Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 235 236 237 ... 860 861 862
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2013-11-26 13:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Cerberus.Josiahfk said: »
Shiva.Devrom said: »
I got a frayed sack of deviousness from walk 7 as well, it's soloable by a few jobs easily

to add to this Kindergarten Cap kcnm has a fairly high rate on devious pouches as well as birth pouches if you wish to peruse other options

is this true during the eleventh anniversary campaign or the way it is by default?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2013-11-26 14:21:17
Link | Citer | R

xaniko said: »
xaniko said: »
Coming back to game after 1 year hiatus. Starting a new char, anyone have an updated leveling guide? GoV of Fov camps to solo? Cannot find ppl to do abyssea or Gusgen.

Thanks!

Due to lack of players/interest, sure its hard to find party in traditional camps like gusgen, crawlers and bostauniex. Abyssea worm party still is more common, so first recomendation is to go there as soon as you get to lv30, and wait someone nice invite you so you can join even without cruor for keys. Maybe if you can level whm and go spamming cures/haste/raise you wont be a leech and be actually useful even at lower levels. Check the abyssea box to see if you can get your atmas and stuffs.
Now to go from 1 to 30, maybe that will be tricky. Maybe shouting for party in jeuno before going. If that help, know that lv8 char can get exp in a single party of lv99 chars. So you could go from 8-30 in 2 hours if you can find a exp party in bostauniex.
One last tip is that jps are a lot more active than na players, so its more likely to find a party in any camp.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2013-11-26 14:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Do WKR, you will probably get it a lot faster.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-26 16:51:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Is there still a cap on number of mobs you can kill at once for EXP? I think it was 8? Want to try my hand at nuking down groups in abyssea for exp.

Pretty sure that only the number of kills displayed in the chat log had a cap, you still got credit for them all.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-26 16:57:29
Link | Citer | R

Easy way to find out. Go to abby and do some cleaving. Grab 9 mobs, check your EXP before and add together the EXP you get, see if it adds up. Keep grabbing more until the numbers don't jive. But if it was capped at 8, you most you could get per pull would be about 5K depending on relative level and lights. I know I've got more than that from a pull before.
 Bismarck.Misao
Serveur: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2013-11-26 17:03:20
Link | Citer | R

ops, wrong random

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-26 18:22:52
Link | Citer | R

don't think wkr are 100% cape, killed hurkan twice the other day with all of my characters and only got capes on 3/9 and 4/9 from the two kills.. some of my characters had no capes before the first

still seems better than plain reives though
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-26 19:56:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Nikia said: »
yeah it seems there is a cap of like 8 kills, nuked down 14 at once and only got credit for 6 on screen, math wise i think 2 kills got credit for but not showing in log

that doesn't sound very conclusive

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-11-26 22:54:47
Link | Citer | R

only 600 exp via the log or actual experience meter? 8 mobs @80 exp would be 640.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2013-11-27 05:09:19
Link | Citer | R

Hi.
Im starting doing some foret delve pugs and would like some help with some of those tricky nms.
First faded cracklaw, what point do you use to swap from formless to physical? Just check hp% till 80% then swap or there are some characteristic dmg where you know its the right point, like matamata?
Second is krabakarpo. This nm seems troublesome, i can understand he gain resistance till some point but in case you dont reach 50% with first formless, are you screwed? Also how its defense works? If its time based like bg said, not stunning his def boost moves would mean failure, as you would have less 30 sécs. to do dmg?
Third hint i ask is when its desired to use sulpor and when its not. I supose sulpor should be off in any physical mode, but that and formless could help first 50% in crab? In what situations sulpor from mnk/run will bring benefits and when it must be off?
Thanks in advance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-11-27 05:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Kraklaw rebalances resistances periodically when it uses riptide eupnea. Biggest thing is keeping magic damage ~equal to physical. One MNK and 2 mura SAMs with buffs will kill it in under 3 minutes. If you have a mess of DD, formless off the bat and try to equal it out. One physical DD per 2 formless MNKs should generally be fine, assuming the MNKs are WSing. Requiescat/Mura DD are about neutral. Disengage anyone you can't balance, and have anyone who can nuke do so if you're still having trouble. It seems to not have a zero-sum, if your damage is balanced both physical and magic will end up doing more than normal.

Krabakarpo builds resistance proportional to damage taken. If you do 50% of it's HP in purely physical damage, it'll have -50% physical damage taken. If you do 90% of it's hp in purely physical damage, it'll have -90% physical damage taken. This is entirely seperate from the TP moves, if it has scissor guard up and it's been taken 100-10 using only physical, it'll take only 1% damage.

The best way to handle it is to bring murasamemaru or requiescat users and keep physical multiplier low enough they can still hit above 0 with scissor guard. Personally, I formless at 60%(this won't do amazing damage or carry you, it'll just slow the physical penalty by building the magic one) and have all DD that aren't using requiescat or mura disengage(also at 60%). This ensures you don't take the physical multiplier too high. As long as you're still hitting above 0 for TP, it'll die relatively fast to req and mura.

I don't use sulpor at all, SCH/RDM enthunder is superior for shark and will allow your MNKs a real subjob. If that's not practical to you, I would advise using it on both crabs. Make sure to lunge it off before the pugil, so as not to accidentally superbuff it's enspell.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shashu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sirseiko
By Cerberus.Shashu 2013-11-27 15:15:05
Link | Citer | R

Curious question, as I can't find the thread I had seen a couple months back, is Colkhab, the Ceizak Battlegrounds WKR, soloable?
By Pantafernando 2013-11-27 15:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shashu said: »
Curious question, as I can't find the thread I had seen a couple months back, is Colkhab, the Ceizak Battlegrounds WKR, soloable?

Josiafk posted some vid where he lowmaned some naakuals.
In fact, colkhab is the easiest. Almost no wipe move, just a weakening one, and poison. Dont know if soloable, but for sure dont need a full ally. 2 dds and a healer should handle it, but will take a lot of time.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fractalvoid 2013-11-28 11:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Did Colkhab down to like 60% the other day with myself on RNG and my friend triboxing MNK,WHM&4song BRD. We were doing fine and probably could have finished it ourselves but other people showed up.

He had triboxed Hurkan earlier that day with same setup

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-28 12:16:22
Link | Citer | R

I've trioed it on MNK BRD WHM, weakness wasn't a huge issue.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-28 12:24:34
Link | Citer | R

Did you have rancor on? I'm not sure how his critical damage move works, but I never died to it.
First Page 2 3 ... 235 236 237 ... 860 861 862