Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 838 839 840
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-18 14:04:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Asura.Loire said: »
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Random question, does TH influence the drop rate of Salvage II upgrade plans at all? Or is it all static, including the ones that have the chance to drop off gears for example?
TH will effect the ones that have a range in drop amounts for plans.
Many thanks, looks like I'll be going as thief since I rather get 4+ per run than sometimes 2 lol.

TH also affects cotton pouches from NMs and possible linen from NQ boss mob (if spawned on next to last floor), so that's another good reason to farm Salvage on THF.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-18 14:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I've never noticed any difference in linen drops from NQ with TH. There are good reasons not to farm Salvage on thief too- it kills more slowly than your other solo-centric jobs. I find monk most effective, personally, or puppetmaster. Beastmaster is awesome too but the first floor sucks a bit before you get a couple pieces of ilvl gear (due to low evasion).
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-18 18:35:32
Link | Citer | R

ffxidb.com shows pretty clear evidence that TH does indeed up linen rate on the NQ bosses. I'll trust actual compiled stats more than one person's anecdotal evidence of never noticing.

http://ffxidb.com/zones/73/hydra
http://ffxidb.com/zones/74/khimaira
http://ffxidb.com/zones/76/dvergr
http://ffxidb.com/zones/75/cerberus

Now, it's true that kill speed may be a bit slower on THF than some other jobs. Personally, I tend to rush to bosses for the guaranteed linen and shot at a lucky double-linen run so it doesn't matter as much to me if I spend a couple extra minutes on bosses. But if you're farming the entire gears floor, yeah maybe that makes up the difference.

And if you're already going with an eye on maximizing plans like Kaitaru's question, TH definitely has a significant benefit. So the additional chance of more alex is just a bonus.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-09-19 09:41:06
Link | Citer | R

Another option- you could do DNC/THF or PUP/THF and get TH3 for that increased drop rate. To me, going THF main was just never worth it... I'd rather go on monk or beast for a fast gear + NQ/HQ clear. The time that you save adds up as much as the increase to a (relatively low) linen rate from NQ. At two runs a day, the time really starts to rack up.

Although I'd bet that thief isn't as bad since the WS update. I haven't been to Salvage on thief in ages. My dancer is so much better geared that I hadn't found a reason to go thief to anything... maybe I should update my thief gear and try it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-09-19 10:19:11
Link | Citer | R

I will second PUP/THF being really excellent in Salvage for a mix of TH, easy survivability, and kill speed (fairly strong DD plus getting Haste II while solo from puppet is pretty nice!). Just really annoying when it takes a while to get ranged unlock ;)

I have friends who tear up Salvage on solo BLU too. Native TH and it rips through the mobs, especially if you're farming gears with AoE spells.

For me, I got used to THF while really focusing on farming plans (was making two 5/5 +1 armor sets for the hell of it, maybe some day they'll get ilevel...), it really is worth bringing TH if that's your goal. Just for clears, THF isn't THAT much slower DD wise if you're well geared though. It does have some really nice stuff like SA+Rudra for huge spike damage (and you can melee the back of mobs like Khim, Hydra, Cerb).
By Pantafernando 2014-09-20 15:44:26
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

For /blu, what are the good enmity generation spells?

Thanks in advance.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-20 15:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Jettatura, Blank Gaze.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shashu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sirseiko
By Cerberus.Shashu 2014-09-20 21:44:39
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know wtf a cleanly snapped rod is used for? Or did SE just give me the finger with the daily item garbage? D:
By Pantafernando 2014-09-20 21:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shashu said: »
Anyone know wtf a cleanly snapped rod is used for? Or did SE just give me the finger with the daily item garbage? D:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Recycling_Rods
[+]
 Cerberus.Shashu
user: Sirseiko
By Cerberus.Shashu 2014-09-20 22:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks I used the XIah link to the rod (which didn't have a page) so I assumed there was no information...1500gil, yay!
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-09-21 13:05:07
Link | Citer | R

What's up on Yahse? There's always about 30 anons there.

I know a couple of them are fishbots (not much money from it so why?).

I assume a couple are lair botting, but there's a lot of people, what could they possibly be doing? Any idea?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Highwynd 2014-09-21 18:53:10
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what Nicked Dagger KI is for? Got it while harvesting randomly and didn't see it associated with any quest.
By Zoltar 2014-09-21 19:20:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
What's up on Yahse? There's always about 30 anons there.

I know a couple of them are fishbots (not much money from it so why?).

I assume a couple are lair botting, but there's a lot of people, what could they possibly be doing? Any idea?
doesn't take botting; summoner just stands barely in range of a lair with a pet out, in regen gear

How does a SMN standing 19.9yalms away even get aggro? I've heard of BLMs distance nuking but not SMNs afk reiving.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-22 07:18:51
Link | Citer | R

What's up with salvage? I unlock gear slots but the encumberance stays on and I can't equip them.
By Wordspoken 2014-09-22 11:58:00
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of Salvage, which dat file I need to tamper with if I want to change the music that plays while fighting?

Lately I've muted/put on a CD while salvaging.
By Artemicion 2014-09-22 12:08:32
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
Speaking of Salvage, which dat file I need to tamper with if I want to change the music that plays while fighting?

Lately I've muted/put on a CD while salvaging.

If I remember correctly, ToAU is ROM3, and Mercenarie's Delight (main overworld battle theme in ToAU) is music138.bgw

If you need XiMC, let me know.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-22 13:58:46
Link | Citer | R

What level should I be to start fishing Liks + Gugs? I've just tried to fish a few things up at level 92+4, I tried a few times and each time my line broke, is this how it's gonna go or should I be a slightly higher level?
By minikomby 2014-09-22 16:21:40
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys

does anyone know if salvage V2 chariots work for mythic kill trials or just salvage v1 work?
 Bahamut.Valafar
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Valafar
By Bahamut.Valafar 2014-09-23 03:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Just returned to the game after a decent break, and looking to get a few new jobs levelled on a second character - what's the best way to exp nowadays?
From what I've seen exp seems to have been adjusted a little - SoA areas at 99 reward a metric ton of exp, while soloing a low level job seems the same as always. Am I stuck using FoV/GoV until 75+ for abyssea still?

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-23 03:41:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Valafar said: »
Just returned to the game after a decent break, and looking to get a few new jobs levelled on a second character - what's the best way to exp nowadays?
From what I've seen exp seems to have been adjusted a little - SoA areas at 99 reward a metric ton of exp, while soloing a low level job seems the same as always. Am I stuck using FoV/GoV until 75+ for abyssea still?

Thanks!
It's probably still abyssea, adoulin levelling would require ilvl gear, not really a place to level to 99.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-23 03:48:51
Link | Citer | R

minikomby said: »
Hey guys

does anyone know if salvage V2 chariots work for mythic kill trials or just salvage v1 work?

Unfortunately only Salvage Version 1.
 Ragnarok.Sharain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sharain
By Ragnarok.Sharain 2014-09-23 04:52:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
What level should I be to start fishing Liks + Gugs? I've just tried to fish a few things up at level 92+4, I tried a few times and each time my line broke, is this how it's gonna go or should I be a slightly higher level?
I was 100+all guild stuff when I fished for liks and gugs, still line snapped (or Lu Shang broke) at least half the time. :/ I think it's just the way it is.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-09-23 05:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
I was 100+all guild stuff when I fished for liks and gugs, still line snapped (or Lu Shang broke) at least half the time. :/ I think it's just the way it is.
I was 1/6 on Lik catches when I decided I'd level fishing some more. Small sample size but it was enough to convince me I wasn't high enough.
By Davorin 2014-09-23 05:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sharain said: »
I was 1/6 on Lik catches when I decided I'd level fishing some more. Small sample size but it was enough to convince me I wasn't high enough.

From my experiences and from friends' experiences, you should be well over 100 to fish up Liks and Gugrus w/o breaking a Lu Shang's Rod. Honestly, I would recommend buying them.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-09-23 05:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Quick Question!

Can I get WS point in campaign to break a latent effect? or we can't still?

Sorry for the silly question!
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-09-23 05:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Don't mobs have to be capable of giving exp before they count towards trials and stuff?
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-09-23 05:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Don't mobs have to be capable of giving exp before they count towards trials and stuff?

I came back to the game recently after 4 years, so I've no idea what has change and what has not.
I left the game when Abyssea released. I love that I can skill up in campaign now as an example of those changes. <3
By Pantafernando 2014-09-23 05:48:31
Link | Citer | R

I dont know about campaign, but i used roots in reives to unlock quest and mythic ws.

But how is the skill up in campaign? Can you just hit the edification for skill up? And what level it caps?
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2014-09-23 06:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I dont know about campaign, but i used roots in reives to unlock quest and mythic ws.

But how is the skill up in campaign? Can you just hit the edification for skill up? And what level it caps?

I think 76 - 79 on normal minion wave, General of the wave like 80-84.

Fortification...I have no idea since most area is taken by the nations in our server so is rare for me to be attacking one, but it seems to be low like 68 - 72.

Maybe someone will give more exact information about it.

Currently on my new character which is RDM90....I had been lvling on campaign mostly since lvl80+
Current status about Sword skill: 300
Dagger which I started recently on using: 235

I barely use magic on campaign and I capped it for Maat back when I was 70, which I cannot give information about that department. :<
First Page 2 3 ... 316 317 318 ... 838 839 840