor on tear/feather/soul? or whatever the third is to make more KIs in case of a loss. Good luck!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-02-20 11:53:10
Link | Citer | R

So, the verdict on WS from now on, is that 2% chance of a free ws, trumps all stat bonuses in waist and neck now pretty much, right?

So I can not only gain 14 inventory from combining, but another 20 from dropping wanion, artful, metalsinger, nefarious, shifting, moepapa, etc etc etc, essentially every ws neck and waist in the game?

(I'm gonna do it anyway, Just looking for a confirmation.)
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-02-20 17:45:56
Link | Citer | R

So I traded Ababinili staff, the Arke's wings and spent 10k accolade to get the +1 and now, as I try retrieving the HQd staff, my screen locks onto the npc and I have no options other than force DC. I tried multiple times on both tarutaru npc in Windy Woods and the result is always the same... Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
 Sylph.Staleyx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-20 22:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Won rank 3!! Never have won anything. So I was thinking picking the 84 p.wings would be best choice to upgrade all my skirmish1 gear on two characters. Most gil I could get out of this rank3 is around 3mill picking the delve2 matsx2.
 Bahamut.Kevinsorbo
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kevinsorbo 2015-02-20 22:47:04
Link | Citer | R

The rank 3 prize for the wings is only 12 btw

Edit: and Delve mats you only get 1
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-20 22:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said: »
So I traded Ababinili staff, the Arke's wings and spent 10k accolade to get the +1 and now, as I try retrieving the HQd staff, my screen locks onto the npc and I have no options other than force DC. I tried multiple times on both tarutaru npc in Windy Woods and the result is always the same... Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Doesn't sound like you're the only one, I saw a bug report on the Official Forums for the exact same thing.
[+]
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2015-02-21 03:46:04
Link | Citer | R

Which items are needed for the new skirmish to enter? Same head/torso/legs but with Eudamon item?
 Bismarck.Branden
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Branden
By Bismarck.Branden 2015-02-21 13:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Going to start making my next mythic and looking for some feedback/suggestions. The top 4 mythics that I want are Tizona, Terpischore, Vajra or Carnwenhan.

• Tizona- BLU is my favorite "hobby" job to play- I only really play it now for soloing Einherjar and Nyzuls. I'll probably make one eventually regardless of what I do next..

I'm leaning towards one of the other 3 for Rudra's Storm since that's mostly what i see now in parties and my other DD jobs (SAM, MNK, BLU) mostly favor light skillchains that don't play well with Rudras.

• Terpischore- DNC has a better DD potential than THF (correct me if I'm wrong) but lacks the enmity control tools that THF has so may not be preferred for party scenarios. I play DNC just about everyday now but mostly just for Dynamis..

• Vajra- THF will always have a place for TH so if Rudras ever becomes less OP compared to other ws's Vajra may have more longevity. THF was one of the first jobs that I brought to 75 back in the day and I already made a mythic for my other 2 lvl 75 jobs so there is that

• Carnwenhan- Out of the 3 rudras mythics, Carn is probably the strongest and most impactful for the job. I do already have a Ghorn but was curious if Carn makes BRD a competitive DD compared to non mythic THF's/DNC's in a party situation

I'm not interested in making a Nirvana or Yagrush but is there another mythic that does really well with all the Rudra's Storms that I'm seeing now?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-02-21 13:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Branden said: »
Going to start making my next mythic and looking for some feedback/suggestions. The top 4 mythics that I want are Tizona, Terpischore, Vajra or Carnwenhan.

• Tizona- BLU is my favorite "hobby" job to play- I only really play it now for soloing Einherjar and Nyzuls. I'll probably make one eventually regardless of what I do next..

I'm leaning towards one of the other 3 for Rudra's Storm since that's mostly what i see now in parties and my other DD jobs (SAM, MNK, BLU) mostly favor light skillchains that don't play well with Rudras.

• Terpischore- DNC has a better DD potential than THF (correct me if I'm wrong) but lacks the enmity control tools that THF has so may not be preferred for party scenarios. I play DNC just about everyday now but mostly just for Dynamis..

• Vajra- THF will always have a place for TH so if Rudras ever becomes less OP compared to other ws's Vajra may have more longevity. THF was one of the first jobs that I brought to 75 back in the day and I already made a mythic for my other 2 lvl 75 jobs so there is that

• Carnwenhan- Out of the 3 rudras mythics, Carn is probably the strongest and most impactful for the job. I do already have a Ghorn but was curious if Carn makes BRD a competitive DD compared to non mythic THF's/DNC's in a party situation

I'm not interested in making a Nirvana or Yagrush but is there another mythic that does really well with all the Rudra's Storms that I'm seeing now?

I've always felt that something as big as a mythic should be for a job you enjoy the most.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-21 13:59:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Branden said: »

Take the job that you love more than any other. The job that, if removed from the game, would make you quit. Now make a mythic for it. Don't worry about the current popular mythics. Just make a special gift for your favorite job.
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 14:10:15
Link | Citer | R

The secret is inside your pants.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 16:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Verda said: »
What's the best limit points per hour anyone has been able to get solo with trusts? I've seen numbers all over the place but the best I have seemed to be able to get (with all sparks gear) is 179k per hour, and it's sustainable, as long as no one else shows at my camp. But I think I read someone got like 250k an hour or something so just wondering how I can improve (outside of just having better gear, waiting on clearing the rest of the missions and story quests before I do that too much tho).

What/where youre fighting, what food are you eating, what buffs are you using, what setup of trusts, what job, what gear?
By Pantafernando 2015-02-21 16:45:24
Link | Citer | R

Do you have koru-moru trust? Using haste II will cap with a march from joachim. Haste is the best stat to increase.

Try using a bison steak or hedgehogh. It grants more att and last for 2h.

For camp i like bostauniex oblivion leeches gov. They are lv60, but still enough to complete gov page. Each page caps at 4100 exp per 9 leeches.

For gear, try grabbing a atoyac dagger with oat augment. Cetl belt is cheap and should be better than dynamis as you should be close to cap. instead str ring, try buying a tyrant ring and volley earring, i think it will be more effective than str. Cape can be atheling or vellanus +1 for dw2 if you can aford.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 354 355 356 ... 842 843 844