Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 860 861 862
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-09 01:58:29
Link | Citer | R

You could like....I don't know....do that yourself?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-09 01:59:11
Link | Citer | R

There is literally no reason to delete the items that are already in it. If you'd prefer not to scroll past them, go ahead and remove them on you copy. In the same sense, you can add any new pieces of gear that you'd like to see compared.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-09 02:23:29
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I can, and I have been, But it'd always be nice if it was done as a whole, instead of having to do each one individually.

While there is no reason to delete them, there is also no reason to still have them, so it's a wash. It's just less to scroll past. It's called optimizing.

I could understand the complaint if I just wanted 1 job's sheet updated. But unlike all the bandwagon players, I like to keep all my jobs up to date.

Can't there be some way to integrate the updated items into the sheets automatically? Instead of 1 person painstakingly updating them?
 Sylph.Limlight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2015-01-10 07:56:34
Link | Citer | R

What are the more NA populated servers? Couple friends and I are looking around since our server is turning into a JP server.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-10 08:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Limlight said: »
What are the more NA populated servers? Couple friends and I are looking around since our server is turning into a JP server.

Bahamut, I hear is 2nd most populated.

Asura seems busy as well.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-10 08:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Ffxi as a whole is majority a jp game, and you should thank them as its basically them who buys most of junks we farm.

Anyway, your best bet are the most popular servers. I would advise asura or odin, though odin jp community is higher. In asura, just checking the shouts, it more common english or auto translate shouts.
[+]
By Refia1 2015-01-11 02:53:30
Link | Citer | R

hello, do toonberries in abyssea count towards the hate?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-01-11 02:58:17
Link | Citer | R

Refia1 said: »
hello, do toonberries in abyssea count towards the hate?

Yes
By Pantafernando 2015-01-11 04:44:12
Link | Citer | R

I would sugest den of rancor, so you can also farm the goldsmithing torque in case youre into that crafting.

I got mine after i capped my tonberry hate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pretre
Serveur: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-01-11 08:02:11
Link | Citer | R

my xbox recently went pop so iv loaded up ffxi on my laptop, I downloaded my macros but it doesn't seem my equipsets have downloaded do I have to redo them all or is there a way to transfer tem
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-12 06:56:21
Link | Citer | R

Out of curiosity, how is arch-omega nowadays? Haven't done him since pre-ilvl, would I be able to dual box it with THF + WHM or is his initial PDT going to be too high? Also should I make sure to kill the gunpods asap or is the self-destruct thing not too bad?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-12 07:00:46
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
my xbox recently went pop so iv loaded up ffxi on my laptop, I downloaded my macros but it doesn't seem my equipsets have downloaded do I have to redo them all or is there a way to transfer tem

At least in update notes there wasnt any mention to store equipsets in server so i guess you will need to redo them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-01-12 10:17:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Out of curiosity, how is arch-omega nowadays? Haven't done him since pre-ilvl, would I be able to dual box it with THF + WHM or is his initial PDT going to be too high? Also should I make sure to kill the gunpods asap or is the self-destruct thing not too bad?

Was woundering the same thing about Arch Ultima.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-12 10:33:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

I know you're not going to be able to do Arch Ultima that successfully unless you use a pet job, I teamed up with a smn just because I gave him the ABC he needed to enter so he let me tag along.

In the end I think he was close to death at one time when it used CS on his Garuda and then it proceeded to wail on him but I can't see why pet jobs wouldn't be able to solo Arch Ultima.

I suppose it would be possible solo on a non-pet job but you've got to be on the ball, he does CS (instant death) at 49, 39, 29, 19 and 9 so you've got to try and range it or you're dead, also need a strong MDT, light resist if possible set for CB.

If you're like me and have a WHM tagging along it's a bit safer and in that case CS is going to be your biggest thing to watch for but at the very least it's predictable.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mckenzee 2015-01-12 14:12:34
Link | Citer | R

on the topic of arch ultima, there's a slightly easy way around citadel seige. i found that if you hold damage until it starts using citadel buster, and push past the *9s while it's counting down, it will NOT use citadel siege. Citadel buster is still dangerous, but it's not that hard to live through. using this method you can bypass all the seiges.

with arch omega, i didn't really have any problems in ilevel gear thf + whm, but bringing a mnk friend to formless the first 25% makes it sooooooo much faster.

I do have a question about skillchains. when closing a skillchain, does the skillchain element effect which gorget would be applicable for the weaponskill? IE tachi: fudo (light/distortion), when closing light: does snow/aqua gorget still work?
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-01-12 14:30:08
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't affect it. In fact, in many cases that would give you a gorget that doesn't work on the WS at all.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 01:06:09
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Does the tp bonus weapons from magian trials works in offhand?

Thanks in advance.
By Wordspoken 2015-01-13 01:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

I know you're not going to be able to do Arch Ultima that successfully unless you use a pet job, I teamed up with a smn just because I gave him the ABC he needed to enter so he let me tag along.

In the end I think he was close to death at one time when it used CS on his Garuda and then it proceeded to wail on him but I can't see why pet jobs wouldn't be able to solo Arch Ultima.

I suppose it would be possible solo on a non-pet job but you've got to be on the ball, he does CS (instant death) at 49, 39, 29, 19 and 9 so you've got to try and range it or you're dead, also need a strong MDT, light resist if possible set for CB.

If you're like me and have a WHM tagging along it's a bit safer and in that case CS is going to be your biggest thing to watch for but at the very least it's predictable.
I thought I saw a RDM solo for arch Ultima some months back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-01-13 03:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Quick one, but maybe another stupid question, but did indi-haste stack with haste II ? (to get max magical haste with GEO + RDM/BLM combo to cap stun recast without a bard)

Thks in advance.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 03:49:42
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Im using vwhl addon (to send vw weakness as /t for yourself), but would like how can i change it so it, instead sending me a direct tell, use /p instead, to tell everyone.

Thanks in advance.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-13 04:03:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Psylo said: »
Quick one, but maybe another stupid question, but did indi-haste stack with haste II ? (to get max magical haste with GEO + RDM/BLM combo to cap stun recast without a bard)

Thks in advance.
iirc, all different forms of haste stack.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 04:15:48
Link | Citer | R

Thks in advance.

Reraise no haste/geo haste: 48 s
Reraise geo haste: 32 s
Reraise haste/geo haste: 27 s
Reraise haste ii/geo haste: 27 s
Reraise bazeofglory geo haste: 27s
Reraise blazeofglory geo haste/haste ii: 27 s.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-13 04:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Thks in advance.

You've got to remember, magical haste caps at roughly 43%, which you hit with haste and geo-haste so it's not a surprise they were all the same once stacked.

Although you may just be demonstrating it, in which case you have shown that they do indeed stack.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 04:27:45
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »

Thks in advance.

You've got to remember, magical haste caps at roughly 43%, which you hit with haste and geo-haste so it's not a surprise they were all the same once stacked.

Although you may just be demonstrating it, in which case you have shown that they do indeed stack.

I dont know how strong was my geo mule geo haste, so i just throwed magics, and left so anyone reading can take his own conclusions.
 Asura.Psylo
Serveur: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-01-13 04:47:56
Link | Citer | R

So, i can cap magic haste with geo and rdm for stun ?
(i don't know what cap is)
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 04:51:32
Link | Citer | R

So, i can cap magic haste with geo and rdm for stun ?
(i don't know what cap is)

You can cap magic haste with single GEO/WHM if your geo has the enough gear and capped skills:

Acording to BG, indi-haste is 28%+ 1% each geomancy+ gear (dunna has 5 so 33%)
haste 1 is 15%

so indi haste and haste will make 48%, above magic cap.
By Zackan 2015-01-13 13:35:20
Link | Citer | R

Does the high Ilevel gear reduce your ability to skill up in anyway?

More specifically this question is, does the +200 or so skill effect your skill ups, such as making it harder especially in the higher skill levels?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-01-13 13:36:49
Link | Citer | R

Zackan said: »

More specifically this question is, does the +200 or so skill effect your skill ups, such as making it harder especially in the higher skill levels?

No, but it'll help you hit higher level things, which will help you skill faster.

One hundred million Ceizak mandies can't be wrong.
By Pantafernando 2015-01-13 14:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Zackan said: »

Hitting roots in reive are the best way to skill up. For that, you actually want your weakest weapon so you can prolong the reive. Afking with char autoattacking root will cap your skill while you are sleeping.
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 860 861 862