Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 259 260 261 ... 859 860 861
By Kooljack 2014-03-07 16:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Hello there,

For yee summoner nation out there!

I seen a video of 2 summoner taking ADL down. Does ifrit have resistance to terror or his tp death move?

Thanks
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-08 07:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how hard NNI is now in ilvl gear?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-08 07:46:04
Link | Citer | R

4.8 kilodifficulties(you can't really say how difficult something is without knowing the players involved, it's kind of a vague question)

it's been duo-trioed, 4+ people will only lose if they're extremely incompetent on lamp floors or extremely unlucky
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-08 09:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
Anyone know how hard NNI is now in ilvl gear?
It's ridiculously easy. Though anyone who sucks at lamps is still going to be a liability.

It is still possible to loose simply due to horrible luck on floor jumps, excessive order lamps or a ton of large floors with sadistic layouts.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-08 09:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
4.8 kilodifficulties(you can't really say how difficult something is without knowing the players involved, it's kind of a vague question)

it's been duo-trioed, 4+ people will only lose if they're extremely incompetent on lamp floors or extremely unlucky

True, I just meant the number of players that could do it minimum. Guess will give it a try!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-08 10:42:08
Link | Citer | R

Yeah just did a go, got 3x 2 jump only floors, 3 clear alls and they was puddings with no BLMs haha, definitely possible tho.
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2014-03-08 14:35:14
Link | Citer | R

What's better neckpiece for WHM? Orison Locket or Jeweled collar w/ Fast Cast+2 augment?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-08 16:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
What's better neckpiece for WHM? Orison Locket or Jeweled collar w/ Fast Cast+2 augment?

If its just curecasting time, you can check the aceso choker.
The whm stickied is awesome, anything you want about whm you can find there. Maybe missing new updates, but still great.
By minikomby 2014-03-08 18:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys i have been looking forums to find info about new skirmish v3 but nothing, anyone know where i can find info? weakness and about how not trigger emcumbrance tp moves?
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2014-03-08 18:52:33
Link | Citer | R

minikomby said: »
Hey guys i have been looking forums to find info about new skirmish v3 but nothing, anyone know where i can find info? weakness and about how not trigger emcumbrance tp moves?

From my experience:
Ironclad = magic dmg will cause kick
Golem thing(dunno name of mob)= WS will cause it to go passive and reform with encumbrance tp move
Ape = dunno what triggers, but seems to do move if it has rock animation around it, ws from behind to remove this animation.

All else i have not seen any from: cerb, chaputli, acurex

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-09 01:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have testing link to the 119 Skirmish weapons with WSD+ on them? Do we know if it's on all hits on the WS or only on the first?
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-09 08:53:52
Link | Citer | R

Serious question...

What content (if any) is RDM relevant in these days? I returned to FFXI after a 5 year break and had to start a new character and chose RDM for various reasons, mainly because I love being able to swap playstyles with the touch of a macro. I am finding it very hard to get into any meaningful content.

For starters all shout groups for AA on my server, need BRD PLD RNG COR WHM. I'm guessing by this that Rdm no longer can fill the healer role in single partys. The same problem for any of the SKNM fights except replace RNG/COR with MNK's or War.

Is RDM unable to keep up due to no Curaga or is it something else? I've gotten a huge amount cure potency gear and I never use it. My nuke set should be similar to most BLM's and the only thing I can think of is lack of -ja and tier 5. Does nobody need haste/refresh II, enfeebles, dispels etc?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-09 09:33:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
Look in to Orunmila's Torque. It's 5% fc so it'll work on all spells rather than just curing and is better than the 2% aug.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-09 09:38:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Anyone have testing link to the 119 Skirmish weapons with WSD+ on them? Do we know if it's on all hits on the WS or only on the first?
No testing has been done yet that I have seen. Traditionally, WS dmg+% tends to be first hit only unless it is an augment or specifies a ws. Also, no effect in the offhand.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-09 09:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
Serious question...

What content (if any) is RDM relevant in these days? I returned to FFXI after a 5 year break and had to start a new character and chose RDM for various reasons, mainly because I love being able to swap playstyles with the touch of a macro. I am finding it very hard to get into any meaningful content.

For starters all shout groups for AA on my server, need BRD PLD RNG COR WHM. I'm guessing by this that Rdm no longer can fill the healer role in single partys. The same problem for any of the SKNM fights except replace RNG/COR with MNK's or War.

Is RDM unable to keep up due to no Curaga or is it something else? I've gotten a huge amount cure potency gear and I never use it. My nuke set should be similar to most BLM's and the only thing I can think of is lack of -ja and tier 5. Does nobody need haste/refresh II, enfeebles, dispels etc?

It's not really RELEVANT to anything, but it is a decent sub-in for other jobs depending on the content. It's useful in alliance delve, which is pretty rare now that you can lowman, it's sorta useful in skirmish 3, but basically fills a buffer spot, etc. It's kinda the go-to 2nd mage, but when do you have space for a 2nd mage that isn't better filled with another DD?
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-09 11:11:50
Link | Citer | R

I suppose that makes sense since Whm can haste and Brd can fill melee haste/mage mp needs as well as elegy. Unnecessary mages has never been good so I totally understand why the DD makes more sense rather than more mages.

What I dont understand is why Rdm cant at least replace the Whm slot if needed. It seems like it would be fine with how much mana regen we're capable of. Not to mention enfeebs and fast cast.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-09 12:06:30
Link | Citer | R

It's probably possible for RDM/SCH to main heal some current content, but WHM or SCH just do it much better. RDM's major advantages at 75 were its MP recovery and Fast Cast. However, MP isn't an issue anymore and now most jobs can get near the casting time reduction cap. Its major advantages are pretty meaningless.

With an Ochain/Aegis PLD against the GK, HM, or MR Ark Angels, my BRD/WHM can main heal fine. RDM would work there too for those fights. Similarly, a RDM/SCH willing to spam C4 every 4 seconds and use Accession can likely main heal most of the new Skirmish runs comfortably if you're a little selective about what you fight.

The healing power hierarchy is basically:
WHM >= SCH >> RDM >= BRD >= BLU > SMN == PLD >= every other job
>= for when they're about the same in some situations and ignoring other benefits the jobs give. I ignored DNC because its healing potential is very high but the feasibility varies widely, so it doesn't really fit in the hierarchy in any one spot.

WHM is the best healer. All Cures, Afflatus Solace, Esuna, Sacrifice, AF3+2 pants, Yagrush, etc.
SCH is the second best healer. Perpetuance/Accession Regen V (81 HP/tick for 6.5 minutes with Tabula Rasa) and frequent stratagems for Accession Cure IV.
RDM and BRD can both dramatically reduce/cap casting time and have near infinite MP. RDM has the advantage because it casts a little faster and doesn't have many other responsibilities. If you use a bard main healer, people die when the bard has to run in to sing and gets hit with a status AoE.
BLU has AoE status removal and a native Refresh spell, which is what puts it above every other job with MP.
SMN and PLD have minor advantages over every other job with MP, but not much really.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-09 12:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
I suppose that makes sense since Whm can haste and Brd can fill melee haste/mage mp needs as well as elegy. Unnecessary mages has never been good so I totally understand why the DD makes more sense rather than more mages.

What I dont understand is why Rdm cant at least replace the Whm slot if needed. It seems like it would be fine with how much mana regen we're capable of. Not to mention enfeebs and fast cast.

It CAN replace the WHM as main healer in a lot of stuff, it just doesn't do it as well, and it's not like WHM's are hard to find.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-03-09 12:13:13
Link | Citer | R

rdm is clearly the best healer for doing vd kamlanaut without cheat buffs, and rdm vs sch in most situations just comes down to how badly you need that regen5

i'd make a case for rdm>sch in skirm just because the damage taken is easy to keep up with and it gets you an effective nuker(sch juggling arts is ***, and anyone who's ever tried to do it knows it).. rdm has a ton of enhancing duration+ that doesn't cost them stratagems as well these days

unfortunately, much like blu, nobody wants a rdm for anything anyway, so it's pretty moot.. level sch if you want a somewhat similar playstyle and party invites.. even the situations where rdm is an effective replacement aren't likely to get you an invite because the playerbase doesn't use rdms

more toward original question..

RDM is perfectly capable of solo healing(VD for the ones with varying difficulty):
-All 5 AA(assuming rng strat)
-DM2(supertank healer or main pld healer)
-Skirmish 1-3
-Ealdnarch
-Kamlanaut(other mages should help -nas and occasional cures, but whm and sch can't help nuke very effectively so it's actually the best choice here)
-All SKC20
-Wildkeeper(assuming you bring an organized group not a shout)

RDM is probably not capable of consistantly solo healing:
-Delve
-Legion
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Javarr
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Javarr 2014-03-09 17:04:48
Link | Citer | R

Okay, apologies if this has been brought up here or in another topic (search did not yield the answers I was looking for sadly). What I was wondering is one of two things. Either one I could find the answer to the other.

In the instance of high-tier endgame content (Delve mega bosses, Arch Angels (D and VD) and the like;

A) What is the commonly accepted level/evasion that is used for calculating accuracy (Particularly low support / Low man instances)

and/or

B) What is commonly the target value for accuracy (Melee and Ranged) for the same noted situations.

I know there is a lot of variables that go into play on these, but looking at a good baseline to work my calculations off of. Some jobs I have I know need more ACC, but some it almost feels like overkill (IE RNG and maybe DRG).

Any information on this would help greatly. Thank you in advance.
By ailaique 2014-03-10 05:32:43
Link | Citer | R

Good morning.

Once, when i was saying to someone about the daurdabla third song being gimp, because you must use it to cast the 3rd, not a +song, someone replied me about a trick to make all songs in full potency. He said it was a ghorn and dharp trick, but i dont have the horn yet, so my question is, will my third song be always gimp till i get a ghorn ; ;? And whats that trick to have all songs full potency?

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2014-03-10 05:52:41
Link | Citer | R

ailaique said: »
Good morning.

Once, when i was saying to someone about the daurdabla third song being gimp, because you must use it to cast the 3rd, not a +song, someone replied me about a trick to make all songs in full potency. He said it was a ghorn and dharp trick, but i dont have the horn yet, so my question is, will my third song be always gimp till i get a ghorn ; ;? And whats that trick to have all songs full potency?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not a bard, but I'm assuming what he referred to is this (copied from BGwiki):

Quote:
Allows a third song to be active, so it is possible to give two songs with instruments that enhance them and then one song with Daurdabla.
This third song can be overwritten with a longer duration song, so it is possible to maintain three full strength songs.
[+]
By Spiraboo 2014-03-10 05:53:37
Link | Citer | R

It's not a ghorn and dharp trick specifically, any instruments can do it. When you sing a new song, the song with the least duration gets removed, so if you can get your dharp song to be the one with least duration (ghorn just makes it easier, but you can do it with just switching out some song duration+ gear), you can overwrite that one with a song that uses a +2/3 instrument.

Granted you can't overwrite the same song if it has more than 2 minute duration(seems like SE is changing this though), so what you want to do is something like this:

Say you're aiming for March March Min5.

1. Sing march march on march instrument.
2. sing a dummy song (like paeon/carol) with no song duration+ gear
(if you use timers you can tell whether your 3rd song has the least duration)
3. overwrite dummy song with Min5 with min instrument.
[+]
By ailaique 2014-03-10 06:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Amazing.

Cant wait to test it later.

Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-03-10 07:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
No testing has been done yet that I have seen. Traditionally, WS dmg+% tends to be first hit only unless it is an augment or specifies a ws. Also, no effect in the offhand.

Ok well I have an Iztaasu +2 augmented with DMG+9 Acc+9 WS DMG+10%. Seeing as everything these days has insane stats what would be a good place to see if it effects additional hits on a WS?
By ailaique 2014-03-11 06:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Boo... It didnt work as intended ; ;

Casted 2x marches in langeleik, earth carol ii in dharp and valor minuet 5 in apollos, and a march was replaced.
Truth to be said, i sang all songs in full af3+2, dont know if my long casting time made my first march with less duration of carol when the last was casted, but i tried the same combination with nightingale and troubador, and still a march was replaced and the carol remained. What am i doing wrong?

Another question, once talked here also, its when i was doing some skcnm, and needed march for party and pianissimo ballad for whm. Started woth 2x marches full party and pianissimo ballad for whm, but i heard complain about whm keeping one march and one ballad instead 2 ballads.

So, in the end, how the overwrite works? Any song can replace another if the diferent kind not matter the remaining time, or just under 2mins songs can be replaced?

Thanks i advance.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2014-03-11 06:42:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Ok well I have an Iztaasu +2 augmented with DMG+9 Acc+9 WS DMG+10%. Seeing as everything these days has insane stats what would be a good place to see if it effects additional hits on a WS?

Go to a low level area where you can cap fSTR/Ratio but the monsters don't die in one WS hit (like Sauro) on a job without DA and use Fast Blade over and over with 100 TP. Wear STR gear and don't wear +fTP gear or multi-attack gear. Report back here with your stats and damages and we should be able to figure it out. 10-20 samples is probably a good starting place.

Also, keep track of your max crit damage so we can confirm you are fSTR capped.
First Page 2 3 ... 259 260 261 ... 859 860 861